Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Poonerman posted:

So I may have to auto-draft my 16-teamer on Thursday. Any advice/Am I boned?

Recruit-a-Goon has worked well for others in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Who wins in a vacuum?

Gronk for Gerhart+Welker

Alternatively, Gronk for Ellington straight up

Gronk owner

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pangstrom posted:

Got tricked yesterday by "friends" into buying one ATL reciever JuliAN Jones in an auction draft. Don't be dumb like me everyone :)

There is a Cameron Jordan in IDP leagues. Love me some Cameron Jordan.

TotallyUnoriginal
Oct 15, 2004

Damnit bob
Possible trade in a 14 team 1 PPR league, 6pt passing TDs.

Foster and Kaepernick for Brees. What say the goonmind?

I have Kaepernick and Dalton currently for my QBs.

RBs are Foster, Charles, Jeremy Hill, Woodhead, and Knile Davis.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TotallyUnoriginal posted:

Possible trade in a 14 team 1 PPR league, 6pt passing TDs.

Foster and Kaepernick for Brees. What say the goonmind?

I have Kaepernick and Dalton currently for my QBs.

RBs are Foster, Charles, Jeremy Hill, Woodhead, and Knile Davis.

Who are his bench RBs? I'd shoot for an additional prospect so that you're not so naked in case Hill doesn't pan out or someone gets injured.

TotallyUnoriginal
Oct 15, 2004

Damnit bob

Suave Fedora posted:

Who are his bench RBs? I'd shoot for an additional prospect so that you're not so naked in case Hill doesn't pan out or someone gets injured.

His RBs are currently Alfred Morris, Sankey, Carlos Hyde, and Jonathan Stewart. Pretty terrible so I can see why he would want Foster. I feel like my team's primary weakness is quarterback if anything but I do give up some depth in this trade. It may be a situation where it's better for me to just stand pat and see how the first week or two pans out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

His RBs are currently Alfred Morris, Sankey, Carlos Hyde, and Jonathan Stewart. Pretty terrible so I can see why he would want Foster. I feel like my team's primary weakness is quarterback if anything but I do give up some depth in this trade. It may be a situation where it's better for me to just stand pat and see how the first week or two pans out.

The 49ers have a frontloaded season so I expect Kaep to get a slow start. Then again he had a horrendous preseason, so I don't know whether you'll get better value for him now, or after he struggles for three or four weeks.

Is your trade partner planning on starting Kaep, or is Brees his backup?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

I actually think the trade is fair, but if I were you I'd try to squeeze out an extra extra, if you know what I mean. Ask for Brees + Sankey. If he balks, Brees + JStew. I think he would laugh if you asked for Morris so I'll let you decide that one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PPR league where I sort of boned myself in that I drafted three WRs (we start two) and seven RBs (also two) because I was just looking at value and not need, a kind goon (who has the opposite problem) has offered me Mike Wallace for Jeremy Hill. Leaning accept but I just want to make sure I'm not being dumb about it. The main thing making me hesitate is that I'd be able to keep hill for I think a seventh or eighth next year if I hang on to him, which is a nice fallback.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Anybody feeling ballsy about any of their week one starts? I own Jeremy Hill in all three of my standard leagues and I'm eyeing him for a flex in at least one of them.

TotallyUnoriginal
Oct 15, 2004

Damnit bob

Leperflesh posted:

The 49ers have a frontloaded season so I expect Kaep to get a slow start. Then again he had a horrendous preseason, so I don't know whether you'll get better value for him now, or after he struggles for three or four weeks.

Is your trade partner planning on starting Kaep, or is Brees his backup?

His backup is :magical: Eli Manning :magical:

What I wanted to do was hope Kaepernick has a huge game in a shootout with Romo in week 1 and then try to trade him then.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

His backup is :magical: Eli Manning :magical:

What I wanted to do was hope Kaepernick has a huge game in a shootout with Romo in week 1 and then try to trade him then.

That's exactly how what I want to do with Kaep except that it ends with me picking Palmer up from FA instead of getting Brady or something

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

PPR league where I sort of boned myself in that I drafted three WRs (we start two) and seven RBs (also two) because I was just looking at value and not need, a kind goon (who has the opposite problem) has offered me Mike Wallace for Jeremy Hill. Leaning accept but I just want to make sure I'm not being dumb about it. The main thing making me hesitate is that I'd be able to keep hill for I think a seventh or eighth next year if I hang on to him, which is a nice fallback.

