Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bifner McDoogle posted:

I'm not saying you're a child for caring about apartheid and doing all the other coll activist stuff (and I do that too so I get that it's a legit investment and appreciate it and all)

I'm just making fun of you for making over
Two
Hundred
And forty
in that pointless time wasting treadmill of a thread

its actually a good thread for keeping up with current Israeli politics and the situation within the West Bank & Gaza, esp. because there's a number of hebrew speaking goons in there translating stuff

it would be better if D&D mods were less terrified of getting involved with removing pointless looping bad faith arguments though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurolimal posted:

its actually a good thread for keeping up with current Israeli politics and the situation within the West Bank & Gaza, esp. because there's a number of hebrew speaking goons in there translating stuff

it would be better if D&D mods were less terrified of getting involved with removing pointless looping bad faith arguments though

"Only lurk, never post, in D&D" is the best rule for that reason.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

"Only lurk, never post, in D&D" is the best rule for that reason.

"Never go into D&D" is a better rule

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rainy day posted:

4chan has made it impossible for anyone to reasonably discuss what a lovely person zoe is by making GBS threads their pants over "false flag operations" and "corruption of games journalism." Shes a rapist by her own definition of a rapist not the actual definition of a rapist. That makes her a hypocrite, not a rapist. The sad fact is that a bunch of nerds decided to throw a massive temper tantrum and generally be misogynist pricks which has turned this into a huge shitstorm that's overshadowed what should have been people saying "drat zoe is kind of a horrible person" and moving on.

The point is absolutely no one would be going to bat for her if she was a dude. She faked a "raid" from wizardchan, sexually abused her boyfriend, cheated with her boss for her career, and yeah there has been a small minority harassing her over this but the thing is max tempkin and other dudes accused of rape got death threats from the same community too. Just own up that she was a lovely person who was only defended because there's double standards, apologize, and move on. Stop doubling down. This is a very public case that confirms pretty much every criticism ever against internet social justice, and that one side won't admit this only confirms it harder. Cut ties, admit fault, try to improve and move forwards. Anyone who actually cares about real world progress rather than e-status and whether or not you can be dicks to people online because they weren't politically correct enough for you acknowledges that this is a total lost cause that should be severed.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Brown Menace posted:

you don't see any irony in how SJW people define rape to include all kinds of things, and in people pointing out that, by her own definition, SJW zoe quinn has been raping her boyfriend for large spans of time

like, you fail to understand how the former might lead to the latter

A Yolo Wizard posted:

you sound, like, a crazy person

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
neurolimal drop the strained cool guy act and join us in laughing at a bunch of loving idiots and getting into slapfights with each other

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

its really cool that i am dismissed as being a feminist shill irl where i live for thinking husbands should not be allowed to shoot their wives for cheating on them and rather take it to divorce courts, and then again being dismissed for being a creepy, crazy misogynist on the internet by people who literally think video games are the final boss of feminism, and that literally all patriarchy ever will end once a rather tiny group of people who are terminally depressed get their escapism taken away from them

lol on a nigga, this is why i abandoned SJW poo poo months ago.

white people, not even once.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am the video game terrorist. I destroy feminism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVIKU81Aijg&t=10s

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brannock posted:

neurolimal drop the strained cool guy act and join us in laughing at a bunch of loving idiots and getting into slapfights with each other

could you record yourself singing the cucktales song, i'm incredibly curious as to how it would sound

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The world will only be at peace when there are no more gamers and no more men

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So what side of this war are goons on? I want to take up arms too.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

The Brown Menace posted:

its really cool that i am dismissed as being a feminist shill irl where i live for thinking husbands should not be allowed to shoot their wives for cheating on them and rather take it to divorce courts, and then again being dismissed for being a creepy, crazy misogynist on the internet by people who literally think video games are the final boss of feminism, and that literally all patriarchy ever will end once a rather tiny group of people who are terminally depressed get their escapism taken away from them

lol on a nigga, this is why i abandoned SJW poo poo months ago.

white people, not even once.
That's what really gets me, I've done a lot in the literal real world. Like gone to several demonstrations, made posters, marched, chanted, actually worked with a cause. I've changed friends views on similar subjects, it's something I'll talk about or bring up when someone says something dumb or tries to spread misinformation. But I absolutely, positively, hate the internet scene for this kind of thing. It's like everyone involved only cares about the image of whether or not they can call the people they disagree with bigots, but doesn't give two shits if any tangible progress is made. That's why you hear bullshit all the time about it not being their job to teach people or how it's a "tone argument" to call them out on being dicks when they're trying to prove a point. They don't want to convince anyone, they don't want to change anything, all they want is to pat themselves on the back and feel superior to the people they disagree with.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Neurolimal posted:

could you record yourself singing the cucktales song, i'm incredibly curious as to how it would sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

E: oh wait, wrong link. That's actually you posting.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

wo ah.....epic...

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

That's what really gets me, I've done a lot in the literal real world. Like gone to several demonstrations, made posters, marched, chanted, actually worked with a cause. I've changed friends views on similar subjects, it's something I'll talk about or bring up when someone says something dumb or tries to spread misinformation. But I absolutely, positively, hate the internet scene for this kind of thing. It's like everyone involved only cares about the image of whether or not they can call the people they disagree with bigots, but doesn't give two shits if any tangible progress is made. That's why you hear bullshit all the time about it not being their job to teach people or how it's a "tone argument" to call them out on being dicks when they're trying to prove a point. They don't want to convince anyone, they don't want to change anything, all they want is to pat themselves on the back and feel superior to the people they disagree with.

the problem is that you're dumb

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
this thread keeps going round and round

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Bull Runner posted:

the problem is that you're dumb
Your last three posts in response to me have provided no actual tangible criticism or points and have instead only been some variant of calling me stupid. It's pretty clear you have nothing meaningful to say about anything other than being really mad about disagreeing.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Neurolimal posted:

I know what's in it I read it, any post without pics, links or translations is terrible and your novella posted in that thread is def. not pics translations and news links.

I don't have a dog in this fight just want to point out your cool guy act is so strained you come across like a nerd trying to look cool on the first day of high school by wearing sunglasses a backwards baseball cap a punk rock shirt and baggy pants and skateboarding up to high school but nobody is buying it cause you also wearing kneepads and an anime themed backback

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
has zoe talked about my any dick pics she got yet?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The thread is a mirror of this whole thing. People trying to laugh at this poo poo and a bunch of fucktards trying to say 'Zoey did nothing wrong, bigot'

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bifner McDoogle posted:

I don't have a dog in this fight just want to point out your cool guy act is so strained you come across like a nerd trying to look cool on the first day of high school by wearing sunglasses a backwards baseball cap a punk rock shirt and baggy pants and skateboarding up to high school but nobody is buying it cause you also wearing kneepads and an anime themed backback

cool

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

some variant of calling me stupid. It's pretty clear you have nothing meaningful to say

Read them again.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Bull Runner posted:

Read them again.
You're an idiot

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
has anyone else came out as goons yet? i cant express enough how much this helps my self esteem. ive always been proud that i figured out the lead up to iraq war was propagandist bs without even having internet acess. i would be doubly proud if the majority of people involved on the sjw side are goons. the type of self nerd hate they profess is so specific it acts as a huge tell in my brain.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
there are alrady 4 ppl who do or did know zoe personally on the ycs offsite. a community with like 150 reg members lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ArbitraryC posted:

Derailing and suppression of sexism-related discussion on https://www.rpg.net

We’ve previously had a serious problem with female gamers being made to feel unwelcome on the forum by systematic derailment and suppression of discussions of sexism. As a result we have identified a number of behaviours that we will infract.

These include:

- Threadjacking discussion from the female to the male experience of an issue
- Denying the experiences of female posters
- Demanding to be educated on the subject
- Concern trolling (such as "But I'm concerned discussion of sexism will drown out discussion of the good things about $GAME")
- Questioning the validity of sexism as a phenomena or a topic of discussion at RPGnet
- Demanding that the debate be reframed (e.g. "This debate is too emotional"/"This should only be about solutions, not criticisms" etc.)
- Accusing other posters of looking to be offended
- Accusing male posters of "White-Knighting" or otherwise arguing against sexism solely for the approval of women

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 1, 2014

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

sebmojo posted:

Derailing and suppression of sexism-related discussion

We’ve previously had a serious problem with female gamers being made to feel unwelcome on the forum by systematic derailment and suppression of discussions of sexism. As a result we have identified a number of behaviours that we will infract.

These include:

- Concern trolling (such as "But I'm concerned discussion of sexism will drown out discussion of the good things about $GAME")
- Questioning the validity of sexism as a phenomena or a topic of discussion at RPGnet
- Demanding that the debate be reframed (e.g. "This debate is too emotional"/"This should only be about solutions, not criticisms" etc.)
- Accusing male posters of "White-Knighting" or otherwise arguing against sexism solely for the approval of women

Where is this from

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

You're an idiot

Fair enough

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

sebmojo posted:

Derailing and suppression of sexism-related discussion on https://www.rpg.net

These include:

Jesus christ whose computer-talented nephew made that site

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah this is my point here. like man i almost got into fist-fights with people who don't think women should enjoy basic rights, like the right to not be murdered because of random bullshit. then i get on the internet and people are protesting about loving video game titty armor. the armor got tits. why the armor got titties. i call em out on this unbalanced bullshit, and they promise me that they can care about multiple issues at once. good enough, i am ok with this. but it never actually materializes. this is the important part. the people who promise me they also care about feminism here, about literally women being murdered in this neck of the woods for what essentially amounts to no reason, never show up. not a single protest about the KSA, not a single banner mentioning even anything related to the region, not a single tweet about how really, seriously loving bad women have it here. just tit armor that, "i ought to be able to walk dark backalleys in the west nude" this. negro i agree, but please, loving mention our poo poo once, even once for fucks sake. but no. nothing. instead, video games, loving video games are you absolutely kidding me, are you for real, are the western feminist focus du jour, and apparently the final boss, who ultimately ends patriarchy and is utterly irrelevant at the same time.

SJWs are literal trash.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Where is this from

Rpg.net.

It's a very robust policy.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 1, 2014

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

The Brown Menace posted:

you don't see any irony in how SJW people define rape to include all kinds of things, and in people pointing out that, by her own definition, SJW zoe quinn has been raping her boyfriend for large spans of time

like, you fail to understand how the former might lead to the latter

most "SJW" people consider getting someone really drunk and loving them while they're half conscious rape. Zoe is the first person I'm aware of to call cheating on your SO rape.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
zoe quinn on nimp

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
im gonna read this thread one day

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Putty posted:

im gonna read this thread one day

i dont believe you

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The Brown Menace posted:

yeah this is my point here. like man i almost got into fist-fights with people who don't think women should enjoy basic rights, like the right to not be murdered because of random bullshit. then i get on the internet and people are protesting about loving video game titty armor. the armor got tits. why the armor got titties. i call em out on this unbalanced bullshit, and they promise me that they can care about multiple issues at once. good enough, i am ok with this. but it never actually materializes. this is the important part. the people who promise me they also care about feminism here, about literally women being murdered in this neck of the woods for what essentially amounts to no reason, never show up. not a single protest about the KSA, not a single banner mentioning even anything related to the region, not a single tweet about how really, seriously loving bad women have it here. just tit armor that, "i ought to be able to walk dark backalleys in the west nude" this. negro i agree, but please, loving mention our poo poo once, even once for fucks sake. but no. nothing. instead, video games, loving video games are you absolutely kidding me, are you for real, are the western feminist focus du jour, and apparently the final boss, who ultimately ends patriarchy and is utterly irrelevant at the same time.

SJWs are literal trash.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Gamer+ is a new way of personalizing your identity. In order to unlock social justice words(SJWs) to attach to the end of your Gamer+ title, please send money to the Quinnghazi Foundation.
Send more money. Keep. Keep sending ... Don't stop. Patreon. Uh...

Don't be a Gamer, Player! Show everyone you're better than them with your choice of Gamer+SJW.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i like to check in ev ery once in a while and read 5 pages then skip to the end (50 more pages)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

rainy day posted:

most "SJW" people consider getting someone really drunk and loving them while they're half conscious rape. Zoe is the first person I'm aware of to call cheating on your SO rape.

Not really. Zoe said that she thought pretending you weren't sleeping with someone else would be a deception, which would remove the validity of consent. It's a legally sound position.

quote:

'Conditional' Consent

Section 74 has recently been considered by the High Court and the Court of Appeal in a series of cases where ostensible consent in relation to sexual offences was considered not to be true consent, either because a condition upon which consent was given was not complied with or because of a material deception (other than one which falls within section 76 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 [SOA]). The resultant judgments identified three sets of circumstances in which consent to sexual activity might be vitiated where the condition was breached.

In Julian Assange v Swedish Prosecution Authority [2011] EWHC 2849 (Admin), an extradition case, the President of the Queens Bench Division considered the situation in which Mr Assange knew that AA would only consent to sexual intercourse if he used a condom. Rejecting the view that the conclusive presumption in section 76 of the SOA would apply in these circumstances the President concluded that the "issue of materiality ...can be determined under section 74 rather than section 76".

On the specific facts the President said:

"It would plainly be open to a jury to hold that if AA had made clear that she would only consent to sexual intercourse if Mr Assange used a condom, then there would be no consent if, without her consent, he did not use a condom, or removed or tore the condom ..... His conduct in having sexual intercourse without a condom in circumstances where she had made clear she would only have sexual intercourse if he used a condom would therefore amount to an offence under the Sexual Offences Act 2003...."

Girl's a raper.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Quoting yourself like an expert makes you look like a loving tool and idiot

• Locked thread