Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DatonKallandor posted:

Well if that's reason enough I want an Akula (Railgun Stealth Drone Tank). Or Invisible-Giant-Ospreys-that-carry-Tanks.

UH WE CALL IT THE "V-44"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Scikar posted:

One thing I've never seen answered: why does the Spetz RPO have twice the suppression of any other napalm rockets? In practice it kind of evens out in combat because they have the RPK, but if that gets buffed in an MG rebalance and they keep their ability to stunlock enemy infantry they are going to get ridiculous.

The others fire faster and have a higher DPS. The difference used to be more noticeable before napalm launchers got repeatedly nerfed into the ground however.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Out of curiosity, do we know if any new DLC or patches are set to add more multi maps?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
There's a dude in the units thread on their forums that threatened to have the entire Russian community quit the game because no S-300.

Talk about a win/win.

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
Lmao, genuine, non-whiny topics about the Patriot (started by notorious NATO fanboys no less) are being merged into the whine threads and then locked by MadMat.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mazz posted:

There's a dude in the units thread on their forums that threatened to have the entire Russian community quit the game because no S-300.

Talk about a win/win.

Yessss

Was it MotorStrelok90?

I called him a vatnik yesterday in the offtopic forums when he was being a poo poo-head, and he said "Thats pretty much the same as calling a black a friend of the family. I would punch you in the teeth IRL!"

It was glorious.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Mazz posted:

Talk about a win/win.

I'm sure this would turn out exactly like the MW2 Boycott.

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
A German fanboy is accusing me of being Vasily in disguise. The paranoia is hilarious.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
But there are no Russians playing wargame, they are all just Ukrainian separatists.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I can't get over how every patch is like some sort of new space-anime season with ever-increasingly OP poo poo being added in. You'd think at this rate eventually they will add railgun ships and BigDog squads armed with Mk19s and .50s. Just like the jump from ALB to RD, what were once basically endgame bosses (2A4s and T-80Us) are now rolling around in 4-blocks and relatively not as dangerous. And now we are getting a patch adding in super-SAMs and a super-IFV for a nation with already the strongest mechanized force in the game. When are they gonna add some dumb scrub-tier units, like giving the M35 back to the US or US guardsmen armed with M14s and LAWs.

Imagine taking a modern RD deck and all its units back to a beta ALB match.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

I can't get over how every patch is like some sort of new space-anime season with ever-increasingly OP poo poo being added in. You'd think at this rate eventually they will add railgun ships and BigDog squads armed with Mk19s and .50s. Just like the jump from ALB to RD, what were once basically endgame bosses (2A4s and T-80Us) are now rolling around in 4-blocks and relatively not as dangerous. And now we are getting a patch adding in super-SAMs and a super-IFV for a nation with already the strongest mechanized force in the game. When are they gonna add some dumb scrub-tier units, like giving the M35 back to the US or US guardsmen armed with M14s and LAWs.

Imagine taking a modern RD deck and all its units back to a beta ALB match.

Eugen should just go ahead and make a Wargame set in 2060 or something. Then they can just add in whatever they think is cool without having to worry about realism.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Agean90 posted:

Eugen should just go ahead and make a Wargame set in 2060 or something. Then they can just add in whatever they think is cool without having to worry about realism.

Tom Clancy's Advanced Wargame?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Hazamuth posted:

Tom Clancy's Advanced Wargame?

They've had pretty bad experiences with Ubisoft already, so that's unlikely. Act of Aggression looks like Wargame 2030 though.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Agean90 posted:

You don't seriously believe that sci-fi nerds would be any better, do you? If anything, they'll be worse, between the "railguns can not accelerate beyond 8 km/s, this game is physically UNREALISTIC"-crowd and the "I read an article about <concept> so we should totally have heat-seeking asteroids as a deployable unit, it's only realistic"-group.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Insert something here about how to calculate the energy in star destroyer lasers by the asteroids getting blown up in Empire Strikes Back.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
To be fair about the Marder 2, it really should have been in from release. One of the most notable omissions of any unit in the game, up there with the M2 ADATS as a unit that was ready for production before the wall fell.

The side fact that PGrens and Marder Is are way too cheap isn't really connected to that.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 31, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mazz posted:

To be fair about the Marder 2, it really should have been in from release. One of the most notable omissions of any unit in the game, up there with the M2 ADATS as a unit that was ready for production before the wall fell.

Agreed absolutely.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
What do people do with Commonwealth infantry? It kind of forces you to play heli rush because you have all these 300kph transport copters and pretty underwhelming land transport (the IFVs look alright but the RD battleground is not the place for ten point line infantry).

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mazz posted:

The side fact that PGrens and Marder Is are way too cheap isn't really connected to that.

