Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i bet zoe quinn didn't post a single ironic post in new gbs yet

how can we be sure she's a true belieber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

4outof5 posted:

People trying to get a thread locked because they don't like who won the argument.

haha if you're taking this thread seriously then you're probably a dork

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

lol

of course

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Neurolimal posted:

i bet zoe quinn didn't post a single ironic post in new gbs yet

how can we be sure she's a true belieber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

rainy day posted:

as bad as zoe is the amount of nerd pantshitting shes caused almost makes up for it.

zoe is cool no matter what, donations to charity don't count because spite and people who like video games should kill themselves

got it thanks for the insights

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

kinda sucks for sarkesian that she's now irrevocably associated with a huge rear end in a top hat she has nothing in common with except a vagina

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Torka posted:

kinda sucks for sarkesian that she's now irrevocably associated with a huge rear end in a top hat she has nothing in common with except a vagina

that's called solidarity friend

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Torka posted:

I dunno I heard they both received death threats from the same nonexistent twitter account

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Torka posted:

kinda sucks for anita sarkesian that she's now irrevocably associated with a huge rear end in a top hat she has nothing in common with except a vagina
She's associated with zoe because both of their careers basically hinge around being victims of the patriarchy in all the hamfisted quote marks you can muster. There's strong evidence that both have at points made up harassment against themselves for credit and attention. The abandoning the house shtick being perhaps the funniest because people from the social justice crew sent deaththreats to a literal 13 year old who was somehow more mature than them and didn't take the internet seriously.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm unclear on exactly what's going on. Do any of these game journalism sites have a well-researched article on this (impartial, interview all sides, that kind of thing)?

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Ok for those of us that missed poo poo that went on at PAX and the escapist, could someone summarize the last two days?

Thanks

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
oh my god

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i offer insight to anyone who dares ask

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Torka posted:

Well, you say that but there was nothing preventing her from getting informed about this drama before tweeting about how this is a misogynistic witch hunt.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Trapezium Dave posted:

I'm unclear on exactly what's going on. Do any of these game journalism sites have a well-researched article on this (impartial, interview all sides, that kind of thing)?

loving lol

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

ArbitraryC posted:

Would you say the same thing about other rapists or are you just particularly fond of this one?

shes not a rapist just a hypocrite

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Shadoer posted:

Ok for those of us that missed poo poo that went on at PAX and the escapist, could someone summarize the last two days?

Thanks

Nothing happened at PAX except more self-righteous tweeting. The Escapist forced one of their writers to apologize via twitter and they did so in the most weaselly, fuming way possible.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Shadoer posted:

Thanks

I don't know about PAX but the owners of escapist and other video game journalism outlets as well as video game companies are really loving angry at their writers because they've been SJW's instead of shills for games for over a week now.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I dunno I heard they both received death threats from the same nonexistent twitter account

agreed all women are liars

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Trapezium Dave posted:

Nope, that's actually one of the main complaints. Basically the closest you'll get to well-researched and impartial views are this thread and some of the individual tumblr articles (of all things) linked in this thread. Basically the easiest summery is outspoken feminists sexually abuses her boyfriend then uses internet social progressiveness to try and smother all criticism by labeling it as misogyny, this caused a backlash that's been slowing pushing as more and more people read past the initial clickbait articles and learn that zoe was a terrible person who did terrible things to people who loved her and this has called a bunch of sites, people, and communities into question over how honestly they handle these kind of issues.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Falsum posted:

Well, you say that but there was nothing preventing her from getting informed about this drama before tweeting about how this is a misogynistic witch hunt.

remaining uninformed about this histrionic bullshit is the only correct move and I wish I didn't know even the little I do

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rainy day posted:

shes not a rapist just a hypocrite

She had non consensual sex with her boyfriend that she considers rape by her own definition. I think it's pretty fair to call her a rapist.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
imo people should sing the cuckquest song poorly some more instead of ironically unironically crying about women on tweeter

cucktales! wehHEUGH

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Shadoer posted:

Thanks

Nothing happened at PAX, but rumors say that the game journos are gonna do something Monday that has to do with the whole 'gamers are dead' thing (possibly ditching the term, similar to what happened with Atheism+)

The Escapist's co-founder made a thread basically saying "yeah sorry about my son he's not allowed to use twitter anymore" and Bob Chipman posted an obviously forced apology shortly afterward.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Slanderer posted:

agreed all women are liars

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Torka posted:

remaining uninformed about this histrionic bullshit is the only correct move and I wish I didn't know even the little I do

She's a huge part of the problem and that you can't acknowledge siding with a self admitted rapist before hearing the whole story was a bad move means you are too. Sorry this hurts your high horse stick but feminism is a two way street.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

She had non consensual sex with her boyfriend that she considers rape by her own definition. I think it's pretty fair to call her a rapist.

that makes sense if she is the law

she is not the law

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

She's a huge part of the problem and that you can't acknowledge siding with a self admitted rapist before hearing the whole story was a bad move means you are too. Sorry this hurts your high horse stick but feminism is a two way street.

ok

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
can we talk about how much of a baby zoe quinn's ex-boyfriend was

do you think he was playing The Crying Game on loop when he wrote his manifesto

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Torka posted:

Alright, but in that case she shouldn't have gotten near that poo poo. She actually did say that this is a misogynistic witch hunt.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Slanderer posted:

that makes sense if she is the law

she is not the law

She's not the law but it's actually a fairly academically rigorous definition. At least one country (sweden) has tried to prosecute someone for their equievelent of rape using "would not consented to it had the person been honest" in a particularly famous case. Beyond that though it's her own definition of rape (she was using it to manipulate her boyfriend to make it even more scummy), it's fair to lampoon her for violating it.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I don't know about PAX but the owners of escapist and other video game journalism outlets as well as video game companies are really loving angry at their writers because they've been SJW's instead of shills for games for over a week now.

Falsum posted:

Nothing happened at PAX, but rumors say that the game journos are gonna do something Monday that has to do with the whole 'gamers are dead' thing (possibly ditching the term, similar to what happened with Atheism+)

The Escapist's co-founder made a thread basically saying "yeah sorry about my son he's not allowed to use twitter anymore" and Bob Chipman posted an obviously forced apology shortly afterward.

Excellent

Thanks for the update.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Falsum posted:

Alright, but in that case she shouldn't have gotten near that poo poo. She actually did say that this is a misogynistic witch hunt.

tbf do you think people would be skimming cliffyB's chatlogs if his super recent ex-gf called him a jerk

well maybe because cliffyb is a shithead and nobody likes him, uhhh david gaider mike mearls suda51 whatever the f

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

can we talk about how much of a baby zoe quinn's ex-boyfriend was

What do you think of women who come forth with claims of rape against prominent men?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Basically the easiest summery is outspoken feminist sexually abuses her boyfriend then uses internet social progressiveness to try and smother all criticism by labeling it as misogyny

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

are this thread
lmao cmon dude

ArbitraryC posted:

no its not you dumb idiot. you can't simultaneously make fun of it for being a lovely definition of rape, and then argue its fair to use that definition because reassssssssssssssons

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 31, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

What do you think of women who come forth with claims of rape against prominent men?

depends, did they hold off on those claims until they were dumped

did they press charges and go to police for these claims instead of dropping a pantload on a blog

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Neurolimal posted:

Naw he was playing Depression Quest while his girlfriend was moaning as a greasy beard rubbed all over her cellulite

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

depends, did they hold off on those claims until they were dumped

did they press charges and go to police for these claims instead of dropping a pantload on a blog
This is pretty much exactly what happened against max and everyone took it seriously to the point where he literally lost job opportunities due to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Naw he was playing Depression Quest while his girlfriend was moaning as a greasy beard rubbed all over her cellulite

i hope he was assuming the correct cucking position outside the motel room

• Locked thread