Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of any specials for the dual controller charger/holder thing?

Just got my second controller and kinda wanna get one of these now. I remember someone had em on sale a while back for like 10-15$ though, but I can't remember who :(

It's probably been long enough that the sale is over with though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The nyko and power a ones are like $19 on amazon is that not cheap enough?

GameStop has the nyko I think if you want it now for $20 ($5 off)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

So, here's something interesting:

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/company/bluepoint-games%2C-inc.-0566

quote:

Bluepoint is looking for a CHARACTER ARTIST to join our team on a contract basis as we work on our latest project. Help us remaster a highly acclaimed AAA handheld product to a current generation console. The contract work is needed for approximately 2 months.

It looks like Bluepoint (God of War collection, Metal Gear Solid HD) are working on another port! Seeing as they've worked almost exclusively with Sony in the past I think it's reasonable to assume we're talking about a Vita to PS4 port.

It might be Uncharted: Golden Abyss or Killzone: Mercenaries, but I'm holding out hope for Gravity Rush HD. :dance:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Please don't be uncharted I don't have the time or money for any new games right now

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus HD :shepspends:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I could see Golden Abyss for throwing in to an Uncharted 4 pack, and Gravity Rush would be a good addition to Tearaway for PS4 ports of Vita games no one played, so it'll be Killzone Mercenary.

My money's on Gravity Rush HD.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You might as well port Killzone: Mercenary, it's the only actual good Killzone game so more people should play it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Policenaut posted:

You might as well port Killzone: Mercenary, it's the only actual good Killzone game so more people should play it.

Killzone 3 is way better than Killzone: Mercenary in my opinion. :shrug:

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Policenaut posted:

The best Killzone is Killzone: Liberation though :confused:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would pay so much money for a Gravity Rush HD.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
After it came out that the FF Type-0 remaster (?) will run on the FF15 engine I got interested.

The Sony stream happens at 3pm Japanese time, so damned early/late for the US.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

A next gen Wipeout please, thanks.

That studio went under or some poo poo right? But came back under a different company? And made that micro racers game for phone/vita?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Can we all just agree that it's good that we finally have first person shooters that are a lot better than Killzone to play? :laugh:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

monkeu posted:

Can we all just agree that it's good that we finally have first person shooters that are a lot better than Killzone to play? :laugh:

Battlefield's been out since day 1 bro

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Fateo McMurray posted:

Battlefield's been out since day 1 bro

Playable since month 5 too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Equilibrium posted:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus HD :shepspends:
NGSPHD: yet again slightly easier edition

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Persona 4: Golden on PS4 :getin:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Cardboard Fox posted:

And then the majority of users end up remote playing it anyway.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Cardboard Fox posted:

I wouldn't mind Persona 3 on PS4. 4 was...a little too anime for my tastes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, there's Persona Q, but I assume Nintendo has a stranglehold on that, even if Atlus ever had any intention of making it non-portable.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Equilibrium posted:

The best Killzone is Killzone: Liberation though :confused:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

James Woods Fan posted:

I wouldn't mind Persona 3 on PS4. 4 was...a little too anime for my tastes.

I really want a Vita version of P3 with everything from both versions. The complete 3D visuals and superior graphics of FES, as well The Answer, combined with P3P's gameplay improvements and female character option. The ultimate, portable version of P3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, there's Persona Q, but I assume Nintendo has a stranglehold on that, even if Atlus ever had any intention of making it non-portable.

It uses the Etrian Odyssey map I think so it'd kinda suck on something without dual screens. I guess you could make a tablet/Vita second screen an option but making a niche JRPG even more niche doesn't seem like a great idea.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Please be porting the new Soul Sacrifice to PS4. Pleeeease.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I've completed the story for First Light and I'm working toward earning he platinum. There's fun challenges and I'd estimate that there's about 10 hours of game here (probably more) if you're trying to do everything. I highly recommend it to anyone who liked Second Son or was even interested in it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I've hit a bit of a frustration point with these dumb trophies- they won't sync despite rebuilding my PSN account and hard drive after swapping a new drive into my console and syncing everything. I know it's nothing but ~*~tRoPhY cReD~*~ but having missing random ones like "finish act 2" and "complete all criminal convoys" in Watch Dogs is really silly because I'd have to basically replay the entire game again to get them. I was planning on grinding out a lot of the bullshit in WD because I don't have any other games to play right now but it seems kinda pointless if I can't plat the game after finishing what I've got left. Again, it's goofy to be worried about trophies but knowing that I already ground out these things and missing out on the one thing that I'd get to show for it is a little infuriating.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Today is the birthday of Hatsune Miku so maybe Sega drops by and shows off a PS4 Project Diva game :unsmith:
They were successful enough post-localization to get F 2nd out

e: Got the trophy sync terrible thing once, tried to unlock other trophies in that very game, to unlock the previous trophy again, other trophies, nothing did it. Had to fully initialize the thing. Weird bug.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

PS4 Thread: Everything Old is New Again

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cardboard Fox posted:

This would be cool but also won't be the thing considering Persona 5 isn't even out and that's a goddamn PS3 game.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I hope Sony saw a chance, saw something necessary and jumped on it like a nightclub visitor at a line of hockey-powder on a toilet seat, and helped them make it a cross-generation game. If Ishin is a JRPG then there's two or three of them total this year in Japan, not counting the Shining Force on depressants strategy game coming soon.

