Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

Write generally dumb/creepy things like comparing a PS4 controller to fondling a (teen girls) breast.

Whoa! Can I get a link or screenshot of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Sarkeesian has become a cancer infecting everything in sight. Her bland, slightly smug face staring out at me in thumbnails and images that she took, promotion that she took, haunts me.

I can't escape. We can't escape she's taken control she's takenOVErMYMiND

and let me tell ya, I feel great. Have you checked your privilege today guys? Boy howdy did I! Shucks, why doesn't Princess Peach wear overalls too, instead of a dress, like some kind of Barbie Doll? Y'know, I've been thinking, games really aren't about having fun--fun's a poisonous priority, what we really need are games that explore socio-ecomonimic differences between genders, and feature self-empowered princesses who destroy their own monarchies and establish democratic states in largely bloodless fashions. The only ones hurt are those MEN those FILTHY loving MEN

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go smash my penis--better known as a Patriarchy Rape Machine--with a blunt stone. Seeya!

it's funny cuz you unironically feel this way lol

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think the world would be a better place if more people thought about how they're privileged (and this goes for almost everyone) but I'm still going to laugh at idiots.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 2, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Slanderer posted:

it's funny cuz you unironically feel this way lol

That is libelous

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

Neurolimal posted:

it's kind of scary how much gamer rage can be traced back to not being good at anything in high school

like, you're an adult now, you can prolly find something cool to do and attract cool peoples with, nobodies' forcing you to play all the mass effects

you suck eggs at cool guy posting

if anyone doesnt wanna bother with the last 3000 posts ITT this simp contributed v cool 'stream of thought' posting that quickly turned into 'ill take the next bus' serious posting about israel/palestine

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kaiju15 posted:

Here.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcebgKvAoh0

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Who is worse, man child gamers or people who have a career in "gaming journalism" which is like the ultimate man child dream job?

Please give your opinions and facts, thanks , in need.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They're the same group, except the journalists realized they could get attention from ugly girls by using their "jobs" to their advantage.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

big duck equals goose posted:

Who is worse, man child gamers or people who have a career in "gaming journalism" which is like the ultimate man child dream job?

Please give your opinions and facts, thanks , in need.

I went to journalism school to be a games journalist, then discovered that real journalism is actually, y'know, a job and not playing video games for a living.

My hopes and dreams were crushed and so I just slammed bitches and dropped acid and drank vodka for 4 years.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Bottom Liner posted:

#gamergate vs #ferguson, which will be the biggest story of 2014?

#celebritynudeiphonehackgate trumps them both.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

The social media people that just do stuff like some game company's twitter for a living are the worst by far. They're the ones barely doing anything, get indoctrinated in all the SJW silliness, and spread it like an STD.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
#NoTrueGamer

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Kaiju15 posted:

Just google 'Ben Kuchera PS4 controller' and click the PA report link.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

Death By Yogurt posted:

Probably this. Called David Jaffe a misogynist over some trite bullshit.

https://soundcloud.com/ben-kuchera/jaffe-confrontation

That's Stephen Totilo. Jaffe turned to Kuchera in the elevator that the three of them were in and said "You should be recording this, aren't you a loving journalist?"

David Jaffe is kind of cool.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Spiky Ooze posted:

The social media people that just do stuff like some game company's twitter for a living are the worst by far. They're the ones barely doing anything, get indoctrinated in all the SJW silliness, and spread it like an STD.

All these dudes tweeting are hiring SM PR people?? Man, I would fire these guys tweeting for me...

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think the thing that bothers me most about that open letter is that it's a message everyone already agrees with (don't harass other people), and it blatantly ignores their own side was doing an equal amount of harassing to the people they villified. People on the gamer side got death and rape threats too. The way it passively aggresively implies one side is favor of the lovely behavior and one side had nothing to do with it is really like a metaphor for how their journalism integrity played out.

It'd be like if I was in an argument and just all the sudden went "well let's not like murder me over this or anything" and then just started nudging nearby people asking them to agree with me over how it would be inappropriate if the guy who disagreed with me murdered me over my opinion.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

IGN too? I actually thought someone in charge over there was smart enough to keep out of this shitstorm

Guess not.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
to be fair it's standard on a lot of news sites to lock comments automatically when people start getting mad as hell, videogames or not. Probably just some bored moderator who can't be hosed with monitoring 30 angry comments a minute.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is that list of game companies to avoid 4chan put out now a list of companies not to avoid and just "Nintendo, Platinum, and that guy who makes Touhou"?

