Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Soylentbits posted:

Is there any way to interpret that picture nonsexually? I'm struggling to come up with the scenario that ended with them on a bed and Hori's hand on Kashima's rear as he readies himself to bite her leg. I'm thinking tragi-romantic zombie play.

...he's about to suck the venom out of a snakebite?

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tanuki making Top 10 on both lists, gj Japan

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Soylentbits posted:

Is there any way to interpret that picture nonsexually? I'm struggling to come up with the scenario that ended with them on a bed and Hori's hand on Kashima's rear as he readies himself to bite her leg. I'm thinking tragi-romantic zombie play.

Not really. But if it helps you judge, here's a better version of that shot.

Bonus Mikorin for the ladieees. Also some dudes.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 29, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That pictures makes no sense at all. Hori should be the one in the dress.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

vibratingsheep posted:

A significant portion of the audience is female, and you can't underestimate the power of their BL vibe.

Also, Kashima has her puppycute moments when she isn't being an utter moron. Image from the latest chapter:

-snip-

Wait which chapter is this from?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
The one that came out in Japan, like, yesterday. :v:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Everything about this is literal perfection.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

John Carstairs posted:

The one that came out in Japan, like, yesterday. :v:

Speaking of:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gekkan-Shojo-Nozaki-kun/Ch-054-Read-Online?id=206676

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Oh my god Kashima

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013
Every single chapter of this should be animated.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The return of the second heroine, Umeko.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Too good for words.

The only thing that can match it is that the full opening was released a few days ago. Seriously the best OP this season (although Aldnoah's "poo poo's going down" song/ED is pretty great).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nondevor posted:

Too good for words.

The only thing that can match it is that the full opening was released a few days ago. Seriously the best OP this season (although Aldnoah's "poo poo's going down" song/ED is pretty great).

Dat sax.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Episode 9 is up on Crunchyroll.

The screaming while running through the rain in this episode is perfect.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Miyako drawing Nozaki in a Tanuki suit and Chiyo's reaction was easily the best part of all this.

Entire episode owned really.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Every episode of this anime owns and gives me life.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Every episode of this anime owns and gives me life.

Yes. Also this episode has made me question who is more oblivious between Nozaki and Seo. I am not sure it is a question that can be answered.

I'm happy to see that we're going to get some of the misunderstandings of Miyako's friends, too.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 31, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

Yes. Also this episode has made me question who is more oblivious between Nozaki and Seo. I am not sure it is a question that can be answered.

Nozaki is more oblivious to love. Seo might be going out with a guy who claims to hate her, but consider the way he acts: It's only rational to assume he's in love with Seo.

Seo, however, is more oblivious to everything else. Nozaki at least occasionally knows what's going on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not sure I'd say Nozaki is oblivious exactly, he's just so completely focused on his manga that he doesn't think to think about anything else.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Yessssss the next ep is the movie :D :D :D

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I need a screencap of Sakura's face right before the ED. Also some good text to go with it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

AfroSquirrel posted:

I need a screencap of Sakura's face right before the ED. Also some good text to go with it.

This one?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"Please treat your posts more seriously."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

Yessssss the next ep is the movie :D :D :D

Seo is my favorite character and I cannot wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VjBbYtMTQ0

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 1, 2014

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

paragon1 posted:

"Please treat your posts more seriously."

Beautiful.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Image needs to be horizontally flipped of course

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Can someone make a .gif of the second halftime transition? It's really mesmerizing...

I really liked the rain scenes because of how it shows umbrella scenes in shoujo not necessarily working in real life. Although I tend to like it more since it's the direct prequel to my favorite chapter ever. Yuzuki and Waka :woop:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'll never understand how everyone in this show is the best character at the same time.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I know right?

I'm kinda set on Chiyo though, and totally know her young, unrequited love. So cute and nostalgic :allears:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I think it's because all the characters have their own distinctive believable core. Then on top of that, they're all completely nuts. Everyone has depth and everyone gets to be hilarious in their own ways.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Wittgen posted:

I think it's because all the characters have their own distinctive believable core. Then on top of that, they're all completely nuts. Everyone has depth and everyone gets to be hilarious in their own ways.

I agree. Except Waka. His falling asleep schtick is the one place that goes too far for me. It's a really small nitpick, though.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Potsticker posted:

I agree. Except Waka. His falling asleep schtick is the one place that goes too far for me. It's a really small nitpick, though.

Yeah, that gag can be a little hit or miss, but I also think he's too compliant with his upperclassmen. He's such a dope that he looks up to Mikoshiba and his advice about girls. :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Potsticker posted:

Him trying to reenact stuff he's read in shoujo manga (and I guess books/magazines) is totally believable though.

Totally believable... :negative:

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Wittgen posted:

For me it's kinda like Working!! in that respect. Without the whole "taking half a season to get into it's groove" part.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Chiyo is kind of funny because she's crazy short with huge eyes whereas every other character has a squintier look and more "heroic" body proportions.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

I'll never understand how everyone in this show is the best character at the same time.

Everyone but Maeno. :colbert:

StandardVC10 posted:

Chiyo is kind of funny because she's crazy short with huge eyes whereas every other character has a squintier look and more "heroic" body proportions.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This week on Nozaki-kun mikorin goes feral! :ohdear:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Still the best drat character. I get the feeling she and Momoka from Sabagebu would get along great.

Wakamatsu also somehow manages to be even dopier and more pathetic than in the manga.

This episode is the best one yet.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 7, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Mikorin is the best cat in this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

The episode was low on Chiyofaces, but great on every other count, so I forgive it. It helps that it was great.