Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Cake Attack posted:

Post anime swordsmen you'd like to be in smash itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cake Attack posted:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I want to play as a blue-haired anime sword, man.

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 30, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Excels posted:

It would make the game unfair and you know how Smash people get about fairness.

(if you pause during a tourney match (even accidentally), you have to immediately kill yourself, as an example)

If you pause during many fighting games you forfeit the match to the point where some people have sticks where you can turn off the start button

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's the best way to start a new page.

Also I love how "anime swordsman" is a complaint. What other kinds of swordsman are you expecting in this giant crossover of Japanese titles? Of course they're gonna be anime. And swords are awesome and better than more punches, there's a whole lot of punches already, even more than swords ya know.

And above all else, to complain about Shulk being just another anime swordsman you have to be willfully denying everything you saw in the reveal trailer today. He can see the future and switch between five different modes. That's hella different from anyone else in the cast. Shulk owns and anyone says differently is just trying to show how cool they are for hating on animes. :colbert:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

What anime swordsmen would you guys like to see in Smash? Personally I'd like to see Guts from Berserk in smash.

His arm cannon could be a projectile and his final smash could be the Berserker armor. Also we could have Forces as BGM and The Eclipse as a stage.

the most man with the most swords from the most anime

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

codenameFANGIO posted:

I want to play as a blue-haired anime sword, man.

I hate you.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

the most man with the most swords from the most anime

Cake Attack posted:

What anime swordsmen would you guys like to see in Smash? Personally I'd like to see Guts from Berserk in smash.

RareAcumen posted:

everytime people complain about anime swordsmen I want another anime swordsman added. Throw Guts and Samurai Jack in. Let's have Roronoa Zoro fighting Marth, Link, and Meta Knight.

and then throw in more characters that no one expected or wanted. Anime King Arthur, Anime William Wallace, an Anime Black Knight, Anime Oda nobunaga, add Mugen and Jin from Samurai Champloo

On a happier note, this is gonna be the hottest Smash Bros yet!

:heysexy:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Poking in here for a reminder that Sakurai's only restriction on characters being in Smash is "nobody who originated in anime/manga".

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Excels posted:

Keep in mind also they have to fit all this crap into a 2.1 GB cartridge. It's sort of incredible how much they already fit in there.

Now that you mention it, that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. From what I understand, a 2.1GB game would still be shipping on a 4GB cart, so I don't get why they wouldn't fill that extra space with music or whatever else they have lying around.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Cake Attack posted:

Well technically, he is in Smash. :(

Also, the Duck Hunt Dog trailer needs to start with Mewtwo fighting Ridley, but then it turns out Mewtwo came from a Master Ball and Ridley an Assist Trophy. Then a figure emerges from the shadows and looks at the camera.

"Hehehehehehe" :laugh:

Duck Hunt Dog joins the hunt.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
i would like ridley to be my smash brous anime swordhair four wii u and 3ds to be ridley

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want to see Robin Kirby and Shulk Kirby next to each other.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I wonder how Ridley's boss status is going to work anyways. We already know that when the Yellow Devil is defeated he explodes taking out anyone nearby that isn't the shot that killed him.

So what is Ridley going to do when you defeat him? It's going to be super lame if all of the bosses just explode, so I don't see that happening.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Crawfish posted:

So what is Ridley going to do when you defeat him? It's going to be super lame if all of the bosses just explode, so I don't see that happening.

Generally, playable characters will respawn with one less stock when KO'd, and I don't expect Ridley to be any different.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oooh, speaking of, will Shulkirby get the Monado buffs?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Crawfish posted:

I wonder how Ridley's boss status is going to work anyways. We already know that when the Yellow Devil is defeated he explodes taking out anyone nearby that isn't the shot that killed him.

I could see him exploding too, honestly. But if the bosses all go out differently, he'll probably do some kind of big blast or laser at the stage and then run off for a while. Overall the same concept and result, most likely, just a different visual effect.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Scholtz posted:

Oooh, speaking of, will Shulkirby get the Monado buffs?

The only time I can think of Kirby getting a not-neutral B move from a character is his Project: M ability from Lucas, so probably yeah.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Put every JoJos character in

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Put every JoJos character in

Waluigi was deconfirmed ages ago.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Waluigi was deconfirmed ages ago.

やれやれだぜ...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I know the Final Five thing is a bit out there, but what would everyone's ideal Final Five be?

