Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

I know for a fact there's a tie you can buy that's a replica of Kira's tie and has the Killer Queen skulls on it and it's basically the sickest thing ever. It's like $100+ and I want it so bad despite knowing it will clash with every piece of formal wear I own.

You know what doesn't class with that tie?

yeah.

Just wait for the inevitable suit and you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I want nothing more in life than to own that tie, those gloves, and that super sweet Killer Queen figure with Stray Cat inside it. These are my goals.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My biggest hope for Part 4 anime is that it causes a resurgence of Part 4 merchandise cause I will buy all of it.

trucutru posted:

You know what doesn't class with that tie?

yeah.

Just wait for the inevitable suit and you're done.

Oh my gosh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't those gloves have special fingertips so you can use your phone with them on or am I thinking of something else?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'd get those gloves, but I heard that they only fit perfect immaculate hands.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

chaos rhames posted:

Why does the dad have a shoe in his hair?

What the hell did you say about his hair!?

Part 4 sequel. Make it happen, Araki.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Momomo posted:

What the hell did you say about his hair!?

Part 4 sequel. Make it happen, Araki.

You're in luck.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't those gloves have special fingertips so you can use your phone with them on or am I thinking of something else?

Yes, those are smartphone gloves.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Why is Part 6's stands so...stretched? I mean really:
:downs: Cool, you can control the weather? Like Storm from X-Men? Maybe shoot lightning?
:colbert: There's been freak accidents of frogs raining. And there are frogs in the Amazon that produce neurotoxin in their skin.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

amuayse posted:

:downs: Cool, you can control the weather? Like Storm from X-Men? Maybe shoot lightning?
:colbert: There's been freak accidents of frogs raining. And there are frogs in the Amazon that produce neurotoxin in their skin.

Part 6 is the peak of GO BIG OR GO HOME with stands. There's a reason why part 7 has the lowest-key stands in the series.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Define "weather". :colbert:

Abstract superpowers, best superpowers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

amuayse posted:

You are going to seriously freak out when you see Heavy Weather.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You are going to seriously freak out when you see Heavy Weather.

Heavy Weather is the dumbest thing. Apparently the power of suggestion is sufficient to physically transform people into snails. I get that Jojo's use of pseudoscience is probably somewhat intentionally campy/ironic, but even in that context it's pushing it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

They aren't literally snails.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't wait for Part 6 to be animated. Mainly because I want to see others reactions to the goddamn snails :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gently caress that, give me Bohemian Rhapsody. Underground too for anime Larry Csonka tackling Jolyne.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Aurora posted:

They aren't literally snails.

I thought this at first too, but yes they are.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

They aren't. It's just wide scale hypnosis via the light creating rainbows that only messes with things with eyes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RatHat posted:

Looking at the Jojo wiki seems to confirm what you think but I don't trust it as credible. I'm pretty sure Kite's right.

e: Yeah, here's the relevant in-manga stand page.

Aurora fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why the gently caress was Weather Report not playable in ASB?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Saving room for the sequel that will hopefully come out at some point and introduce brand new characters like Speedwagon, Wang Chung, Stroheim, Santana, Enya, Pet Shop, Yukako, Highway Star, Risotto Nero, Trish Una, Crippled Polnareff, Foo Fighters, Weather Report, Versace, Rykiel, Ungaro, Diego, Hot Pants, Ringo Roadagain, Wekapipo, Norisuke, Kyo Nijimura, and Gorgeous Irene.

Obviously.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

You forgot Turtle Polnareff and New Kakyoin.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

So if they are not actually snails how in the gently caress were those beetles eating people.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

You forgot Turtle Polnareff and New Kakyoin.

Turtlereff can be the GHA for Crippledreff

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Your way works too posted:

So if they are not actually snails how in the gently caress were those beetles eating people.

FirstAidKite posted:

They aren't. It's just wide scale hypnosis via the light creating rainbows that only messes with things with eyes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stands are what the gently caress ever, man

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

They're aren't technically snails but the power of the subliminal suggestion is so powerful that it causes the effects to become real. If someone recorded a person getting eaten they'd see chunks of them just disappearing.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 2, 2014

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

They just thought they were being eaten.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

They just thought they were being eaten.

I thought they were legit being eaten but by bugs that thought that they were eating snails.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought they were legit being eaten but by bugs that thought that they were eating snails.

This is the most Jojo answer and therefore correct. The rainbow made them believe they were snails so they got eaten by snail-eating animals that were also fooled.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

FirstAidKite posted:

I wonder how all the blind people of the world reacted to this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Momomo posted:

I wonder how all the blind people of the world reacted to this.

Probably the same way Pucci and that random blind person that Pucci saw that wasn't turning into a snail reacted: by not turning into snails and being confused about what the gently caress was happening and where the hell Pinocchio went

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Okay, but seriously, where the gently caress is Mickey?!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

weather report owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Why wasn't the bird Manhattan Transfer?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

come up with a weather report movelist that isn't

- completely made up
- broken as gently caress
- basically the exact same as another character in that game

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You sound pretty uncreative.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

darealkooky posted:

come up with a weather report movelist that isn't

- completely made up

Not seeing how this is a bad thing. Midler was one of my favorite characters from the Capcom game and almost all of her moves were made up based on what her stand power was described as.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If they can do Rohan they can do anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Lisa Lisa has an entire moveset in ASB and her only fights involve her lightly brushing a zombie with a scarf.

• Locked thread