Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

You have serious mad opinions about video game journalism lmao

You don't have to be mad to find something to be bullshit but it's good to see the SJW-apologist stance has returned to "umadbro?" I thought you guys were holding a vigil against mean words and trolling or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Is there no justice

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

video games are stupid anyway.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Do you understand anything that has gone on in this thread or do you just like to shout in the street with your shirt off hoping you would actually make sense to someone?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Man Whore posted:

you paid 10 dollars to post.

you paid 10 dollars to tell us this.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
So poo poo will probably be hitting the fan tomorrow right? Apparently they've been sending emails all day.

I think the gamers are right on this one but honestly idc who wins I'm just looking forward to people potentially losing their jobs and more forced apologies on twitter.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

you have serious mad opinions about someone else having serious mad opinions

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

natetimm posted:

You don't have to be mad to find something to be bullshit but it's good to see the SJW-apologist stance has returned to "umadbro?" I thought you guys were holding a vigil against mean words and trolling or something.

Actually, it's just funny to think that anyone thinks stupid SJW opinions matter at all, especially as it pertains to video games.

GBS has no self awareness at all lmao

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

AkumaHokoru posted:

Poison exists and is a beloved character. there's bridget too...though bridget is a boy forced to live as a girl...does that count?
pretty sure there are others i am forgetting in the metal gear series.

Birdo was my first. I'll never forget zher.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Actually, it's just funny to think that anyone thinks stupid SJW opinions matter at all, especially as it pertains to video games.

my father was fingerd to death by gbs and now I seek my revenge for its crimes just like the crime of zoe calling her self a dev and being really popular on twitter instead of a good indie dev like uh...

well, a good indie dev.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

except as the point of this entire thread has been how much those opinions have affected the industry which did at one point did mean something.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i aint reading 4000 new posts, is animal mother still on a twitter rampage

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
oh wow i totally forgot birdo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
what the gently caress is a gamer

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

So poo poo will probably be hitting the fan tomorrow right? Apparently they've been sending emails all day.

I think the gamers are right on this one but honestly idc who wins I'm just looking forward to people potentially losing their jobs and more forced apologies on twitter.

Too bad I'm not a rich as hell dude. I'd just offer like 50k right now to a game journo in the middle of these cliques who was ready to blow the lid off the shady doings.

That would give them the financial security they need to do it. Otherwise I doubt anyone talks, and this crap is going to drag on and on and on.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

gannyGrabber posted:

what the gently caress is a gamer

Any person who plays and enjoys videogames. Like 'photographer' or 'golfer'

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

This is the 9/11 of video games.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

There will be no winners. Only casualties littering both sides of the battlefield. And it'll be glorious.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

You are threatened by people who are mad that there are no trans people in video games.

Honestly? Everyone should be cautious of these people. Look at them in the context of the Tea Party since 2010. Don't view them through a lens of all the harm they could do. Think of all the good they could prevent.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

The people espousing these beliefs are basically The Indie Scene at this point, rip indie games forever

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

AkumaHokoru posted:

Poison exists and is a beloved character. there's bridget too...though bridget is a boy forced to live as a girl...does that count?
pretty sure there are others i am forgetting in the metal gear series.

Farewell, sausage.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Farewell, sausage.

I wonder what the reaction to the quiet reveal was.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Monkey Man posted:

I'm glad that the few indie companies whose games I've played haven't felt that this was worth commenting on.

It's as if this is only one indie scene out of many, and that most indies don't give a poo poo. Also the main indie scene that journalists cover, is the one geographically closest to them? Shocking.

lol at people surprised that industry awards are rigged. My wine awards and medals! Nerds are making GBS threads themselves that the meritocracy isn't real and its really nepotism like every other industry on this planet. Just because nerds have sworn the gamers creed on a copy of Sonic Colors while holding a ps4 controller over your heart, doesn't mean game dev/journalists uphold the same standard of gamer honour.

Bobby Kotick is gaming Hitler, but has never received the amount of scrutiny given to a lovely indie scene in the last fortnight (:10bux:).

