Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You know, the main characters have never really looked anything like they do in-game in the animated cutscenes. Seriously, look back on those Persona 3 and 4 cutscenes, they don't convey the same image at all.

So I'm saying maybe the same thing's applying here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So you're saying that the main character could totally be Sho.

I would like to see Kazuma Kaneko's interpretation of him.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

You know, the main characters have never really looked anything like they do in-game in the animated cutscenes. Seriously, look back on those Persona 3 and 4 cutscenes, they don't convey the same image at all.

So I'm saying maybe the same thing's applying here.

But I figured that was because the animated cutscenes were shoddily animated.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Wanna predict that it will take place in a military academy, based on the thing on MC Harry Purse Owners turtle neck, but its wild speculation. Anyone able to translate the emergency news alerts or have a link to someone who did?

Also, this is very funny. Please to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evv-W19sMQE

Apologies for any reposted content in advance.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

hubris.height posted:

Wanna predict that it will take place in a military academy, based on the thing on MC Harry Purse Owners turtle neck, but its wild speculation. Anyone able to translate the emergency news alerts or have a link to someone who did?

This is just paraphrasing, but here you go.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Strange Quark posted:

A lot of that, taken together, seems to suggest that people are becoming unnaturally aggressive. Unusual unprovoked hostility or just plain berserker fits out of nowhere could be part of the overall 'real world issue' that sparks personatime.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Policenaut posted:

Look on the bright side, Persona 5 is on region free platforms so you could just import it!

That's what they said about Arena! :gbsmith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

This fellow on Neogaf has made a big old effortpost about things in the trailer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like the new guy's design. I mean yeah he looks like a schmuck but so do Minato and Yu. I hope the glasses give him like a Penance Stare thing. That would be cool.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei's fan traslation finally finished a few days ago! :toot:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
e:nvm

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Terper posted:

This fellow on Neogaf has made a big old effortpost about things in the trailer.

To summon your Persona, you have to pull up the tarot card app and crack the screen of your Iphone like a white girl.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

I have learned literally nothing.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Dragonatrix posted:

Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei's fan traslation finally finished a few days ago! :toot:

Okay, I thought Aeon Genesis was working on this? Has he been beat to the punch again?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yeah, that post is overanalysis.txt. There's Harry Potter in a tactineck, a bunch of news papers about bad poo poo going down, and that big crossing in shibuya, maybe an explosion. That's literally all we know.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Devil Tesla posted:

I was hanging in there till it started going into perspective and trucks and then my eyes glazed over. That whole paragraph didn't seem to mean anything.

The Kyuuyaku translation is cool. A friend of mine was working on a demon guide for it and I believe it's done? There was some live streaming of SMT if... translating later last month back so maybe that's on it's way too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

It's never coming out is it. Fine I bet it would have been crap anyway :qq:

It actually sort of is, if that makes you feel any better.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

It actually sort of is, if that makes you feel any better.

It actually owns, Sorry Europe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SMT4 is actually quite good, RIP Europe.

Just look at Strange Quark and you will know the truth of SMTIV.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Strange Quark posted:

Emancipate yourself from crazy people in positions of power! It'd be weird if we actually got to fight in the day somehow and we witnessed one of these Rampages.

Golden Goat posted:

It's never coming out is it. Fine I bet it would have been crap anyway :qq:

What in God's name is keeping that game from Europe now?

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It actually owns, Sorry Europe.

It actually is... okay. Bog standard. Not setting the world on fire. Feel what you would already be feeling Europe.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Beef Waifu posted:

SMT4 is actually quite good, RIP Europe.

Just look at Strange Quark and you will know the truth of SMTIV.

My greatest regret is missing the opportunity to include an audio link.

e: Also, the November date was apparently just a website gently caress up. It's still September

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 2, 2014

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Crabtree posted:

What in God's name
That's the snag. Metatron is proofreading before they ship a copy to the Vatican.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yo, I don't think SMT IV in Europe is actually delayed, there's no announcement and the image that people have been passing around was only on the mobile site (desktop still says September) and isn't there anymore. Until we get an announcement assume it's a fuckup.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

Yeah, that post is overanalysis.txt. There's Harry Potter in a tactineck, a bunch of news papers about bad poo poo going down, and that big crossing in shibuya, maybe an explosion. That's literally all we know.

Wasn't the explosion just the MC summoning his persona? That's usually what the blue flame's represent, right?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wasn't the explosion just the MC summoning his persona? That's usually what the blue flame's represent, right?

There's a reflection in his glasses of a figure with corpses lying at its feet.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Authorman posted:

It actually is... okay. Bog standard. Not setting the world on fire. Feel what you would already be feeling Europe.

It's a case of the sum not equaling its parts. Individual pieces of the game are great (I really loved the design of the areas and the world map was really cool looking), but it just doesn't feel quite right. The story has some cool ideas, but ultimately ends up feeling pretty limp-wristed compared to what we usually get.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Saigyouji posted:

There's a reflection in his glasses of a figure with corpses lying at its feet.

I somehow missed the corpses but I guess I just thought thee figure was either his persona or (more likely) a shadow.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
SMT4 is a good game but it's disappointing as a main series title following Nocturne for sure.

SMT4 feels a lot like a modernized version of SMT1 and 2 rather than a worthy followup to Nocturne, it's cool in that sense though not quite as clever as the old games were at their cleverest moments.
Some of the new demon designs aside, the design and music are very good...
It's also the only (main?) SMT which feels like actually going around in a real Tokyo instead of various collections of generic corridors.
On the other hand the more realistic dungeon

The story has some very good moments here and there though they don't amount to much in the long run and the story is just ultimately both dull and confusing/vague
The story feels kind of half baked and lacks gravitas especially around the end. I also thought the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado was silly

Oddly because they removed most everything annoying about Demon fusion, the steps taken to balance this out (greatly reducing the number of default skills on a demon to like 1-2) make the demons all too samey and numerous.

Combat is very good, though the game is a particularly true victim of the "hard at the beginning and easy at the end" difficulty curve. The initial areas are very difficult but most of the rest of the game is too easy.

All in all it is still worth playing at least once, just not quite the true successor to the previous main levels.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Screw waiting for SMTIV, fire up Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei and go nuts. It's super cool. The soundtrack is sick.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Omega is still the best boss theme in the series

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

projecthalaxy posted:

I like the new guy's design. I mean yeah he looks like a schmuck but so do Minato and Yu. I hope the glasses give him like a Penance Stare thing. That would be cool.

I think he'll have both hands on his hips as his idle.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

alcharagia posted:

Omega is still the best boss theme in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8jcIO6qY1g

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And the jokes keep coming :haw:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hubris.height posted:

Also, this is very funny. Please to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evv-W19sMQE

Apologies for any reposted content in advance.

Starts off strong, gets real poo poo about 60 seconds in.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

SMT4 has been delayed in Europe after all:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s7o0h7

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

quote:

it looks like SMTIV won’t be out in EU until late October
Honestly that's not that bad, just means I get to split my time between Bayonetta 2 and this.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

DoctorX posted:

SMT4 has been delayed in Europe after all:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s7o0h7

Well, they need to find it on a map first.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They spend so much time raiding its mythology, maybe Atlus thinks that Europe is in fact a magical land filled with faeries and titans and thus a bad place to release a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And the jokes keep coming :haw:

What does megane mean?