Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody on today? I can play my 5 iksar monk Xujan or my 7 wood elf ranger Sietlan. Also hoping to get both guilded today so that I can better communicate with folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

Siets posted:

Anybody on today? I can play my 5 iksar monk Xujan or my 7 wood elf ranger Sietlan. Also hoping to get both guilded today so that I can better communicate with folks.

If you log on check for me, I'll be on Buane. I can guild you anywhere really (except Kunark).

Not many on this morning, we're more of a night owl kind of group I guess.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Hmm. I'm thinking of rerolling iksar, but not sure which class. I played a necro on eqmac and liked it enough, but thinking of giving SK a shot. Thoughts?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nwin posted:

Hmm. I'm thinking of rerolling iksar, but not sure which class. I played a necro on eqmac and liked it enough, but thinking of giving SK a shot. Thoughts?

I'm almost able to make cured silk armor on my iksar monk. Some guy donated me 50 plat so I'm putting it into tradeskills to help gear folks. I can make cured silk for you soon if you want to roll monk, otherwise SKs are apparently the hot poo poo in PvP and can serve a tank role in groups.

As for necro I would advise against it. Soloing is horribly boring and I don't know how I was able to do it up to 38 on mine on blue.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
We have a bunch of lizards that are low level still, but I don't think we have any necros. If you want to be unique, go with that!

Nobody solos on this server. Necro DPS would be a fine addition to what are already insane leveling groups. The only issue you'll run into as a caster is leveling too fast to afford any of your spells, in which case people in the guild should be making decent coin soon enough to hook you up with that.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Siets posted:

I'm almost able to make cured silk armor on my iksar monk. Some guy donated me 50 plat so I'm putting it into tradeskills to help gear folks. I can make cured silk for you soon if you want to roll monk, otherwise SKs are apparently the hot poo poo in PvP and can serve a tank role in groups.

As for necro I would advise against it. Soloing is horribly boring and I don't know how I was able to do it up to 38 on mine on blue.

Yeah I've never been much of a soloer, even though I got a necro to 65-I did 95% of it grouping.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Necros are incredible in group especially at the low level. Pets are about as strong as same level mobs up until like, 29+, and mobs are stronger than naked players by an order of magnitude.

Necros are fantastic in groups. Mages are fantastic in groups. This is classic, remember how broken pet classes were. The only reason you maybe thought they weren't good in groups at the time is because they often wouldn't bother with groups because they were so amazing.

I'd love to have some necros in the guild. Remember, if you're the only necro, you get all the necro loot!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Alright, I'll keep with the necro for a while. In as Cukest in FoB for a while!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I've been wanting to get back into this. I guess I'll roll an Iksar, not sure what class.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Arven posted:

I've been wanting to get back into this. I guess I'll roll an Iksar, not sure what class.

Let us know name/class when you get the chance, you might be abble to hook up with Cukest/other dudes

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Let us know name/class when you get the chance, you might be abble to hook up with Cukest/other dudes

Rolled a Shadowknight named Skeetru

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I'll be rolling around Qeynos on my 5 wiz Rizen today if anyone wants some lowbie fun.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

shirunei posted:

I'll be rolling around Qeynos on my 5 wiz Rizen today if anyone wants some lowbie fun.

Oh man, i hate starting in Qeynos so drat much

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
FYI Punchguy can make Heady Kiola and cured silk, I spent all my leveling money on it. I can't actually afford to donate any though because I spent all my leveling money on it.

Trade skilling in this game is pretty much the worst imaginable thing.

Lizards currently have no Necros or Warriors if you want to snow-flake.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Troll posted:

FYI Punchguy can make Heady Kiola and cured silk, I spent all my leveling money on it. I can't actually afford to donate any though because I spent all my leveling money on it.

There were several lizards playing earlier looking for guild invites, if you're around.

