Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

why can't it be fanchildnation :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

This site doesn't exist. :tinfoil:

It's .com.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Paladinus posted:

This site doesn't exist. :tinfoil:

gently caress it's .com

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Al Borland posted:

holy poo poo. How is he still employed?

https://twitter.com/FanboyNation/status/506351731572101120 I think he is cleaning his "desk" as we speak

Rad Tad posted:

why can't it be fanchildnation :colbert:

I know right, loving pigs

Fluo
May 25, 2007

:golfclap: Put this in the OP please.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Clitch posted:

Zoe Quinn is going to get up on that stage looking beaten and ashen with trauma. She will stand at the lectern, flanked by Anita, Maya, and her concubine cucksquad. With a trembling voice, she will address the packed hall, before reaching to her neck. She will pull away the mask to finally reveal the architect of this epic drama, and the greatest storyteller of our time; Hideo Kojima.

After a 45 minute standing ovation, the crowd will be treated to a live demo of MGS5. The game is narrated by The Quiet's internal monologue, describing the horrors of the gender conflict that has ravaged the near future. She will detail her plight, and her singular display of solidarity with her sisters in arms; the longest slutwalk.

Kill stage lights. Nerds scream and applaud until they drown in the blood flowing from their rent vocal cords.

The success of the game, DLC, and micro transactions crashes 3 European economies.

Kotaku gives it a 4/5 because Snake's rear end has more screen time. Obviously misogynist.

Zone Of the Enders: QUINN
A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

monday morning and all the people with real jobs are starting to get back to the office, and with them, apologies abound

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
With that hateful discourse of having people to chopp off their dicks based only on prejudice and labeling, I would fire him on the spot, in fact, we could say that he's literally hitler

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Japanese Phone Box posted:

literally hitler

Little league Hitler.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I have no idea who is in the wrong.

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

I challenge you to a DEADMATCH, where we will fight... TO THE DEAD!

Phobophilia posted:

I have no idea who is in the wrong.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Gravefront posted:

monday morning and all the people with real jobs are starting to get back to the office, and with them, apologies abound

what a pussy

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

I challenge you to a DEADMATCH, where we will fight... TO THE DEAD!
Reposting this one for those that haven't seen it yet:

NutritiousSnack posted:

This has been a great month.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gravefront posted:

Lol, he made a sponsored flash game for White Castle.
http://shortandhappy.com/games/

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/chaeronaea/status/505960817289089024

https://twitter.com/chaeronaea/status/505964051483332609

Lol

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

its like the whole point of vivian went right over her head.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
So if fascism comes back the SJWs will be the brown shirts beating people for using the wrong pronouns, white cishet men are the cause of all the world's problems so will be loaded into traincars - but who is the new hitler?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Jombo posted:

So if fascism comes back the SJWs will be the brown shirts beating people for using the wrong pronouns, white cishet men are the cause of all the world's problems so will be loaded into traincars - but who is the new hitler?

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
ah gently caress i hate those things and their weird faces please nsfw that poo poo

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/alexlifschitz/status/506300751447355392

lol this is pretty pathetic

also,

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

big duck equals goose posted:

purple haired tubby monster.

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007

Jombo posted:

Obama!

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
its hit breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/01/Lying-Greedy-Promiscuous-Feminist-Bullies-are-Tearing-the-Video-Game-Industry-Apart

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Jombo posted:

A white girl obviously. But who??

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

godamnit, now we've lost the argument

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

godamnit, now we've lost the argument

well it also hit forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/22/the-truth-about-video-game-journalism/

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Gravefront posted:

i honestly don't know how anyone can hate jontron

i mean if you're gonna get mad about him calling something retarded, did you miss that one time he said friend of the family a bunch on game grumps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzE0LWd5SmM&t=283s

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SpazmasterX posted:

i honestly don't know how anyone can hate jontron

Because he's a fat unfunny piece of poo poo who got screaming mad about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

that one time he alledgy allegedly said friend of the family a bunch on game grumps?

ftfy

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Literally The Worst posted:

Because he's a fat unfunny piece of poo poo who got screaming mad about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

To be fair this post could also describe the majority of goons that played Nuts and Bolts.

(Not me I thought it was fun)

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gravefront posted:

If these people care so, so much about the cause they're espousing - to the point where they literally believe the only solution is to kill the culture that oppresses them and those thy care about, why is it that they collapse like wet paper bags as soon as any pressure is brought to bear on them from their employers?

By reprimanding them aren't their bosses part of the problem? Haven't their bosses taken the side of the misogynistic patriarchal rape culture? How can they justify continuing employment for these organisation that try to stifle and silence them? Surely the only moral response would be to resign on the spot and take their employers to court for constructive dismissal?

It's almost as if they're only actually interested in the appearance of moral superiority, but without any of the attendant inconveniences that genuine activism entails.

