Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Mercury Crusader posted:

I just want Ice Climbers vs. Duck Hunt Dog but also I want to see Urban Champion and Bubbles from Clu Clu Land in the game as well. Gimme NES Smash Bros.
Gimme Mach Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't think there's 5 more on the basis of any text leak.

I just think there's at least a few more, because if there were only 49 icons, there's less ugly ways the grid could have been laid out.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think there's 5 more on the basis of any text leak.

I just think there's at least a few more, because if there were only 49 icons, there's less ugly ways the grid could have been laid out.

That's why I didn't believe the leak when it was just that picture. On the other hand, just shy of 50 is a ton of characters as is and Duck Hunt Dog seems like a good capper in the tradition of G&W and ROB.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The secret of the Final Five lies in the heart of a sliding puzzle. When the tiles shift like the sands of time the Grid will be complete, and then those Sages of Smash will draw back their woolen hoods and reveal their mysteries for all the world to know.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Also if you have to play on Classic at 5.0 to unlock Doctor Mario, that explains Sakurai's comment about how you might face a different enemy instead of Master Hand at increased difficulty.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Just so everyone knows, none of the leaks have come from a copy of the game. The only true leaks that have come out so far have been from ESRB review footage, so anyone talking about things you could only know by playing the game is lying.

Also the whole final five thing was revealed to be made up by the guy who originally posted the screens and clips from the review footage (which was leaked to him by someone else). Basically the only basis for the final five is that they could fit five more characters into the CSS.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

okay guys here's my picks for the Final FiveŽ

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wrong Jojo though

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Scholtz posted:

All of those characters are dead, except for Sonic who is only dead on the inside.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Scholtz posted:

You've neglected gaming's premier blood-coughing blue-haired swordsman

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Are you at that point where you just start dreaming of Smash? Every time you lay down to close your eyes and fall asleep you dream of Palutena vs. Roslina? A Goddess versus The Universe Mistress. Holy cow. You dream of Smash but dare not touch anything for fear of waking up -- not dreaming of Smash. Closer and closer it getrs.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Anime Device posted:

Are you at that point where you just start dreaming of Smash? Every time you lay down to close your eyes and fall asleep you dream of Palutena vs. Roslina? A Goddess versus The Universe Mistress. Holy cow. You dream of Smash but dare not touch anything for fear of waking up -- not dreaming of Smash. Closer and closer it getrs.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scholtz posted:

Laharl would be a solid choice

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

same

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Holy poo poo. Thread redeemed.
Quick everyone quote this repeatedly

E; this is not a seriouspost for the record do not do this thing the lack of periods indicate "irony" and also pregnancy

Gamwhiz1 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 1, 2014

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Yeah, let`s keep quoting it so you have to scroll past it after having read it.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Scholtz posted:

Which five blue haired swordsmen would make the best final additions?

e: blue hair swordsmen ONLY, please

All five Ryu's from Breath of Fire.

Calihan fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 1, 2014

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gamwhiz1 posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calihan posted:

All five Ryu's from Breath of Fire.

Ryu from Dragon Quarter has black hair. :colbert:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I am hoping the fact that Wario has not been featured in a trailer yet just means he'll get a video all to himself when you unlock him :3:

Make it home-video style where Wario goes around and farts on the other smashers as they sleep.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PantsBandit posted:

I am hoping the fact that Wario has not been featured in a trailer yet just means he'll get a video all to himself when you unlock him :3:

Wario!
Butts in!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
God dam I want this game really badly!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

im glad snake didn't come back
he's too cool for this game and has nothin to do with nintendo

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Scholtz posted:

The Persona 3 guy's weapon is actually a gun with which he shoots himself with in the head to summon demons/deities to fight for him. So I guess he could be the new pokemon trainer.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

DrPaper posted:

Twin Snakes, Snake Eater 3D :colbert:

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

robot roll call posted:

That's why I didn't believe the leak when it was just that picture. On the other hand, just shy of 50 is a ton of characters as is and Duck Hunt Dog seems like a good capper in the tradition of G&W and ROB.

Final Capper? Do you think the leaks are being systemically organized in order of obscurity/hype level? Like every subsequent leak has to be more strange or something? There could be more characters, and they could just be less strange than Duck Hunt Dog.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Seagull posted:

Twin Snakes, Snake Eater 3D :colbert:

And Metal Gear on NES

He's an on-again-off-again guest for Nintendo platforms

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Kelp Plankton posted:

And Metal Gear on NES

We don't talk about that.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Seagull posted:

We don't talk about that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Megasabin posted:

Final Capper? Do you think the leaks are being systemically organized in order of obscurity/hype level? Like every subsequent leak has to be more strange or something? There could be more characters, and they could just be less strange than Duck Hunt Dog.

He means that esoteric retro stuff usually comes pretty close to the end of the roster in unlocks. Game and Watch was the last one in Melee, and R.O.B. was pretty far back there in Brawl.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

And Metal Gear on NES

He's an on-again-off-again guest for Nintendo platforms

I don't really think having a few ports really makes him a Nintendo icon.
also the NES port of Metal Gear is so bad Kojima actually disowned it. His son wanted to play as one of his dad's characters and he asked Sakurai. Characters like Pac-man, Mega Man and Sonic have way more history with Nintendo than Snake or anything MGS related. It was cool as a novelty for Brawl, but I can totally get why Sakurai didn't even ask Kojima this time around. He was fun to play as mechanically, but as a character I won't really miss him, even as a huge fan of MGS cus it was just weird having him there. About as weird as Big Daddy in a playstation brawler tbqh.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yesssssss

But no Reyn

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

DrPaper posted:

Nintendo is very important to Snake though, as without the NES port that was successful in America we wouldn't get the American-aimed sequel Snake's Revenge, and without Snake's Revenge a staff member wouldn't have told Kojima to make a "real" Metal Gear 2, and we wouldn't have the rest of the franchise.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There goes the theory that Reyn's not in the FS because he's an assist trophy, since Riki is both. The mystery of Reyn deepens.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Excels posted:

All of those characters are dead, except for Sonic who is only dead on the inside.

Since when is Laharl dead?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Nintendo is very important to Snake though, as without the NES port that was successful in America we wouldn't get the American-aimed sequel Snake's Revenge, and without Snake's Revenge a staff member wouldn't have told Kojima to make a "real" Metal Gear 2, and we wouldn't have the rest of the franchise.

true.....

also why can't rikki be playable

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can't beleive Tingle's playable. Well done, Sakurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Supercar Gautier posted:

There goes the theory that Reyn's not in the FS because he's an assist trophy, since Riki is both. The mystery of Reyn deepens.

Honestly, it only gives more evidence that all the party members (sans Seven MAYBE) can appear in the Final Smash and it just chooses two of them.

• Locked thread