Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Captain Swing posted:

Threep gave me something. How did he know that I love balls?

Captain Swing posted:

My doors are always open for Fart of Presto.

Fart of Presto posted:

Don't ever stop doing these!

In other news, I just met Stephen Heck in AP. Charming fellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

lol if you think Bully is anything other than complete garbage

Bully owns, Saint's Row also owns... but Sleeping Dogs is the bestest.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

lol if you think Bully is anything other than complete garbage

_plays_ like garbage. The setting, characterizations and overall game was a standout on the PS2, but it managed to get one of the worst ports I've ever played, and I've completed SR2 on the PC.

Seriously, the halloween missions didn't last long enough.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

It always takes me at least four shotgun shells point blank to kill a single lovely little rat thing. I remember the quad shotgun you get in LL near the swamp being especially crap at fending them off.

I had a revolver or double/quad-barrel shotgun on me for nearly the entire first game I played, on Normal. They seemed fine to me. My problem was the quad shotgun was going through my shotgun ammo too fast because I was using it on everything.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

You know this game really looks like a high budget version of Bound By Flame, which I loved (if only for the amazing soundtrack).

They've shown off the combat and it, unlike Bound By Flame, is actually pretty good. They're shooting for "Dark Souls 2.0" with LotF, but I doubt they'll reach it.

Stop responding to virtualboycolor, goddamn.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
So apparently Steam has very limited emoji support

E: This is, of course, completely useless information. 🆒

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 29, 2014

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So if I want to get one of the call of duty's that are on sale right now am I better off getting MW2 or MW3 if I want to play multiplayer with a friend?

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

ColoradoCleric posted:

So if I want to get one of the call of duty's that are on sale right now am I better off getting MW2 or MW3 if I want to play multiplayer with a friend?

last time i played mw3 (late last year) there was hardly anyone online. most playlists were empty save for team deathmatch and domination, and on top of that the playerbase was split even further thanks to all the dlc packs. i'm not sure you'd be able to find any full games to actually play with your friend at this point, and mw2 is probably even worse

mw3 does have some decent co-op content though, with all the spec ops missions and the survival mode which you can play on every multiplayer map (theres about 15 or so that ship with the game). mw2 just has spec ops missions and no survival mode, but theres a decent amount of them. i suggest looking up some gameplay videos of them on youtube and seeing if it appeals to you

also mw3 has face-off mode which is smaller maps designed for 1v1 and 2v2 that you might enjoy with your friend, but most maps for that mode are dlc you need to buy

call of duty world at war has co-op campaign iirc and also has zombies mode. black ops 1 and 2 also have zombie modes too

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Organs posted:

last time i played mw3 (late last year) there was hardly anyone online. most playlists were empty save for team deathmatch and domination, and on top of that the playerbase was split even further thanks to all the dlc packs. i'm not sure you'd be able to find any full games to actually play with your friend at this point, and mw2 is probably even worse

mw3 does have some decent co-op content though, with all the spec ops missions and the survival mode which you can play on every multiplayer map (theres about 15 or so that ship with the game). mw2 just has spec ops missions and no survival mode, but theres a decent amount of them. i suggest looking up some gameplay videos of them on youtube and seeing if it appeals to you

also mw3 has face-off mode which is smaller maps designed for 1v1 and 2v2 that you might enjoy with your friend, but most maps for that mode are dlc you need to buy

call of duty world at war has co-op campaign iirc and also has zombies mode. black ops 1 and 2 also have zombie modes too

just bought MW2 for myself and now I get automatically connected to a zombie mod server just trying to play team deathmatch, sweet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ColoradoCleric posted:

just bought MW2 for myself and now I get automatically connected to a zombie mod server just trying to play team deathmatch, sweet

My favorite mw2 memory was a bunch of kids having a 'clan meeting' in a room, in game. They insisted that no one disturb the clan meeting. And that's how I got my first multi-kill.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Acquire Currency! posted:

My favorite mw2 memory was a bunch of kids having a 'clan meeting' in a room, in game. They insisted that no one disturb the clan meeting. And that's how I got my first multi-kill.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Super Meat Boy quasi-sequel announced for Steam and iOS: Super Meat Boy Forever

Are there any masochists left to play this sort of game

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Quest For Glory II posted:

Heck yea :black101:

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I might if the emboldened Flash linework on everything wasn't repelling me to the very core.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So what will come out first, Mewgenics or the Meat Boy runner?

