Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Can we merge Gamergate and IcloudGate into one tweet?

I think we can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

zoux posted:

Its butthurt.

Why is it homophobic? A woman can be butthurt too, just ask Kate Upton.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Radical posted:

so people started going over the names on that "game developers against harassment" open letter and surprise most of the people on it are not game devs/are fake names. lol @ the guy who apparently signed it Anders Breivik.

Brevik, not Breivik. It's one of those guys

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

Because anal sex belongs solely to gay men.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!

zoux posted:

Please respect their culture.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EasternBronze posted:

Armenians are people of color in the same way asians are, in a nebulous way that is convenient to a political agenda. Its like Schrodinger's Victim. How many Japanese people do you think are upset about all the white characters in games?

No because japanese people really want to be aryan supermen

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SunAndSpring posted:

If I wanted to listen to a woman squawk I'd take my dick out of my mom's mouth. I mean your mom's mouth. I

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bolow posted:

No because japanese people really want to be aryan supermen

I don't think they're content to limit themselves to blond when there's so many shades of green, purple and blue.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Musket posted:

I think we can.

I keep accidentally violating celebrities cause their crappy homegrown is popular and widely circulated

i cant stop, please help me guys, how do I predict their presence and close my eyes fast enough

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I violate my wang to redtube a lot!!

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

Pack it in guys, they have the moral high ground.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lets get rid of all gamers and all sjws

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
why do sjw have anime avatars?

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

I challenge you to a DEADMATCH, where we will fight... TO THE DEAD!

Musket posted:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Musket posted:

Outside of SA 90% of all avatars are anime or ponies.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
At least thats one thing i agree with the sjws on.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Musket posted:

They're "taking back anime avatars" because the felt that most of the people tweeting against them had anime avatars. It's a very biting criticism and I'm sure it's been a stunning reversal in the twitter war.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Ughhhh this is the final loving straw!!!!!!!! Kill all SWJs!!!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
All anyone with the time and willing to put in the effort has to do is create a collection of all the toxic poo poo posted by all the gamer/sjw industry folks this weekend and create a petition calling for the industry to police itself internally and live up to the standards they are proposing.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

zoux posted:

Its butthurt.

Is it homophobic because people get butthurt during anal sex? Last I checked straight people do that too.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Gyges posted:

They're "taking back anime avatars" because the felt that most of the people tweeting against them had anime avatars. It's a very biting criticism and I'm sure it's been a stunning reversal in the twitter war.

isnt anime usually subjecting women to tentical rape? how is that sjw like?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol if you hurt from anal sex you are doing it wrong and butthurt originates from spanking, an activity designed to cause the butt to hurt

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Musket posted:

isnt anime usually subjecting women to tentical rape? how is that sjw like?

Spoiler: both sides of this debate are extremely faggoty autistic nerds, a demographic which is pretty fanatical about anime

Historically speaking

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

zoux posted:

Time to appropriate :getin:

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Hi guys today I learned I'm a cishet racist-rapist. Sorry to have disappointed you all

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

You know why I read game articles? Because I want to hear about feminism.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The Landstander posted:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Musket posted:

I think we can.

it would definitely be terrible for your lovely naked selfies to get out but on the bright side at least they're vanilla and they weren't all stuffing gerbils up their butts or something you have to look on the bright side of life

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

The Landstander posted:

Mikeo
May 17, 2009

http://pastebin.com/rFX1pTfX

So FYAD is behind all of this!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

hosed up if true

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am here to hate gently caress indie game developers. Please pm me your cucking experience.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

And we're on bbc

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29028236

quote:

Gamers take a stand against misogyny after death threats

More than 2,000 people have signed an open letter calling for an end to discrimination in the gaming industry.

It came in response to death threats made against the feminist reviewer Anita Sarkeesian after she released the latest in a series of videos on misogyny in gaming.

She said she contacted police and felt compelled to leave her home. She called the threats a "form of terrorism".

The letter called for gamers to report "hateful, harassing speech".

It read: "We believe that everyone, no matter what gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or disability has the right to play games, criticise games and make games without getting harassed or threatened. It is the diversity of our community that allows games to flourish."

Public stand
The letter, which was written by games developer Andreas Zecher of independent games studio Spaces of Play, encouraged people who witnessed threats of violence on sites such as Twitch, Facebook and Twitter - as well as others - to report them.

"If you see hateful, harassing speech, take a public stand against it and make the gaming community a more enjoyable space to be in," it read.

*Rest in the article*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mikeo posted:

http://pastebin.com/rFX1pTfX

So FYAD is behind all of this!

quote:

Anyway this insular group of a few dozen or so people quickly attracted a large following on Twitter by making genuinely amusing Tweets (which had mostly nothing to do with SJW poo poo), and among that following were many indie creators and related SJW types, mostly because those Tweets had SJW-friendly language (the most glaring examples of this language are infantile-sounding insults like "garbagemen" or "piss baby").

The entire phenomenon results from YAD lads saying "piss baby" instead of just calling a spade a friend of the family, it seems...

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Musket posted:

I think we can.

It's all the fault of gamers!

The ISIS beheadings? Gamers!
The Ferguson riots? Gamers!
The Ukraine conflict? Gamers!

Video gamers are responsible for a number of problems in the world including Twitter PTSD (which is real and questioning it's validity is a form of harassment).

The next time you think about playing a video game, think again. If you play video games, you are a terrorist and will be prosecuted.

Welcome to America, safe and clean for everyone.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Yes, rockstar, ubisoft, dice and infinity ward.

I just want to repeat that.

Rockstar, Ubisoft, DICE and Infinity ward. Litteraly, Infinity Ward who works on Call Of Duty.

Laughing my loving balls off.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

cant we put an end to all this white on white twitter violence and direct it towards the middle east where it belongs

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

My nephews LeapFrog teaches him addition, subtraction, and quiets the roar of his unquenchable lust demon.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Things not cool: lame death threats on twitter by a ten year old.

Things that are cool: Killing millions of Russian pinko scum while a bald eagle flys overhead and kid rock plays in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Anyone who thinks video games diminish violent urges has never played Mario Kart.

• Locked thread