Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Got some set parts (mask, gauntlets, leggings and a berserker blade) from the Prowlers, so I thought it was From recognizing that the set is hard to farm, and giving you an alternative that's faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Man, I'm playing as a pure caster for the first time and it is total garbage so far.

It's really awful for most of the game and then pretty good at the end.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

I just got to the Black Gulch for the first time, and shout outs to the red phantom who invaded and then proceeded to help out by smashing every last poison statue all the way down to the Rotten. You're good peeps, wherever you are out there!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Read posted:

It's really awful for most of the game and then pretty good at the end.

And then they nerf everything.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As someone that beat the game as a Hexer/caster first, melee is better in every way and the bow is better/cheaper and it's really just a huge handicap.

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

THE PENETRATOR posted:

my friend, I would like you to compare your playstyle to mine using the exact same equipment, and teach yourself to Own Hard, and become a god of Dark Souls 2, and upload videos better than Genocyber, but also I really want to know how you're having such a hard time.

if you're blocking with your weapon, Don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNltgXrlClY

ps I need Pro Tips on how to not have my audio desync, it's really freaking bad that every video has it shifted by a second.

I will watch this video in my break, I had another ds2 video I was going to watch as well, but Iost the link so I can watch yours in stead.

I caved inn and am now using a trainer that gave me infinite weapon durability. I was thinking of making a video that showcased how I play. I do hit walls all the time while I am killing mobs (the corridors are pretty tight at times, no way around it), sometimes I might get a swing too many off on the mob. However, I still think that I should be able to kill more than 13 enemies at a time.

So anyway, I finally got to the boss in the giant forest, killed him, got a key, opened some doors. Then I met The Pursuer. Holy gently caress. I spent about 2 hours last night trying to kill him, where I went and leveled a little and bought a new shield and went back. After burning an effigy so I was at full health, I was able to get him to 30% HP, but then he got me. Then after that it gets progressively harder the less max health I have, and now I am back at the point where he can one shot me if he uses the right combo. Since I am using the trainer, I am also playing offline, and therefore can´t get help from allies. I tried using the ballista to kill him, but it only takes about 15% of his life, and it´s hard to get him into position. Otherwise I try and lure him to charge attack me, dodge, get a hit inn, and hope I can dodge away before he gets an attack inn.

I am having some real issues using block against him, as often my character is way to slow in bringing up the shield after I click and hold the ´block´button, and it´s kinda annoying. Is this just the way the game is, or could it be something with my controls? Blocking the Pursuer means I pretty much take no damage from him, so it would be nice if it was more reliable, however the stamina drain is murder when you are trying to block again or get in another swing.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Acidian posted:

I will watch this video in my break, I had another ds2 video I was going to watch as well, but Iost the link so I can watch yours in stead.

I caved inn and am now using a trainer that gave me infinite weapon durability. I was thinking of making a video that showcased how I play. I do hit walls all the time while I am killing mobs (the corridors are pretty tight at times, no way around it), sometimes I might get a swing too many off on the mob. However, I still think that I should be able to kill more than 13 enemies at a time.

So anyway, I finally got to the boss in the giant forest, killed him, got a key, opened some doors. Then I met The Pursuer. Holy gently caress. I spent about 2 hours last night trying to kill him, where I went and leveled a little and bought a new shield and went back. After burning an effigy so I was at full health, I was able to get him to 30% HP, but then he got me. Then after that it gets progressively harder the less max health I have, and now I am back at the point where he can one shot me if he uses the right combo. Since I am using the trainer, I am also playing offline, and therefore can´t get help from allies. I tried using the ballista to kill him, but it only takes about 15% of his life, and it´s hard to get him into position. Otherwise I try and lure him to charge attack me, dodge, get a hit inn, and hope I can dodge away before he gets an attack inn.

