Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Besesoth posted:

This thread is incontrovertibly better with the presence of the Imperfect Metaphor Police. Thank you for your service, good :spergin:.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that you could have meant something else. The internet has no shortage of really lovely people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't think they're even trying anymore.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Higgy posted:

Is that Borat?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Higgy posted:

oh no the president as a young man hung out with other young men!

Is there some context I'm missing or is it "this man looks like an Arab and is with the President years before he was even in politics"?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Every time I see this font I shake my head and wonder... is it possible to somehow unmake Comic Sans?

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is there some context I'm missing

Racism, most likely.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Is the mustachio'd man someone famous? Or maybe they think he is because they think they all look the same?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, just racism. Speaking of which, here's an example of civil discourse with someone who just won't listen. Barry Cade straight in with the knee-jerk, Kerry Oaky doing a good job of being reasonable. And absolutely no chance that Barry will listen to anything.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

I agree. That couch is hideous, and it should never have been permitted to hold office. Is it even a natural-born citizen?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Kly posted:

Thats a cool credible blog sourcing other blogs.
Yea, what do those loving rape prevention centers loving know???
[adjusts fedora]

And I´d post the latest anti-vax poo poo from a vegetarian cuisine group but honestly, it's the same as always except I decided to just cut the crap and straight up call them babykillers right away, being the idiot myself. Also is all in Icelandic.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Sorry for the artifacting, I found it on twitter.

:3:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Flaskraven posted:

Please ask Barry how it felt to be a juror in the O.J. Simpson trial.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Flaskraven posted:

Who's the idiot... the guy making the joke or the guy enjoying the joke?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I just thought it was cute. Thanks, Flaskraven, I liked your post :)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

There are members of uncontacted tribes in the jungles of South America who know all the words to Do the Bartman. This is amazing.

[Speaking in his native tongue, which is unrelated to any other known language, and which linguists are just beginning to understand, the tribesman tells the story of the time he speared his own foot, having mistaken it for a rodent in the underbush.]

"D'oh!"

[His fellow tribesmen break into smiles and laughter.]

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Chip Zinsalsa is some musician's page. Same guy who made the video, I think. Something about "FACEBOOK IS SPYING ON YOUR PHONE!!11111"

I want to touch the poop

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Flaskraven posted:

This is the one place where you never have to apologize for artifacting.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Moatman posted:

Chip Zinsalsa is some musician's page. Same guy who made the video, I think. Something about "FACEBOOK IS SPYING ON YOUR PHONE!!11111"

I want to touch the poop

Hah, dude has the connection optimization option of his phone turned on and is all :supaburn: GUBMINT!

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Moatman posted:

I want to touch the poop

'Hey, I used an app that specifically needs to connect to the internet to function, and it connected to the internet, it's stealing mah data!!'

:tinfoil:

(Also, good chance everyone on your contact list is on your FB friends list anyway, dumb rear end)

although the FB app does populate your contacts list with the contents of your friends list, but that's fairly benign as far as what he's suggesting

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I understand it's a "haha, you fell for the Onion" image, but my god this is a :smith: opinion.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Met posted:

Jayonczé

My friend said she was on a long haul flight with those 2, for 16 hours or something, and they've never spoke to each-other once the whole time.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

beato posted:

My friend said she was on a long haul flight with those 2, for 16 hours or something, and they've never spoke to each-other once the whole time.

Their marriage is a sham, much like your posting

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

beato posted:

Jay Z speaks when Beyonce allows him to speak

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Macaluso posted:

Jay Z speaks when Beyonce allows him to speak

She didn't put a ring on it, more of a ballgag.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Sounds like he's got 100 problems now.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
101 if you count Solange.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_dahduc52

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Yes, that is how microtransaction games work.

Public page.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

:psyduck:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Dienes posted:

Yes, that is how microtransaction games work.

Public page.

He should try looking in boggy marshes.

Vriess has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Look at this guy and his ridiculous game set-up for Star Citizen.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HFnjW

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

RareAcumen posted:

I have a friend who's fiancee is currently in the process of slowly converting his set-up into elaborate bullshit like this. I asked her how much he had spent on Star Citizen. She gave me a haunted look and said, "Too much."

I hope this game never comes out and Chris Roberts' just runs to Thailand with the money.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Is Star Citizen actually coming out anytime soon? I have not followed it at all.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

God Almighty, it's beautiful...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

1stGear posted:

I have a friend who's fiancee is currently in the process of slowly converting his set-up into elaborate bullshit like this. I asked her how much he had spent on Star Citizen. She gave me a haunted look and said, "Too much."

I hope this game never comes out and Chris Roberts' just runs to Thailand with the money.

My only problem with games that I'll never back down on because I know I'm in the right on this is 'Wait for the game to be out before you throw more than a pre-order or a little kickstarter funding at it. It's why I'd never want a game console the year they come out. Because there's gently caress-all to play on them.

Breaky posted:

Is Star Citizen actually coming out anytime soon? I have not followed it at all.

If I had to design a game and it was early-access and got incessantly bugged about every little thing about it [like Starbound is] I'd give an extreme date for it like '2144 mid-August. However we hope to shave off eighty years of that and possibly have it out sooner.'

Last I found on it, it was supposedly going to be playable in May [or maybe done by then?] but then surprise, surprise it got delayed again. This was when the Gamers.txt V thread wasn't gassed though.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Aug 31, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Breaky posted:

You can play like... six or seven percent of the game right now. you can fly around, shoot things, and press space buttons in your cockpit. i think that's it?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

My friend got super defensive when I told him that those were pictures from a different riot and it had nothing to do with the current situation.

Girl I work with just shared that. I really don't feel like starting poo poo, but it's like come on.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I know this is obviously a waste of money and a terrible idea, but my inner 12 year old is telling me this is the raddest poo poo ever.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RareAcumen posted:

Is the cat the one who's building it? Pretty radical if so.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Kind of impressive that Evangelion's angst is still working on the brains of kids, 20 years after its release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Laocius posted:

I know this is obviously a waste of money and a terrible idea, but my inner 12 year old is telling me this is the raddest poo poo ever.

If you can afford it, hey whatever, go ahead and put your money towards it. I'm not gonna give a poo poo. It's a waste because the game is pretty much vaporware and yet people are spending tens of thousands of dollars to pre-purchase ships they can't even use.

• Locked thread