EDIT: Or Isaac Rebirth?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I might if the emboldened Flash linework on everything wasn't repelling me to the very core.

:high5: :hfive: I never get that smilie right dammit

I wasn't super good at Super Meat Boy, but I was pretty good and this game doesn't interest me at all due to the outlines. I had to turn that poo poo off in Borderlands 2, at which point the game became 100% more fun and I put a ton of hours into it.

edit: I hate it because it makes everything look BOLDED like shouting at my eyeballs

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 30, 2014

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Orv posted:

They've shown off the combat and it, unlike Bound By Flame, is actually pretty good. They're shooting for "Dark Souls 2.0" with LotF, but I doubt they'll reach it.

Stop responding to virtualboycolor, goddamn.

I am wary of the Dark Souls 2 killer hype, but having a combat like Bound by Flame would be the worst thing as it's the complete opposite in complexity. BBF was crap, a solid game should at least have interesting gameplay or interesting story, the game had neither, it was like the essence of generic fantasy.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

therealjon_ posted:

Isaac then Meat Boy then Mewgenics would be my guess.

That's assuming Mewgenics actually comes out and doesn't suffer from feature creep until its canceled.

Orv
May 4, 2011

lordfrikk posted:

I am wary of the Dark Souls 2 killer hype, but having a combat like Bound by Flame would be the worst thing as it's the complete opposite in complexity. BBF was crap, a solid game should at least have interesting gameplay or interesting story, the game had neither, it was like the essence of generic fantasy.

That trailer spouts out some fairly standard "This dude is bad, now he has to fight badder dudes!" fantasy stuff, so I don't think the story will be overly interesting. The combat is nothing like BBF though.

lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?
Looking for a game recommendation. I'm sick and couch-bound, need some sort of vaguely Gauntlet-style game that supports controller and hopefully involves blowing up lots of baddies, in return for loot/XP.

I say 'Gauntlet-style' because I'm also including things like Sacred Citadel, Castle Crashers, Borderlands (all of which I'm done with), and so on. Single-player only is fine, but a buddy of mine is keen on the actual Gauntlet game coming out soon, so anything multi would also be appreciated.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

you'd probably love nuclear throne but its an early access game. not sure if they've added in coop yet but if they have it'll be local coop only

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Hammerwatch is pretty much Gauntlet, assuming you mean the original 2D sort of Gauntlet.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Meat Boy is fun as hell man. The instant restarts on death do help a bunch.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Kind of?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2acCEHDt54

Not really a fan of the aesthetic they're showing for the new stuff. Hopefully they make another good platformer, though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

lechunnel posted:

Looking for a game recommendation. I'm sick and couch-bound, need some sort of vaguely Gauntlet-style game that supports controller and hopefully involves blowing up lots of baddies, in return for loot/XP.

I say 'Gauntlet-style' because I'm also including things like Sacred Citadel, Castle Crashers, Borderlands (all of which I'm done with), and so on. Single-player only is fine, but a buddy of mine is keen on the actual Gauntlet game coming out soon, so anything multi would also be appreciated.

Seconding Hammerwatch.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Legend of Grimrock https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Nv5edcyACtDhzuBy

Orcs must die 2 https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=m43aFM7NE2d2PW6X

Both cool games, you should play them.

e: done. It makes me happy when goons benefit.

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 30, 2014

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Thanks for this!

Paying it forward, here is Dead Space for someone:

YLYPR-XBV6N-HRM7M

Stupendous Man
Jan 10, 2008
Defender of Freedom! Advocate of Liberty!