I am having some real issues using block against him, as often my character is way to slow in bringing up the shield after I click and hold the ´block´button, and it´s kinda annoying. Is this just the way the game is, or could it be something with my controls? Blocking the Pursuer means I pretty much take no damage from him, so it would be nice if it was more reliable, however the stamina drain is murder when you are trying to block again or get in another swing.

Please don't use trainers. You'll git gud, I swear! I honestly don't know why you're having so many durability problems, though.

Genocyber posted:

I always knew crits did more damage (versus other players) in ng+, but I never realized it changed as you went to higher game levels.

Hold up... so if I'm to understand this correctly... if someone invades me in NG+ and I riposte them, I will do a poo poo ton more damage than if I was just in base game?!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Please don't use trainers. You'll git gud, I swear! I honestly don't know why you're having so many durability problems, though.

Hold up... so if I'm to understand this correctly... if someone invades me in NG+ and I riposte them, I will do a poo poo ton more damage than if I was just in base game?!

50% more

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

But for some reason it drops down to 0% on NG+++? From what are you doing?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Acidian posted:

I am having some real issues using block against him, as often my character is way to slow in bringing up the shield after I click and hold the ´block´button, and it´s kinda annoying. Is this just the way the game is, or could it be something with my controls?

quote:

click and hold

A controller would help with the blocking and reactiveness of the controls in general. Add another person to the 'how the bloody hell do you break a sword between forest bonfires?' list.

The trick to pursuer is to parry instead of blocking, good luck.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Acidian posted:

If you are using a mouse, disable the "double click for strong attack something something" toggle and rebind those to something else, there is a HUGE mouse delay if you don't do that and it's literally unplayable, no wonder you're having issues.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i understand having a problem with the ruin sentinel fight. however, it is the case that you fight one of them until it is dead or you actually gently caress up and fall off the platform (or intentionally fall off the platform, not knowing what is in store), and then you fight the other two. every move they have has enough of a tell that you should be able to avoid it if you've seen it before, except the spin, which will hit you guaranteed if you aren't far away. it is a challenging fight, and it was the hardest fight in the game for me my first and even second run through, but it is not a bullshit fight, because you are given all the tools to survive and fight well.

and it's the same for nearly every boss fight, like i said, except for the throne men, because you are fighting two different enemies with disparate movesets who are extremely agile and heal each other after death

I think Ruin Sentinels is a bullshit fight, not because it's especially challenging (well, not anymore anyway), but because the arena you fight them in is visually (& gameplay-wise) uninteresting, the sentinels are all the same and because it rewards a very passive, boring style of play where you turtle up behind your shield, maybe dodge a few big hits and just wait until everything lines up perfectly and then you counter hit once and go back to turtling. This seems to be a problem with the Souls series in general, though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

verybad posted:

I think Ruin Sentinels is a bullshit fight, not because it's especially challenging (well, not anymore anyway), but because the arena you fight them in is visually (& gameplay-wise) uninteresting, the sentinels are all the same and because it rewards a very passive, boring style of play where you turtle up behind your shield, maybe dodge a few big hits and just wait until everything lines up perfectly and then you counter hit once and go back to turtling. This seems to be a problem with the Souls series in general, though.

This is true, but I think people (myself included) give the other Souls games a pass on a design level if the encounters are thematically, narratively or aesthetically interesting. Ruin Sentinels is not. I'll admit it has probably the best boss music in the game (the only one that stands out to me, anyway), but it's just a big grey, square room with three tall dudes in armour who lumber around. It's a boring fight.

I think DS 2 is mostly rock solid or at least comparable to the other games in terms of general design. It's with everything else that it doesn't hold up. At least until the DLC.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I like the bosses combat-wise better in DS2 because they throw loops around the turtle strategy (some even straight up do combos that wreck all but the highest Greatshields), unlike DS1 which basically don't even require dodging. Nito, 4 Kings, and Seathe are just there while Bed of Chaos doesn't need explanation.

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

I will do some testing again on durability loss when I get home.

