Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Remember, whoever has the golden fruit can remake the world any way they please. That might include rewinding time, for all anyone knows. Recreating the world as it used to be without any time fuckery wouldn't account for the overlords, as it would be a bit silly for an endless stream of alternate Helheims to keep invading the same world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I'm thinking some extra-dimensional poo poo happens and Mai IS !Mai, were just seeing how she got there in the first place. Especially since she's in a hospital bed in the preview, and !Mai always got this look of sadness when anyone she talked to just continued on (because her friends were doing the same thing over again). Still hoping Micchy dies, whatever the deal is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
From a story-clarity point of view, Helheim!Mai looking exactly like Mai has to be either a red herring for some other earth-shattering revelation, or foreshadowing for Mai's fate. I trust Urobochi enough to know that his attention to detail wouldn't just skip or miss an obvious conclusion like "Is the Mai?", nor leave it unaddressed.

I guess what I'm saying is that I expect better of Urobochi than "oh, by the way, not-Mai was the queen who looked like Mai for some reason" to be the end of it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is kind of funny how Mai being from a long line of priestesses who attended to a non-invasive helheim tree doesn't seem to be relevant to anything, though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is kind of funny how Mai being from a long line of priestesses who attended to a non-invasive helheim tree doesn't seem to be relevant to anything, though.

That could still come up. Hell, with her having the apple, now's probably the best time to address that.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So no comments on Oren and Jonouchi's combo technique? Because Oren was really working the belt there.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

The Sandman posted:

So no comments on Oren and Jonouchi's combo technique? Because Oren was really working the belt there.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Walnuts and durian are known to taste even better when consumed together.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
So, how bout that episode? I really dig the Yomotsuheguri Arms. The red with gold and green seem to work really well. The voice for the lockseed is pretty dope. I also really dig the whole theme of the arms.

So apparently, from what I read about next week's episode, it looks like Micchy will be getting redeemed. I think it's stupid. I dunno, maybe something in this week's episode made him somewhat redeemable, but I don't think they could redeem that character very well at this point.

Gotenks0053 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 24, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I hope the subs drop soon.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Poison Mushroom posted:

I hope the subs drop soon.

http://aesirsubs.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/kamen-rider-gaim-42/

If Mitsy gets redeemed I hope to god it's in his dying breaths.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I could see Kouta forgiving him in his dying breaths, but really Micchy is just not a redeemable character.

Also, looks like Kaito's getting a power-up next week too. It'll be interesting to see that for the thirty seconds it will be on-screen before the end of the episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kouta is Jesus and Micchy is Judas

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Didn't expect Ryoma to weasel his way into being the final boss, that's a pleasant surprise.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RBX posted:

Didn't expect Ryoma to weasel his way into being the final boss, that's a pleasant surprise.

He hasn't, though. Even if Micchy dies next episode (which is almost definitely happening), there's still Kaito, there's no way they're using that Inves (Overlord?) form in only one episode, even moreso in one that has to focus on Micchy's new Ryugen-Yomi form, plus Ryouma, plus Overlord Kaito.

About this episode...Micchy got more use out of the Kiwi Gekirin in a single fight than he got in the entire series before and he didn't even do a finishing move with it. Ryugen-Yomi's drat cool and I'm glad that Micchy's constantly suffering while he uses it. That said, that's one hell of a trump card to keep on yourself, Ryouma. Admittedly I can see really well why he wouldn't use it...

Next ep...I know I've said a thousand times that I wanted Kaito to get a power up, but not this way, definitely not this way. At least he seems to be in control from the preview clip, but going full monster is still a rather extreme way to get a boost. Kinda hilarious though, how the one true monster amongst the three main characters is the only one who remains human.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rei_ posted:

If Mitsy gets redeemed I hope to god it's in his dying breaths.
I'm seconding this. But, at the same time, since Kouta's been pretty resolute to never give up on Micchy, maybe that actually paying off makes sense. It's also be pretty ironic, considering that it'd mean that Warren Statesman would indirectly be the cause of the redemption. He's forced Micchy into a position where he has to really evaluate what he's going to do with the end of his life. While Kaito's treating his inevitable demise the same way he treats everything else, Micchy's painted himself into a corner that he can't lie or manipulate his way out of. All you'd really need to do to make Gaim into a greek tragedy is make him the main character. I'm really getting a lot of Macbeth vibes from what he's been doing.

Bonus points to this episode for finally reducing the best female Rider in KR to a demure supporter of her man. :catstare:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 25, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Poison Mushroom posted:

Bonus points to this episode for finally reducing the best female Rider in KR to a demure supporter of her man. :catstare:

It didn't reduce her to anything you sperglord. Jesus She's had one emotional moment out of her entire on-screen time. It's a small moment at that.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

She's basically been that the whole time, though? Like, she made a good first impression but the only actual personality or goals we ended up getting out of her is 'she wants to help strong men succeed'.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

She's basically been that the whole time, though? Like, she made a good first impression but the only actual personality or goals we ended up getting out of her is 'she wants to help strong men succeed'.

