Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Damascus404
Oct 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

That could have been prevented if they just installed Project M.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

TaurusOxford posted:

That could have been prevented if they just installed Project M.

Project M doesn't have Wario's Bike so nah

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JordanKai posted:

What.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

JordanKai posted:

quintessential wario move thats been in every wario game > wario bike

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wario's Bike is a really bad move competitive-wise so they replaced it with his more iconic shoulder charge, which gets a power bonus depending on how long he's running.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

bef posted:

Counterargument: Running people over with a motorcycle > nostalgia. It's a better Wario for a better world.

EDIT: Does Wario-Man still have it? Because removing the superbike is a true crime.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

bef posted:

That's a wrong opinion.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That's a wrong opinion.

I love the bike but his PM side-b is excellent, although punishable.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Junkie Disease posted:

This is true it should be spelled Earthbound 3.
Have you speeds even debated the deeper meanings yet? Like why it's called Earthbound or Mother 2.

I literally always assumed it was Mother as in like "Mother Earth"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well iunno about the first game but 'Mother' fits earthbound because Giygas literally looks like a fetus and you go back in time to kill him as a baby and all and in Mother 3 your mom dies at the start and that kicks the plot into motion so that works too

EDIT: Oh, googling says the name was taken from this john lennon song

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Wario's Bike is a really bad move competitive-wise so they replaced it with his more iconic shoulder charge, which gets a power bonus depending on how long he's running.

Yeah, but it isn't a motorcycle.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

John Lee posted:

F. Lobot fails again, clearly he hasn't been reading the Dual Destinies thread on this very forum.

Huh? Everyone there calls it 'Investigations 2', or 'Miles Edgeworth 2', or 'AAI2', or something that lines up with the western naming scheme.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Does Wario-Man still have it? Because removing the superbike is a true crime.

I wish. I've brought it up with the team and they said they'd consider it since Final Smashes don't affect competitive play.

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 31, 2014

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

I don't get how Wario's bike was lauded as his competitive saving grace in Brawl (could bust it up and have amazing access to projectiles) but Project M fans unanimously celebrate that it was abolished

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I thought the bike was considered competitively good because it gives him great horizontal recovery? Some vertical I thought too.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus Christ, F. Lobot. Are you still mad that the new games are called Dragon Quest instead of warrior? Localization is weird and it changes sometimes.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

Jesus Christ, F. Lobot. Are you still mad that the new games are called Dragon Quest instead of warrior? Localization is weird and it changes sometimes.

I see you guys have moved past a poo poo topic... Not in my house!

Wario's Bike going is because he represents his Wario Land self there.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't like Project M, but the Shoulder Charge is sacred while the motorcycle is bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good enough to make a webcomic about it for six years/10 :unsmith:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I thought Wario had his shoulder charge in Brawl as his dashing attack.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Moriatti posted:

Wario's Bike going is because he represents his Wario Land self there.

So Project M represents an alternate universe where equal yet opposite poor design decisions hang equally in the balance

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

project M is bad because it got rid of a move that let a character pull a loving hog out of nowhere, ride on it, do wheelies on it, and eat it

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Tbh Project M was really fun when I played it at a con and I've been meaning to check it out, I'm just messin

If Smash 4 Wario doesn't have his O.G. clothes as an alt again I'll be really upset

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really liked the motorcycle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZ4YGAXNyg

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I thought Wario had his shoulder charge in Brawl as his dashing attack.

It didn't work like in the games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This dude is way cooler than I'll ever be.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I don't get how Wario's bike was lauded as his competitive saving grace in Brawl (could bust it up and have amazing access to projectiles) but Project M fans unanimously celebrate that it was abolished

It's not good game design for a character to revolve around one particular move. Furthermore, the Bike was good in Brawl because it gave him great defensive keepaway options, and an amazing recovery. Project M wanted to reward offense more than defense, and recoveries are weaker (meaning earlier kills), so the bike didn't really fit with the rest of the game. It was also quite buggy.

Still, the loss of the bike meant the loss of some character. They should really give it to Warioman.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The motorcycle is a side effect of his Warioware outfit. Boo Warioware outfit. Yay Wario Land. Yay shoulder charge. Thank you for reading

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
if you were put in charge of picking one character to get a completely revamped or brand new moveset what would YOU do differently

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Same

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wario Ware made Wario less cool.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Vroom, vroom! Whoops, he dropped it! Now he is throwing the pieces of it at you! Haha, yup, it was good, the motorcyle.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Excels posted:

if you were put in charge of picking one character to get a completely revamped or brand new moveset what would YOU do differently

I would just take this and make it official:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeM6DsrjDtY

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Excels posted:

Make Ike's final smash the greil mercenaries instead of great aether

these dudes

i linked the jp audio instead of the dub because you don't wanna hear the dub

anyawy that's my post, thanks for reading

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wario's bike provided an unfair and injustice to the competetive scene therefore it needed to be excavated and replaced with a less competitively impactful move, nullifying and mitigating the manchildren from whining dining and crying. Furthermore and hereth unto thyselfith, Wario-san was alas lost to the ages. Lastly and finally, verily, I am a virgin lest in eternia el gato

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Excels posted:

Combine Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer into Rotom with form changes

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

You know what's more tragic about PM Wario? The up-B that he'll never have.

a reddit AMA posted:

One example of a change we made but decided not to implement was a re-made Wario Up-B inspired by the pole-vaulting in Wario Land: Shake It!. It was fully functional. On starting the Up-B, Wario's vertical momentum would halt and a pole would appear for him to spin on. You could "charge it" by either manually going up and down on the control stick or simply rotating it, and he would spin similarly to how he does in the video I linked on launch. On landing, he had a nice little "stick" animation. Discussion went on over the liberal use of Hammerspace and the unnecessary modifying of an already well-functioning character in the game for the purpose of adding flair (this was shortly after 2.6 and before 2.6b). Eventually we decided that, even though many of us liked the change, the personality it added to Wario wasn't worth further saturating his character with smash-weird concepts.

Again, they should give this to Warioman.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

F. Lobot posted:

The Bike was good in Brawl because it gave him great defensive keepaway options, and an amazing recovery. Project M wanted to reward offense more than defense, and recoveries are weaker (meaning earlier kills), so the bike didn't really fit with the rest of the game. It was also quite buggy.

Still, the loss of the bike meant the loss of some character. They should really give it to Warioman.

Understandable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Remove the motorcycle, replace it with the Wario Badwagon.

• Locked thread