Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope everyone is still racing tomorrow, just finished a set with a friend and found out there's apparently people playin in the goon lobby :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Crawfish posted:

If Link can fit in, Other M Samus could easily fit in too.

But then everyone would bitch about it, because the negativity towards the plot and some of the character design overrides everything about that game apparently.

You're right, the reaction to the bad plot and character design totally overshadows the bad combat, bad level design and bad controls

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Spectacle Rock posted:

Link needs a "horse" type kart.

King of Red Lions kart...

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000
I bought MK8 when it launched, and got it for like $11 off through Amazon. Then I got the free game to go with it. The free game got me a bunch of Club Nintendo coins and DDP points. The Club Nintendo coins put me over the edge to get a free game through Club Nintendo. The free game also got me DDP and Club Nintendo coins. Those CN coins put me into Gold status for the year. That got me another free game. That free game put me over the edge for another DDP rebate, of which I now have $10. I will apply that to the DLC, which will then cost me $2.

Hot drat. MK8, three extra games, and all the DLC for like $51. Sometimes I'm glad Nintendo is poo poo at the internet and doesn't know how to put restrictions on promotions like this. Hell, the DLC will probably even end up getting me some DDP points, too.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I decided to try going for the gold kart and I thought you only had to get one star on the Mirror cups, but then it didn't unlock. Guess I have to do the 150 too, that's not going to be fun...

I've done all of 150cc but doing mirror is killing me. I'm just loving awful at the special cup and the leaf cup, I always crash out on the desert or on Rainbow Road or fall off on Melody Motorway. It's weird because I three starred the lightning cup on Mirror and 150cc straight away with no retries.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Huh, for whatever reason, with the new update, videos now start listing your karts parts in the Youtube tags.

You know, if you ever want all the videos with the Slim Tires.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Champeenship posted:

You know, if you ever want all the videos with the Slim Tires.

ty based nintendo

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

You're right, the reaction to the bad plot and character design totally overshadows the bad combat, bad level design and bad controls
I'm sorry that I can't hate a suit design just because there is a bad game behind it.

As much as I loved the Prime Series, Tank Samus was far too slow and heavy for my liking.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Crawfish posted:

I'm sorry that I can't hate a suit design just because there is a bad game behind it.

As much as I loved the Prime Series, Tank Samus was far too slow and heavy for my liking.

Sorry but Prime Samus is best Samus, both for being the best game and for being a gigantic truck

Edit: Although Light Suit is very good and cool but we're only getting fake light suit D:<

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Please, God, no, not a Metroid derail in this thread too.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

SO THAT ANIMAL CROSSING DLC HUH, ISN'T THAT A BEAUT. AND LIKE A GENERATION AWAY. SO LONG TO WAIT.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I wonder what the "favorites" in the stats are based on. It says my favorite course is Toad Harbor for some reason, despite never picking it as an option in online play. I'm guessing it's based on time trials, but it's really weird that they equate "favorite" with "played a bunch of times trying to beat the staff ghost."

Got my gold kart today though, used it in online with black Yoshi a bit. 7000 more coins until gold glider!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope there's a track where we ride on Ridley, since he's so big.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I wonder what Link's sound effects are going to be. I'm hoping it's still just mostly non-descript grunting, especially during win celebrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Lemming posted:

I wonder what Link's sound effects are going to be. I'm hoping it's still just mostly non-descript grunting, especially during win celebrations.

There's only one answer.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lemming posted:

"Well excuuuuuuuse me princess"

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My uncle who works for Nintendo told me that Link's victory sound is just Navi's "Hey!" looping rapidly.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Crawfish posted:

If Link can fit in, Other M Samus could easily fit in too.

But then everyone would bitch about it, because the negativity towards the plot and some of the character design overrides everything about that game apparently. I'm still expecting a huge, clunky 8 bit Excitebike. Especially with the new sword Hyrule is getting with its next update.

:frog:

Holy poo poo, I need to learn to get good at bikes before the dlc drops just in case this turns out to be true.