And if you're going to War, PLEASE consider rolling Ogre. The advantages are really, really, really worth it.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I guess I can try rolling an ogre warr. In as Sexyface. Ofc I have never been to the ogre city so I have no idea how to get to FoB.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 31, 2014

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

ShadowMoo posted:

I guess I can try rolling an ogre warr. In as Sexyface. Ofc I have never been to the ogre city so I have no idea how to get to FoB.

Oh boy, yeah this is the real trick. I mean, don't make yourself miserable just to be an ogre. But especially now, Iksar warriors can't even wear plate so that + all the bonuses ogres get maybe makes it worth not being a lizard.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Troll posted:

How did you level the tailoring side? Leveling brewing is quite easy if a bit boring. Did you just grind spiders for silk to make swatches? Or is there something else I can craft via merchant goods?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Siets posted:

How did you level the tailoring side? Leveling brewing is quite easy if a bit boring. Did you just grind spiders for silk to make swatches? Or is there something else I can craft via merchant goods?

Hhahahhaah merchant goods + crafting + everquest, good joke

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

PL session happening in Oasis currently, low-mid teens

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 31, 2014

Troll
Jan 15, 2012

Siets posted:

The spiders in field drop unusually large amounts of silk. I just pull all 5-7 spawns and explode them all with monk swagger. 20 silk. They can drop 2-6 per kill. I'm no where near trivial on cured silk, my hand gets tired just doing 10 combines. Think I'm at 45.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
I'll log on either my 17 Gnecro (Minamata) in Faydwer or my 17 Iksar SK in Cabilis (Minamatan) if anyone wants to party it up tonight around 11 EST .

EDIT: Changed my mind, logged on now, sleep later.

Hoppy Goodness fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 31, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ShadowMoo posted:

There's a druid ring in the Feerroootttt

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I'll be on my 10 druid in field of bone for a few hours, if you have a low level iksar get on!!!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

HEY VAPER posted:

I'll be on my 10 druid in field of bone for a few hours, if you have a low level iksar get on!!!

Wait for me! I just got home. What's the druid's name again?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

hopping on in FoB as Cukest, level 8 necro

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Siets posted:

Hardon. We're in kurns right now.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Siets posted:

Where are you? Buffing these fools but you're gonna miss the gravy train

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

onesixtwo posted:

PL session happening in Oasis currently, low-mid teens

I think we took people from 7-9 to 18-20. There will be more of these as demand calls, and when I get my singing steel bracer shits gonna be insane.

*edit* got my SS bracers. gently caress yeah, 3 stacking DSs

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 1, 2014

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

I Love You! posted:

Where are you? Buffing these fools but you're gonna miss the gravy train

Thanks for the help :)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ginette Reno I are still messing around with what we're going to mainly play leaning towards a Bard and Shaman right now due to strange long held desires

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Kurns group is going strong with room in it if anyone has a level 15-20 ish lizard :)

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
anyone on around Freeport tonight? I could use a guild invite. Troll warrior named Greenskin

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

cmdrk posted:

anyone on around Freeport tonight? I could use a guild invite. Troll warrior named Greenskin

Talk to Kean or Yevea/Yavea however you spell it if you haven't figured it out yet, I think they could port you to wherever.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
On as Seba right now, trying to get a guild invite and group. 13 wiz in cb

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
I'm gonna roll up tonight, probably a chanter!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Went from 10 to 15 in Kurn's Tower on my lizard monk in less than an hour. Goon guild best guild. :swoon:

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery
I'll join in on this fun on Red as Nameless the Dark Elf Wizard whenever someone is around that can invite. I will be in the EC/Nektulos area for the next few days probably, at least tonight/tomorrow.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I eat baby skin posted:

I'll join in on this fun on Red as Nameless the Dark Elf Wizard whenever someone is around that can invite. I will be in the EC/Nektulos area for the next few days probably, at least tonight/tomorrow.

i found your bard friend, it took 3 levels of PLing before we found out he was your friend and a goon. log in and get your tag!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...
Wow I've been reading this thread and it bring back decade's old nostalgia.

I'm in as Themountain, Ogre SK.

• Locked thread