Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Byzantine posted:

In some variants of the story of Noah, what finally pushes God to destroy His creations is rampant cross-species sex - not only between man and beast, but also between angels and man, as well as the animals with other animals.

The male crow initially refuses to leave the Ark to search for dry land because he thinks Noah will bang his wife.

Bible fanfiction is really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
If it's old enough, it's considered classic literature.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Small Frozen Thing posted:

This. Furries sorta started down that route when a guy named Mark Merlino, who was one of the bigshots in the furry fandom those days, started inviting a lot of alt lifestyle people to the cons. Before then, it was pretty much nothing but your typical sci-fi con straight dudes.

The weird hyper-accepting fetish emporium they are these days is probably more an effect of the internet, though.

:nms::nms:

From the thumbnail, the picture looked like this "classic": :nws: because of bad language I guess, just to be safe. http://i.imgur.com/pc4ABq5.jpg

VV: Someone trolling a couple of furries on the internet.

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 00:41 on Sep 3, 2014

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Serperoth posted:

From the thumbnail, the picture looked like this "classic": :nws: because of bad language I guess, just to be safe. http://i.imgur.com/pc4ABq5.jpg

The gently caress did I just look at

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

Global Warming is over guys. Two years is enough of a data set to accurately make statements about a system that we usually measure in decades and centuries.

If it's measured in centuries why are you only posting data from the last forty years?

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

BgRdMchne posted:

If it's measured in centuries why are you only posting data from the last forty years?

Now that's some selective reading.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BgRdMchne posted:

Sure, leave out "decades".

Inconvenient truth indeed. :smug:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Byzantine posted:

In some variants of the story of Noah, what finally pushes God to destroy His creations is rampant cross-species sex - not only between man and beast, but also between angels and man, as well as the animals with other animals.

The male crow initially refuses to leave the Ark to search for dry land because he thinks Noah will bang his wife.

American McGee's Noah sounds good

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Man, I've been seeing Moneyface all over since it first appeared in this thread. Meme and funny picture pages have been posting variants of it and there's a Moneyface page with over 3,000 likes: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Same-Picture-of-Money-Face-Every-Day/714350901936079?ref=profile

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Affe mk2 posted:

Now that's some selective reading.

The world is obviously warming. The seas are losing salinity and a polar vortex will soon deep freeze the NY Public Library, but posting a graph that shows a linear decline in the ice caps size since the '70s isn't informative. The biggest worries are the global food supply and whether we can stop these warming trends. Better graphs would show a drastic increase in warming since the turn of the century coinciding with industrialization or would show international crop yields per year adjusted for global population alongside global temperature data.

:smugdog:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimmalah posted:

I've noticed most of the people who are into this poo poo have usually never been in a remotely rural area in their entire lives. Everyone I know who grew up "the country" was desperate to get the gently caress out of it because they're boring dead-end places.

That picture actually reminds me of a couple I knew, except the guy eventually died from an OD of methadone. Just a country thang! :clint:

This is from a page ago, but how do you OD on Methadone? Isn't it like a opiate substitute that helps the opiate receptors without getting you loaded?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

This is from a page ago, but how do you OD on Methadone? Isn't it like a opiate substitute that helps the opiate receptors without getting you loaded?

Bear in mind that "opiate substitute" almost always means "a different, less risky, but still insanely addictive opiate" and it will all become clear.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Turtlicious posted:

someone who takes methadone / oxy posted:

Methadone gives me no rush (actually I question whether or not oral opiates are capable of producing a rush...maybe at high doses), a little bit of euphoria, a decent bit of contentment, and a decent bit of sedation. Of course, all of that is dose dependant. The main thing that I really like about methadone is that it lasts for so long compared to oxy or h. If you take the right dose you're going strong for the entire day and a little into the night.

Methadone still leaves you pretty hosed up. Most people on methadone are probably still doing H too.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Turtlicious posted:

It's still an opioid, so it's going to have similar effects to some degree. And it's really really dangerous if you're obtaining it illegally and abusing it like the guy I mentioned instead of getting controlled doses through a clinic.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Firos posted:

Bible fanfiction is really weird.

Not even fanfiction; it dates back to the same time as the original. It could have gone in the Bible; the council of people putting the Bible together just went "eh, neah, too weird, not really needed". They didn't even take the "a Satanic deception" line. They fully believed it was a real religious document, they just didn't think it was important enough to include.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That makes sense, it's just a weirder one I've heard people ODing on. If you're mixing it with other poo poo though yeah that makes sense.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Serperoth posted:

VV: Someone trolling a couple of furries on the internet.

The part of this which is actually amusing is the irate boyfriend who seems baffled and confused by his own threats.

BACK THE gently caress OFF!? :byodood:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
NPR ran a story today about :byodood:Men's Rights Advocates:byodood:

I can't wait to see the fallout

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The part of this which is actually amusing is the irate boyfriend who seems baffled and confused by his own threats.

BACK THE gently caress OFF!? :byodood:

He's just from the Valley, like, you know?!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

canyoneer posted:

NPR ran a story today about :byodood:Men's Rights Advocates:byodood:

I can't wait to see the fallout

Haha, link?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Toriori posted:

Haha, link?

