Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
Speaking of late oaths I oath two Reaper Bones Lizardmens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

I enri, do hereby oath..

1 x Dwarf Longbeard, scale is 28mm and manufacturer is, strictly speaking, Marauder Miniatures (but sold as citadel)

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Speaking of late oaths I oath two Reaper Bones Lizardmens

Oaths Accepted!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Oath addition

1 objective marker for warmachine from tectonic craft studios and the curse of zandri from GW's dreadfleet

Just need to clarify if the damage/objective marker is painted or not? I went to the website for Tectonic and it looks like everything is unpainted MDF, so need to just make sure.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
August Oath Complete

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

Just need to clarify if the damage/objective marker is painted or not? I went to the website for Tectonic and it looks like everything is unpainted MDF, so need to just make sure.

It's primed white.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Detektiv's jurnal:

Speed painting:

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:ducksiren: July judgment! :ducksiren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Slimnoid

Everything you did this month was absolutely superb. The paint jobs are clean, the technique used is 100% consistent throughout. The bases all look great, amazing weathering on the rubble and metal. All of your lighting choices enhance the models, they don't take away from the paint jobs themselves. Well done.

Second Place, 2 Points: Vermintide

Tabletop standard or not, it still looks really cool. Great verdigris effect on the wheels, and up on the arch and plague furnace. Great balance of orange throughout the model, on both the robes and various pieces of rusty metal. I also like the depth you achieved with your washes on the wood.

First Place, 3 Points: LaikatheSpaceDog

Great looking little diorama here. Love the different colors of source lighting, it compliments the bold color choices used throughout the model. Your highlighting choices are all very consistent, makes the whole piece pop out. Great base, great spacing of the monitors and cables, looks active without being too busy. I also like the bottle cap objective, it looks really cool for being what it is, the candles look cool.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Slimnoid

Everything I said above about your pieces this month holds true for the object source lighting, superb. Your technique is as good as the techniques used for the non-lit parts of the models.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath complete!

Went for speed painting and box art on this. Attempted some NMM on his sword for the Jurnal.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

I'm not a big fan of NMM; I mostly use a NMM-esque technique to put shading and highlights on actual metallic paints. That being said, there's not a single brushstroke's worth of metallic paint on this orc. Any shininess is due to my heavy use of Minitaire Ghost Tints; apparently I haven't satin-varnished it enough to kill all the shine. The most obvious NMM would be on the shoulderpads and the rusty weapons, though I did try it on the chainmail, buckles, amulet and the horn on his back as well.
(Side note: About 75% of the basecoating was done with zenithal priming and either ink washes or Ghost Tints. This featured most prominently on the orc's skin; if I ever get around to painting the small box of Orks I've accumulated, that's the way I'll do it.)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

NMM on the arrowheads, so this months Journal is in the bag.

And this was the last of the Daqan force for my Battlelore! :woop: 48 figures in 4 months. That would probably have taken me a few years a my normal speed. Thank you oath thread and thank you organizers :)

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Oath Complete!

I believe I am claiming only the Journal this month, with the NMM present in the skull, the harp, and the harp's strings.

I've never done NMM before... not sure I succeeded with the skull, but I think the harp looks pretty good!

Here's a work in progress shot:

If I remember correctly the skull is an old Halloween party favor... I sawed off the top of it's head, filled it with plumber's putty to give it some weight, and sculpted the ridge with green stuff. The rocks on the base are, literally, garden-variety rocks. The woman in the original Reaper miniature had wings that I had to use in... another project... so there's a little green-stuff hair on her as well.

LaikatheSpaceDog fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 28, 2014

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Two Yuan Yuan, with her sword being the most obvious example of the Journal

Muyibs

Converted Ghulams

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

Themed Group for the 4 Dire Wolves and the necromancer.

Inquisitor Jurnul on the sword on the Elf Blot thrower crewman.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath Complete!

