Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Rincewind posted:

I really liked how they kept alternating between Paulie, drunk scumbag trash man who probably hosed that robot, and Paulie, paragon of childlike innocence who's just sad because his pet frog escaped at Apollo Creed's funeral.

He totally hosed that robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I love how much time they spent on Paulie. In a movie with a lot of baffling poo poo, the fact they let Paulie hang around is definitely the most baffling for me. Yes, even more than the robot. Why are they letting this abusive, alcoholic baby-man freeload off them?

The actor was nominated for an Oscar for the role, what where they going to do, not have him come back? Really, the entire Rocky saga is the story not of Rocky Balboa but of Paulie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

At least Paulie didn't get his best friend killed by not throwing in the towel.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I loved how Paulie thought he was tougher than Rocky in the first film, and then Rocky starts snapping the ribs in the sides of beef he practices on, and Paulie's just making GBS threads his pants. That's the moment that Paulie truly became a sad piece of poo poo that was going to sponge off Rocky as long as he could.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rincewind posted:

I really liked how they kept alternating between Paulie, drunk scumbag trash man who probably hosed that robot, and Paulie, paragon of childlike innocence who's just sad because his pet frog escaped at Apollo Creed's funeral.

"It was the first funeral for a black man he attended and it was the last" going almost instantly into "HOPPY'S GOIN IN THE POND, ROCK, THE POND" was the best bit by far.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"It was the first funeral for a black man he attended and it was the last" going almost instantly into "HOPPY'S GOIN IN THE POND, ROCK, THE POND" was the best bit by far.

"Rock...I kinda messed ups my underspants....."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"Don't get your shoes wet, I'm not buyin' you new shoes."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Okay, I think I'm ready to share this.

I have a bad movie podcast with my two brothers. Oh Brother, Did We Watch That. We only started a couple of months ago. It's still pretty rough (we only just did the 8th episode). I know we need to get a microphone so I'm not just using the internal one on my iMac. And we only started using clips from the movie in the last two episodes. Also, we talk kind of fast, which we're working on. But I think we've got a good thing going. We basically try to stick to movies we watched a lot when we were kids. Also, we rotate who picks what movie we watch each week. The latest episode was Fire Birds, the shortest movie we've watched (without credits it's only 80 minutes.) If I had to describe which podcast we're most like, I'd say We Hate Movies, but only because that's what we most try to emulate, since it's our favorite. And to stay on topic, our second episode was Rocky IV!

Anyway, to throw another goon-run podcast onto the mix, this is the one I run with my brothers. Let me know what you think. I'm Josh, if you can tell us apart (which is a little difficult, I'll admit).

Facebook page is here.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 27, 2014

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tomahawk posted:

I was listening to Jingle All The Way yesterday and Chris says something like "Schwarzenegger aficionados" and everyone cracks up and he immediately gets really defensive and says "Why is that funny!?". I dunno dude, cause its a comedy podcast and things are and should be funny?

Chris never said that though, it was pretty clearly Eric saying that as a joke.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I finally got through the 'yeah it's that bad' archive. It's a shame the show had to end because of a single shithead because it was pretty good.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

DrManiac posted:

I finally got through the 'yeah it's that bad' archive. It's a shame the show had to end because of a single shithead because it was pretty good.

Yeah, hard to believe it's been more than a year since it died. People in the podcast forum were pretty hard on the show, but I loved hearing those guys make dumb jokes every week :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Where does the whm "you stole mah story" running gag come from? And Szyzka's "thiiinnerr"?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Where does the whm "you stole mah story" running gag come from? And Szyzka's "thiiinnerr"?

Thiiiiiiner is from Silver Bullet I think.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Thiiiiiiner is from Thinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ese31eyL0

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

No I mean the running gag.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

No I mean the running gag.

