Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Nice.

I, too, need a new dresser after nearly ten years using a cheap press-board garage sale one.

Shopping for a dresser, and buying a couch and new bed last fall have taught me a very important lesson:

Real furniture is loving expensive.

I've also needed a bookshelf for about a year, but haven't bought one because again, I refuse to get another cheap POS that will fall into pieces the next time I move. So many books still in boxes from my last move, but whatever.

I've also been scouring Craigslist trying to find real stuff that's at least a little less pricey than from a store; perhaps from someone moving or what have you, but even that is hard. About four or five times now I've gone to look at someone's "real wood" dresser or bookshelf for $100-$150 that's clearly veneer over press-board/MDF.

Yeah, my girlfriend and I moved in together in March, and we decided the same thing. Luckily we're both in a position where we can spend a little money on some nice stuff, but I think we've spent about $6000 on furniture and we've got some things we still need.

I still like the Ikea Billy for a bookshelf but it probably won't hold up for more than another move or two. I'm thinking when we buy a house I'll build some shelves in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Jo Ann's $3....

And my dignity...

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

External battery pack for my phone that DIES WAY TOO EASILY. Sigh.

A children's book for yet-to-be born baby in the family

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.

theyetee shirt

chromecast uk

BobFossil has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Sep 1, 2014

carealicious
Dec 21, 2004
HTC One M8

Been wanting one since they came out, FutureShop finally had the right deal a couple days ago ($0 for one day only), now just have to pay off the remaining balance on my HTC One S (which I cracked the screen on 3 months ago after having it for 18 months).

I am loving this freaking phone!

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

carealicious posted:

HTC One M8

Been wanting one since they came out, FutureShop finally had the right deal a couple days ago ($0 for one day only), now just have to pay off the remaining balance on my HTC One S (which I cracked the screen on 3 months ago after having it for 18 months).

I am loving this freaking phone!

:hfive:Phone buddy. It's the best phone.

Bought as a surprise for my best friend:

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I am a stylish motherfucker.

(Photo from the eBay auction. I do not have jet-black plastic skin.)

HeySka
Jan 3, 2006

...or is it?

Swiss rucksack picked up in Zurich this weekend. I got this, another small bag that holds a mess set, a complete mess set with a canteen and the blanket with leather roll straps all for $125 USD. If I were to resell this I could get about $250 for all of it but these are going to stay with me. Just going to hit the leather with some conditioner, hand wash the canvas and use it as a backpack. Not a bad deal at all. The blanket will go in the house for the upcoming winter.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I got some jackets.

$100 for both of them on Amazon.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
On a lark (and because my previous pair are falling to pieces) I bought a new pair of trail running shoes:

Nike Wild Trail, $20 off MSRP at Gabriel Brothers.

I'm hoping with a decent pair of shoes my metatarsals will settle down and stop sidelining me at least once a month.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For my dad. Because his old boomerang is near the top of a very tall tree, thanks to me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

that is a cool coat.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

:getin:

That's hilarious though!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

GoPro Hero 3+

Records 1080p/60fps and I can control it from my phone. Just recorded a little 4 mile skate.

The picture is of a Hero 3 apparently, but they look identical.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

SLOSifl posted:

GoPro Hero 3+

Records 1080p/60fps and I can control it from my phone. Just recorded a little 4 mile skate.

The picture is of a Hero 3 apparently, but they look identical.

I have a hero 3 black...what's the plus add?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I got this thing for tree fiddy at a CVS today. It makes gross looking but good tasting egg tubes. You just plug it in, crack an egg or two in there, and a few minutes later your egg tube pops out.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
Looks like a fleshlight.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

I got this thing for tree fiddy at a CVS today. It makes gross looking but good tasting egg tubes. You just plug it in, crack an egg or two in there, and a few minutes later your egg tube pops out.

These make the best tasting phallic shaped eggs I've ever eaten from something you can buy off the TV

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Is there something I'm missing in why you'd want egg tubes?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

SaltLick posted:

Is there something I'm missing in why you'd want egg tubes?

Smoking eggs rolled up in zig zags is a new "thing". The Rollie makes it a lot easier than scramblng up an egg and trying to mash it into the paper.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

gotta get in on this then

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

schreibs posted:

I have a hero 3 black...what's the plus add?
I only see a Hero 3 White, Hero 3+ Black, and Hero 3+ Silver. If the Hero 3 you have is the same as the white - the difference is max framerate (1080p/30fps vs 60fps) and still image resolution - 5MP vs 10MP.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Found a record today.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Found a record today.

:stare:

I just dropped a hundred bucks at a tailor to make some shirts and a jacket look better, I get to pick them up in two weeks.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Row, row, row your boat!

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Whew, it's been an expensive weekend.

2014 Ford Fusion to replace my wife's poo poo-tastic 2003 Pontiac Grand Am.

Elkay granite-composite sink to replace our boring stainless steel one.

Awesome faucet to go with said sink.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Preordered:

I got a $75 discount since my friend works for Sony too!

Bombajio
Jan 23, 2006

Hasta la vista, meatbag!
So we got back from Germany with a 2001 BMW 325i.

Got the local license plates yesterday and it is officially all mine now! Yay! Been driving around with it for a few weeks now and am I happy I decided to buy it :)

Another purchase made yesterday which makes me really happy: Google Nexus 5. My Galaxy S2 was waiting to be replaced and so far this seems like an excellent choice!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Preordered:

I got a $75 discount since my friend works for Sony too!

Hella jelly brah

That white is sweet.

Koala Food
Nov 16, 2010

Because I hate crutches.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

NotAnArtist posted:

Hella jelly brah

That white is sweet.

I love the white by itself. Too bad my furniture is all dark... I'm an idiot.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Koala Food posted:

Because I hate crutches.

Don't you sweep against stuff all the time with your injured foot? How's stability in general?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Koala Food posted:

Because I hate crutches.

Now you just need an eye patch and a parrot for Halloween.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
First one arrived:

The Rotring 600 2.0 mm.

My first impression is it's very different than my other Rotring 600 series items. Instead of coated brass it's machined aluminum(I think) which makes it lighter; feels less hefty than the other ones. The knurling is more aggressive, which I like. The fit seems lesser though as the cap has some looseness and can rattle. The planes on the barrel are less crisp and are more rounded/beveled. I'm a little bit underwhelmed but I only just got it so it might prove to be more awesomer. It is pretty and has some stuff going for it, I was expecting something different so that is affecting my judgment right now.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Decided to risk it and but this:

It's a Doogee voyager, a Chinese knockoff of a nexus.
I've heard good things of it, ans it's only $80. Worst case scenario I use it for a year or so until it probably stops working and I'll buy another one.

In any case, it's way better than my current smartphone:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

How much spyware do you think is embedded in that thing?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

LingcodKilla posted:

How much spyware do you think is embedded in that thing?

I have a friend who bought a phone of the same company a few months ago, he is very happy with it.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

T-t-t-this poo poo owns. Also I'm not drinking it from a glass like this loving nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koala Food
Nov 16, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Now you just need an eye patch and a parrot for Halloween.

Way ahead of you. Gonna get my free dozen doughnuts for dress like a pirate day.

Stability is fine. If it fits correctly, you don't get caught up on anything besides maybe carpet.