Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

rainy day posted:

not defending zoe quin but this conspiracy nonsense is ridiculous.

Really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

EasternBronze posted:

Zoe Quinn won an award from someone whom she had a sexual relationship with.

which award? i wanna know who to invalidate across the board

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Xachariah posted:

which award? i wanna know who to invalidate across the board

indiecade night chair

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

SpazmasterX posted:

edit: more fuel

Half a year of Cock/Ball Torture? drat. That does sound personal.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

indiecade night chair

never heard of it therefore it was a garbage "award" before this anyway

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Proteus4994 posted:

This is not a valid comparison considering one involves some barely-known indie dev versus some of the most famous women in the world. Do you think Reddit has any way of stifling that conversation even if they wanted to?

FINISH BULLETSTORM YOU oval office

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

This sounds sincere. Is this sincere? Is this sarcasm? Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
lol if you were a small indie dev team that paid to compete and were trying to get recognition at that conference or whatever
Sorry you weren't loving the right people, condolences

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

did u know the doge meame was posted on over 40 sites in first 2 months??? really makes u thikn about conspiracy betwen meam makers

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Smoking Crow posted:

FINISH BULLETSTORM YOU oval office

I struggled to finish Bulletstorm without even trying to LP it. Give the guy a break.

Also, I miss your old av.

Mulefisk posted:

did u know the doge meame was posted on over 40 sites in first 2 months??? really makes u thikn about conspiracy betwen meam makers

Oh yes. Two months, and 24 hours are relatively the same amount of time...if you're a loving Ent.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Proteus4994 posted:

No my point is that reddit threw a shitfit and almost blew up involving one deleted thread over an unknown D-list indie dev

They deleted 10s of thousands of comments, hundreds of threads, multiple subreddits, and also banned and shadowbanned hundreds or thousands of people. People were reporting it happening to them as recently as yesterday.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!

XK posted:

They deleted 10s of thousands of comments, hundreds of threads, multiple subreddits, and also banned and shadowbanned hundreds or thousands of people. People were reporting it happening to them as recently as yesterday.

Maybe it was a coincidence?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

FAROOQ posted:

Seriously rainy day what do you think a conspiracy actually is.

Republicans are a conspiracy theory :tinfoil:

Come on, people from all over the USA working together to achieve a common goal? That's crazytalk.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Clitch posted:

I struggled to finish Bulletstorm without even trying to LP it. Give the guy a break.

Also, I miss your old av.

an old favorite is coming soon...

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Oh and the PR woman for Zoe Quinn is Maya Kramer, who has been linked to Doxxing the Fine Young Capitalists fund to support female games, who was in a relationship with her, and was one of the judges who gave her an Independent game award, and who works for a company that has connections to the PR departments of all of these websites.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 2, 2014

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Xachariah posted:

never heard of it therefore it was a garbage "award" before this anyway

yea the zoe quinn thing isnt huge cuz indiecade isnt poo poo but the big indie games awards conference, everyone who has ever won at all in the past 2 years, was friends of maya felix whoever or hired her for pr, who was boning the head organizer of the whole thing

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This sounds sincere. Is this sincere?

quote:

Her most widely discussed books are Who Stole Feminism? How Women Have Betrayed Women[1] and The War Against Boys: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mulefisk posted:

do not speak ill of doge

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

XK posted:

too bad they didnt delete all of reddit while they were at it

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Wanna marry this woman.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So effectively if you didn't know this Maya woman or anyone in her/ Zoe's close circle, worked hard on your independent game, probably with your own funds, and entered it into the awards, well you basically had no chance to win cos the judges were either friends of, or loving some of the entrants. Sorry!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Just Chamber posted:

So effectively if you didn't know this Maya woman or anyone in her/ Zoe's close circle, worked hard on your independent game, probably with your own funds, and entered it into the awards, well you basically had no chance to win cos the judges were either friends of, or loving some of the entrants. Sorry!

It's just like Real Life after all. :ohdear:

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

It's scary when Adam Baldwin and breitbart are making sense (for the wrong reasons).

