Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also miracle shaman is kind of a lovely deck but wow is it fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
something leads me to doubt the veracity of this

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Notorious QIG posted:

why the gently caress did the swat team shoot the dad :psyduck:

lack of sub-second compliance, obviously

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol ya it's fake

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

oh, welp. tbf some csgo dude did recently get swatted because someone called on him

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And it's been posted here 4 times already lmao.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
:justpost:

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
right, the problem is teenagers making prank calls, and to such a degree that those teenagers need to have the book thrown at them and be locked away for life. and not the fact that our society and police forces have been militarized to such a degree that even the slightest hint of a threat needs to be countered with the utmost prejudice. I mean seriously the dude had some kind of serious repercussions coming for making those fake, threatening phone calls, but 25years in loving prison is insane. as is the fact that its that easy to trigger a whole unit of militarized police to move out onto somebodys home on no further pretext. the guys who he called the swat teams on's lives are surely better for him having done so too, I imagine (especially if one or the other of them may have possibly had some - *gasp* - pot, or something, in their house), but they make it sound as if the responsibility for all that falls solely on that kid's head.

sorry for effortposting there for a minute, some things just still manage to affect me.

edit: oh ok its fake. carry on then.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh

hatoful boyfriend is coming out this week...

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

beat bioshock infinite today after downloading it yesterday
ken levine should really talk to a therapist about how badly he wants to be murdered by underage girls

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bl2 'fuckyous' pt.3; the whole of Corrosive Caverns playing a sniper.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

bl2 'fuckyous' pt.3; the whole of Corrosive Caverns playing a sniper with a corrosive loadout

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

NoneMoreNegative posted:

bl2 'fuckyous' pt.3; the whole of Corrosive Caverns playing a sniper.

corrosive caverns is a really cool looking area but probably one of the most irritating places in the game

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also the door opening and the first sight of the level + music were pretty intense
like "wow it's really hosed up down here this is the future, huh?"

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel sorry for that kid in a way for getting the book thrown at him but otoh gently caress him, cause swatting is some stupid fuckin poo poo, I bet he thought it was le epic lulz up until the point he got arrested

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

TOOT BOOT posted:

I feel sorry for that kid in a way for getting the book thrown at him but otoh gently caress him, cause swatting is some stupid fuckin poo poo, I bet he thought it was le epic lulz up until the point he got arrested

lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Borderlands 2 is legit great looking in some areas

The home base town in Tiny Tina's DLC is really loving impressive; actually most of that DLC has really fantastic visual design.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

TOOT BOOT posted:

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol ya it's fake

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

too bad, cause one of those little twerps doing that needs to go to prison

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

it's kinda hosed up that the pic they used for their fake article was from a real trial where a kid beat a baby to death

http://wivb.com/2014/01/10/teen-cries-out-during-sentencing/

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sanzuo posted:

it's kinda hosed up that the pic they used for their fake article was from a real trial where a kid beat a baby to death

well thanks for that :smith:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sanzuo posted:

yeah i deliberately didn't post that because yospos is angry/sad enough lately but thanks :thumbsup:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol at everyone who didn't think that could be real, a 15yo kid in Alabama was playing with a gun with his friend. gun goes off, kills the friend, 20 years for manslaughter, no parole

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's funny that some people believe in some of platonic ideal of justice and don't realize punishments are extremely inconsistently applied depending on who you are, who your lawyer is, and who the judge is

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:iamafag:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:buddy:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:chord:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

:lf:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I am watching a livestream of Sony's TGS conference. Their PS4 lineup is all western games. Consoles in Japan are dead.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

sorry i made some avs as an apology

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Bloodborne's (Japanese) release date is Feb 15th. :woop:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

lmao at justifying a 25-year-sentence for a loving child, way to go americans ITT

now let's seriously discuss play4real articles, too

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol vr waifu sim, ps4 is saved in japan

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

b

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Notorious QIG posted:

also miracle shaman is kind of a lovely deck but wow is it fun

post the deck pls

also jfc just pull your money back and buy somewhere else re:d3, who cares if you get shitlisted by a rando keyseller

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

lmao at justifying a 25-year-sentence for a loving child, way to go americans ITT

now let's seriously discuss play4real articles, too

what fail country are you from? canada? the uk?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

what fail country are you from? canada? the uk?

