Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

The Brown Menace posted:

they are currently all in the same 4chan thread, must be the coincidence of a lifetime. also feel free to give me poo poo for going to 4chan, which has raised 40 thousand US dollars for a feminist charity

Aren't they just doing what people did for Anita's Kickstarter and just giving them money out of spite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Bull Runner posted:

You had those pictures saved for months, you dumb loser.

If you're in this thread at all you're a dumb loser, at least he's a dumb loser with appropriate images.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

lovely Wizard posted:

If you're on this website at all you're a dumb loser, at least he's a dumb loser with appropriate images.

https://twitter.com/ckunzelman/status/506099310225018880

seeing this stuff pop up on my twitter all week is making me sick.

capital G Gamers.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Hobo Grandpa posted:

I think that's the biggest disconnect in this narrative. I don't think anyone is supporting the idea that death threats (real ones) and misogyny are OK. Except trolls. It's all a loving straw man. But people are too busy spewing vitriol on both sides to actually accept any of the logical arguments.

except people who aren't spewing vitriol are being lumped in with the ones who are and the ones who are are the ones who always do that kind of stupid poo poo on twitter.

it also wouldnt have gotten this out of hand if there wasnt a massive attempt to supress the less vitriol version of the events we wouldnt have so many so angry about it in any direction other than the people involved and the people who would want that kind of thing to end. what brought the seedier element into it was the fact that attempts to put it on more stable environments were completely blocked and anyone who questioned the validity of the claims was harassed and made to look like scum for asking proper questions

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

The Brown Menace posted:

please tell me how i am bigoted for pointing out the irony of a white male pointing out, in one of his opinions, that white males having an opinion is a bad thing (implied, unless you are deliberately oblivious)

in the meantime, have moviebob's non-apology

you might learn a weasel thing or two from him

Questioning his sexuality in order to attack him? No not bigotted at all. Keep on keepin' on, warrior for oppressed boys everywhere.

Nion posted:

Unless the people doing the behavior are on the "right" side, of course. Then, calling people subhuman slime or doxxing them is completely fine.

Nope. Doxxing is not okay.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Aatrek should have just been left alone.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Brown Menace posted:

they are currently all in the same 4chan thread, must be the coincidence of a lifetime. also feel free to give me poo poo for going to 4chan, which has raised 40 thousand US dollars for a feminist charity

Sorry, you hang out with a bunch of dumb losers.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

literally worse than the hitler youth

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lobster Harmonica posted:

That video was literally a proof of concept for "a game where you play as a girl for once :rolleyes:" because her awareness of video games extends to Super Mario Bros 1 and hyperbolic accounts of GTA

pretty much. whats sad is i read her and her producers twitters during e3, all they did was complain how violent games were and how white people were in them. she bitched about a womans head on a pike in the AC unity demo. a few weeks ago, anita was bitching about how sexist and violent saints row was.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I still don't understand how that parody twitter account gets people so angry.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Pyronic posted:

it's twitter a place for people who can't handle more than 140 characters.

Their world is just like "Hey do you like puppies? (y/n)?

(misses all the stuff about it's actually a campaign to fund a puppy mill)

Then they get enraged that people are saying the campaign is disgusting.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Aren't they just doing what people did for Anita's Kickstarter and just giving them money out of spite?

you'll be surprised to hear this but large parts of 4chan are predominantly female (/cgl/, /soc/, /co/, /fa/, /cm/, /hm/ etc) and they are also into video games. the current pitch on /v/ for TYFC isn't "lol gently caress zoe and anita lets piss on their cornflakes, support this" but rather "ignore the fakes and pitch in money for actual feminist causes" and this poo poo is included in every official OP related to the topic

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

I still don't understand how that parody twitter account gets people so angry.

people are dumb, and poe's law, i guess

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pyronic posted:

https://twitter.com/ckunzelman/status/506099310225018880

capital G Gamers.

quote:

and probably spent their teens making fun of people who play videogames

this, like every other instance of games & gamers being poo poo, loops back to ostracized geeks who are made fun of for wasting their time on toys instead of being cool athletic or cool smart dudes

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

anyway a UK-based right-wing (gasp) LGBT guy throws his hat into the ring

which results in

the general SJW take on it:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The anime avatars from the SJ side always make me laugh.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So, who's winning the great war?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blackheart posted:

So, who's winning the great war?

everyone who isn't following a near-300 page thread against a cuckstress

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

did the anime avs actually change? the tweets are the same

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Brown Menace posted:

you'll be surprised to hear this but large parts of 4chan are predominantly female (/cgl/, /soc/, /co/, /fa/, /cm/, /hm/ etc) and they are also into video games. the current pitch on /v/ for TYFC isn't "lol gently caress zoe and anita lets piss on their cornflakes, support this" but rather "ignore the fakes and pitch in money for actual feminist causes" and this poo poo is included in every official OP related to the topic

I thought all of 4chan was predominantly female.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Brown Menace posted:

It kind of hurts the sjw narrative to admit that the opposition actually does way more tangible things to help women than they do. That's the thing though, internet social justice isn't about progress it's just something to feel morally superior about.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

:ironicat:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Ok I'll be back when one side has been destroyed, ideally both.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Bull Runner posted:

I thought all of 4chan was predominantly female.

are you just gonna pretend you do not understand the very basic concept of averages

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Neurolimal posted:

maybe you can ignore all the bad stuff these people are doing by pretending it's zoe

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
someone work on a chart showing the ratio of funny pictures and jokes to rage against the matriarchy itt tia

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

This is so hilarious. Those drat nerds sitting alone at home playing video games are oppressing us! Let's kill them all!

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
I think trying to 'reclaim the anime avatars' has backfired slightly, and now they have become what they feared most. People with anime avatars that pick fights on twitter.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
anime, like games and gamers, suck turds

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Neurolimal posted:

someone work on a chart showing the ratio of funny pictures and jokes to rage against the matriarchy itt tia

Your posts alone make the ratio < 1.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Supernorn posted:

I think trying to 'reclaim the anime avatars' has backfired slightly, and now they have become what they feared most. People with anime avatars that pick fights on twitter.

This is the best part of the whole thing they have become what they are screaming the "gamers" have done to them

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So now a Wikipedia admin has not only deleted anything in Zoe Quinn's article remotely negative about her, he has also deleted the history logs of what editors were writing so that it can't be recovered:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Zoe_Quinn&action=history

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

You needed to quit 4 pages ago.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Brown Menace posted:

are you just gonna pretend you do not understand the very basic concept of averages

I don't how this relates to you being wrong but sure.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

You needed to quit 4 pages ago.

was there a point in this thread were people did funny things instead of dancing over finally finding the holy grail, a Lady Developer Who Is An rear end in a top hat

'cause everyone should have quit <number of pages ago that was> ago

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
can someone explain what reclaimanimeavatars or whatever is

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

There's 1230 users browsing SA, are we being invaded by SJW

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

This thread had 200 more posts
Now only a short time later 800 more posts

good lord you like to say cuck

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Neurolimal posted:

And how many posts do you have in Games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

was there a point in this thread were people did funny things instead of dancing over finally finding the holy grail, a Lady Developer Who Is An rear end in a top hat

'cause everyone should have quit <number of pages ago that was> ago

imp zone gassed theirs a looooong time ago

• Locked thread