Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Xavier434 posted:

This sounds like something that I would like.

SPERG has a feature where if you eat a lot of food then it periodically increases your stats right? I thought I saw something like that in the settings but I am not in a position the verify it right now. If that is the case then will it work with the new cooking recipes that Gromit adds?

I'm not sure, I've never really used SPERG more than a little.

I think it depends on how SPERG does it, I could see it going both ways but regardless if you just load Gromits afterwards it would be fine (unless you specifically want both then crack open TES5Edit).

Really I don't know why it's not in the OP :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It can be made to either increase either Alchemy experience or your primary attributes a little bit at a time.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

SPERG still did it's food thing when I used Realistic Needs and Diseases. I once leveled up Alchemy by refilling empty bottles (RND empty bottles are counted as food items that disappear and add full bottles to your inventory when "eaten"). I don't really know this stuff, as far as I know SPERG will detect any mod foods but might not increase the right stats depending on the method used to determine such things. If they're done with keywords, it would probably be trivial to make a compatibility patch.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Mage Ham posted:

Go to: Mod Organizer > Profiles > [Your Profile's Name Here]
There will be several text files, one is called loadorder (this is your right pane) and one is called modlist (this is your left).

You can upload them somewhere like pastebin for sharing purposes.

Have you already run LOOT through MO and checked the report?

LOOT only gave me a few warnings about dirty edits. (And a warning about a .esp and .esm conflicting with each other, but I've already disabled one)

http://pastebin.com/DZqhVRYp

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Are there any decent casting animation mods? The only one I can find is http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28428/ and while half of the animations in it are alright, the other half, ritual spells especially are :laffo:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Metrohunter posted:

Are there any decent casting animation mods? The only one I can find is http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28428/ and while half of the animations in it are alright, the other half, ritual spells especially are :laffo:

Scyantific posted:

I use a combination of:
-Belt Fastened Quivers - Changes the location of quivers for Frostfall to avoid massive clipping, and also changes the bow shooting animation
-Pretty Combat Idles - For a more relaxed one-handed idle animation
-YY Zweihander - for the two handed "over the shoulder" idle
-YY Mystic Knight and New Magic Casting Animations - for smoother and more visually pleasing magic casting animations
-Immersive Animations - For general animation improvements.

Remember that most if not all Nexus mods will attempt to make things as anime/sexual as possible.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Remember that most if not all Nexus mods will attempt to make things as anime/sexual as possible.

Says the guy that uses over the shoulder 2 hand idle.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

No matter what flavour of animation mod you use, sprinting with a weapon will always be that terrible poo poo where they lean forward at a 45 degree angle both hands thrust back behind them :smith:

Because if there's one place I want my sword in a fight, it's behind my back.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Says the guy that uses over the shoulder 2 hand idle.

Sorry, don't like my guys carrying their two-handers like they were baseball bats.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Metrohunter posted:

YY Animation Replace - Mystic Knight + Immersive Animations is what I use to replace the animations and it's very nice. It's excellent for just having one spell active + weapon, but all of them are nice.

It's also customizable, so you can turn off the retarded weapon spin thing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Sorry, don't like my guys carrying their two-handers like they were baseball bats.

Have you seen how thick Skyrim swords are? Might as well just swing a home run anyways.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Have you seen how thick Skyrim swords are? Might as well just swing a home run anyways.

Who uses swords when you can literally wield a dragon's leg bone as a big fuckoff weapon? :confused:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Berke Negri posted:

Have you seen how thick Skyrim swords are?

Are you not using Better Shaped Weapons? Shame on you.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Kraven Moorhed posted:

(thanks to Familiar Faces)

I installed this mod and seem to be having trouble:

My character is Argonian. I made sure to get all the required add-ons (I didn't install RaceMenu tho, just got the required .dll file)

Entropic posted:

So how come there's pheasant breasts everywhere but no wild pheasants? What are they really made of?

:smuggo:

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014
But have you ever seen a living pheasant? Are we perhaps witnessing pheasants going the way of the dodo?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
As it turns out, "pheasant" is actually the Old Imperial word for "Elf."

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Nah, it's a phoneme shift and you guys are mispronouncing it: drop the H.

Edit: For content, Druid's Den Collector's Edition is a drat fine player home. The decoration in the main hall is a little gaudy, but pretty much every storage area populates itself with non-interactive copies of your stored items for decoration. I'm curious, are there other house mods that do this?

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 30, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was looking forward to fighting Alduin with World Eater Beater but I get to the end of the first stage of the fight and it disables my controls and Alduin just sits there staring at me gormlessly forever :(

Anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it? I've seen others report it, but nothing on how to get past it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone come across some cool animation replacements for unarmed fighting? The only ones i have found so far don't change the regular attacks, only powerattacks.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 30, 2014

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Guys what kind of dragon is this???????

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Farecoal posted:

Guys what kind of dragon is this???????