Do not do.

This is what the goon is trying to have you do :gooncamp:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I've currently got the Saints D and I have a conundrum.

I'm pretty high on the Saints D but Week 1 it's Saints vs. ATL. The Jets' D is available and they play at home against the OAK. Am I crazy in dropping the Saints and attempting to pick them back up next week?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

timp posted:

Anybody feeling ballsy about any of their week one starts? I own Jeremy Hill in all three of my standard leagues and I'm eyeing him for a flex in at least one of them.

I am hopeful but not ballsy. I may regret it later, but I'd like to kick the wheels on TRich in week 1 as my flex before I go full retard on Hill.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
Trade advice posted late last night, reposting for the day crew. .5ppr

My team:

Qb: Brady, romo
RB: Martin, L. bell, Stacy, gerhart, Greene
Wr: Cobb, Cruz, Patterson, t. Williams, Britt
Te: Jcam

His team:

Qb: Foles
RB: vereen, fjax, pierce, Bradshaw, Blount
Wr: dez, aj80, Floyd, j. Matthews
Te: Graham, Gronk, green

So he's obviously to a need at RB. I'm keeping Martin, and he's told me he likes bell more than Stacy. He likes Cobb and Brady.
I like Dez, vereen, Foles, aj80, and Floyd.

I offered Bell, Cobb, T Will for Dez and Fjax. He seemed to like that one. Giving too much for Dez?

I tried other permutations to get gronk but I don't think he wants to give him up. Help me make an offer?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Cross-posting from the Week 1 Thread because I think this might get a better response here.

Had my first draft yesterday and I think my starters ended up being really solid for the most part, but my bench is pretty terrible from what I can tell. It was really difficult for me to draft in the later rounds because I had no clue who was a good value pick (inexperience being the main reason). Would appreciate any feedback on my overall draft. This league is a 10 Team, 0.5PPR, otherwise standard scoring.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Ryan Matthews
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Rob Gronkowski
FLX: DeSean Jackson
DEF: Bengals

BNCH: Eric Decker
BNCH: Fred Jackson
BNCH: Chris Ivory
BNCH: Cecil Shorts
BNCH: Brandin Cooks
BNCH: Carson Palmer

I am thinking I should put Decker in the FLX position instead of DeSean but other than that I think I go with my starters. Also, just how bad is my bench and what position do I really need to shore up? Thanks a lot.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

keldegar posted:

My team:

His team:

So he's obviously to a need at RB. I'm keeping Martin, and he's told me he likes bell more than Stacy. He likes Cobb and Brady.

I offered Bell, Cobb, T Will for Dez and Fjax. He seemed to like that one. Giving too much for Dez?

I tried other permutations to get gronk but I don't think he wants to give him up. Help me make an offer?

Sataere posted:

It is a lot, but fair. Try switching Britt our for Williams. I don't trust Saint Louis' offense, and Williams is poised to eat a lot in that offense. Unless you have a fear of too many Cowboys on your roster, in which case, including him would make sense.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Should I start Aaron Rodgers this week against Seattle Defense or expect Jay Cutler to tear through Buffalo?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Vargo posted:

Should I start Aaron Rodgers this week against Seattle Defense or expect Jay Cutler to tear through Buffalo?

I adhere to the philosophy of always start your studs, but you should be fine either way.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Vargo posted:

I wouldn't start any QB, even a stud, against Seattle's D, especially if you've got a decent option like Cutler to throw in.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

keldegar posted:

My team:

His team:

Seems fair to me. At this point I think Bell and Stacy are interchangeable so you wouldn't be giving up a ton of depth for an improvement at your WR1.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Sataere posted:

I adhere to the philosophy of always start your studs, but you should be fine either way.

Jay Cutler is a stud :colbert:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Cross-posting from the Week 1 Thread because I think this might get a better response here.

Had my first draft yesterday and I think my starters ended up being really solid for the most part, but my bench is pretty terrible from what I can tell. It was really difficult for me to draft in the later rounds because I had no clue who was a good value pick (inexperience being the main reason). Would appreciate any feedback on my overall draft. This league is a 10 Team, 0.5PPR, otherwise standard scoring.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Ryan Matthews
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Rob Gronkowski
FLX: DeSean Jackson
DEF: Bengals

BNCH: Eric Decker
BNCH: Fred Jackson
BNCH: Chris Ivory
BNCH: Cecil Shorts
BNCH: Brandin Cooks
BNCH: Carson Palmer

I am thinking I should put Decker in the FLX position instead of DeSean but other than that I think I go with my starters. Also, just how bad is my bench and what position do I really need to shore up? Thanks a lot.

