Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Ant had another solid week of shows. The DiPaolo/conservative stuff really was only about a half hour or so, and then the rest of the episode was great. The Ant solo shows have also been improving. He could still do much less with callers (I think there has been exactly one good call so far, and it was yesterday), but the bits/topics he's been doing feel much less forced than the first week stuff (retards in film bit). I've been amused by the cheap visual gags he's been doing, such as when he was showing all the fire challenge clips, and ended with a clip of Wile E Coyote blowing himself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Anyone else find Todd Glass really loving annoying? I know Ron just did an Unmasked with him, and I've heard him before on WTF and other podcasts. On Norm MacDonald's youtube show he talked over everyone and had pretty specific views about how comedy should work and about the specific boundaries no comedian should cross. You know, because rules make comedy better.

JFC fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 29, 2014

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
The Todd Glass Show is probably the only podcast I've actually laughed out loud at.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

Starts around an hour 23 into the 8/28 show. Can't isolate since I'm on my phone.

"Those were not very long shows"

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSaCBoAFhf4

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

JFC posted:

Anyone else find Todd Glass really loving annoying? I know Ron just did an Unmasked with him, and I've heard him before on WTF and other podcasts. On Norm MacDonald's youtube show he talked over everyone and had pretty specific views about how comedy should work and about the specific boundaries no comedian should cross. You know, because rules make comedy better.

Todd Glass is really hit or miss depending on how high he happens to be whenever you happen to hear him. He can get really caught up in his own bullshit, and definitely needs someone to reign him in when he gets in those kind of moments. His podcast was great early on when Daniel Kinno, Rory Scovel, and Paul F. Tompkins were reoccurring guests.

When his podcast is on point there's hardly anything funnier.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Fez's deep angry raspy voice when he's channeling his mother is the least intimidating thing.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Thanks man

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
RE: Steakgate. This is a bit . . . right?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Stokes posted:

this is hilarious, regardless

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

ChristianDB posted:

this is hilarious, regardless

I can't get enough of Fez's insanity.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stokes posted:

Is the 'keeping East Side Dave and Pepper's sports show off of Sirius' a bit as well?

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Is the 'keeping East Side Dave and Pepper's sports show off of Sirius' a bit as well?

I seriously doubt Fez has that much pull at Sirius.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I tried to find the original audio from the story Ron was telling about Fez accidently ordering a hamburger during a dinner with the bosses at Morton's in DC but all I could find was this from WNEW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y3_T7K2pgs

Still interesting to hear.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Simply magical.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Call Me Charlie posted:

I tried to find the original audio from the story Ron was telling about Fez accidently ordering a hamburger during a dinner with the bosses at Morton's in DC but all I could find was this from WNEW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y3_T7K2pgs

Still interesting to hear.

I thought they said Black Earl did that...

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

How Much Art posted:

I thought they said Black Earl did that...

I think Ron said that Black Earl also did that by ordering a salisbury steak one night when they went out to dinner.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Paul Kersey posted:

I seriously doubt Fez has that much pull at Sirius.

He still mentioned it and namedropped the guy at Sirius who does apparently runs sports. So unless Fez is just making up poo poo (true), the fact he would pull that out of his wig shows he's truly a bitter rear end in a top hat.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ron rules, once a carnie always a carnie. He's the Vince McMahon of radio.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Call Me Charlie posted:

I think Ron said that Black Earl also did that by ordering a salisbury steak one night when they went out to dinner.

OH, hahaha... Black Earl sucks

Incredible Ron & Fez show today. These types of shows are the reason people debate whether it's all a work or not... Like someone mentioned before, if you notice the history of the show, alot of these big blow ups happen before long breaks.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Whereas the ones on O&A happen DURING the long breaks

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
The best part of todays show was after the Advice Show bit Fez actually said "How dare you".

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ransom posted:

The best part of todays show was after the Advice Show bit Fez actually said "How dare you".

That was pretty funny, especially since he was trying to keep angry while trying to paint Pepper with the 'dead air' brush.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hard to believe the steakgate wasn't a work today but it was great show regardless.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
had to be a work. ronnie set it up before fez ever got there that fez was going to gently caress it all up.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
So the day after playing all the Fez Show clips, they manufactured a bit so grandma could get some airtime in? How sweet.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Work or not, that was some great radio. The Fez rage explosion at the end of the show was hilarious as always. I love how he instantly goes right for the kill shot with Chris and Shelby.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ozza posted:

Work or not, that was some great radio. The Fez rage explosion at the end of the show was hilarious as always. I love how he instantly goes right for the kill shot with Chris and Shelby.

