Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Gamer+ manchild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im gay+

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
this is staggeringly loving retarded

it's not even funny, it's too mindblowingly stupid

you decided that "gamer" was representative of wrongthought so to fix this.. you.. took the same loving word and tossed a plus sign on the loving end of it

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Madcosby+

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
I'm GAME positive :(

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i'm Gamer#, object oriented gamer

also lol if u think this is real

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Announcing to the world that it is no longer allowed to use a nondescript inoffensive word because Team Zoe Quinn says so will go over great

Sadly I guess a bunch of people who doesn't know what the gently caress is going on and doesn't visit tumblr will eat it up.
And "Gamer culture" is retarded anyway, even if you force change the word gamer it won't matter a bit. "Gamer" and "Nerd" culture is for tards. BASINGA!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait. poo poo is about to go nuclear. If they thought things were hateful before, sweet Jesus this is gonna be awesome.

#ProGamer

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i mean it could be real but it is so staggeringly, mind-bogglingly stupid that i wont feel dumb if i think its fake and its not

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Jonad posted:

i mean it could be real but it is so staggeringly, mind-bogglingly stupid that i wont feel dumb if i think its fake and its not

yeah, it is almost too good to be true, like Phil Fish going to jail or advertisers coming down hard on gaming sites.

don't play with my heart gaming drama

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

"I beat the Gamers and will move on to my next challenge: New Gamer+" -Zoe 'Cuckmaster General' Quinn

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
HIV+

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Japanese Phone Box posted:

Sadly I guess a bunch of people who doesn't know what the gently caress is going on and doesn't visit tumblr will eat it up.
And "Gamer culture" is retarded anyway, even if you force change the word gamer it won't matter a bit. "Gamer" and "Nerd" culture is for tards. BASINGA!!!

Nobody's going to "eat it up" besides tumblrs and echo chamber indie/journalist circles. Everyone else is going to just think "That's loving stupid, I thought I called myself a gamer because I play a poo poo ton of games".

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They're going to poz that neg gamer rear end.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

new proposed term possibilities:

Gaymer
"Electronic Hobbyist"
True Gamerz
Team Cucket
Gamer+ Premium Account
Joystickler
Games Activist
Twisty

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
If the ultimate objective of the tone deaf video games press is to keep this poo poo show going for as long as possible then they are doing a good job!

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
but we are all already gaymers

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Gamer+.

This thread just became Thread+.

If they make this an actual push it will be so beautiful.

Is it "Gamer Plus," or is it "Gamer Positive" As an attempt to keep things positive?

If there is actual holding hands... I really hope there is holding hands and a chant.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

A rose by any other name would still threaten to gently caress my mom.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i thought this dumb thread got gassed, was i just stoned and getting visions of a better world??

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

#ProGamer

:getin:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oh my god it's happening

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Is it "Gamer Plus," or is it "Gamer Positive" As an attempt to keep things positive?

It's akin to HIV+ because it refers specifically to the people that Zoe Quinn infected

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, gaymer is already a "thing" for gay gamers. I hope this gamer+ poo poo is real, and I hope it causes advertisers to sever.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
how bout fagmer

edit: no, cuckmer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I can already see the next stage of Twitter wars, and it is beautiful. I love the smell of hashtags in the morning.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
'Merman, 'Mermaid

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

oh my god it's happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zJxKEqAk

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
GamePoz is a real thing, its gonna happen guys.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

oh my god it's happening

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
how self-important can they get? :psyduck:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yeah, gaymer is already a "thing" for gay gamers. I hope this gamer+ poo poo is real, and I hope it causes advertisers to sever.

Gaymer+

Please try to not be such a gay bigot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mordja posted:

How much time you got?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

So, the response to their audience abandoning them in droves is to just create a new audience? I mean, I get it, it's a terrible word claimed by terrible people, but the answer to that problem isn't to create a new label, it's to abandon labels. But that can't solve their audience problem because their entire source of income knows only demographics and sectioning, and alienates the awful lumpmen who are their core audience even if they wish they weren't.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
the + denotes their clothes size

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Gaymer+

Please try to not be such a gassy bigot.

But...gaymer poz is really confusing im sure you understand :ohdear:

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Mordja posted:

The other day they tried to start a "games blackout day" petition where Steam libraries would all be disabled to punish the gaming community

(seriously)

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
this thing is hilarious because its irrelevant that young white men are no longer the biggest audience for video games while theyre still the primary audience of these gaming journalism sites. kotaku can declare "gamer culture" to be dead because the most popular game is candy crush or whatever but thats not going to start making middle-aged women read their site.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

XMNN posted:

this thing is hilarious because its irrelevant that young white men are no longer the biggest audience for video games

What?

Which audience is bigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

oh my god it's happening

is anybody surprised that the new puritans want to burn ppl?

• Locked thread