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
haha about all the games bloggers who think this will blow over - 5 years time any piece of poo poo indie game they have any connection to is going to get down voted and harassed to hell with links to this shitfest. I don't think they have any idea just how far 4chan will take this. All it takes is one person to notice Derek Smart or Adam Goldstein etc has popped their bloated head up somewhere on the internet and the dogpile begins.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Biggie Shorty posted:

IGN too? I actually thought someone in charge over there was smart enough to keep out of this shitstorm

Guess not.
I mean nothing in the open letter is really something you should disagree with. It's just don't harass and threaten people you disagree with over video games. That's why it's such a low risk move, they can just pull the anita defense and whenever someone tries to criticize them for other valid things turn around and say "gamers can't even accept something simple like this!!!!".

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i suspect the list is just "all japanese companies" because most of them are too busy trying to keep their business afloat while the market slowly disappears to actually worry that someone was offended by a crossdresser in their game or whatever.

actually i think japan in general doesn't have much time for feminism and social justice as they watch their population slowly shrink and their global relevance disappear.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ultrabindu posted:

Over 300 pages discussing Cuckolding and not a single black person was involved?
I am very disappointed by the whole thing.

Sarkeesian is Armenian, by the way.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

CrazyLittle posted:

Are we suddenly classing Armenians as black people now? Or does anyone not lily white get lumped into your swarthy looking group?

Has Sarkeesian cuckolded anyone?
Lets get the to the crux of the matter here.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CrazyLittle posted:

Jontron is Iranian.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ultrabindu posted:

Are we suddenly classing Armenians as black people now?

No, but middle eastern ethnicities are POC.

Radical posted:

i suspect the list is just "all japanese companies"

EA, Ubisoft, Bungie, Sony, Infinity Ward, Bioware, Blizzard, Microsoft, Riot, Epic and Paradox

*edit* though it's up to the individuals to participate and may not reflect the company POV.

Paladinus posted:

Jontron is Iranian.

People shouldn't be harassing Jontron either, even if he fans the flames.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CrazyLittle posted:

Would it be alright, if he was white?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The longer you are in this thread, the greater your chances of getting hacked by /V/

please stay safe out there!

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

Would it be alright, if he was white?

Nope. Still not okay, regardless of ethnicity. The point in highlighting Sarkeesian's/Jontron's ethnicity was to knock down the insinuation that POC aren't being harassed, or that there's no ethnic bent to the problem.

Look, don't be obtuse. Raging about this open letter is admitting that you're a cartoon-caricature villain. It's a rhetorical trap, and if "gamers" want to be poop flinging monkeys then it's really easy to come out against this and say that you support harassing people. Yeah, it's easy for people to support this open letter because it should be painfully obvious that harassment is unacceptable. Trying to divert the goal of that open letter to try to talk about cucking just proves their point further.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CrazyLittle posted:

Nope. Still not okay, regardless of ethnicity. The point in highlighting Sarkeesian's/Jontron's ethnicity was to knock down the insinuation that POC aren't being harassed, or that there's no ethnic bent to the problem.

Look, don't be obtuse. Raging about this open letter is admitting that you're a cartoon-caricature villain. It's a rhetorical trap, and if "gamers" want to be poop flinging monkeys then it's really easy to come out against this and say that you support harassing people. Yeah, it's easy for people to support this open letter because it should be painfully obvious that harassment is unacceptable. Trying to divert the goal of that open letter to try to talk about cucking just proves their point further.

Lol. Apparently you are retarded as all cuck. Do you even read what you reply to?

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

CrazyLittle posted:

lol ethnic bent you're a loving imbecile dog

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CrazyLittle posted:

I don't see any racist Turks hopping on board. Somebody having an ethnicity doesn't demonstrate that ethnicity is involved in the discussion.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

CrazyLittle posted:

Maybe gamers should start an open letter about how harassing them is inappropriate and needs to stop except that would be passive aggressive and dumb just like when the other side is doing it.

Reddit and 4chan are very outspoken about their do not harass individuals policies in this. The open letter is just another disengenous way to play the victim.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

CrazyLittle posted:

Look, don't be obtuse. Raging about this open letter is admitting that you're a cartoon-caricature villain. It's a rhetorical trap,

So you admit they're just trying to slander everyone. Cool.

What normal person needs to create a rhetorical trap for the entire public? Or sneak around setting up back room website takeovers? It's just so funny and sad.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

CrazyLittle posted:

im gay

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

Lol. Apparently you are retarded as all cuck. Do you even read what you reply to?
Try to keep up:

ultrabindu posted:

Over 300 pages discussing Cuckolding and not a single black person was involved?
I am very disappointed by the whole thing.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Kill all Turkish/Iranian gamers.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ArbitraryC posted:

Reddit and 4chan are very outspoken about their do not harass individuals policies in this. The open letter is just another disengenous way to play the victim.

They're also completely ineffective at policing their communities. Have a worthless policy is still worthless. How long did it take Reddit to eject violentacrez?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Kill all Turkish/Iranian gamers.

This seems problematic to me. Also cool.

• Locked thread