I love how it was so unwarranted. "Fez, Steak n'Shake is not steak." "YOU gently caress UP CONSTANTLY AND SUCK AS AN EMPLOYEE!" Fez goes from zero to sixty and then just burns out.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The Rams cut Michael Sam.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

JFC posted:

The Rams cut Michael Sam.

LOL!

Edit: Why do all the good things happen when R&F are on vacation?

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 30, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Rams' Press Release: "All gays are pedophiles, this is why we cut Michael Sam. p.s. Cakehorn."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah, I'm listening to Steakgate on my long weekend car trip and it does sound like a bit. It's all just too drat perfect; everything is timed to not make us wait long, Fez is immediately maximally defensive, the misunderstanding is off the charts stupid, and they cap it off with Pepper making loving long shot 4-way horse bets and then acting shocked and depressed that they don't pan out. :what:

But hey, they make it entertaining so I can hardly complain about it!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I haven't listened to R&F in several years, should I listen to any of the new shows? And if so which ones stand out?

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades
Can you get cheap Sirius/XM just on your cell phone? I'm thinking about taking a new job that involves driving a government vehicle, but only about 10-20 percent of the month, so it's not something I would want to worry about getting for my car. Their website confuses me, I don't see a mobile only option.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, I'm listening to Steakgate on my long weekend car trip and it does sound like a bit. It's all just too drat perfect; everything is timed to not make us wait long, Fez is immediately maximally defensive, the misunderstanding is off the charts stupid, and they cap it off with Pepper making loving long shot 4-way horse bets and then acting shocked and depressed that they don't pan out. :what:

But hey, they make it entertaining so I can hardly complain about it!

I didn't even get that it was a bit. The way he came with steak n shake and Ronnies disappointment. "No one goes out for a sack of steaks"

I love of Fez is really good at being mean. Bringing Howard down was so unnecessarily hilarious

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Random thoughts:

1. Anthony honestly does the best Tony Soprano impression on Earth. Not just good, but perfect.

2. Opie saying, "Ice BOCKET challenge" got old real loving quick and made me angry.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Fez actually died in 2009 and his ghost now roams the McGraw-Hill building. Only we can hear him, Ron and Peppy see and hear him.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

I didn't even get that it was a bit. The way he came with steak n shake and Ronnies disappointment. "No one goes out for a sack of steaks"

The way Ron was yelling Big Fez as Fez entered the studio tipped me off.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Fez pitched the idea to Ron as a way to get more involved with the show, Ron greenlit it and the rest of the staff was never informed. So Hicks' reaction was real and Fez's reaction to Hicks' real reaction was real but the initial idea was a bit.

I'm also guessing that Fez was expecting some light natured ribbing in the same vein as some of his other "gently caress-ups" instead of the absolute fury Pepper had regarding the whole thing.

Or it's all completely real. Who knows :shrug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

OlyMike posted:

Can you get cheap Sirius/XM just on your cell phone? I'm thinking about taking a new job that involves driving a government vehicle, but only about 10-20 percent of the month, so it's not something I would want to worry about getting for my car. Their website confuses me, I don't see a mobile only option.
I use the cell phone app but it's just for online access, not like some magically different cell phone plan. If you can listen on your computer you can use the exact same login for the app on your smartphone. Plus you can and should download on-demand shows while you are in a fast Internet area to listen to later through the app. They still expire but it's smarter to play off storage than pray for continuously connected cellular data networks.

tldr get the online only plan and save a buck

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

CrashCat posted:

I use the cell phone app but it's just for online access, not like some magically different cell phone plan. If you can listen on your computer you can use the exact same login for the app on your smartphone. Plus you can and should download on-demand shows while you are in a fast Internet area to listen to later through the app. They still expire but it's smarter to play off storage than pray for continuously connected cellular data networks.

tldr get the online only plan and save a buck

Makes sense, driving over the pass to eastern Washington I would except the reception may die a bit. Thanks for the tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

The way Ron was yelling Big Fez as Fez entered the studio tipped me off.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Fez pitched the idea to Ron as a way to get more involved with the show, Ron greenlit it and the rest of the staff was never informed. So Hicks' reaction was real and Fez's reaction to Hicks' real reaction was real but the initial idea was a bit.

I'm also guessing that Fez was expecting some light natured ribbing in the same vein as some of his other "gently caress-ups" instead of the absolute fury Pepper had regarding the whole thing.

Or it's all completely real. Who knows :shrug:
Yeah, I like the "bit idea, then poo poo got real." Pepper's hate for Fez has always seemed real and tapped into that. Plus Fez brought up retarded poo poo that shouldn't be said on the air like he's done in the past with Pepper, Shelby and ESD.

Pepper should've shoved Fez's face into an open burger and said "Bark, Doggy!"

• Locked thread