For the trainer, if the choice is between using a framerate limiter, buying the game for consoles or just using the trainer? Think I rather use the trainer.

I will play around some more with the controls again when I get home, but it is bullshit that the controls are so messed up on PC. I am currently using a pad I found in the basement, but I had to install a third party program called xe360, or something similarly named, to even get it working. I also found a solution that involved the Dual Shock 4, so I can try and use that solution in stead.

After 15 years of computer evolution I was hoping that pc games would pretty much run as soon as I had them installed (system specific bugs I can understand, but something that effects every PC user is pretty bad). Since I am a much better player with mouse and keyboard it would be nice if I wasn't punished for it. This is almost Ubisoft levels of PC hate, where I have to install third party software or .dll´s to get the controls working and a third party trainer to have a decent durability experience. Since I can actually boot up the game though, it´s still not as bad as Ubisoft.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I actually found that not using a shield was a much more effective strategy against the Ruin Sentinels. They're easy to stagger with strike weapons, and the way the arena is set up, you have some time after you kill the first to whittle down the health of one of the two that remain. Also, the NPC summon provides a useful distraction and makes the second half of a fight hilariously easy, but that's how it works for most NPC summons really.

That said, I never advocated Dark Souls to lose the shields, so :shrug:

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

I ment 25 years of computer gaming evolution, not 15. Which is how long I have been playing.

Also, sorry for being angry at video games.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Acidian posted:

I will do some testing again on durability loss when I get home.

For the trainer, if the choice is between using a framerate limiter, buying the game for consoles or just using the trainer? Think I rather use the trainer.

I will play around some more with the controls again when I get home, but it is bullshit that the controls are so messed up on PC. I am currently using a pad I found in the basement, but I had to install a third party program called xe360, or something similarly named, to even get it working. I also found a solution that involved the Dual Shock 4, so I can try and use that solution in stead.

After 15 years of computer evolution I was hoping that pc games would pretty much run as soon as I had them installed (system specific bugs I can understand, but something that effects every PC user is pretty bad). Since I am a much better player with mouse and keyboard it would be nice if I wasn't punished for it. This is almost Ubisoft levels of PC hate, where I have to install third party software or .dll´s to get the controls working and a third party trainer to have a decent durability experience. Since I can actually boot up the game though, it´s still not as bad as Ubisoft.

No one has ever really reported the same kind of equipment degradation as you are, even on the release week when people who'd played the game on console freaked out because everything degraded twice as fast on PC, so there must be something else at play here. Playing a Souls game with mouse and keyboard really is punishing yourself though, it's like trying to play Starcraft with a controller, and I say this as someone who could barely manage to use a controller a year and a half ago because it felt so awkward compared to M&K.

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

El Pollo Blanco posted:

No one has ever really reported the same kind of equipment degradation as you are, even on the release week when people who'd played the game on console freaked out because everything degraded twice as fast on PC, so there must be something else at play here. Playing a Souls game with mouse and keyboard really is punishing yourself though, it's like trying to play Starcraft with a controller, and I say this as someone who could barely manage to use a controller a year and a half ago because it felt so awkward compared to M&K.

Yeah, so either I am bugged, or I am playing like a retard. Both are equally possible. So I might stream some playing tonight and look closer at how much I am degrading on each type of hit.

I want to use the pad just so I can play the game on my TV. Destiny is coming out next week so it would be nice to be less horribad on pad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I would love to see just what you're doing to have such absurd weapon degradation because as far as I'm concerned that poo poo is impossible without some kind of bug/500 fps.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

And then they nerf everything.

And the dlc makes it all resist it. Though, dark orb and soul greatsword got a workout on the prowlers (and Sir Alonne, I have no honor). Actually, ignoring the nerf to how many buffs you can have on at once (which is pretty reasonable honestly, it's dumb that you can throw five things on and become a walking tank), the utility spells are still very useful. The *weapons, heals, flash sweat, some sort of projectile. It's only when you get into the bigger and flashier spells it starts to be awful now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 2, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Playing a Souls game with mouse and keyboard really is punishing yourself though.
The only problem the kbam controls had was the delay-in-mouseclick-detection issue and From patched in an option in the controls menu to fix that. Granted, it's glitched and you have to re-enable the option every time you boot the game, but setting up a permanent fix takes just seconds.
Which control scheme is superior boils down to personal preference.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Yeah seriously.

