Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Werthog 95 posted:

like... what is that thing supposed to be. is there a reason for her tits to be like that

Gwynevere is the only daughter of Lord Gwyn, making her the Queen of Sunlight. She appears as a giant woman draped in cloth, resting in her chamber.

This Gwynevere is actually an illusion created by Dark Sun Gwyndolin. The real Gwynevere is currently not in Lordran, having married the flame god Flann.

Notes

Even though Gwyndolin's voice can be heard upon killing Gwynevere, suggesting it is he who darkens the sky upon Anor Londo, killing him before won't prevent dark Anor Londo if Gwynevere is killed. Although for obvious reasons you won't hear his voice then.

If you choose to kill Gwynevere and/or Gwyndolin, Lady of the Darkling will turn hostile and attempt to attack you on the other side of the twisting tower (same level that you fought the first gargoyle). Avoiding the Lady of the Darkling fight allows you to continue using the Anor Londo bonfire.

You can kill Gwynevere from outside her chamber with a ranged weapon. If you do this, no cutscene of Anor Londo becoming dark (and Gwyndolin berating you) will play, and Anor Londo will remain lit upon future visits. However, if her chamber is entered at any point after she is killed, the cutscene will play, Anor Londo will become dark, and you will get the Lordvessel if you don't already have it.

Be aware that if you kill Gwynevere, the automatic respawn point will be the first bonfire you arrive at in Anor Londo, regardless of the last bonfire you rested at. Summoned phantoms are not affected by this however, whether they are victorious or not. This holds true if you only kill Lady of the Darkling too, even if Gwynevere and Gwyndolin are still alive. Homeward will always warp you back to the Anor Londo Bonfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gwyndolin is Gwyn's youngest child and the only god who still remains in Anor Londo. Born with an affinity of the moon, he was raised as a daughter and has a feminine appearance as a result. He has created an illusion of his sister Gwynevere and all the guardian sentinels in the city's palace. His duty as a god is to execute sinners, and is helped by his followers with the covenant of the Blade of the Darkmoon. He's currently guarding his father's honorary tomb.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Werthog 95 posted:

like... what is that thing supposed to be. is there a reason for her tits to be like that

Vintersorg posted:

Gwynevere is the only daughter of Lord Gwyn, making her the Queen of Sunlight. She appears as a giant woman draped in cloth, resting in her chamber.

This Gwynevere is actually an illusion created by Dark Sun Gwyndolin. The real Gwynevere is currently not in Lordran, having married the flame god Flann.

Notes

Even though Gwyndolin's voice can be heard upon killing Gwynevere, suggesting it is he who darkens the sky upon Anor Londo, killing him before won't prevent dark Anor Londo if Gwynevere is killed. Although for obvious reasons you won't hear his voice then.

If you choose to kill Gwynevere and/or Gwyndolin, Lady of the Darkling will turn hostile and attempt to attack you on the other side of the twisting tower (same level that you fought the first gargoyle). Avoiding the Lady of the Darkling fight allows you to continue using the Anor Londo bonfire.

You can kill Gwynevere from outside her chamber with a ranged weapon. If you do this, no cutscene of Anor Londo becoming dark (and Gwyndolin berating you) will play, and Anor Londo will remain lit upon future visits. However, if her chamber is entered at any point after she is killed, the cutscene will play, Anor Londo will become dark, and you will get the Lordvessel if you don't already have it.

Be aware that if you kill Gwynevere, the automatic respawn point will be the first bonfire you arrive at in Anor Londo, regardless of the last bonfire you rested at. Summoned phantoms are not affected by this however, whether they are victorious or not. This holds true if you only kill Lady of the Darkling too, even if Gwynevere and Gwyndolin are still alive. Homeward will always warp you back to the Anor Londo Bonfire.

Vintersorg posted:

Gwyndolin is Gwyn's youngest child and the only god who still remains in Anor Londo. Born with an affinity of the moon, he was raised as a daughter and has a feminine appearance as a result. He has created an illusion of his sister Gwynevere and all the guardian sentinels in the city's palace. His duty as a god is to execute sinners, and is helped by his followers with the covenant of the Blade of the Darkmoon. He's currently guarding his father's honorary tomb.

the answer is Japan, OP.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Vintersorg posted:

id gently caress gwyndolin, snakes or no snakes

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Werthog 95 posted:

something something goddess something fertility something something maternity something something

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

how can you even pay attention to the 'glorious chest ahead' when the world is poo poo and your gonna die and everyone is gonna die and life is hell
same irl though
lucatiel is #1 the best, barely even shows her face

