Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

TwoPair posted:

She's an X-Man, dressing outlandishly is all she knows how to do.

Wolverine doesn't dress outlandishly! Just exceedingly Canadian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The next page is good too.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I can't recall seeing Wolverine wearing Double Denim in a while.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bad Moon posted:

Is she wearing a leather corset to school?

X-23 used to be a really bad character.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I dunno if that's supposed to be funny or just Laura being a huge jerk

e: Also Jesus Christ her face in the last panel is scary if you keep looking at it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

X-23 used to be a really bad character.

X-23 was always a really bad character, just one that was inexplicably blessed with good writers. Thankfully, avengers arena broke that streak.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
So, uh, what is happening in that last panel? Did X-23 just repeat back everything the principal said to them? Why?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I guess to prove that she was listening.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Maltose posted:

Just exceedingly Canadian.

Wolverine has NEVER dressed this good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I guess to prove that she was listening.

Yup, that's the joke.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Serious Frolicking posted:

X-23 was always a really bad character, just one that was inexplicably blessed with good writers. Thankfully, avengers arena broke that streak.

This is every character. Reflect on this and become enlightened in comics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm willing to say that Stilt Man is a really bad character who has never been blessed with a good writer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

I'm willing to say that Stilt Man is a really bad character who has never been blessed with a good writer.

Waid's Daredevil, not sure of the number. But there's also issue 17 which is done with Allred that owns.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 1, 2014

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The point is that there is nothing in comics a lovely writer doesn't make poo poo or a good writer can't makes good. This is one of the great truths of the medium.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Maltose posted:

The point is that there is nothing in comics a lovely writer doesn't make poo poo or a good writer can't makes good. This is one of the great truths of the medium.

Jubilee.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Her poo poo with X-23 post vampirism was on loving point and you know it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Does vampirism come with free breast implants?

(Not Psylocke).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She's an X-Lady. If her name isn't Kitty and/or Pryde she's guaranteed to have some artist draw her with huge tits. Sad and grim reality of US superhero comics.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

I'll always take an opportunity, however flimsy, to repost this.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kdrudy posted:

I'll always take an opportunity, however flimsy, to repost this.

Why isn't this the next Marvel crossover?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Original Stilt

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Why isn't this the next Marvel crossover?

Clearly this is going to be the end of Hickman's Avengers, they must stop an incursion while the planet incursioning is one full of Stilt-men. Can the Avengers find the source of the incursions when they're between the rock and the stilt?! Feat. Iron Stilt Man, Spider-Stilt-Man, Wolvestilt, Captain Stiltmerica, Captain Marstilt, Stilt Widow and The Incredible Stilt.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Clearly this is going to be the end of Hickman's Avengers, they must stop an incursion while the planet incursioning is one full of Stilt-men. Can the Avengers find the source of the incursions when they're between the rock and the stilt?! Feat. Iron Stilt Man, Spider-Stilt-Man, Wolvestilt, Captain Stiltmerica, Captain Marstilt, Stilt Widow and The Incredible Stilt.

Does the incredible stilt still have purple pants over his stilts?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Waid's Daredevil, not sure of the number. But there's also issue 17 which is done with Allred that owns.
It's #22, which I know because I saved that (and the preceding panels) during my flight to post later, and almost certainly why Stilty was my go-to there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

She makes a pretty good babysitter though

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Xorn.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Have a few panels featuring The World's Greatest Paranormal Investigator.

Hellboy: Weird Tales, issue #6

The Goon, issue #7

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Say Nothing posted:

Does vampirism come with free breast implants?

(Not Psylocke).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenO8l2V9cI

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
It does when you're drawn by the Dodsons!

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Doctor Bishop posted:

Have a few panels featuring The World's Greatest Paranormal Investigator.

Hellboy: Weird Tales, issue #6

From the man who brought you Blankets :allears:

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Why is one of the turtles on stage with Shredder?

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Lot 49 posted:

Why is one of the turtles on stage with Shredder?

Mind control hypnosis stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

...is an example of both of those!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Endless Mike posted:

...is an example of both of those!

Almost back-to-back, too!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Her poo poo with X-23 post vampirism was on loving point and you know it.

loving right:

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Bad Moon posted:

Is she wearing a leather corset to school?

Her work clothes from her previous job. Really.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Lars Blitzer posted:

Her work clothes from her previous job. Really.

They were her cousin's angsty teen goth clothes if I remember correctly. I'm going off Wikipedia and have only read Target X and the Marjorie Liu series, but doesn't the Zebra Daddy stuff happen later?

Is there a reason she works as a prositute by the way, beyond cheap titillation? I always wondered why she couldn't work as a translator or something, considering her language abilities. Or hell, get a filing job, she doesn't exactly get bored since she'll wait days for a target. She could use her claws as a human hole punch and bam, there's your thrilling comic.

Metalshark fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 1, 2014

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Metalshark posted:

Is there a reason she works as a prositute by the way, beyond cheap titillation?

Female anti heroes must always be motivated sexual abuse.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Metalshark posted:

They were her cousin's angsty teen goth clothes if I remember correctly. I'm going off Wikipedia and have only read Target X and the Marjorie Liu series, but doesn't the Zebra Daddy stuff happen later?

Is there a reason she works as a prositute by the way, beyond cheap titillation? I always wondered why she couldn't work as a translator or something, considering her language abilities. Or hell, get a filing job, she doesn't exactly get bored since she'll wait days for a target. She could use her claws as a human hole punch and bam, there's your thrilling comic.
Yeah, it's some of her cousin's clothes. I've heard people suggest that she was trying to emulate the styles of the people around her, but obviously didn't grasp the nuances of fashion. She didn't become a prostitute until NYX, which while published before this, took place after it, chronologically.

As for why they made her a prostitute: Blame Quesada, since he was writing NYX. As I recall the guys who actually created X-23, Kyle and Yost, were quite pissed off by this, especially as the character had been created for X-Men Evolution, before being introduced into the comics a la Harley Quinn. They pretty much ignored it in their own writing, for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If the incursion ends with the population of Stilt-Earth all standing together in the incursion, and then extending their legs to push Marvel earth away it will be totally worth it.

Actually, that sounds more like the ending if Hickman got ran over by a bus and Grant Morrison took over...

• Locked thread