I get that the game is easier to get up and running with a game con and if it works for you that's cool but please don't pretend that this is the only valid way to play the game. I've been playing DS2 with KB+M throughout and it is playing with a controller that feels like a serious handicap to me. It's like trying to eat soup with a knife. I'm sure I could get used to it, I just don't see why I should have to simply because The Internet says I'm Doing It Wrong.

I probably will switch over to controller in the end but only because I want to play Dark Souls 1 at some point and in that game KB+M is just not an option (apparently, though I've never actually tried).

e: this is another thing I like about Internet opinions "Oh, Dark Souls 2 is a worse game than Dark Souls 1 blah blah blah B-Team. But play Dark Souls 2 second because otherwise you won't want to play through Dark Souls 1 after playing Dark Souls 2"

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr Dog posted:

I probably will switch over to controller in the end but only because I want to play Dark Souls 1 at some point and in that game KB+M is just not an option (apparently, though I've never actually tried).
In vanilla DaS1 the KB+M controls are plain broken. With the DSFix and DS Mouse Fix mods, they'll work fine.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I bet I phantomed Sir Alonne 15 times with no trouble but the very first time I fought him as the host he did some move I'd never seen before and killed me in one combo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

I bet I phantomed Sir Alonne 15 times with no trouble but the very first time I fought him as the host he did some move I'd never seen before and killed me in one combo.

My phantom experience in Dark Souls 2 without exception, right here.

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

I think I will start a new game, as I better understand what I am doing now. Do you all have a recommendation for class, gift, and weapons I should try for this? I am not giving up my knight save, so something different would be nice.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Acidian posted:

I am also mystified at how you're managing to break your broadsword so quickly. Some specific weapons have durability issues, and some areas have a long way between bonfires, but you shouldn't be having issues at this stage unless you're purposefully swinging at corpses.

Doesn't agility also govern how quickly it takes to raise your shield? Anyway, "get more agility" is always solid advice to a point, just behind "die more until you figure it out". Pursuer is brutally hard if you're new to the game. I spent a similar amount of time trying to fight him before I finally won. Now I find him by far one of the easiest bosses in the game and I get hit once per fight, if that. Stick very close to his right side and circle around him. If he does something, it doesn't matter what, dodge behind him and to the right. If he shield slams as a second hit in his combo, you should just be able just to walk away from it, and get your shield up in time to block the third hit. Try to dodge it rather than block, but be careful because the combo has two possible endings. You will get hit by the third attack if you don't either block or dodge, even if you're a good way away. You can try parrying. That was the way I beat him on my first try. If you're using a medium shield, bait his rush attack by keeping your distance and parry just before he starts to swing his sword. But I would recommend dodging over parrying, the rush attack is super easy to dodge, like all his moves, by dodging forward and the right.

Don't listen to the people who say this game isn't hard. It is. Those people have been playing the series for hundreds and hundreds of hours or are simply lying. It takes a long time to learn a fight. Once you know how to do it, it does feel easy. But it isn't, you've just practiced it for a really long time.

Acidian posted:

I tried using the ballista to kill him, but it only takes about 15% of his life

You aren't in covenant of champions are you? You didn't pray at the big stone in Majula that said it would make the game more challenging, right? It should be taking 90% of his life, not 15%.

On an unrelated note, how bad is the self-damage on Chaos Blade in PvE? I'm about to go into NG+ for the first time and I want a nice offhand weapon to use with the fume sword. I've settled on the uchigatana since so many moves, in powerstance or out, flow very well with the fume sword moveset. But it looks like Chaos Blade is just better than the uchigatana in every way except for the self damage, so I'm not sure. Keep in mind, I'm a squishy dex/hex hybrid with 20 vigor.