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 1, 2014

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Well, if you could count on one place on the internet to be worse than 4chan...
:cripes:

Forbes "Contributors" are just well-vetted bloggers.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

If these people care so, so much about the cause they're espousing - to the point where they literally believe the only solution is to kill the culture that oppresses them and those thy care about, why is it that they collapse like wet paper bags as soon as any pressure is brought to bear on them from their employers?

By reprimanding them aren't their bosses part of the problem? Haven't their bosses taken the side of the misogynistic patriarchal rape culture? How can they justify continuing employment for these organisation that try to stifle and silence them? Surely the only moral response would be to resign on the spot?

Too emasculated to stand up for their words

FEMINIST CONSPIRACY

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Shadoer posted:

Ok I'm going to try and write out another summary of events that have occurred.

1. Zoe Quinn is an independent game developer who has created games like Depression Quest. She first came to prominence when her game was greenlit for Steam even though numerous people said the game was terrible and didn't even simulate depression as advertised. Still it was greenlighted, thanks in part to support from the gaming press. Another reason this comes to prominence is because Quinn and others claim that the backlash against depression quest was misogynist in nature rather than the game was horrible.

2. Zoe Quinn's ex-boyfriend reveals that Zoe Quinn was cheating on him and provided proof. People that read his rant realized some of these people were reporters like Nathan Grayson and industry people like her boss. Allegations arise that Zoe Quinn had slept her way to prominence.

3. Now had Zoe and Nathan Grayson just issued minor apologies, odds are this would have gone away. All Zoe had to say was "My sex life isn't peoples business, but yeah I've made some mistakes. I'm a passionate person and that's why I did what I did, not to advance my career." and Greyson or Kotaku said "Sometimes it's a hard line to draw between your professional life and personal life, we believe Grayson tried his best to remain neutral in articles concerning Zoe but from now on Grayson will not write anything else related to her." If that happened, it would have been over.

4. Instead it appears Zoe Quinn, Nathan Grayson and others were all apart of the "Social Justice Warriors", a clandestine movement dedicated to making the internet and the world "safe" for everyone by any means necessary. In order to protect their credibility, the activated project "Wide Awake" and unleashed the SENTINELS across the internet in order to censor the scandal.

5. In a single day, tens of thousands of comments on Reditt related to the scandal are deleted. Mundane Matts video on it is deleted on grounds it violated copyright. The Social Justice Warriors show no mercy.

6. Thanks to the Streisand Effect, resistance to the censorship spreads. Youtube and other moderators back off and news begins to leak. Internet Aristocrat leads the resistance against the Social Justice Warriors and their Sentinels.

7. Tons of damning stuff comes out about Zoe come out. Everything from her torpedoing a feminist charity because it conflicted with her "Rebel Game Jam", to the point that "Rebel Game Jam" goes to her personal paypal account and my not even exist, ect.

8. An alleged hacking attack is carried out on Zoe and Phil Fish, a man previously not connected to the scandal. While it rallys the SWJ, it becomes clear that the "hack" on Zoe and Phil were either done by them, people close to them, or they are incredibly stupid.

9. Then a real hacking attack is carried out on a charity supporting Female Game Designers because it's raised money from 4chan and is featuring a 4chan mascot. (4chan raised $20,000+). This causes the armies of 4chan under Magneto to launch several counter attacks. While people agree Magneto has a point, his methods quickly prove to be extreme.

10. A coordinated effort by SWJ Gaming Journalists is made to support the Sentinels operation and condemn all gamers. Gamers are considered "dead" and barbaric misogynist monsters that need to be controlled. They are dangerous and only the Sentinels are the answer.

11. Magneto's Brotherhood responds that they are the future, and that they will be swept aside to create a new era.

12. PAX occurs without any major incident except that Zoe's panel is largely shunned. A panel that usually fills a 1000 person room only attrackts 80 or so people.

I'm confused what are the xmen doing during all this

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

reignonyourparade posted:

whining about how they're oppressed because of their amazing superpowers and scientific wonderland of inventions and technology

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
The X-Men would be on Tumblr

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

reignonyourparade posted:

Charles Xavier is pretty much mind-cucking everybody.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

it'd be fine if you stopped posting this, because it's bad

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Oberleutnant posted:

It's almost as if they're only actually interested in the appearance of moral superiority, but without any of the attendant inconveniences that genuine activism entails.
I have a feeling some of those guys were just trolling themselves.

Anyways the original wave of "gamers are dead" articles coordinated among the higher-profile journos was pretty much a bit of calculated hysteria. They aimed a giant Literally Hitler at their audience to try to cow them. I think it must have been a thing everyone got on board with because they were panicked, or they maybe just misjudged the situation that amazingly badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Are the SJWs dead yet? Can we tweet at last without the risk of losing our jobs?

• Locked thread