If you keep reposting there, it should get answered. Be patient, at this is the time where we are busy masturbating over our own rosters.

You actually drafted very well. The problem I have with DJax right now is that his production is tied to the hip with RG3's confidence and playing ability. There is no doubt that RG3 is one of the better bomb-throwers in the league, which is right up DJax's alley, but I would be tons more comfortable playing Decker because Geno Smith has improved as a QB and is going to rely on Decker to bail him out quite often. I am high on Decker in the flex position and would prefer seeing a week out of RG3+DJax before entrusting the latter with production.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
People forgetting the new penalties that will help the passing game?

Start Rodgers.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Never sit your studs.

Also there are weekly Sit/Start threads so that questions and discussions like that don't have to happen constantly in this thread, the week 1 thread is here

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Thwomp posted:

I've currently got the Saints D and I have a conundrum.

I'm pretty high on the Saints D but Week 1 it's Saints vs. ATL. The Jets' D is available and they play at home against the OAK. Am I crazy in dropping the Saints and attempting to pick them back up next week?

I would also be interested in this answer

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
I would do unforgivable things to have ESPN allow longer team names.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

wukkar posted:

Yeah, Yahoo only allows 20 characters, and it seriously stifles my creativity.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

wukkar posted:

They fixed the hack from last year that let you use unlimited characters :(

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

wukkar posted:

I fondly remember last year when someone found that the character limit was locally set. I was almost booted from a league for making my team name the entire text of War and Peace.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a reason nobody seems to be interested in Rivers this year? Last year in my league settings (6pt passing td, 0.2 per completion) he was the #3 QB. Last night I picked him up in the 11th round and I don't know if I'm missing something :confused:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Suave Fedora posted:

Do not do.

This is what the goon is trying to have you do :gooncamp:

Could you go into this a little? I appreciate the advice but without the logic behind it it doesn't really tell me anything.

My thoughts are that since it's ppr Hill is less valuable since I assume he's not going to be catching many passes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

People forgetting the new penalties that will help the passing game?

Start Rodgers.

Actually that's a good point - if a QB throws to a WR, no catch, but they get the defensive pass interference penalty... does it count as a caught pass for fantasy points?

Because I think we'll see a lot of those in game 1, but I don't think it will impact the fantasy production that much until later in the season.

e. also last year Seattle was the most penalized team, but they still went to the superbowl. Cheating pays.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leperflesh posted:

Actually that's a good point - if a QB throws to a WR, no catch, but they get the defensive pass interference penalty... does it count as a caught pass for fantasy points?

No

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Subterfrugal posted:

I fondly remember last year when someone found that the character limit was locally set. I was almost booted from a league for making my team name the entire text of War and Peace.

They also determined that as long as you didn't change your long name, you could keep it indefinitely.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I didn't think so. I expect lots of penalties but not much of an increase in QB/WR points production as a result of the stricter penalties.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
With regards to Never Sit Your Stud: Jordy Nelson, stud or not? Never really thought of him as a stud, personally.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He's a stud until proven otherwise. The only way he becomes a non-stud is if Cobb rips into his production, which didn't really happen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Could you go into this a little? I appreciate the advice but without the logic behind it it doesn't really tell me anything.

My thoughts are that since it's ppr Hill is less valuable since I assume he's not going to be catching many passes.

Right now with the way things are shaping up in CIN, JHill is looking as high as an RB2 for the regular season. He is decisive, talented, and has been promised by the coaching staff to be the 1B to Gio Benard's 1A. He is going to be productive from the start and vaults into RB1 territory if Gio misses time for any reason. You are giving that up for Mike Wallace, a talented wideout who was criminally under-used last season. While Wallace is going to be used more under Bill Lazor's ChipKellian system, there are still two major issues to consider. 1) Wallace and Tannehill still do not have much in the way of proving that they have their chemistry down pat. 2) The o-line is still a huge mess. As last year's most-sacked QB, Tannehill's o-line has not proven to anyone that this situation has improved. Their best player, Mike Pouncey, is going to be out 4-6 weeks with a hip injury.

The upside value of JHill is just too great in my opinion to give up for a potential value in Mike Wallace, especially where both are being drafted at their respective ADPs.

• Locked thread