Acidian posted:

I think I will start a new game, as I better understand what I am doing now. Do you all have a recommendation for class, gift, and weapons I should try for this? I am not giving up my knight save, so something different would be nice.

I wouldn't restart. Or rather, I personally might well if I were in the same situation, but I wouldn't recommend another person to do it. You will feel a lot better for a while going through the areas you know, but eventually you'll just hit a wall again in the same way and feel just as frustrated and you might burn out on the game, which would really be too bad considering how strictly awesome it is.

Knight is my favorite start. You're both tough and nimble, which is a rare combination in video games. But the best start for new players is probably cleric. You not only can heal yourself between fights, you also get a really good starting weapon. The mace destroys a lot of nasty, armored enemies. You need to invest a little bit into strength to be able to wield it in one hand, but since you don't start with a shield, that hardly matters. If you start as a cleric, you might well consider going to Heide's Tower of Flame before Forest of Fallen Giants. Your mace will do very good damage to the big armored knights there and you can get a ring that halves the HP penalty from dying. Playing through the game at 75% HP is quite manageable, but 50% is not.

Heithinn Grasida fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 2, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Heithinn Grasida posted:

You aren't in covenant of champions are you? You didn't pray at the big stone in Majula that said it would make the game more challenging, right? It should be taking 90% of his life, not 15%.

Eh, it differs depending on which point of the cluster hits him. If he's dead center it fucks him up something good. If he's outside the center then the damage is much less impressive, to the point where hitting him with the very edge just leaves you wondering why you bothered.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
So I went on the Dark Souls 2 player site and noticed that under the telescope section people are using infused binoculars. Is it possible to get those through a glitch or do you have to use cheat engine to get something like that?

Acidian posted:

Anything that uses melee should show off your possible durability/frame issues, so anything but sorcerer.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Ice_Mallet posted:

So I went on the Dark Souls 2 player site and noticed that under the telescope section people are using infused binoculars. Is it possible to get those through a glitch or do you have to use cheat engine to get something like that?

I don't see any infused binocular under the telescope section.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Why does everybody have so much trouble with controllers. Like, I have this Logitech gamepad thing which is basically an xbox controller and it works fine. I didn't have to install any third party programs, unless you count the Logitech drivers or w/e.

Also the way I finally beat the pursuer is rolling to the right whenever he does an attack. I try to stay far away from him to bait him into doing his zoom attack with the shield, and get one good swing in every time he does that. It's really just a matter of not loving up and getting hit. Use your shield in dire situations but roll most of the time. It took me like dozens of deaths and I ran into the same hp problem as you. I believe in you~

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
The pursuer is fun when you realize you can parry him. Bosses being parriable is the best thing ever. You feel so smug when you actually pull it off.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Acidian posted:

It is pointless to restart, you can get an item really early that will allow you to reallocate your character points and you won't get anything extra for dealing with enemies in a more efficient way (well you will feel like a beast, but that's beside the point :v:).

To be completely honest with you, though, I restarted about three or four times in Dark Souls 1 before the game clicked for me. On the other hand I felt like I never advanced anywhere since I kept doing the early areas again and again.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
It kinda sounds like you're using a controller with a program that emulates KB+M, which is the worst of both worlds, because anything that gets emulated as a mouse button will suffer from double-click detection lag, and you'll suffer from very coarse left-stick movement if it's really using that to emulate presses on WSAD. Definitely use your DualShock, and use it with a driver that emulates XInput (the native Xbox 360 controller protocol), not DirectInput or joystick or KB+M or whatever.

Any time you're fighting anything one-on-one you should probably also lock on to it. Fighting Pursuer can be rather hard if you don't use lock-on; most experienced players don't even consciously think about the lock-on button but new players sometimes don't start using it until they're quite a way through the game.

