Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I said TOLERABLE (and even then only by a slight margin)

Difference

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It can gently caress you over sometimes, but I thought SMTIV's negotiations were pretty consistent. If you give them two things and then end talks, they almost always agree to join you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Momomo posted:

It can gently caress you over sometimes, but I thought SMTIV's negotiations were pretty consistent. If you give them two things and then end talks, they almost always agree to join you.

Depends on the demon but I got a lot of "That's it?? Time to die!!" messages from demons when I did this.

Also I thought it was bullshit how some of the demons would offer to settle things "here and now" with you but then after you paid them Macca the negotiation would keep on going.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I remember back when I played Nocturne on an emulator and i used savestates during negotiations and sometimes i'd hit points where a demon would refuse to join me no matter which options i picked, even though i was a high enough level for it to join me. So it was pretty bullshit then as well.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Persona 5 just teased at the SCEJA Press Conference. PS3/PS4 release.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So we can drop the stupid "Sho is the P5 protagonist" thing now!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Main character design confirmed boring, am now wishing it was Sho instead.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Holy gently caress I am hype!

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Okay the protagonist is a high schooler who lives in Japan we know literally nothing more than we did before. That's a cool logo though.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Looked like it might take place in a big city. No boonies covered in fog or a weird island.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It got pushed back to 2015 in Japan.

Setting feels like a Devil Survivor game to me.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

PS4 release makes me super hyped! Didn't think they'd actually do it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

The Ninth Layer posted:

Depends on the demon but I got a lot of "That's it?? Time to die!!" messages from demons when I did this.

I found that this happened pretty consistently with specific demons and that the ones that do this tend to also respond well to continued gift-giving.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I missed it, anyone got a picture of the protag?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thanks. Pretty boring but I guess boring is better than awful.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You can scroll back on the Youtube stream.

e: Well, not anymore.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 1, 2014

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Maybe he'll emancipate himself from those glasses.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5U8n4Ie3I

Teaser video was posted. I like the look of the protagonist!

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

The P5 logo would look good on a racing game, maybe their next spin-off can be a kart racer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gaping gape gaper posted:

The P5 logo would look good on a racing game, maybe their next spin-off can be a kart racer.

This is the exact same thing I thought when I saw it, it's pretty funny.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It's nice they aren't doing that weird skin gradient thing.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

gaping gape gaper posted:

Mara is already confirmed, what with its chariot.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I won't have to buy a PS3 :neckbeard:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Welp, I guess I now have enough of a reason to get a PS4. Kinda surprised that it's not PS3 exclusive to be honest.

Also, that teaser reminded me a somewhat of TWEWY. So I quite liked it. :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was PS3-exclusive, but I guess they changed their minds and decided to try and keep up with the new console gen by porting it to PS4.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is it me or does the new protag look like a cross between the kid from Devil Survivor 2 and the kid from Trinity Souls?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The protagonist looks okay if a little bland which is fine considering I felt the same about Yu and Minato's designs. What I really want to see is the new crazy Persona and shadow designs and what mythology the cast will take them from.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Golden Goat posted:

The protagonist looks okay if a little bland which is fine considering I felt the same about Yu and Minato's designs. What I really want to see is the new crazy Persona and shadow designs and what mythology the cast will take them from.

All the cast should be redesigns of the fiends. Break the chains of god.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

A certain someone was considered a Fiend in Nocturne. They should give him to the protag.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Make Daisoujou the protagonist. As in, have the MC sit the entire game in an almost sealed pit, going on wild adventures in his decaying brain and ringing the bell once a day. The endgame starts when they seal him in. And then he dies, and the world moves on.
Wait, that's the plot of P3.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
The trailer reminds me very much of The World Ends With You.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That pretty much confirms the game on Vita through PS4 remote play. Hopefully we get a price drop on the PS4 before launch.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm so loving glad P5 is coming out for the PS4. One, I don't need to keep my PS3 plugged in for another year just for one game, two being on PS4 means that you can use the really good PS4/Vita remote play to play the whole thing on your Vita.

Now they just need to make a good game :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They'll still make a Persona 5 Platinum or whatever in a couple years after it comes out, but yeah at least with the PS4 you can remote play it for the time being.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Pretty sure that's because it would appear to take place in Shibuya as well. Or at least that scene did.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Drakenel posted:

Well P5's theme is breaking the chains of modern society. Let me shout and wake you up..

Atlus please higher TWEWY's music team for this, thanks.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rogue 7 posted:

Pretty sure that's because it would appear to take place in Shibuya as well. Or at least that scene did.

Yeah. I thought it looked surprisingly like actual Shibuya. None of the Persona games have taken place in real locations before, have they?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah. I thought it looked surprisingly like actual Shibuya. None of the Persona games have taken place in real locations before, have they?

Now that I think about it, no, actually! There was one or two times and that was when you went to Kyoto and Yakushima (I think) in Persona 3 but that lasted maybe a week of ingame time total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

Nope all of them were in fictional places. They could easily have this new place be fictional too and just modeled after Shibuya.