Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Entropic posted:

RR into RWB seems sketchy mana-wise.

Yeeeeah, but I'm mostly just saying that I miss playing her and then smacking someone for three damage turn two. She was good friends with the Eidolon of the Pyrostatic Pillar too. The end of a Standard is such a tragic time.:cry:

Zorak posted:

I WILL, WHILE SITTING IN A LOVELY TEMPLE FULL OF WONDERFUL ZOMBIE-BASED FURNITURE

while you are in a goddamn tent

IKEA Necrotica, coming soon for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I want to see what mana fixing we get for limited. So far at < Rare we have one cycle of uncommon trilands. I'm guessing there's at least one common fixing cycle we haven't seen yet if they want 3-color decks to be draftable. There's 10 non-basic land slots left in the number crunch, right?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

C'mooooon morphlands

or common single land typed ETB Tapped dual lands

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Were border posts good in limited or constructed? I wasn't really around for alara.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Entropic posted:

I want to see what mana fixing we get for limited. So far at < Rare we have one cycle of uncommon trilands. I'm guessing there's at least one common fixing cycle we haven't seen yet if they want 3-color decks to be draftable. There's 10 non-basic land slots left in the number crunch, right?

Potentially more if there are any lands alphabetically before Bloodstained Mire, but yes there are at least 10 nonbasic land slots unaccounted for.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just want Fetchlands to come out already so Courser of Kruphix can be even more busted.

Courser, play fetch, gain a life, pay and search for a land, gain a life. :getin:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Courser, play fetch, gain a life, check the top card of your library to see if you want it...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jabor posted:

Courser, play fetch, gain a life, check the top card of your library to see if you want it...

If courser wasn't in the Clash Pack it would be 30 bucks.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I want to buy two Domris to just due to the fact he's a 1-2 of in Pod.

Would now be a good time to do that? I'd also get some mileage out of them playing the G/R Devotion list for a bit as well.

Gensuki posted:

Eww... I just got the Godsend joke... I hate WotC.

Hey, shut up. Play on words is good. :colbert:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Eww... I just got the Godsend joke... I hate WotC.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
The clash packs are already disappearing in certain areas. I hope I manage to pick one up for the EDH-ables inside, because Temple of Mystery is a fine land and Prophet of Kruphix enables me to time walk every single turn.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Veyrall posted:

The clash packs are already disappearing in certain areas. I hope I manage to pick one up for the EDH-ables inside, because Temple of Mystery is a fine land and Prophet of Kruphix enables me to time walk every single turn.

NTM it also has Genesis Hydra which I think should be a 6-7 dollar card.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Molybdenum posted:

Were border posts good in limited or constructed? I wasn't really around for alara.

Borderposts are some of the best mana fixing in limted ever printed (in their environment, at least). Almost as good as signets.

I'm pretty sure some Borderposts saw a tiny bit of constructed play, but that was when I stopped actively following Magic for a little while.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

Borderposts are some of the best mana fixing in limted ever printed (in their environment, at least). Almost as good as signets.

I'm pretty sure some Borderposts saw a tiny bit of constructed play, but that was when I stopped actively following Magic for a little while.

I believe Borderposts saw play in at least the Extended Restore Balance decks, dunno if they were played in more that.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
From the mothership:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Count Bleck posted:

I want to buy two Domris to just due to the fact he's a 1-2 of in Pod.

This is pretty much the perfect time to get Domris

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

From the mothership:

Straight into Ghave, Guru of Spores.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

I don't remember them (Borderposts) in LorSha-Alara or Alara-Zendikar standards.

In limited they were fine. Fixing T1-T2 as "land drop" or T3+ as ramp. Have an active 3/2 *blade T2 after dropping Borderpost T1.

Edit:
That's actually bullshit, buddy played them in (SWEET) deck that qualified him for Finnish nats back then!
http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=4950&iddeck=28420

Lunsku fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 2, 2014

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Now thats a card I can get behind

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jabor posted:

You won't have both fetches and shocks in Standard.

Imagine standard with shocks, fetches and Deathrite :allears:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

From the mothership:

Neat little design, not quite as good as spirit bonds, but still a slam dunk.

I'm wondering if this is a limited environment where we will have to draft a wedge instead of a color, much like how in rtr you had to draft a guild rather than a color.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

From the mothership:

:catstare:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AlsoD posted:

Imagine standard with shocks, fetches and Deathrite :allears:

So, Modern pre-Deathrite ban?

mfcrocker posted:

This is pretty much the perfect time to get Domris

I figured as much! I'll grab a pair when I get the next opportunity.

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

From the mothership:

One of in the Green Devotion Deck, coming up.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

One of in the Green Devotion Deck, coming up.
*flips hydra* :argh:

E: *flips two hydras* :argh:

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
See the Unwritten seems really good in the Dredge deck (or delve, I guess). Fills up the yard and Nemesis of Mortals is >4 power.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Skillface posted:

See the Unwritten seems really good in the Dredge deck (or delve, I guess). Fills up the yard and Nemesis of Mortals is >4 power.

Alternatively you just dunk them onto the board and then have the mana to monstrous next turn.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

I get that they basically can't make all the wedge cards perfectly balanced between their colors (e.g. Mardu Ascendancy) but this one seems like it represents White, Green, and Black pretty evenly while also being true to Abzan flavor and it's awesome for that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Vindicattttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee +1 +Exile -lands

edit- Oh Jesus, it's an INSTANT too? :allears:

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 2, 2014

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

GonSmithe posted:

Vindicattttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee +1

I love it. :swoon:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

Vindicattttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee +1 +Exile

Ohhhh poo poo. I've been resisting making a WB goodstuff Commander deck for so long, this may finally break me.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I've been mulling a Teysa, Orzhov Scion Commander deck for awhile, since I mained Orzhov back during Ravnica and I've always been fond of Teysa. More good WB cards please me.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

I get that they basically can't make all the wedge cards perfectly balanced between their colors (e.g. Mardu Ascendancy) but this one seems like it represents White, Green, and Black pretty evenly while also being true to Abzan flavor and it's awesome for that.

My first thought is that it didn't seem very black, but then I realized that cards like Bridge from Below and Xathrid Necromancer set a precedent from making tokens when creatures die as black.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

GonSmithe posted:

Vindicattttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee +1 +Exile -lands

Jesus Christ. :stwoon:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Overcosted, rare, removal. Bleh.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Overcosted

lmao are you serious?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

lmao are you serious?

Yes. I know it will see play since it hits anything but it's still clunky to spend 4 mana on a one for one.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

mcmagic posted:

Yes. I know it will see play since it hits anything but it's still clunky to spend 4 mana on a one for one.

Control decks will absolutely use this. It's an answer to literally any threat now that Mutavault is gone (assuming no manland replaces it).

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It's unconditional exiling of *anything* at instant speed. It'll see play.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

GonSmithe posted:

lmao are you serious?

Yeah, I admit that I don't even play Real Magic (DotP is all I've played since like Tempest block), but that's an instant, permanent Oblivion Ring for +1 colored mana. Overcosted is not the word I'd use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

mcmagic posted:

Overcosted, rare, removal. Bleh.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Locked thread