It's unfortunate that it's a female character in that role rather than having her swapped with one of the other riders. A servant or follower can be an interesting character, but it's hard in this case to tell whether she's just a character who in general prefers to act in a non-leading role or if it's a result of sexist thinking.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It didn't reduce her to anything you sperglord. Jesus She's had one emotional moment out of her entire on-screen time. It's a small moment at that.
What was the last episode where she fought something other than some basic mooks? And what was the last episode where she did so competently? Even Ornac has a better record than her at this point.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm seconding this. But, at the same time, since Kouta's been pretty resolute to never give up on Micchy, maybe that actually paying off makes sense. It's also be pretty ironic, considering that it'd mean that Warren Statesman would indirectly be the cause of the redemption. He's forced Micchy into a position where he has to really evaluate what he's going to do with the end of his life. While Kaito's treating his inevitable demise the same way he treats everything else, Micchy's painted himself into a corner that he can't lie or manipulate his way out of. All you'd really need to do to make Gaim into a greek tragedy is make him the main character. I'm really getting a lot of Macbeth vibes from what he's been doing.

It's not like they didn't have any lead-in before this, anyway. It's important to remember that Ghost-Takatora is the manifestation of Micchy's own guilt and self-loathing - everything he says is what Mitsuzane feels, on some level, about himself. Not only that, but stuff like him placing Mai under Roshuo's protection as soon as Redyue started looking in her vague direction shows that he's had difficulty going maximum backstabber, and his duel with Kaito on top of the events of this episode have forced him to decide which way he's going to jump - does he sacrifice Mai to save himself or himself to save Mai?

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Gaku Sano, the actor who plays Kouta/Gaim, has recently thrown his hat into the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge ring.

Chromius
Aug 5, 2014

Stays shiny, even in milk.

Gotenks0053 posted:

I really dig the Yomotsuheguri Arms.
So apparently, from what I read about next week's episode, it looks like Micchy will be getting redeemed.

Those Arms are really cool looking. Wonder if Micchy will realize that nearly everyone he's ever allied himself with has been plotting against him except for Kouta before he bites it.

Simon The Digger posted:

Gaku Sano, the actor who plays Kouta/Gaim, has recently thrown his hat into the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge ring.
Wow, the popularity of that challenge is really gaining steam.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone's hyped to watch Mitchy get redeemed at the last second as he explains his fears and sorrows to kouta under extreme duress die slowly and painfully!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rei_ posted:

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone's hyped to watch Mitchy get redeemed at the last second as he explains his fears and sorrows to kouta under extreme duress die slowly and painfully!

It's probably going to be both, honestly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rei_ posted:

If the latter happens, I don't even care about the former. At least we know that he realizes how much of a gently caress up he is, so it won't come out of nowhere, and his suffering is delightful.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rei_ posted:

Kouta is gonna forgive him.

And then Kaito will murder him. He promised he would.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Kouta is gonna forgive him.

And then Kaito will murder him. He promised he would.

That sounds like something that Kouta and Kaito would do. Bring it on.

(I just want Micchy to get murdered.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
If When Micchy gets murdered, I will loving cheer.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

If When Micchy gets murdered, I will loving cheer.

Jesus H Kouta forgiving his sins just before he dies will take some of the joy out of it for me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Fooley posted:

Jesus H Kouta forgiving his sins just before he dies will take some of the joy out of it for me.

"...No. You know what? gently caress you Miccy. Burn in Hell. I'm going to start up a relationship with Mai just to spite your spirit."

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

WickedHate posted:

"...No. You know what? gently caress you Miccy. Burn in Hell. I'm going to start up a relationship with Mai just to spite your spirit."

Have any Rider protagonists actually done this before? I haven't seen that many series but I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone who's went and called out their rear end in a top hat secondaries on how much of a tool they've been the entire show. Just... toe the line and say "Oh my god I have had it up to here with your bullshit, dude I liked" instead of spending the whole time agonizing over how to redeem/memorialize them.

And I mean like, Kouta-level main character, since Takatora more or less already went and did that here. :v:

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 30, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't think of a single moment in Faiz in which Takumi had anything other than well-deserved hatred for Kusaka. The main problem was that everyone else was retarded and didn't realize that the guy was a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

Shotaro also wasn't a particularly big fan of Terui's attitude, but it didn't reach the previously mentioned Takumi/Kusaka level, mostly because Terui was an actually good person with a trigger caused by the death of his family, instead of an rear end in a top hat with few if any redeeming traits.

Those are the only examples that jump to mind though, counting only important Riders (as in, ignoring most of the Ryuki Riders and concentrating on Shinji and Ren, for instance)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shaezerus posted:

Have any Rider protagonists actually done this before? I haven't seen that many series but I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone who's went and called out their rear end in a top hat secondaries on how much of a tool they've been the entire show. Just... toe the line and say "Oh my god I have had it up to here with your bullshit, dude I liked" instead of spending the whole time agonizing over how to redeem/memorialize them.

And I mean like, Kouta-level main character, since Takatora more or less already went and did that here. :v:

V3 does it to Riderman pretty early on in their relationship, so to speak, after Riderman acted like a huge tool the entire time.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Shaezerus posted:

instead of spending the whole time agonizing over how to redeem/memorialize them.

The Naruto-Sasuke problem.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Okay, that was a pretty good episode. Even I have to admit.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

God drat.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

So let's recap
-Kouta's dead
-Mai's dead, and also the Mai who's been showing up all along
-Ryouma's dead
-Kaito is an Overlord
-All but one Genesis Driver is now busted
-Mitsy is a sobbing, hysterical, broken loving fragment of a human being

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sounds about right. Also

Only one Genesis Driver left, and Yoko has it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rei_ posted:

So let's recap
-Kouta's dead
-Mai's dead, and also the Mai who's been showing up all along
-Ryouma's dead
-Kaito is an Overlord
-Mitsy is a sobbing, hysterical, broken loving fragment of a human being

I accidently mouse'd over this and regret it horribly. Oh well...I'm stoked to actually watch the ep.

• Locked thread