Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
Okay.

So I've read this thread all the way through. At least... I have 10 pages to go. Regardless, I want to know one fact:

What gives this girl so much sway in the industry? It can't just be her having sex. Is it because modern game press is only from a few sources or what? Who do I even trust anymore?

Also Hohokum was fun and awesome. Like 1000 times more fun than most recent games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satin666
Jun 7, 2006

the Gamer+ is a poor imitation of a concept born on this very forum in 2008:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3016727

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Clitch posted:

Zoe Quinn is going to get up on that stage looking beaten and ashen with trauma. She will stand at the lectern, flanked by Anita, Maya, and her concubine cucksquad. With a trembling voice, she will address the packed hall, before reaching to her neck. She will pull away the mask to finally reveal the architect of this epic drama, and the greatest storyteller of our time; Hideo Kojima.

After a 45 minute standing ovation, the crowd will be treated to a live demo of MGS5. The game is narrated by The Quiet's internal monologue, describing the horrors of the gender conflict that has ravaged the near future. She will detail her plight, and her singular display of solidarity with her sisters in arms; the longest slutwalk.

Kill stage lights. Nerds scream and applaud until they drown in the blood flowing from their rent vocal cords.

The success of the game, DLC, and micro transactions crashes 3 European economies.

Kotaku gives it a 4/5 because Snake's rear end has more screen time. Obviously misogynist.

holy gently caress finally

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
because there are about ten or twenty people who write about the "important" "groundbreaking" indie games "scene" and they all know and hang with each other and they all know and hang out with zoe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Clitch posted:

Zoe Quinn is going to get up on that stage looking beaten and ashen with trauma. She will stand at the lectern, flanked by Anita, Maya, and her concubine cucksquad. With a trembling voice, she will address the packed hall, before reaching to her neck. She will pull away the mask to finally reveal the architect of this epic drama, and the greatest storyteller of our time; Hideo Kojima.

After a 45 minute standing ovation, the crowd will be treated to a live demo of MGS5. The game is narrated by The Quiet's internal monologue, describing the horrors of the gender conflict that has ravaged the near future. She will detail her plight, and her singular display of solidarity with her sisters in arms; the longest slutwalk.

Kill stage lights. Nerds scream and applaud until they drown in the blood flowing from their rent vocal cords.

The success of the game, DLC, and micro transactions crashes 3 European economies.

Kotaku gives it a 4/5 because Snake's rear end has more screen time. Obviously misogynist.

ZOE

Zone
Of the
Enders 3

Thank you based Kojima for saving video games.

Hobo Grandpa
Aug 22, 2014

"Trigger" is my trigger word.

Clitch posted:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Clitch posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Clitch posted:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lifepuzzler posted:

Okay.

So I've read this thread all the way through. At least... I have 10 pages to go. Regardless, I want to know one fact:

What gives this girl so much sway in the industry? It can't just be her having sex. Is it because modern game press is only from a few sources or what? Who do I even trust anymore?

Also Hohokum was fun and awesome. Like 1000 times more fun than most recent games.

It could be that the indie dev and mid tier gaming website employee groups are only a few dozen total and due to their small size and shared interests have formed a somewhat close knit group. Said group has been attacked previously by gamer culture's share of the internet rear end in a top hat quota. As a result they naturally closed ranks when this whole thing was just about her sleeping with 5 guys. As the story developed the natural inability of most people in the anti-Zoe coalition to artfully string together a coherent narrative allowed the narrative of the MRAs and others to solidify the takeaway as it all being an attack on women. poo poo stirrers in the Zoe/Industry ranks retaliated, and we've naturally reached the point where people just call each other terrorists and hand wave death threats.

Or it's a conspiracy by a shadow cabal, that of course includes Anita, which has it's hands in the various gaming sites through various methods. Zoe is one of their number. Their goal is to force everyone to begin every sentence with Trigger Warnings, castrate all straight white male gamers, and burn AAA companies to the ground. Leaving the world with artistic re imaginings of what a game is as the only option. Text based games and male rape simulators will be the next big thing as Anita sits upon her throne of gamer skulls and laughs about how she'd hated games from the start.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gyges posted:

It could be that the indie dev and mid tier gaming website employee groups are only a few dozen total and due to their small size and shared interests have formed a somewhat close knit group. Said group has been attacked previously by gamer culture's share of the internet rear end in a top hat quota. As a result they naturally closed ranks when this whole thing was just about her sleeping with 5 guys. As the story developed the natural inability of most people in the anti-Zoe coalition to artfully string together a coherent narrative allowed the narrative of the MRAs and others to solidify the takeaway as it all being an attack on women. poo poo stirrers in the Zoe/Industry ranks retaliated, and we've naturally reached the point where people just call each other terrorists and hand wave death threats.

Or it's a conspiracy by a shadow cabal, that of course includes Anita, which has it's hands in the various gaming sites through various methods. Zoe is one of their number. Their goal is to force everyone to begin every sentence with Trigger Warnings, castrate all straight white male gamers, and burn AAA companies to the ground. Leaving the world with artistic re imagining of what a game is as the only option. Text based games and male rape simulators will be the next big thing as Anita sits upon her thrown of gamer skulls and laughs about how she'd hated games from the start.

these two theories aren't mutually exclusive just fyi

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Clitch posted:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Hey I haven't read the last 1000 or so posts of this thread, did anything happen at PAX, did gamers stand on a street corner wearing yellow like they said they would?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sapient Afro posted:

Hey I haven't read the last 1000 or so posts of this thread, did anything happen at PAX, did gamers stand on a street corner wearing yellow like they said they would?

Read the thread

alternatively something might happen on monday, maybe

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

261 pages of some video game poo poo
:eyepop:

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Where do I get one of these fine shirts?

Kernel Monsoon fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 31, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Yoah whats the masterlist of confirmed journalists being corrupt, I got a whole bunch of people thinking its The glorious Social Justice warriors against the rapacious gamer hordes as being the crux of the issue here. The OP used to have some stuff but it got trimmed down.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Man Whore posted:

Yoah whats the masterlist of confirmed journalists being corrupt, I got a whole bunch of people thinking its The glorious Social Justice warriors against the rapacious gamer hordes as being the crux of the issue here. The OP used to have some stuff but it got trimmed down.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

That ain't what I'm look for, I was looking for the pictures like that kotaku writer who wrote poo poo about her girlfriends game.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Man Whore posted:

That ain't what I'm look for, I was looking for the pictures like that kotaku writer who wrote poo poo about her girlfriends game.

Oh poo poo. Well, I just went looking for this so I hope it helps anyway. This at least proves quite a few of them talk to eatchother and have an "agenda" of a sort.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Put a gun to your heads and pull the trigger.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
didn't one of the journalists on ex-bf's hit list not even review depression quest in the first place

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Neurolimal posted:

didn't one of the journalists on ex-bf's hit list not even review depression quest in the first place

Kill youself on a depression quest please

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ProfessorGroove posted:

Put a gun to your heads and pull the trigger.

Thanks, Professor Groove

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Fagmaster posted:

This, gently caress this thread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Thanks, Professor Groove

gas this thread, gas yourself

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Thanks, Professor Groove

Kill yourself because your avatar is a cartoon horse.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

So does SJW just mean 'progressive' now?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

yeah

i remember when only people with at least 2 headmates were called SJWs. loving kids ruining the tumblr mocking racket :corsair:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Someone cares about something I don't! :argh:

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

Tokamak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxy8HmTMqE

:stare:
looking through the comments for images and videos is quite the eye opening experience. SA has keep me sheltered and fed me SJW lies.

this guy's cool

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
sjw became a useless stand-in for feminazi within like, 1/5th of a femtosecond of its creation, only diff is that there's a tiny group of bored middle-class people on tumblr saying dumb poo poo to make the people using it feel validated

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Fagmaster posted:

What hobby should people care about instead of video games? Golf or some poo poo?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Jonad posted:

i remember when only people with at least 2 headmates were called SJWs. loving kids ruining the tumblr mocking racket :corsair:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Somebody please tell me headmates are still a thing

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

sjw is someone who spends more time yelling angrily and attacking others than actually doing anything constructive about important social issues

for some reason people have become obsessed with trying to 'reclaim' the word and use its existence as an excuse to never actually address arguments attached to the phrase

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Some of this is actually interesting. I love/hate this guy.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

That one guy's name is Christian Nutt.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Smekerman posted:

this guy's cool

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Can someone like zoe's 44 posts about the fine young capitalists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Any bets how long before the SJW death lists are expanded to include anyone who dares to criticise women in mu video games?

You all lose because it's now

• Locked thread