Please Nintendo, I need an Excitebike

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Jibo posted:

My uncle who works for Nintendo told me that Link's victory sound is just Navi's "Hey!" looping rapidly.
I really hope the Navi "Hey!" or "Hey, listen!" is his horn. I want to chase people around the track just blaring that at them constantly, dodging the item boxes as I go.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Bread Set Jettison posted:

"Well excuuuuuuuse me pink gold baby princess"

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Lunatic Sledge posted:

"Well excuuuuuuuse me pink gold baby cat princess"

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

"Well excuuuuuuuse me princess"

no that's his horn

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I wonder what the "favorites" in the stats are based on. It says my favorite course is Toad Harbor for some reason, despite never picking it as an option in online play. I'm guessing it's based on time trials, but it's really weird that they equate "favorite" with "played a bunch of times trying to beat the staff ghost."

I show that we've won 53 races and lost 65. I know I've played more than 118 races and it never seems to go up or down!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, I think it's slightly bugged in some ways, since I spent a night doing Battle mode online and it says i've lost 8 balloons and popped 0. WELL under what I did that night for both.

Also the win and loss numbers are counting how many opponents you won and lost to, not the races them selves, so it's likely recorded well under 118 races for you.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Tonight as I played online I came to a very clear and very sad conclusion.

Everybody hates Shy Guy Falls. Why does everybody hate Shy Guy Falls? :( There was one time it was a choice between that, Sherbet Land, and Dry Dry Desert, and everybody picked everything BUT Shy Guy Falls except me. And it wasn't "Maybe they had just done that track a bit before you came in" because I had been in the room for about an hour with those people. And no matter where I went, regional or worldwide, almost nobody picked Shy Guy Falls when it came up.

Electrodrome is still a super popular track though, almost everybody picks it whenever it's a choice.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's not my favourite track but it's not bad either. And the music rocks. So yeah why would anyone hate it :(

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Everytime bowser's castle comes up and we end up playing some poo poo like dry dry desert I want to throw my console out the window

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So we're at Mario Kart 2.0 and there's still no options menu? Having to pause at the beginning of races to switch from motion controls to D-Pad is dumb.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Little Mac posted:

So we're at Mario Kart 2.0 and there's still no options menu? Having to pause at the beginning of races to switch from motion controls to D-Pad is dumb.

Switching to motion controls is dumb

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Everybody hates Shy Guy Falls. Why does everybody hate Shy Guy Falls? :( There was one time it was a choice between that, Sherbet Land, and Dry Dry Desert, and everybody picked everything BUT Shy Guy Falls except me.

I don't like Shy Guy Falls either, but I'd pick it a million times before selecting Dry Dry Desert.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
With them adding in Link, do you think there's much point in Nintendo holding off on making a Nintendo Kart instead of just Mario Kart?

It seems like we could get a ton of creative new levels and characters if they were opened up beyond the Mario universe.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just give me kirby goddammit.

Kirby and Dedede DLC that's all I ask. I'd gladly trade Link for those two.

Hell just make all of Kirby's trick animations a reskin of Shy Guy's and I'd be down for it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kirby and DeDeDeLC that's all I ask.

Fixed and seconded.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raserys posted:

Please, God, no, not a Metroid derail in this thread too.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Suspicious Cook posted:

I don't like Shy Guy Falls either, but I'd pick it a million times before selecting Dry Dry Desert.

I don't know why Nintendo insists on a new desert track in every Mario Kart when they're usually the most boring tracks.

Also every vote with Moo Moo Meadows in it seems rigged towards that track, especially when it's at the expense of the Star Cup courses. I never want to play it again :mad:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Moo Moo Meadows has some kind of bug that makes the randomizer stop on it more times then it should. I've been in a group of 7 people and 1 person kept picking it to gently caress with us and it always landed on it.

For 3 cups in a loving row.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kirby and Dedede DLC that's all I ask.

Yes please and also add all three Wheelie bikes from Kirby's Air Ride. :getin:

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Manoueverable posted:

I don't know why Nintendo insists on a new desert track in every Mario Kart when they're usually the most boring tracks.

Also every vote with Moo Moo Meadows in it seems rigged towards that track, especially when it's at the expense of the Star Cup courses. I never want to play it again :mad:
Hey now, Bone Dry Dunes (the new one in this one) is absolutely fantastic and may very well be my favourite track in the entire game :colbert:
I also don't mind Moo Moo Meadows all that much. Dry Dry Desert can go die in a ditch for all I care, though.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
A good desert track would be one that takes place on a train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I like Moo Moo Meadows because the music is great

• Locked thread