Here are the Privateer Press guys:

And then the Wyrd miniatures guys who count for themed group,

I also did some NMM for the jurnal. Here's a close up of one of the swords:

and the gunslingers guns, which are supposed to look rusty

I really like NMM and I'm probably going to keep doing it on my Malifaux stuff.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Oath Complete!

Welp, gently caress me.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming Backstory

quote:

It was in the dark days of the Horus Heresy that the Emperor’s only daughter enacted her radical plan to
preserve Mankind. Fearing that civil war and foul Chaos might tear humanity apart, Primarch Lilina took advantage of the strife to erase herself and her followers from the record books, before departing for deep space with a massive fleet of soldier and colonists.

So thus was the Second Imperium born. In her desire to preserve Man, the Empress devoted great resources to recovering the lost knowledge of technology. This doctrine proved an incredible success; Second Imperium technology has greatly improved over the millennia. But that was not all. Through sheer force of will, Empress Lilina convinced her people that not all xenos were automatic enemies. Heresy, perhaps, but the close alliance she forged with the Sa’iin’to Tau has proven most fruitful.

For millennia the Second Imperium, with the cooperation of their Tau allies, concealed their existence from the rest of the galaxy, relying on extensive spy networks to monitor the endless wars. But as the forty-second millennium dawns, the Emperor’s daughter has finished her preparations for her Glorious Revolution.

At the vanguard of destiny strides Captain Sophia Taurus. A great hero, she leads an expedition of Amazon Saints space marines and Sa’iin’to Fire Caste Warriors out of the shadows and into the heart of a galaxy at war.

Like all her sisters, Sophia wields weapons and armor based on a fusion of Second Imperium and Tau technology. Her Terminator armor functions in many ways more like a Tau battlesuit than a traditional Tactical Dreadnought, complete with mobility-enhancing thrusters, and her repeating cannon has replaced chemical propellants with high-power electromagnetic rails.

The woman herself is one of the most honored soldiers of the Second Imperium. By her hand horde upon horde of marauding orks—for even in the depths of hidden space those foul savages prowl---have fallen. Her tactical acumen and mental adaptability are second to none, and her personal martial prowess is the stuff of legends.

Aided by a command team handpicked from both her sisters and the Sa’iin’to cadres, and backed by the faith and technology of two empires, Captain Taurus is poised to shatter the balance of power.

And she is just the first of many...

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete

NMM attempted on the axe heads.

bokbok
Jan 12, 2006

do you like my hat?
So for my first oath I decided to go with magnetising and painting this Warmachine helljack (will be the second model I've ever done)and if that wasn't detrimental to my success enough I also decided I want a yellow army so I've not even finished base coating it :ohdear:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

Journal - Everything on the dwarf and the pyramid on the ship

Speed painting

Gotta be honest, getting pretty tired of the dreadfleet. Next month: fun stuff!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

The Dropzone commander stuff.

The Napoleonic French.

Claiming Fly my flag for the 8 pennants on the French.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Oath failed as I managed to not get my poo poo done before dragoncon ugh

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete
Jurnal is the NMM on the Imperial Aquila

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Claiming NMM oath on.. Uhh. Everything on this model.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

OATH COMPLETE

Inquisitor's journal is clearest on the bolt thrower, but I don't use any metallic paint anyway so any model will do. I'd also like to claim a Themed Group.

Spent about two weeks perplexed as to how to paint the spiders, but they turned out to be more fun than the goblins. I'd figured for sure it would be the other way around.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Under 15 posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Inquisitor's journal is clearest on the bolt thrower, but I don't use any metallic paint anyway so any model will do. I'd also like to claim a Themed Group.

Spent about two weeks perplexed as to how to paint the spiders, but they turned out to be more fun than the goblins. I'd figured for sure it would be the other way around.

Every time I see your orcs I say "yes yes yes!" and do fist pumps and poo poo.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OATH COMPLETE :toot:

Super hero dude. Jurnal is most of this guy due to the faux gold logos and an attempted metallic blue jumpsuit.

Predator - has already seen blood at the WHW goonmeet earlier this week.

Stompa - not 100% happy with this guy, the primer turned slightly fuzzy making it absorb a bunch of paint, making the yellow come out a lot more sepia than normal after washing. I may re-highlight this later if I can be bothered.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
About an hour and a half before the deadline, folks! Let's see those completed Oaths!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

About an hour and a half before the deadline, folks! Let's see those completed Oaths!

There are 31 days in August :ssh:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
drat timezones!

Of course I meant 25.5 hours at the time of that post.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

Welp, looks like my Space Wolves have gone and fallen to Chaos. I would like to claim Themed Group on these guys as they are a squad of foul pirates now.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Oath Complete!

Ze Panzers roll in, voom voom! One Sd. Kfz. 222 (ICM), one Panzer II (Tamiya).

A German soldier stays safe between these armoured behemoths for size comparison. These tiny slightly armoured clunkers ain't the Tiger tanks you've heard of!

German squad #1 (Warlord Games). A German WW2 squad, especially in the early war like this, would normally be like this: one LMG (MG34) with three crew, of which two are loaders. One NCO, that's the guy with the submachine gun. 6 riflemen with bolt action rifles. The single MG34 is about as deadly as the rest of the entire squad!

German early war squad #2.

I even got a game of Chain of Command in this month!

Edited since the pics were way smaller than I though.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 31, 2014

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Do I see some converted USMC arms?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Do I see some converted USMC arms?

In mine? No, it's pretty much straight up from the Warlord Games Early War German kit. There are a few heads and I think four torsos and an arm or two from the Warlord Games Late German kit. The latter is a decidedly worse kit than their early war kit. But I think their USMC kit came out about the same time, so it could be quite similar.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

This was my first time attempting to take pictures outside in natural light, and I didn't "get" shadows, and then my camera died. So, that's why there are shadows and I haven't retaken the pictures.

I'm really happy with the ice/snow base; I bought some liquitex black lava (which doesn't seem to be the same as vallejo's black lava) to replace the glue and sand bases I'd been using, and it didn't have enough texture to do grass to match my other models, so I decided to just try going for ice. I used ceremite white as a base, then applied some blue glaze, then drybrushed the white back on it and I love it. By far the easiest base I've ever done, and I know exactly how I'll base my space wolves and probably any new eldar I do.

Claiming Journal for the inquisitor's cyber arm panel, bolt pistol and force sword blade. I think it came out much better than last year's inquisitor!
Claiming Double the fun for also doing some OSL on the stormraven's headlights (and accidentally on the eyes of the pilots I suppose).
Also claiming In Battle for the inquisitor charging down the Stormraven's boarding ramp and blasting Lord Of Texas's wonderfully painted farseer.

Attempting Box Art for the stormtalon, although I used different decal positions and weapon options so I dunno if it will count:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

drgnvale posted:

Box Art for the stormtalon, although I used different decal positions and weapon options so I dunno if it will count:

That's fine for Box Art!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Manufactorum, two Honour Guards and one Orc Warboss. All models 28mm GW.

Oath complete!

The journal is the warboss' axe. It's pretty basic, but I'm pretty pleased with it. It was surprisingly easy to paint.

Also, claiming Fly your flag! Since I'm playing Relictors, whose whole gimmick is using Chaos against itself, I thought it would be suitable for my guys to waving Chaotic banner instead of an Imperial one.

Also also, I claim speedpaint for the Manufactorum. I got it finished within 24 hours of the initial oath, but forget to post the picture back then.

I'm feeling pumped for September's theme, now that we're through with the ones I find the hardest, OSL and NMM.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Journal is the pistol and rifle - hope I pulled it off OK!

Not sure if this counts as a Themed Group or not - hell, I'm not sure if that counts more than once.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
Also claiming themed group

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'll have to declare Oath Failed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm declaring Oath Failed, some reasons including volcano.

• Locked thread