Yeah it's not like there are any other nations that are desperately hurting for some units from the eighties's or nineties to replace stuff from the sixties.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Arglebargle III posted:

Yeah it's not like there are any other nations that are desperately hurting for some units from the eighties's or nineties to replace stuff from the sixties.

Which? And which that fit in their insane time frame? The Type 96/98 is the only big one I've ever seen talked about. Which I agree is right up there with the Marder 2.

EDIT: And the Javelin, but we've been down that road multiple times before and the devs actually get mad when it's brought up at this point.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 31, 2014

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

If there's a nato country that needs an updated IFV, it's not Germany. France could use that 1990s IFV family a lot more than Germany needs more better Marders.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Arglebargle III posted:

If there's a nato country that needs an updated IFV, it's not Germany. France could use that 1990s IFV family a lot more than Germany needs more better Marders.

But that French 90s IFV does not exist. If it did then yes, I'd agree.

Just because PGrens are too good doesn't really justify omitting a very real asset to the German deck. It means you should fix the price of that infantry.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

What do people do with Commonwealth infantry? It kind of forces you to play heli rush because you have all these 300kph transport copters and pretty underwhelming land transport (the IFVs look alright but the RD battleground is not the place for ten point line infantry).

Strong helo assault, obviously, and I've had some success backing that up with the Aussie flame infantry, commandos in LAVs, and UK or CAN line inf to get the IFV. But you're right, they don't get good infantry-transport pairings on the ground.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
I disagree about commonwealth having bad transports. Canadian Bison are pretty nice. I'll grant you their IFVs aren't much to phone home over though.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
They have fast transports, I like the ASLAV as well but once they drop off their dudes they aren't useful for much with an M2.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
The soluion to bad Commenwealth infantry is to play West Germany. The Brits do make a mean armored deck, though.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I just tried a NATO mech deck, Marders and 9040s side by side :sweden:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mazz posted:

But that French 90s IFV does not exist. If it did then yes, I'd agree.

Just because PGrens are too good doesn't really justify omitting a very real asset to the German deck. It means you should fix the price of that infantry.

There's undoubtedly some improved package they could put in as "AMX-10P '90" if they wanted. Though, wouldn't a better buff to France's mechanized-assault capability (insofar as it needs a buff) be to give them some 15-20pt shock Pgrens equivalent that can come in -10Ps? Or make Chas '90 more useful in cities (CQC gun?). I suppose the equivalent for Commonwealth would be giving Canadian Airborne or Highlanders access to the TH495.

sgnl05
Jan 16, 2007
Lurker

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I like fusiliers 90, perhaps in warriors. With all the tanks round these days having access to plenty of high AP RPGs for a reasonable price is no bad thing. Players aren't really shy about driving their heavy tanks into forests any more, because they know that they can afford to trip over a couple of squads armed with low end RPGs or a special forces squad with a good RPG and still do a bit of damage before backing out to repair. But with fusiliers 90 you can afford to have several squads with good RPGs without breaking the bank, which presents tanks with much more of a problem. They're not the most cost effective squad for fighting other infantry, but they can do it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Having an IFV with Leopard 2 levels of armor is going to be hilarious.

I'm still mad about Scandinavia not getting Leopard 2s though, especially now that they won't even have the best IFVs.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

I'm still mad about Scandinavia not getting Leopard 2s though, especially now that they won't even have the best IFVs.

I wouldn't be too mad about this :)

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

OctaMurk posted:

I wouldn't be too mad about this :)

Do you know something the rest of us don't, Vasily?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hob_Gadling posted:

Do you know something the rest of us don't, Vasily?

:eyepop:

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Can we discuss detailed leaks from the Scandi DLC here?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

TsarZiedonis posted:

Where were they leaked? Word of mouth or a forum?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

TsarZiedonis posted:

no we cant otherwise the eugen police will come and ban your account from EugenNet

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

no we cant otherwise the eugen police will come and ban your account from EugenNet

This is true also you are under arrest!!!!

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Just a reliable source. Anyways, the Swedes are going to rock a Leo 2A4 with modern ammo and FCS. It'll be hella sweet, and give them a heavy on par with at least the Leclerc.

I was just worried about getting people in trouble, is all.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Figured something like that. They'd be the only coalition without a heavy tank otherwise, and that'd be hella stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

TsarZiedonis posted:

Just a reliable source. Anyways, the Swedes are going to rock a Leo 2A4 with modern ammo and FCS. It'll be hella sweet, and give them a heavy on par with at least the Leclerc.

I was just worried about getting people in trouble, is all.

now you really went and did it!!!! gas thread ban op

• Locked thread