Conference + TGS, gonna be a hot month.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I've hit a bit of a frustration point with these dumb trophies- they won't sync despite rebuilding my PSN account and hard drive after swapping a new drive into my console and syncing everything. I know it's nothing but ~*~tRoPhY cReD~*~ but having missing random ones like "finish act 2" and "complete all criminal convoys" in Watch Dogs is really silly because I'd have to basically replay the entire game again to get them. I was planning on grinding out a lot of the bullshit in WD because I don't have any other games to play right now but it seems kinda pointless if I can't plat the game after finishing what I've got left. Again, it's goofy to be worried about trophies but knowing that I already ground out these things and missing out on the one thing that I'd get to show for it is a little infuriating.

Where are you checking? I have an odd thing where if I go to the US PSN trophies site it tells me I have no trophies at all, but if I go to the UK one it shows everything fine. Which is crap because everything (like the Rockstar Social Club) gets its info from the US site. It never used to do this and I can't work out a fix, and Sony want me to call them if I want help and I can't say I care enough to. Oh if I go to one PSN site and then the other sometimes then Chrome reports a redirect loop and I have to delete my cookies yey.

Alternatively, have you gotten any new trophies since you swapped the hard drive?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Just played through First Light, doing all of the map work alongside the storyline. That was very fun, and the side challenges were better than Second Son's (though that's not hard.) I'm not a huge fan of the drone side mission, but there are only around six of those, so it's not the end of the world.

I probably won't bother with the combat arenas, but they're there if I feel like going back to it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finally slogged through enough of D3 campaign again to play Reaper of Souls and it really seems like what the vanilla game should have been. The environments aren't a bland empty wasteland, there are regularly events going on and all of them seem more inspired than anything in the original game. Even the boss fights are better. I feel like my opinion of D3 would be much higher of the whole game was up to snuff with Reaper of Souls. It was still hard not to fall asleep sometimes while getting there though.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

NESguerilla posted:

Finally slogged through enough of D3 campaign again to play Reaper of Souls and it really seems like what the vanilla game should have been. The environments aren't a bland empty wasteland, there are regularly events going on and all of them seem more inspired than anything in the original game. Even the boss fights are better. I feel like my opinion of D3 would be much higher of the whole game was up to snuff with Reaper of Souls. It was still hard not to fall asleep sometimes while getting there though.

I never played D3 (or any of the others actually) and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Like a lot more than I expected.

To hear that it should get better is pretty awesome, though I don't know what is going to happen when Destiny is released.

Saying that, the wife's away for just over a week, so I may just smash through it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Narcissus1916 posted:

DLC doesn't work properly unless it matches the region you bought the main game in. I have a US PS3, and I played a european copy of Red Dead Redemption along with some DLC. When I moved back to the states I had to rebuy both the main game and the DLC, since there's no way to get that to work any other way.

Some games will allow you to play in a different region (so I can play my euro download of nfl blitz anywhere and still hop online) but in general - the DLC must match the main game.

This sounds awful. Couldn't this be straightened out by contacting Sony's support, instead of having to re-purchase the game and the DLC?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

AbstractNapper posted:

This sounds awful. Couldn't this be straightened out by contacting Sony's support, instead of having to re-purchase the game and the DLC?

I really don't know what he's talking about since the worst you should need to do is make a new PS Store account for the different region using a fake address. If you were using a european copy of a game, you would just make an EU PS Store account to get the DLC from - moving wouldn't change that as long as you're fine with lying about your address. And all games will work online anywhere - for example, I live in Australia and was just last night playing a US digital copy of Diablo III online with my friend who was playing his Australian copy, and the PS3 works the same way (except for Persona 4 Arena, which actually is truly region-locked and checks the origin of your hardware).

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
Man I just brought in a bunch of games to trade towards Destiny and I had enough extra store credit to inspire me to get some Pulse Elite headphones.

These things are actually rocking my head

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

timeandtide posted:

Motherfuckin' Costume Quest 2 is out in October: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2TYGDPTVjM

Steam release is October 7th, specifically, and that would make sense for PS4 as well (it's a Tuesday).

Oh man one of my most anticipated games of the year after Destiny. Just gotta decide if I want the PS4 or PC version.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Completely wrong thread.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

NESguerilla posted:

Reaper of souls has mostly decent boss fights, but a couple, and especially the final one should probably appear in some game design textbook as a perfect example of a tedious damage super sponge slogfest. At least on the higher difficulties anyway.

• Locked thread