Aww poo poo le mother loving cat avatar guy is in your ceiling pwning your nationality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

DeQuincy, LA — What many teenagers these days are considering a harmless prank, has landed one online gamer in more trouble than he could have ever imagined. In a Louisiana courtroom today, 15-year-old Paul Horner broke down in tears after a judge found the young man guilty on two counts of domestic terrorism and was sentenced to twenty-five years to life in federal prison.

Horner is the first person in history to be charged with what is known as ‘swatting‘, a growing trend in which a person anonymously files a false police report, such as a murder or bomb threat, in hopes of provoking the police to raid an individual’s home or business. Prosecutors in the case proved that Horner called in multiple false threats against rival online gamers, resulting in SWAT team raids of their residence.

“Swatting” is a new fad among gamers targeting those who “livestream“, broadcasting themselves and their game play live over the Internet to fans and in-game rivals alike. If a gamer is able to ascertain the personal information of a rival, by locating their IP and residential address, they will call in a dangerous threat to law enforcement and watch as the “livestreamer’s” house is forcibly entered by police.

The practice of “SWATTING” was recently brought to national attention by the YouTube video: The Creatures (Kootra) got SWAT Raided (SWATTED) #FreeKootra2014. Law Enforcement agencies say that the practice, which has been occurring with increasing frequency since 2013, wastes valuable resources and places innocent people in harm’s way. The 2014 incident, which resulted in the charges against Horner, are a prime example of this.

Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69, was upset after being repeatedly beaten by a fellow gamer at Battlefield 4. After obtaining the rival gamers information, prosecutors say Horner called police and reported a murder/hostage situation at the home. SWAT team then raided the house, shooting and critically injuring the “Livestreamer’s” father in the process. Following an investigation of the incident, Horner was charged as an adult, using provisions of the 2001 Patriot Act. Horner’s guilty charge stems from two counts of domestic terrorism, related to his manipulation of an enforcement response, and injuries to innocents resulting from those actions.

Prosecutors played audio of Horner’s 911 phone call to the jury:

“I just shot and killed four people. If any police enter my home I will kill them too,” the statement read in part.

During closing arguments, prosecuting attorney Tom Downey explained the state’s assessment of Horner to the jury.

“There were no victims or any evidence that a shooting had taken place,” Downey said. “Horner’s actions are pure evil, he is a menace to society and must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

Horner, described as affecting a brash, “hardcore” persona while online was anything but throughout the trial. At multiple times Horner broke down into fits of sobbing hysteria and calls to his mother, to the point that the presiding Judge, Arthur Digsby, was forced to have him removed. Hearing the sentence of 25 years to life, Horner began sobbing. Judge Digsby told Horner that though he felt bad for the youth, he was ultimately responsible for his own actions.
“Ignorance of consequence because of lack of thought absolves no one”, the Judge told Horner. “Thinking that your actions were only a prank did not make them only a prank.”

Raids by SWAT teams are known as the most dangerous work law enforcement can do. On December 19th of last year, near Somerville, Texas, a SWAT team deputy was shot and killed during an attempt to serve a no-knock warrant. Just before 6:00 A.M., SWAT team members entered the home of Henry Goedrich Magee. They were there to serve a warrant which would permit the team to search the mobile home in which Magee and his pregnant girlfriend were living. Reacting to the pre-dawn, forced entry, Magee grabbed a rifle propped against a bedroom door frame and fired at the unidentified intruders, killing 31 year old sheriff’s deputy Adam Sowders.

Judge Digsby finished his sentencing as he went on to admonish anyone who would try to emulate such idiocy.

“Leave your petty pride in the realm of digital fantasy where it is still safe,” Digsby said. “Because, as young mister Horner has learned, actions in the real world don’t have a reset button. And every parent should make sure their children understand that.”

i came

• Locked thread