Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Oh hey, cool, now Modern is much cheaper for my brother and I (because we still have our sets of Onslaught ones from back in the day) :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I'd hope we'll see the enemy fetches in the third set, but it's not strictly necessary, especially since the third set's rotating out separately. They should definitely be in a Large set, though, I hope.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Jabor posted:

We might get them in the third set (they won't split them across the two sets, because that would make rotation weird).

Or we might get Murmuring Bosk-type lands that play well with fetches instead. It's a little early to be really speculating though.
Gib gib gib
I would love to see that cycle finished. Of course maybe they'll do a functional reprint of Bosk minus the Treefolk tribal thing.

vvv: enjoy your power 4 or greater courtesy of nagle

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Zorak posted:

e: They're holding off on the Temur mechanic until either tomorrow or Monday?

I am happier for this than I am for the fetch lands. Holding out hope for a keyword.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Oh hey, cool, now Modern is much cheaper for my brother and I (because we still have our sets of Onslaught ones from back in the day) :getin:

Same here! My Windswept Heaths, Flooded Stands, and Wooded Foothills all played me the long-game on this one.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
new art or old art for the fetches?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Well, that's crazy, #mtgktk is trending in the US on twitter right now.

Gensuki posted:

I am happier for this than I am for the fetch lands. Holding out hope for a keyword.

They'll keyword it; they've outright said they regretting that part of the Naya identity

neetengie posted:

vvv: enjoy your power 4 or greater courtesy of nagle

Wouldn't it be weird if we had a Wedge get an identical mechanic to a Shard?

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
I am sqeeing like a little girl here! Well time to start saving up so I can get a playset of each fetchland...

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

It will be new art, non-core sets have all new art.

I'm so glad I didn't buy my Zen fetches yet, even if they stay expensive, I can just use the appropriate allied fetches instead.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Pretty much 0% chance it won't be new art.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Well winning a pre-order box of Khans at last night's FNM just felt so much more awesome.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

JerryLee posted:

"A part of my hobby that previously cost $270 will now cost $40-60"

[playset of Polluted Deltas used as an example, making the assumption that it'll drop from its current tcgplayer low of $65 to $10-15]

Don't hold your breath for this.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Those art and flavor text absolutely rule

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I love that those fetches:

* have worse art than the originals
* are covered with dead dragons

I seriously could not be more pleased with those two facts.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Those are really pretty and I kind of like the flavor text.

I do feel like they missed a trick in not making them a wrapping panorama.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Khans is amazing right now. That sarkhan is so good and fetches rule. I'm pumped.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Hey guys?

Temur's mechanic definitely isn't "4 power or greater".

I know this because if it were, it would have been ability worded on the enchantment earlier. Because Maro said if he were redoing Shards, he would have given Naya's ability an ability word.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

What a Judas posted:

Why not? Pretty much every shockland dropped to $8-10 or so at some point during its RTR tenure. Obviously the fetches are used in more formats, but you shouldn't underestimate the sheer shift in supply that will occur as a result of this. I don't think $15 is unrealistic at all.

edit: I want to get alters of those fetches where the art box is blanked out and replaced with nothing but "DRAGONS DRAGONS DRAGONS" repeated ad nauseam

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Flooded Strand dragon skeleton is so kawaii (kawaii means cute).

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

What a Judas posted:

This is where shocks were, and also where the enemy fetches were during their time in Standard. $10-$15 is probably where they'll end up after the initial surge of demand dies down.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

What a Judas posted:

You really don't think that Deltas will bottom out at $15 or lower? Given that Shocks dropped all the way down to like $5, I'd be very surprised.

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2
That is definitely the crowd reaction because I am that guy in the green hat and I am flabbergasted.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Attorney at Funk posted:

* have worse art than the originals
I seriously could not be more pleased with those two facts.

Worse is subjective.

The fact they're covered in dead dragons is neat.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
That Flooded Strand looks really neat, kind of want a foil playset (though not at the prices they'll inevitably end up at). The others are a bit more whatever.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Original shocks were not $50+. If you think Delta and Strand, in particular, are going below $20-$30, you may need to reconsider.

I'm going to ride this reprint train harder than I did on shocklands. This is where the money is going to be.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

ShadeofBlue posted:

non-core sets have all new art.

Excepting TSP and probably some other dumb corner case.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

What a Judas posted:

Original shocks were not $50+. If you think Delta and Strand, in particular, are going below $20-$30, you may need to reconsider.

I'm going to ride this reprint train harder than I did on shocklands. This is where the money is going to be.

I can't think of any non-mythic rares that ever hit $30 while in print recently, although I feel like there must have been some. In any case, I hope (and do believe) that you are wrong. Still, a few months from now will definitely be the time to pick up 20 fetches.

EDIT: Mutavault! Knew there had to be one. Still, Mutavault is colorless and from a set that got opened less than an average non-core large set.

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 31, 2014

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

ShadeofBlue posted:

I can't think of any non-mythic rares that ever hit $30 while in print recently, although I feel like there must have been some. In any case, I hope (and do believe) that you are wrong. Still, a few months from now will definitely be the time to pick up 20 fetches.

Snapcaster Mage is a pretty reasonable example.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They are going to be 10 bucks each. Time to build all the legacy decks.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Hell, I won't let them be $10 each. I'll buy them out instantly.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

What a Judas posted:

They got close. I distinctly remember online retailers asking $35-40 for blue shocks during the pre-RTR Modern craze days. That might have been SCG price, but the point remains. Also, while I don't have the print run figures for Onslaught and Ravnica 1.0 at my fingertips, I'm 90% sure that pre-reprint supply was better for the shocks than for the fetches.

I mean, we are all just speculating at this point but I would be incredibly surprised if fetches don't drop to at least the mid-teens once we've been drafting them for a few months.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Zen fetches hit $10 or $12 while in Standard (that's the only reason I have some). Unless there's a small print run, I expect prices to be similar (after a few months of the set being open). I should note that (locally at least) we opened/drafted a TON of Zen.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Should be interesting to see what's going to happen to Modern. I'm mostly not thrilled with this because I'm preemptively shaking my head at the wave of :spergin: about to crash over the internet as every nerd in this game weighs in on its implications.

The one unambiguously positive effect will be dropping the price of these things on MTGO, which I'm a huge fan of since I've been getting into Legacy on there (Flooded Strand being $66 each was a huge reason I couldn't build Miracles).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What a Judas posted:

Hell, I won't let them be $10 each. I'll buy them out instantly.

In order to support them being more than that the rest of the set would have to be basically worthless.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Should be interesting to see what's going to happen to Modern. I'm mostly not thrilled with this because I'm preemptively shaking my head at the wave of :spergin: about to crash over the internet as every nerd in this game weighs in on its implications.

The one unambiguously positive effect will be dropping the price of these things on MTGO, which I'm a huge fan of since I've been getting into Legacy on there (Flooded Strand being $66 each was a huge reason I couldn't build Miracles).

Oh poo poo, is it too late to dump on MODO?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

What a Judas posted:

Large sets have what? 1/60 chance of a particular rare in a pack?

If fetchlands are never below $30, that's suggesting that over 50% of the value in a Khans pack is in the fetchlands. Unless the rest of the set is spectacularly poo poo, the price is going below that solely on SCG opening packs to find other Standard singles, let alone the downwards pressure from Limited play.

quote:

Oh, absolutely. These are going to climb quite a bit once they stop being opened regularly.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Ob Nixilis confirmed the fetches back in M15. We didn't listen!

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Mutavault hovered around 30 for a while, didn't it?

I think large expansion sets are opened enough nowadays that the additional supply of fetches is going to be huge, it's just going to be hard to gauge how that supply compares to the rising demand for them since they're played in literally every format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Stuff goons said wouldn't be in Tarkir:

-Delve
-(Onslaught) Fetches

Anything else? :v: Also, go grab a set of Coursers if you haven't already.

• Locked thread