Ah, you have encountered the fearsome low poly dragon.
The game has a glitch where it can fail to load the normal mesh of an object, and it gets stuck with the lod mesh. Dragon are the primary victim of this.
Quicksaving and loading should fix it. Alternatively, there's a mod called "No Dragon LODs" on the nexus that removes the lod models from dragons, forcing the game to always use their normal model.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 31, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
A while ago, I saw a video for a mod that used MCM to set enchantment effects on your weapon. There were a lot to choose from, and you could toggle and combine them at will. I kinda got sucked back into Skyrim and now I'm wanting to try that, but can't find it :( Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit:

Think I found it :toot: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56614/

Is there a mod that lets you summon and dispel mounts? It'd be cool if you could put Shadowmere back in the blood pool :haw:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 31, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What are the best Hearthfire-or-better quality home mods out there? Preferably with no lovely voice acting.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Man, I just can't catch a break. So here's a new problem in the attached image. It only happens for iron arrows, and this time there's nothing in TES5Edit that seems to have caused this. Maybe a BSA error? It happened completely out of nowhere, too, kind of like the house in Riften was called Honexside for one game session.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
After having wasted nearly 2 entire days trying to get Skyrim to work well with Nexus Manager and ENB my life was a disaster. I came here and asked and goons pointed me in the direction of Mod Organizer. I'm about 15-20 hours in and have had no CTD except in Whitehelm due to the open cities mod (known bug I guess) and haven't had anything unusual happen that has caused my game to become corrupt or anything of the sort.

That being said I can NOT for the life of me get SMIM to work with ELFX when using Mod Manager. Even when creating a new profile and only choosing the default items (such as climate of tamriel, enhanced lightning and fx, unofficial patches) and using the "SMIM ELFX fix" the SMIM meshes never ever throw shadows and are basically in fullbright mode. I am using realvision ENB but that being said it is just enbseries so the ENB I'm using shouldn't matter that much. I tried with my main profile (over 80+ mods) and a brand new profile where all I do is choose ELFX, SMIM, and the SMIM ELFX fix. Has anyone had this problem? Reading online I can't find anyone with this issue.

Thanks again goons, game looks amazing. This is how it currently looks for me.

I'm very happy with how the game looks but not being able to use SMIM kinda sucks.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 31, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Meowbot posted:

After having wasted nearly 2 entire days trying to get Skyrim to work well with Nexus Manager and ENB my life was a disaster. I came here and asked and goons pointed me in the direction of Mod Organizer. I'm about 15-20 hours in and have had no CTD except in Whitehelm due to the open cities mod (known bug I guess) and haven't had anything unusual happen that has caused my game to become corrupt or anything of the sort.

That being said I can NOT for the life of me get SMIM to work with ELFX when using Mod Manager. Even when creating a new profile and only choosing the default items (such as climate of tamriel, enhanced lightning and fx, unofficial patches) and using the "SMIM ELFX fix" the SMIM meshes never ever throw shadows and are basically in fullbright mode. I am using realvision ENB but that being said it is just enbseries so the ENB I'm using shouldn't matter that much. I tried with my main profile (over 80+ mods) and a brand new profile where all I do is choose ELFX, SMIM, and the SMIM ELFX fix. Has anyone had this problem? Reading online I can't find anyone with this issue.

Thanks again goons, game looks amazing. This is how it currently looks for me.

I'm very happy with how the game looks but not being able to use SMIM kinda sucks.

How can you play with that level of saturation/contrast? :stare:

Here's an example of how my game looks for comparison:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 31, 2014

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Yeah jeeze, it looks like the sun went nova in your screenshot. This is my game for comparison:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

You weenies being all not frozen and poo poo :jerkbag:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like Insanity is back with a custom bow mod.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Positronic Spleen posted:

Man, I just can't catch a break. So here's a new problem in the attached image. It only happens for iron arrows, and this time there's nothing in TES5Edit that seems to have caused this. Maybe a BSA error? It happened completely out of nowhere, too, kind of like the house in Riften was called Honexside for one game session.

This is just a wild-rear end guess but it looks like theres a character in between "Iron" and "Arrow" that would appear as a space in most windows fonts but shows up as one of those squares in the Skyrim font. If you're sure there's not an issue with Skyrim itself, maybe there's an issue with your strings files?

It also might be an issue if somebody got the ASCII/Unicode/Whatever-the-gently caress messed up when changing a name in a mod, but the fact that you had something wrong with another in-game name leads me to believe that it might be something more all-encompassing. Whats your load order?

Farecoal posted:

I installed this mod and seem to be having trouble:

My character is Argonian. I made sure to get all the required add-ons (I didn't install RaceMenu tho, just got the required .dll file)
:smuggo:

Just install racemenu, FFS. It gives you a lot more control over your characters appearance, and you only have to see it once.

Gyshall posted:

What are the best Hearthfire-or-better quality home mods out there? Preferably with no lovely voice acting.

Fyr Manor. It does have one voice acted character, but it's very well voiced and a drat fine home at that.

Oh please, he can't expect us to believe he's every carried a child with that figure. :rolleyes:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 31, 2014

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Feel like firing up Skyrim again, can someone recommend mods that deal with my packrat behavior:

Something that lets me dump my excess items somewhere/with someone so they'll get sold off automatically and I can pick up money later. I always wish I could strike a deal with the Khajiit caravan so they can sell my stuff for me.

Something that organizes containers way better, even Oblivion sorted items far better than this game.

Edit: vv thanks! I noticed the mod for fixing my second problem in the OP too.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 31, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

davidspackage posted:

Feel like firing up Skyrim again, can someone recommend mods that deal with my packrat behavior:

Something that lets me dump my excess items somewhere/with someone so they'll get sold off automatically and I can pick up money later. I always wish I could strike a deal with the Khajiit caravan so they can sell my stuff for me.

Something that organizes containers way better, even Oblivion sorted items far better than this game.

In the SPERG Speech tree, there's a perk called Animal Friend, which gives you a pet. You can give your excess items to it and tell it to sell them.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

davidspackage posted:

For containers, I would try either General Stores with its companion mod Craftable Cloud Storage for quick and easy storage and sorting, or Arod's Better Containers for a more fine-tuned, customizable option. There are a few nice house mods that include General Stores for storage, as well.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

I know this is a fantasy game and all, but that "stabilizer" and sight are both stupid as hell. The basic bow looks really nice, though.

davidspackage posted:

The best Auto Sorting I've ever seen is in Amethyst Hollows Dreamworld. It actually gives you a spell which acts as a container that transfers everything you put in it it into containers in the Dreamworld home. The home has two containers for each item type that actually share the same "pool" of items, one is somewhere appropriate in the house (ingot and hide container in armory, for example) and then there's a closet with every container for quick access. This doesn't help you sell them at all but it makes getting rid of poo poo on the road easier. It's a shame no one adapted it for general use.

Edit: Looks like Arods Better Containers does this! Nevermind! drat this is what I've been looking for. Thanks!

How do you configure MO's LOOT to have custom rules? I need Dance of Death to load after Combate Drama Overhaul.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 31, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm getting a repeatable crash when fast traveling to the stables outside of Riften, or even just leaving Riften.

Is there a log where I can see what is going on?

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

This is just a wild-rear end guess but it looks like theres a character in between "Iron" and "Arrow" that would appear as a space in most windows fonts but shows up as one of those squares in the Skyrim font. If you're sure there's not an issue with Skyrim itself, maybe there's an issue with your strings files?

It also might be an issue if somebody got the ASCII/Unicode/Whatever-the-gently caress messed up when changing a name in a mod, but the fact that you had something wrong with another in-game name leads me to believe that it might be something more all-encompassing. Whats your load or
I should have taken the Form ID when I took that screenshot, because now it's not happening and I don't know if it just spontaneously fixed itself or I'm looking at the wrong *type* of Iron Arrow. It looks fine in my inventory, dropped on the ground, and fired into things. Except that last one doesn't show damage/weight/value, although the one in the screenshot was fired at me too, so I don't even know. I'd check the strings file, but there are several and all in BSAs that I can't be bothered to extract.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gyshall posted:

I'm getting a repeatable crash when fast traveling to the stables outside of Riften, or even just leaving Riften.

Is there a log where I can see what is going on?

Disable all mods, see if crash persists. If yes, your savegame is most likely hosed, if no:
Enable mods one by one until you find the one that's crashing. Either figure out why its crashing or delete it.

Alt: Maybe using too much memory, the Rift is notorious for memory usage.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Scyantific posted:

How can you play with that level of saturation/contrast? :stare:

Here's an example of how my game looks for comparison:

The brightness in ENB keeps reverting to a higher value. I can't get imaginator to work except for ONE time where I was able to change it so my brightness was a lot lower but that screenshot is kind of misleading because it isn't always that oversatured, it was a particularly bright area and I just loaded the game so brightness was back to 1.

When I get imaginator working it looks like this (notice the normal colors :P)

It was weird, it didn't work it didn't work and then I Cranked up a bunch of settings and closed out and came back and all of a sudden my brightness was super intense. Is there any particular reason why Imaginator isn't working that anyone could think of? Also why can't I use ELFX with SMIM meshes? These are the most two annoying things about the game for me. It looks insanely good and doesn't crash and I'm actually hving fun for the first time in years in Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Meowbot posted:

The brightness in ENB keeps reverting to a higher value. I can't get imaginator to work except for ONE time where I was able to change it so my brightness was a lot lower but that screenshot is kind of misleading because it isn't always that oversatured, it was a particularly bright area and I just loaded the game so brightness was back to 1.

When I get imaginator working it looks like this (notice the normal colors :P)

It was weird, it didn't work it didn't work and then I Cranked up a bunch of settings and closed out and came back and all of a sudden my brightness was super intense. Is there any particular reason why Imaginator isn't working that anyone could think of? Also why can't I use ELFX with SMIM meshes? These are the most two annoying things about the game for me. It looks insanely good and doesn't crash and I'm actually hving fun for the first time in years in Skyrim.

Something is wrong with your Realvision install then. What graphics card are you using?

As for the SMIM/ELFX problem there should be a how-to on making sure they're compatible in either the SMIM page or the ELFX page. Though, the SMIM meshes for ELFX *might* be outdated a bit.

• Locked thread