Oops, I read Calaveron's question wrong. Sorry about that.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Calaveron posted:

The line is from another Stephen King movie, Secret Window, but they haven't done an episode about it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_XBLh8Xv8

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I liked the Flophouse take on this where they decided that the guy from Thinner was responsible for the origin of all the Marvel superheroes. Including "Naaaaamooooooor."

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Random Stranger posted:

I liked the Flophouse take on this where they decided that the guy from Thinner was responsible for the origin of all the Marvel superheroes. Including "Naaaaamooooooor."

That was a We Hate Movies joke.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

I am astoundingly backward.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

On that topic, the idea that Louie Andersen being the last surviving actor and having to do all films past and present is probably my favorite tangent WHM has ever done.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

I have a bad movie podcast with my two brothers. Oh Brother, Did We Watch That.

Didn't see any comments on this, but I've been checking it out and really enjoying your podcast. You and your brothers have great chemistry, and I loved your riffing with your dad on the Masters of the Universe episode. Just get a new mic and you're set!

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Vakal posted:

The line is from another Stephen King movie, Secret Window, but they haven't done an episode about it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_XBLh8Xv8

Yeah, I think Steve just said "You stole mah story" at one point during one episode in reference to Secret Window and they started saying it periodically.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Seems like the next movie for WHM is The Substitue which is only disappointing because when they were talking about back to school I was desperately hoping for Teaching Mrs. Tingle.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I think we're about due for a Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobservo posted:

I think we're about due for a Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode.

If for no other reason to finally bring all the "STATION!" references to a head.

Seriously, what the hell was that character all about?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

weekly font posted:

Seems like the next movie for WHM is The Substitue which is only disappointing because when they were talking about back to school I was desperately hoping for Teaching Mrs. Tingle.

When it comes to "Back to School" I was kind of hoping for Dangerous Minds. The Substitute is a great pick, though, and definite a fun take on the "new teacher cleans up the rough school": a goofy bad movie that's kind of fun in its own way and will have a lot of material to riff on.

I assume everyone has their suggestions for WHM ready for when the phone lines open up next week. :v:

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

I just want them to get something that calls for an entire episode of New Yorker impressions.

"Oh Marone!"

drat this break has been rough.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Flython posted:

I just want them to get something that calls for an entire episode of New Yorker impressions.

I do so treasure our adventures to Garbage Island :allears:

I'm looking forward to the gang's return too, mostly because they teased that they'll start taking calls for Listener Request Month almost as soon as they get back. I was originally going to request the skin-crawling, paint-peeling Christmas Do Over, but I'll spare them this time because hoooooly poo poo have I found one of the most perfect We Hate Movies movies ever.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

I assume everyone has their suggestions for WHM ready for when the phone lines open up next week. :v:

You're drat right I am.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Flython posted:

"Oh Marone!"

drat this break has been rough.

The New Yorkers were pretty good, however, this rerun has left me wanting for more Wilford Brimley impressions.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

radlum posted:

The New Yorkers were pretty good, however, this rerun has left me wanting for more Wilford Brimley impressions.

There's always Hard Target and its Cajun Brimley.

"Godammnut! God... damot! Godamot."

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Vakal posted:

You're drat right I am.

Please, Please tell me that's a Photoshop :stare:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BigRed0427 posted:

Please, Please tell me that's a Photoshop :stare:

Wait, you've never seen Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man?

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard

radlum posted:

FEMA Camps and Crop Circles episodes of Blame It On Outer Space feature Brimley impressions heavily.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
A return to form Flophouse this week, I thought.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
She-Job and Jean Gray's night out made me laugh out loud in public.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
'Molten Berle' made me do my first genuine spit take in a long time

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

A return to form Flophouse this week, I thought.

I loved using Gambit to disprove the central argument of God's Not Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I've not really gotten into Flophouse because I already have enough podcasts to listen to and the sound was so bad in their first episode I couldn't get through it. Could I just listen to episodes featuring movies I'd like to hear mocked, or is it so in-joke-y that it's not worth bothering?