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
looking at all the chat logs and blog posts it amazes me people who probably have never read anything recreationally are so loving longwinded. you'd think it'd cut into their game time.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

turnways posted:

it's weird that hosts are deleting websites and Wikipedia admins are deleting entire discussions about this, though; you figure they wouldn't have a dog in this fight or w/e, is it from fear of a massive wave of doxxing?

The internet is way smaller than we'd think. Describe it as, "A conspiracy of SJW reporters got a webhost to shut down criticial news!" and it sounds all grand and impressive. Fill in the details, and I bet it'd look trivial.

Some 'reporter' is angry that people made a mean blog post about his friends. He calls the host and says he's a real reporter doing a story on harassment of women. Would the 'host' like to comment on the nude photos and docs they're distributing?

The 'host' is just some guy with a server. He doesn't want bad PR. So he freaks out and pulls the site.

The original blogger is pissed. He calls 'support'. Support knows how to change passwords and maybe set up wordpress. They're faced with an angry blogger who's asking hostile questions about politics. Support just stalls until the real admin guys get back from lunch.

And boom. 'Corporate conspiracy'. Even better, everyone involved thinks they're a lone individual up against corporate titans.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's a cargo cult of actual intelligent people. They use long words, right?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I liked the tweet where someone used the word "splenetic".

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Zoe Quinn just cheated on her boyfriend so the term "cuckold" or "cuck" is being misapplied here. Good work GBS.

wrong-o

"Cuckold historically referred to a husband with an adulterous wife and is still often used with this meaning."

They are not married, but whatever it still applies.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

shut up you dumb nerd fucktard

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

whens the last time someone told you to kill yourself, because if it isn't daily it isn't enough

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Just Chamber posted:

Yeah, it's disgusting. It costs money to enter and I kinda want a refund now.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah, it's disgusting. It costs money to enter and I kinda want a refund now.

^^^^ MISOGYNY

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Strategic Tea posted:

it's also like they use 10 words one when one will do. considering the fact they probably think george r r martin is literature i guess it makes sense

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Roki B posted:

whens the last time someone told you to kill yourself, because if it isn't daily it isn't enough

lol wut

You're defending the hacks who release simultaneous 'articles' about the ~gamer identity~?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

not only elongated but they also seem to take a perverse pride in using a repletion of abstruse terms that are antiquated.

antidisestablishmentarianism

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I can't believe how big the Xbox One is, and how wrong the RAM is.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

falcon2424 posted:

The internet is way smaller than we'd think. Describe it as, "A conspiracy of SJW reporters got a webhost to shut down criticial news!" and it sounds all grand and impressive. Fill in the details, and I bet it'd look trivial.

Some 'reporter' is angry that people made a mean blog post about his friends. He calls the host and says he's a real reporter doing a story on harassment of women. Would the 'host' like to comment on the nude photos and docs they're distributing?

The 'host' is just some guy with a server. He doesn't want bad PR. So he freaks out and pulls the site.

The original blogger is pissed. He calls 'support'. Support knows how to change passwords and maybe set up wordpress. They're faced with an angry blogger who's asking hostile questions about politics. Support just stalls until the real admin guys get back from lunch.

And boom. 'Corporate conspiracy'. Even better, everyone involved thinks they're a lone individual up against corporate titans.

Much more likely:

Some admin monkey working for the hosting company is a zealous twitterbaby, and takes it upon himself to shitcan the mean website's IP.

Website is understandably pissed, and calls hosting company going "WTF?!"

Hosting company initially thinks "I actually don't know WTF!" Stalls. People look through some logs...ohhhhhhh...

Hosting company can A: admit they let a petulant manchild have low level access to their customers' poo poo. or B: Stonewall, and hope it blows over.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_syndication

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

4outof5 posted:

Well now that mommy has taking all the toys away from one side of this it's going to be infinitely less interesting where can it go from here a firing? a suicide? will zoe quinn try to go to rehab like the d list celebrity she wishes she was?

All the "journalists" who acted out like this need to be fired. If you want to have any kind of integrity as a reporter you can't act in this fashion especially when you represent your employer through your writing so heavily.

I'm really hoping for mass firings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Strategic Tea posted:

lol wut

You're defending the hacks who release simultaneous 'articles' about the ~gamer identity~?

shh honey, it's ok. it's fine. they're both dumb and stupid.

• Locked thread