Got this one. Thanks!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Mewgenics is on hold while they work on a different game.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

106% krew :whatup:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Xtanstic posted:

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Mewgenics is on hold while they work on a different game.

Yep. The feature creep was too much and they're working on Super Meat Boy Forever now. It took a few years and they really didn't have much of Mewgenics to show off after all that time to be honest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So I finally played Bioshock and it was a lot of fun and I really dug the art deco look, and I dug the ending (apparently I got the "good" ending, which is nice). The twist seemed fairly obvious coming up, but maybe that was because I explored and listened to so many of the tapes left lying around, and also because I vaguely knew there was A twist that was supposed to come up at some point.

On to Bioshock 2 I guess, though I recall hearing it is pretty bad in comparison.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Make sure you play the DLC for Bioshock 2.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

So I finally played Bioshock and it was a lot of fun and I really dug the art deco look, and I dug the ending (apparently I got the "good" ending, which is nice). The twist seemed fairly obvious coming up, but maybe that was because I explored and listened to so many of the tapes left lying around, and also because I vaguely knew there was A twist that was supposed to come up at some point.

On to Bioshock 2 I guess, though I recall hearing it is pretty bad in comparison.

It's actually better if you aren't a retard who needs some completely different setting or whatever people complained about.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Finished Hitman Absolution. The cool moments in that game are outweighed by the majority of poo poo moments. I can't even imagine people playing this on harder difficulties and having any fun whatsoever.

Releasing a whale skeleton on top of someone is fun though.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ColoradoCleric posted:

I get the feeling (and it's probably backed up by steam's stats) that BLOPS2 might be better with MP. I think people say it's more balanced than Ghosts and on PC, BLOPS2 has dedicated server support, iirc, so it'll be less of a P2P feeling and more of what a typical multiplayer shooter PC experience will probably feel like.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Jerusalem posted:

BS2 definitely has some clumsiness to it, in particular the way it sets up its story (it comes off like bad fanfic at points), and how it awkwardly carries over legacy mechanics without thinking them through (much like in Infinite, the inexplicable looting containers to shove food into your face thing). But that said, the actual core gameplay is improved in basically all ways and even if it sometimes strays a bit too far away from the feel of the first game, the map design is still really solid and overall more consistent.

I liked both games roughly equally. They both do some things right and some things wrong. :shobon:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Bioshock 2 is hands down the best of the three. It's a better shooter with better NPCs and a better plot and better character motivations and better levels and a way better use of Rapture as a setting than Bioshock 1. Minerva's Den is great, too.

Sober posted:

I get the feeling (and it's probably backed up by steam's stats) that BLOPS2 might be better with MP. I think people say it's more balanced than Ghosts and on PC, BLOPS2 has dedicated server support, iirc, so it'll be less of a P2P feeling and more of what a typical multiplayer shooter PC experience will probably feel like.

BlOps 2 is also the second to latest CoD game. CoD games retain their population for about a year and half, normally - you'll get a handful who dont' move on to the newest game for a few months but otherwise the bulk of the population migrates to the latest annual release. MW3 is dead, MW2 still has a few hundred people stubbornly sticking it out (because they love P2P and atrocious balance I guess), BlOps 1 and 2 got a population influx as a result of Ghosts being badly received. BlOps 2 still has about 2000 people online at peak hour in Europe, so it's still pretty easy to get into a softcore TDM game. Unfortunately, the population of the other playlists is so low that it's basically impossible to get into anything but TDM.

Honestly, if anyone wants a CoD game, they should wait until the newest one comes out and see if it's well received, then buy that. That's the only way to not be sinking money into something with a dying population.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 30, 2014

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any recommendations for games that rock with an Xbox360 controller? Preferably less than 2gig, and not Rayman or Ducktales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

BurgerQuest posted:

Any recommendations for games that rock with an Xbox360 controller? Preferably less than 2gig, and not Rayman or Ducktales.

Escape Goat / 2?

• Locked thread