The only exception to this rule is when you're fighting in the vicinity of instant-death environmental hazards. This applies to one mid-game boss fight in particular where most of the challenge comes from the hazards and not the actual boss attacking you. In that situation you might want to remain unlocked so that you don't backstep off a bottomless cliff in the heat of battle.

A small circle will appear over the locked-on enemy and all of your movements will orbit them; this is extremely effective against a lot of bosses because you can circle-roll around them when they're attacking you and get some free hits off while they're turning their fat asses around to face you for another attack. You can also switch your lock-on target if you have multiple enemies to contend with, although sometimes you'll want to disengage lock-on and make some distance if you're getting boxed in. Most one-on-one battles are fairly easy with some experience, it's situations where you get ganged up on where things get challenging.

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 2, 2014

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
Does Flynn's Ring and Ring of Blades work on Bows and Crossbows? I noticed on my RoB/Flynn build I pulled out a shortbow with no upgrades to hit something from ranged and I was doing a solid 250-300. Upgrading it later to +10 I was hitting for at least 350-400 with fire arrows.

If it's not the rings, then did they buff the scaling on bows or increase the damage on fire arrows at some point? I never remembered hitting that much before. Like at the least half of that damage if I remember from my first bow guy build I made.

Looking this up online is giving me conflicted reports on this. :shrug:

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

It kinda sounds like you're using a controller with a program that emulates KB+M, which is the worst of both worlds, because anything that gets emulated as a mouse button will suffer from double-click detection lag, and you'll suffer from very coarse left-stick movement if it's really using that to emulate presses on WSAD. Definitely use your DualShock, and use it with a driver that emulates XInput (the native Xbox 360 controller protocol), not DirectInput or joystick or KB+M or whatever.

Any time you're fighting anything one-on-one you should probably also lock on to it. Fighting Pursuer can be rather hard if you don't use lock-on; most experienced players don't even consciously think about the lock-on button but new players sometimes don't start using it until they're quite a way through the game.

The only exception to this rule is when you're fighting in the vicinity of instant-death environmental hazards. This applies to one mid-game boss fight in particular where most of the challenge comes from the hazards and not the actual boss attacking you. In that situation you might want to remain unlocked so that you don't backstep off a bottomless cliff in the heat of battle.

A small circle will appear over the locked-on enemy and all of your movements will orbit them; this is extremely effective against a lot of bosses because you can circle-roll around them when they're attacking you and get some free hits off while they're turning their fat asses around to face you for another attack. You can also switch your lock-on target if you have multiple enemies to contend with, although sometimes you'll want to disengage lock-on and make some distance if you're getting boxed in. Most one-on-one battles are fairly easy with some experience, it's situations where you get ganged up on where things get challenging.

Acidian is using x360ce, or xbox 360 controller emulator. It does exactly what it says on the tin - make the game think any controller you want (even a steering wheel or joystick, if you're insane) is an xbox controller. It's important for games like this and Arkham Origins that assume the 360 controller is the best thing ever and no one uses others. No keyboard emulation involved.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Ice_Mallet posted:

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't see any infused binocular under the telescope section.

They're in the PC section only (use the dropdown box in the upper right to select system).

And yes infuseed binocs are from cheat engine. They have no special effect. :P

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
The trick to the Pursuer is to circle counter-clockwise around him. In other words, stay on his shield side, not his sword side. A fair number of his attacks will straight-up miss you, while the rest will be easier to dodge.

Edit: this is counter-intuitive in Dark Soul's quasi-realistic combat system, because you might think you're going to hit his shield, but it's just window dressing until he actually blocks with it. At least one later boss has a shield that actually counts as an object even when he's not blocking with it, but not so for the Pursuer.

Also, don't get too hasty and roll early when he does his glowing-blade impale attack, afaik it's still bugged to have a huge hitbox, bigger than the weapon, and will teleport you onto the blade.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Goddamn magnetic sword :argh: