Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Everything changed when the cuck nation attacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cuck

Cuck never changes

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Everything is over for gamers..............OR IS IT?!
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
twitter is actually really easy

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Patreon would own if you could donate money but check a box to cause the total to decrease by that amount instead

4chan and Zoe's harem would have spent the past two weeks squandering tens of thousands of dollars having a slapfight about some dumpy chick's financial future

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
pacman is actually a metaphor of american consumerism

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Don Tacorleone posted:

I think it has to do with this faggoty article being passed around or something but lol if u think Imma read this poo poo

http://dangolding.tumblr.com/post/95985875943/the-end-of-gamers

The last few weeks therefore represent the moment that gamers realised their own irrelevance. This is a cold wind that has been a long time coming, and which has framed these increasingly malicious incidents along the way. Videogames have now achieved a purchase on popular culture that is only possible without gamers.
On some level, the grim individuals who are self-centred and myopic enough to be upset at the prospect of having their medium taken away from them are absolutely right. They have astutely, and correctly identified what is going on here. Their toys are being taken away, and their treehouses are being boarded up. Videogames now live in the world and there is no going back.

Yeah b*******s we appropriated your stupid faggy medium because you're so prejudice what do you think about that you fat masturbating shut-in neckbearded losers

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Finally the 568th media conspiracy this situation needed

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Really good if true, and I'm kind of tempted to believe it since game journos have been pushing the ":siren: GAMERS ARE DEAD :siren:" thing really hard for the past day, but it came from 4chan and so it could easily be fake.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Falsum posted:

Really cool if true, but it came from 4chan and so it could easily be fake.

I'm giving 4chan a free pass on leaks for like a week since they somehow managed to blow out all the remaining smash bros info

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
rape-threatening internet siege

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Turn off your computer, idiot.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
how many monkeys & typewriters would it take to recreate "journalist" nathan grayon's facebook posts

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Thxn for your reply, please have a seat (optional: please have a seat poverty ghost)

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Thread just got good again :allears:

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

I like how "#GamerGate" is just a specific slap in the dick

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

gently caress the ROW posted:

Thxn for your reply, please have a seat (optional: please have a seat poverty ghost)

stay seated poverty ghost.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

gently caress the ROW posted:

how many monkeys & typewriters would it take to recreate "journalist" nathan grayon's facebook posts

One but the monkey uses a macbook instead.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
It isn't really surprising that this could blow up in everyone's face because no matter how hard they cling to their victim complex they totally did out temselves as dishonest shills and they are going a long way towards alienating the majority of their base for the sake of one lovely person.

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
#OccupyKotaku

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

stay seated poverty ghost.

edit: its good to me

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
How the gently caress can that game journalist idiot be friends with Zoe Quinn and angry at someone for being a mean spirited piece of poo poo? How does that cognitive dissonance not eat at your soul?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

natetimm posted:

It isn't really surprising that this could blow up in everyone's face because no matter how hard they cling to their victim complex they totally did out temselves as dishonest shills and they are going a long way towards alienating the majority of their base for the sake of one lovely person.

Entire situation is literally win win

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I like how "#GamerGate" is just a specific slap in the dick

dick slapping is very mean please don't dick slap nathan grayson unless you're a pastel-haired indie girl.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

lol that fucker got owned.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

natetimm posted:

and they are going a long way towards alienating the majority of their base for the sake of one lovely person.

This is the most fantastic part of the whole thing. The major game sites are hoping there will be typical short memory syndrome with gamers like with game companies except game companies provide a product and game sites provide monkeys slapping a typewriter so there's no reason for gamers to ever forgive or forget here

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

It's something that's going to pan out over a period of weeks and months as well, these recent salvoes of "gently caress gamers" from gaming sites in general are just one phase. There's going to be a back and forth on this for a while and as more people get interested and read up on things, more and more stuff is going to come to light. The fact that there's a major con going on this weekend creates the potential for other complications as well. If 4chan is serious about trying to win and take the moral high ground (there's a sentence I thought I would never write) they are going to have to rein in the loons and other overly-aggressive types and use the steady pressure on advertisers and purse strings SJWs have perfected so well over the last few years.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I can't wait to see how this plays out! Going to be EPIC!!

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I know the guy who wrote this and I can confirm that this is 100% true. Video game companies are pretty loving livid at journalists pissing on their audience instead on doing real reporting. EA apparently is pretty angry that coverage of the sims 4 is being pushed back by lovely SJW bullshit.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

There isn't really any way 4chan could lose, since this is just a glorified PR war and their public stock is already in the shitter. Zoe's side is being dragged through the mud and the longer it goes on it'll be worse for them, despite how much patron money Zoe is raking in from this.

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 30, 2014

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Pleasant Friend posted:

despite how much patron money Zoe is racking in from this

90% of that poo poo will be gone within three weeks

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Spiky Ooze posted:

No comments allowed! Hahaha.

Are they worried people would say something like: "Hmm, this looks pretentious. Basing a game on a hodgepodge of traditional college social studies and art studies humdrum that shocks no one in this age. You'd have to be kind of dense to think people want to play your term paper."

(The game might even be interesting, I have no idea, but that RPS article is the dumbest way to say that is, if it is.)

rps comments are always bad

also this game takes for loving ever to load. and every subsection has separate forever loading screens

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

My thoughts

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
WHY ISN'T THE TITLE CUCKTALES

A woo woo!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

dog kisser posted:

WHY ISN'T THE TITLE CUCKTALES

A woo woo!
Reminder:
http://tindeck.com/listen/bkyh

Sephiroth_IRA