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the answer is video games

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

id gently caress gwyndolin, snakes or no snakes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Liver Disaster posted:

how can you even pay attention to the 'glorious chest ahead' when the world is poo poo and your gonna die and everyone is gonna die and life is hell
same irl though
lucatiel is #1 the best, barely even shows her face

lucatiel loving rules

i love it when characters know how much everything is hosed

benhart is also great, but for the opposite reason

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

quote:

one must not forget that one shouldn't just throw in minorities for for no reason. Doctor Who/Borderlands/James Bond/whatever comes off phony when they arbitrarily start throwing minorities around just to show how progressive they are

well which is it, are we supposed to only have cismale wasps or not

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

well which is it, are we supposed to only have cismale wasps or not

"for no reason". so minorities have to have a specific reason to not be white in order to be included in a game

did i get that right?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

by design anything is "thrown in" for video games

its a circle of poo poo where no one is going to be happy

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Improbable Lobster posted:

lucatiel loving rules

i love it when characters know how much everything is hosed

benhart is also great, but for the opposite reason

benhart also thinks he has a magic sword, hes a cool guy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

i feel like this would be a interesting post if i could understand what you were talking about

what were you talking about?
i was talking about this gamestate:

numbers above lines indicate how many blue cells are in that line
numbers in a blue cell indicate how many cells are in the shaded area around that cell
{ } around numbers indicate that the blue cells are contiguous (so the blue cells around the {2} at the bottom need to both be on the same side)

>:ovr:

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Why did this have to be checked?

the great question to almost everything video game trivia related

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Notorious QIG posted:

trans erasing radical feminist

welcome ta terf!

/punches a cisman in the patriarchy

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Blackula69 posted:

i'm one step removed from that list already, would love to be on it

actually no because then i would be a games journalist

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!

Werthog 95 posted:

an overeager 3d guy spent weeks making and animating that model because japan. the lead devs told him what the hell, this doesn't fit the game at all, but felt too badly for him to remove it

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

wesley snypes posted:

an overeager 3d guy spent weeks making and animating that model because japan. the lead devs told him what the hell, this doesn't fit the game at all, but felt too badly for him to remove it

im glad that jap man got to keep his huge titty lady in the dark souls game.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
why are people so mad at gamersgate, did they gently caress up a sale again or something

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

why are people so mad at gamersgate, did they gently caress up a sale again or something

double charged my last purchase now i have overdraft fees

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Squinty Applebottom posted:

double charged my last purchase now i have overdraft fees

poors out

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

wow

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty much the whole IDGA here is going 'what a bunch of retarded manbabies' except for one guy at the back of the room going 'I've got an opinion but maybe I shouldnt say it' which was lmao.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Alright, it is time for an expose on the different connections between various groups in this GamerGate scandal.

The majority of this SJW stuff, at its core, is coming from what is known as "Weird Twitter." (inb4 >KYM http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/weird-twitter) Weird Twitter was initially formed when users of the FYAD subforum on the Something Awful forums decided that the forums were slowly dying (which is true) and took to Twitter to increase their internet presence and be able to interact with more people (largely to harass them). They had created such a hostile environment to newcomers in FYAD that essentially no new blood trickled in, and they literally had to force new people to post there through moderator bullshit, and even then the sole purpose of that was not to get new blood, but for the insular clique who have known each other for more than a decade now, to torment that person. So they needed greener pastures, which they found on Twitter, where they were joined by refugees from Laissez Faire, a FYAD-style subforum which at the end of its lifespan was filled with anime avatar hardline Marxists (think /pol/ but even more extreme, but on the left, and extremely ban-happy. It ultimately fell apart and was resurrected as various offsite forums time and again because they kept falling apart due to drama and users harassing each other).

Anyway this insular group of a few dozen or so people quickly attracted a large following on Twitter by making genuinely amusing Tweets (which had mostly nothing to do with SJW poo poo), and among that following were many indie creators and related SJW types, mostly because those Tweets had SJW-friendly language (the most glaring examples of this language are infantile-sounding insults like "garbagemen" or "piss baby").

However, besides making amusing Tweets, they had another purpose: Harassing people for their own amusement. The former LF parts of Weird Twitter and their largely SJW indie dev follower (and similar people, you get the picture) crowd merely provided SJW issues as a heuristic to find targets to single out and harass. If this in-group had accumulated a following among a different demographic (which is however a rather unlikely scenario, given the initial LF element among them) they would have looked for people to harass based on whatever that demographic valued, rather than SJW issues. It's important to understand that the SJW issues they supposedly care about are merely meant to raise a Twitter mob outside of their small circle. On FYAD itself, they have no issues with throwing around racist and sexist slurs like they're going out of style. They just know how to keep that poo poo off Twitter, since the average FYAD post would give a true SJW a heart attack.

And make no mistake, these people have absolutely no issues with harassment up to and including death threats either. FYAD even managed to make a depressed, possibly autistic man kill himself due to their harassment, a fact that if brought up rather than denying, they will gloat and laugh about. Many of these people were active in Helldump, another Something Awful subforum which existed for the sole purpose of doxxing SA users and digging up as much embarrassing information on them as possible, which went as far as users posting nude pictures of an underaged girl, as well as making fun of users with physical disabilities.