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/02/343970601/men-s-rights-movement

International Conference on Male Pattern Baldness

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BgRdMchne posted:

The world is obviously warming. The seas are losing salinity and a polar vortex will soon deep freeze the NY Public Library, but posting a graph that shows a linear decline in the ice caps size since the '70s isn't informative. The biggest worries are the global food supply and whether we can stop these warming trends. Better graphs would show a drastic increase in warming since the turn of the century coinciding with industrialization or would show international crop yields per year adjusted for global population alongside global temperature data.

:smugdog:

I think that's when they actually started measuring it, and since they were talking about ice levels, that's what I posted. Next time I'll derail even worse.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

IceAgeComing posted:

so a friend posted this on facebook...

Someone stamp the Country Thang watermark all over this

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Squallege posted:

Someone stamp the Country Thang watermark all over this

It's hard out there for a conservative brony

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

kinmik posted:

Is being from Utah a country thang? How about sex in an open field?

Is it wrong that all I can see in this picture is Tom Cruise loving himself?

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Khazar-khum posted:

Is it wrong that all I can see in this picture is Tom Cruise loving himself?

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what all of his dreams are like.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Byzantine posted:

In some variants of the story of Noah, what finally pushes God to destroy His creations is rampant cross-species sex - not only between man and beast, but also between angels and man

The 2011 game El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron is based on The Book of Enoch, wherein some angels leave heaven without permission to live on Earth. One of the fallen angels you're tasked with retrieving in the game (which you're hurrying to do before God finally gives up and floods the joint) evidently left heaven to get his groove on with scores upon scores of humans. God wasn't too happy about that.

also the game owns and you should play it if you get a chance

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Blue is me. This is on a Facebook group for local garage sales in my town. Her response to my last comment was "lol". I guess the idiot here is me for touching the poop instead of just flagging it, hiding it, and moving on.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Sometimes it's too tempting and you have to reach out and touch it just to remind yourself how much it stinks.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Every goddamn time someone says "I'm sorry you feel that way," I utter a short prayer that he or she steps on a LEGO while barefoot.

"Dude you've signed up for something that is obviously shady, maybe you should consider not participating in it"

"I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm going to keep doing what I want. Okay bye"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Idiots on Social Media: dose not mean their is no good

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
a UK friend of mine shared a giant post about Joe Arpaio and how he's invested and taken over animals shelters and have inmates care for them. She's from the UK so I don't think she understands just now lovely he treats his inmates in general. It's like 4 screens long, so I made an album for them instead.

http://imgur.com/a/ac8nm

I wrote a reply basically saying that owning a slave camp and denying people basic human rights in a loving county jail, doesn't really out-weigh that he like animals. gently caress that guy with his stupid tank.

e: it was shared with that crappy formatting.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Have another imgur album of idiots on Facebook.

http://imgur.com/a/z9RVf

Context: Able Body shares this article about California passing a new rape law that further spells out what constitutes consent. Able Body and Cole Slaw are the only women in the conversation.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

mng posted:

a UK friend of mine shared a giant post about Joe Arpaio and how he's invested and taken over animals shelters and have inmates care for them. She's from the UK so I don't think she understands just now lovely he treats his inmates in general. It's like 4 screens long, so I made an album for them instead.

http://imgur.com/a/ac8nm

I wrote a reply basically saying that owning a slave camp and denying people basic human rights in a loving county jail, doesn't really out-weigh that he like animals. gently caress that guy with his stupid tank.

e: it was shared with that crappy formatting.

Hitler was apparently pretty in favour of treating animals kindly, but was still a loving horrible person.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Slime posted:

Hitler was apparently pretty in favour of treating animals kindly, but was still a loving horrible person.

Ha, I almost Godwin'd there, but figured it might be in bad taste. He did love his wittle dog though :3: She rebutted with the usual 'if you can't do the time' etc. She smokes weed and she'd be the one forced in there for gently caress's sake. Unless it's a male only tent city, can't remember.

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Sep 3, 2014

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
This guy is planning to go to Norway for a year, tries to help his case by telling their civil service how much he loves Vikings and heavy metal. And that it's the only reason he's even bothering with the academic course in the first place.

edit: removed names, thanks for the warning! :)

Stottie Kyek has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Sep 3, 2014

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Stottie Kyek posted:

Bloodaxe (he calls himself that) is planning to go to Norway for a year, tries to help his case by telling their civil service how much he loves Vikings and heavy metal. And that it's the only reason he's even bothering with the academic course in the first place.

Is it the equivalent of wanting to go to Japan because of anime? I feel that it's a pretty similar situation. Are there people who want to go to the UK because of tea and Doctor Who or something?

VV: :negative:

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Sep 3, 2014

Folly
May 26, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Is it the equivalent of wanting to go to Japan because of anime? I feel that it's a pretty similar situation. Are there people who want to go to the UK because of tea and Doctor Who or something?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

I wanna go to Italy because I love spaghetti and political corruption.

• Locked thread