I love the idea of Sami with Snake's moves, I'd like to see Professor Layton in there because we know he is drat good with a sword (but not another swordsman oh noooo), Neku Sakuraba would be amazing with all his different pins (and a gigantic Tin Pin Slammer Final Smash where he just flings a bunch of tin pins around that KO whoever they hit), and then Bayonetta and Waluigi to round it out.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Echo Chamber posted:

Also, the Duck Hunt Dog trailer needs to start with Mewtwo fighting Ridley, but then it turns out Mewtwo came from a Master Ball and Ridley an Assist Trophy. Then a figure emerges from the shadows and looks at the camera.

"Hehehehehehe" :laugh:

Duck Hunt Dog joins the hunt.

Related, but I want an Assist Trophy that's Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers. Yes, all of them at once.

They turn up, and have their own fight. With blackjack, and hookers.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
For the Final Five, all I want is Wonder Red, they can fill the other four up with Dr.Luigi, Pichu, Young Link, and Zero Suit Wario for all I care.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'd love to have Neku because there's a shitton of potential variety there, like Palutena and Megaman combined, plus a potential Ice Climbers-esque setup with your partner under control of the AI (Neutral B performs a combination attack, changing your Neutral B changes which partner's with you. Final Smash is Lv. 3 fusion ofc)

Or Tin Pin Slammers, can't go wrong with Tin Pin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davinci posted:

For the Final Five, all I want is Wonder Red, they can fill the other four up with Dr.Luigi, Pichu, Young Link, and Zero Suit Wario for all I care.

Wonder Red was already shown as a non-playable trophy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Seriously though, what was with that Tin Pin Slammer looking minigame?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sorry to keep bringing this up but oh my god. Thank you, you lovely person. The largeness of this gif will haunt me.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Wonder Red was already shown as a non-playable trophy.

He's been shown as "a trophy", no comment was made as to whether he was playable or not.

And for the record I don't expect him to be playable,I just really want him to be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davinci posted:

He's been shown as "a trophy", no comment was made as to whether he was playable or not.

And for the record I don't expect him to be playable,I just really want him to be.

They don't show character trophies unless they're not playable. They even joked about this with the Fake Palutania trophy in the one Direct. Dude ain't in, straight up confirmed.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I actually really wanted to be able to play as Rayman, he's totally in my bullshit-fantasy-final-five.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, Klonoa, that subrosian you have a date with in Oracle of Seasons, Cat Toad, Raiden (Both Metal Gear and Mortal Kombat), and Yellow Thirteen from Ace Combat are all in my Fantasy Smash League.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wonder Red, Dixie, Beat [Pins and Neku can take a break, shredding on people's face is way more interesting], Toon Ganon, and Captain Tetra.

ImpAtom posted:

They don't show character trophies unless they're not playable. They even joked about this with the Fake Palutania trophy in the one Direct. Dude ain't in, straight up confirmed.

I think you missed the post where this is just a 'Who would you want the last five characters to be?' hypothetical thing. No one is actually expecting Guts or Yuri Lowell in the game.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RareAcumen posted:

Beat [Pins and Neku can take a break, shredding on people's face is way more interesting]

Nah, gimme the Tin Pin Slammer kids as an Ice-Climber type fighter.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Sho Minamimoto is already in the game, but to unlock him you have to construct a throne out of Amiibos.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Seshoho Cian posted:

Sho Minamimoto is already in the game, but to unlock him you have to construct a throne out of Amiibos.

SHO MINAMIMOTO
DROPS THE FREAKING MOON

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The thing that bothers me about the Fire Emblem characters is in Fire Emblem there are a ton of character types. Sword, Spear, Axe, Magic, and Archery. Yet in three games and five or six characters from the series there has only ever been sword guys, with one of them being half a magic guy.

How about Lyn as a spear fighter, or someone as an Axe fighter?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I pre-ordered a Mario and Link Amiibo because why not? Could be fun to see how they work and if they're dumb I have neat desk decorations for work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gay skull posted:

If that's your core cast for Smash, honestly, you'd probably enjoy Soul Calibur a lot more :shobon:
I care about those characters because of the games they come from and the characters that they actually are, not because they're dudes with swords.

greatn posted:

The thing that bothers me about the Fire Emblem characters is in Fire Emblem there are a ton of character types. Sword, Spear, Axe, Magic, and Archery. Yet in three games and five or six characters from the series there has only ever been sword guys, with one of them being half a magic guy.

How about Lyn as a spear fighter, or someone as an Axe fighter?
We've gone over this. All the main characters are sword fighters, so they're the ones that get represented. Of the non-sword main characters, none of them are relevant. And Robin is a mixed magic/sword character.

And Lyn doesn't even use a spear? She uses swords. She uses a more Chinese-style sword than the rapiers and claymores everyone else is swinging around, but it's still a sword.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I want the next Fire Emblem character to be a cleric, and for them to have exactly the same capabilities for fighting as they would in game.

• Locked thread