One of the superstars of that subforum was also involved with the attempt at bullying a 10 year-old (who they also doxxed and threatened with death). I say attempt because the 10 year-old shrugged it off like a champ. The guy, btw, should be somewhere in his mid-to-late 30s. This whole episode is well-known, and 4chan has torn the parties involved a new one over it.

Zoe Quinn, by her own admission in mid-August (I believe she tweeted it on August 12th or 15th, it should still be there if she hasn't deleted it), is still an active SA forums user and has been since 2002. It is safe to assume that she is part of this in-group which is at the center of this Twitter shitstorm.

How do I know all this? Simple, I used to be part of it. I wasn't part of the FYAD in-group but one of the people who joined later on Twitter (although I had been posting and lurking on the SA forums for years beforehand, I simply didn't interact with FYAD). The 10 year-old harassment episode opened my eyes, and I used what I know to put 2 and 2 together, and here you are reading the results.

So what does this have to do with the larger SJW community?

Simple: This isn't about gamers, gaming or feminism. The SJW poo poo is simply a smoke-screen which an insular group of people who have known each other for over a decade use to get their truly massive amount of SJW Twitter followers who are not part of that in-group, to join in on harassment, which they get off on. I almost feel bad for legit SJWs who participate in this, they are merely useful idiots. If you are an SJW reading this: You have been tricked, rused, bamboozled. The same people who point you to targets which to attack are the very bullies you proclaim to loathe.

Anyway, how does this tie into games journalism?

When this whole thing broke loose, it got huge overnight, despite constant censorship attempts and fraudulent DMCA takedowns across the internet. Gaming journalists, both directly involved with Zoe and indirectly involved by participating in similarly seedy actions which clearly breach the ethics of journalism needed a way to make this go away or bury the larger issue, and fast. All most of them could do on their end was write articles, but that wouldn't have gotten the needed reaction fast enough.

Luckily, they had connections among this in-group (such as Zoe Quinn possibly being a part of it, as well as other indie devs and related people who follow people from the in-group and are followed back by them) which had, by now, years of experience in raising Twitter lynch mobs and who had the required number of followers among the SJW crowd. Thus, they mobilized them to turn what is a journalistic issue at heart into an SJW issue. And this they gladly did, because it meant getting to harass people.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Werthog 95 posted:

They had created such a hostile environment to newcomers in FYAD that essentially no new blood trickled in, and they literally had to force new people to post there through moderator bullshit, and even then the sole purpose of that was not to get new blood, but for the insular clique who have known each other for more than a decade now, to torment that person.

lol

Werthog 95 posted:

How do I know all this? Simple, I used to be part of it. I wasn't part of the FYAD in-group but one of the people who joined later on Twitter (although I had been posting and lurking on the SA forums for years beforehand, I simply didn't interact with FYAD). The 10 year-old harassment episode opened my eyes, and I used what I know to put 2 and 2 together, and here you are reading the results.

So what does this have to do with the larger SJW community?

Simple: This isn't about gamers, gaming or feminism. The SJW poo poo is simply a smoke-screen which an insular group of people who have known each other for over a decade use to get their truly massive amount of SJW Twitter followers who are not part of that in-group, to join in on harassment, which they get off on. I almost feel bad for legit SJWs who participate in this, they are merely useful idiots. If you are an SJW reading this: You have been tricked, rused, bamboozled. The same people who point you to targets which to attack are the very bullies you proclaim to loathe.

lol, lol, & lol

this is art

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A retrospective on ten years of gaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol @ anyone believing that

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

tales of a fourth-grade bad fyad

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

All of that and never once was the word "goons" used. I feel like that was a lost opportunity.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

tales of a fourth-grade bad fyad

I imagine that that person has never read or posted in fYAD ever.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

PleasingFungus posted:

you can't escape... the underscape!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I imagine that that person has never read or posted in fYAD ever.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

got an evening to myself. it's time to Game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
a vine of game dev https://vine.co/v/Ouu1O752pMm

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
mmo moneypit deathwatch update: Wildstar going to "megaservers", which are totally not server mergers, they're "megaservers". totally not merging servers since no one can get groups together for their totally-not-a-terrible-idea-in-tyool-2014 40-man raids

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i thought there already was no server selection ala old world of warcraft. i mean hell, can't you play cross realm in wow now too?

e: oh lol that was part of the "oldschool mmo charm"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fabricated posted:

mmo moneypit deathwatch update: Wildstar going to "megaservers", which are totally not server mergers, they're "megaservers". totally not merging servers since no one can get groups together for their totally-not-a-terrible-idea-in-tyool-2014 40-man raids

loving nice

• Locked thread