Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Isabel can't outrun a train.

...can she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Isabel can't outrun a train.

...can she?
Well if she can't outrun it, she should try suplexing it.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

There's a flashing light in the distance of the last panel. Likely Spender and Forge fighting again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Y'all getting slow at this poo poo: New comic!

Alt-text: You're 100 years too early to be speaking MY language!! Literally you need to have been alive for a century to speak the language. And also have been a spirit that whole time.

Translation: armored spirit

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, how likely is it that Spender's been holding back this whole time so that he just looks mediocre? His lines in this page are ringing as really insincere.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Y'all getting slow at this poo poo: New comic!

Alt-text: You're 100 years too early to be speaking MY language!! Literally you need to have been alive for a century to speak the language. And also have been a spirit that whole time.

Translation: armored spirit

Given the alt-text, I wonder if being possessed by a spirit who speaks high spirit can give the medium the ability to speak it to? Or maybe there's something even weirder up with ol' Rick.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rick van Winkle

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, how likely is it that Spender's been holding back this whole time so that he just looks mediocre? His lines in this page are ringing as really insincere.

That's been my theory the entire time, as much as Spender is an egomaniac his only real reaction this entire time is when Forge thought he was the Strongest One There Is, so he figures if he almost goes down and makes a narrow escape then whoever told Forge that will presume they made a mistake and not connect him with The Strongest Spirit

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
That's a sick burn.

Also, loving the 3d speech balloon in the second to last panel when the perspective shifts

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've seen it as him playing the weak one because fighting fully would involve ~the darkness within~. Lucifer is shown as using most of his energy to keep the Darkness at bay, so if he went super saiyan then it might cause problems.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Thank god this comic isn't being drawn by Willis.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I think that's a bit silly, i'd say that spender is really not all that special and that forge is only not going to kill him when he gets distracted by max in mortal danger

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

By the way if anyone cares: I believe this was the last time we saw Spender before today. March 31 :stare:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Spender's lines don't read as insincere to me, he's genuinely dorky enough to play this "too cool to worry about being beaten in a fight" thing to the hilt, right up until the big metal monster starts burning a hole in his gut.

Next page will be Spender crying like a little girl.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I believe in Mr. Spender. And America.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Forge won't kill Spender but he'll wreck his car before leaving.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Blackheart posted:

Those claws will put any mere human "keying" to shame.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
He already is shedding a tear over his accent being bad before he sucks it up and goes all stoic again. I'm still going with the "super dorky probably won't be a secret badass" theory. Could be wrong though.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Blackheart posted:

A fate worse than death.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I've seen it as him playing the weak one because fighting fully would involve ~the darkness within~. Lucifer is shown as using most of his energy to keep the Darkness at bay, so if he went super saiyan then it might cause problems.

If he does have hidden reserves, I don't think he's gonna have a choice much longer. What's happening to him right now could get real lethal real fast.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'll forever only know ol broken hearted Forge as Emo Fresh. It's too bad Zack took that joke out of the earlier comic just because some guy said it was similar to some meme or another, it was a good joke.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I think something's wrong with the update, all I see is a huge picture of ham.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
What a pair of nerds.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Okay, yeah, Forge and Spender trading long-winded tirades was a bit eye-rolling before but now it's getting funny.

Also Forge seems pretty easy to manipulate.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
he's literally a walking Linkin Park song.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Here's a link to the page being discussed if this thread is your main link to the comic.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Dammit Doorman, why you gotta be the villain/antagonist contact? Or... why do you have said contact on your shoulder?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mazerunner posted:

he's literally a walking Linkin Park song.

Thanks a lot, now I can only read his lines in the first panel to the tune of Crawling <:mad:>

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Kgummy posted:

Dammit Doorman, why you gotta be the villain/antagonist contact? Or... why do you have said contact on your shoulder?

It seems like the conflict in this comic may be more about factions then anything else. Who knows what Doorman's group is up too. Could be good guys or grey area.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
I just noticed how similar Forge's angel of life and beauty looks to the shadow spirit Lucifer is containing in Spender. Is someone trying to manipulate Forge into releasing it?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Your way works too posted:

It seems like the conflict in this comic may be more about factions then anything else. Who knows what Doorman's group is up too. Could be good guys or grey area.
That's why I added the 'antagonist'. Stories that have the evil character(s) as the point of view have the hero(es) as the antagonist(s).

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

But Isaac also is kinda aligned with Doorman, looking to him for moral guidance and stuff. And we pretty much consider him one of the protagonists, don't we?

This story is shaping up to be one without sharply-defined groups, even. Factions overlap, etc.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this sort of reminds me of frollo's song too.

i really hole somebody arranges forge's lines into a linkin park-esque track

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I think it's almost guaranteed these two dorks will be forced to begrudgingly ally sooner or later, so I'm not too worried about moral conflicts at this point.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

But Isaac also is kinda aligned with Doorman, looking to him for moral guidance and stuff. And we pretty much consider him one of the protagonists, don't we?

Isaac is either the brooding loner almost-antihero of the team, or he is the star of some alternate version of this comic to which Max is the brooding loner.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Spender has been a woman in disguise the whole time and is also the angel that Forge heard about. Spender's shirt will burn through to reveal barely-concealed cleavage, causing Forge to suffer an anime nosebleed and pass out. The transition to harem plotline begins.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
More seriously, odds that Forge's angel and the person Spender is here to pick up are the same person?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

ProfessorProf posted:

More seriously, odds that Forge's angel and the person Spender is here to pick up are the same person?

Agent Day isn't a local, just a visitor; Forge wouldn't have come to town to visit her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Sleeping power=BL?