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

natetimm posted:

u mad :colbert:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

SunAndSpring posted:

Farewell, sausage.

Kojima could make Quiet the perfect transsexual Mary Sue, and they would still twist her impact into something negative to suit their narrative. These people don't want compromise. They want ideological conflict.

If Quiet is Trans, I guarantee Anita Sarkeesian will find a way to say they did it wrong.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Tokamak posted:

Bobby Kotick is gaming Hitler, but has never received the amount of scrutiny given to a lovely indie scene in the last fortnight (:10bux:).

It's not an either or situation, I would love for that poo poo to get dragged out into light as well and harder than the indie games fiasco whatever but as this whole thing is showing us, the industry is full of spineless hangers-on and we've kinda known it all along and hoped it would've improved by now but nooooope.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Was Chico the kid in Ground Zeroes who was in the cage with his feet bolted to the floor?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

AAAARGH NERD SMASH!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Watch a poor bastard try to plead his case as to why Zoe Quinn's Wikipedia article should include information about collusion, and watch him get shut down by multiple Wikipedia admins:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Zoe_Quinn#List_of_Relevant_Material

Example:

quote:

Given that the entire reason the incident became noteworthy rather than yet another stupid fight between SJWs and gamers was because of who she slept with, it is very hard to omit that information. At the very least Grayson should be mentioned, as his involvement was a major flashpoint and drew an official response from Kotaku. Incidentally, the initial reports of her harassment re: Depression Quest are somewhat problematic in that they are not independent of the source; all the claims came from Quinn herself, which is generally a problem as far as reliable sources go - we try to avoid such, and it was noted by several folks that there was no independent confirmation of said harassment. Titanium Dragon (talk) 01:47, 2 September 2014 (UTC)

quote:

Ah yes, the "she's probably just making it all up" defense, which is only a shade below "she was asking for it". Seriously, educate yourself . Tarc (talk) 02:09, 2 September 2014 (UTC)

Yes, a Wikipedia admin compared a guy pointing out that Zoe's claims of harassment were unsubstantiated with shaming a rape victim.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Tokamak posted:

this is where you out yourself as a dumb ideologue, bobby kotick has been the butt of channer/gamer youtube jokes for years.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Yes, a Wikipedia admin compared a guy pointing out that Zoe's claims of harassment were unsubstantiated with shaming a rape victim.

There is no conspiracy, comrade. If you were innocent, then why were you charged?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Ah so it's cool to insult all of your customers' integrity to complain about a few. (While dodging the issues that even make things so bad!)

Well I guess it wouldn't hurt the gaming industry to cool down sales for a good long while.

insulting, threatening and doxxing people is cool when your side does it. thought you knew?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i spent the day at the beach did anything fun happen

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i spent the day at the beach did anything fun happen

zoe quinn learned it from her pr agent

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

EugeneJ posted:

Watch a poor bastard try to plead his case as to why Zoe Quinn's Wikipedia article should include information about collusion, and watch him get shut down by multiple Wikipedia admins:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Zoe_Quinn#List_of_Relevant_Material

Example:

Lol

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

The people espousing these beliefs are basically The Indie Scene at this point, rip indie games forever

"Indie" games were never good. Calling yourself an indie dev is a way to announce that you want your lovely retro pixel platformer to be held to a lower standard than regular games, and you participate in a bunch of "game jam" circlejerks that never produce anything of value.

There are a lot of cool people who make games without publisher funding because they want creative freedom (ironically, many "indie" games were made with publisher funding), but they aren't part of a "scene" and have never called themselves "indie".

EA Sports posted:

this is where you out yourself as a dumb ideologue, bobby kotick has been the butt of channer/gamer youtube jokes for years.

Kotick spent about a year being game-Satan before EA showed him how small-time he was.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief just made some interesting statements.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Cuckamania ran wild this weekend.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
lol watch gamer gate lead to the end of right to work and at will employment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Now that I've actually seen that guy's profile I'm not sure if he works for Buzzfeed.

• Locked thread