Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, would you like to try and play our game tonight?

With Madden out I'll get our game in tonight but I'm likely gonna drop a couple NCAA leagues, there's only so much time for internet football before the fiancee wants to strangle me with my controller cord, and doing 5 leagues is quite honestly too much in that category.

I'll let you know when I can play tonight.

E: can you play day game tomorrow? I'm a bad employee and burned PTO to play internet football

Dubious fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tomorrow is up in the air. I'm off Fri-Sat though.

And gently caress that. As hard as we with in this country you probably deserved that time off.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Just an FYI I'll be out of town Friday until Wednesday. I'm hoping things will be a little slow around Labor Day and with all the real football going on.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Just an FYI I'll be out of town Friday until Wednesday. I'm hoping things will be a little slow around Labor Day and with all the real football going on.

Yes in-motherfucking-deed. We're going to have at least a week after we advance.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

E: Dubious you have about 2hrs before I put you on AP and play the game. Let me know that you'll at least be able to play at some point this weekend and I'll hold off.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 30, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sorry for all the posts, and subsequent rushed update.

We're at Week 8!

Wreckus vs Dio
Myself vs my nemesis (ZSB)

Piper, Cletus, and Dubious have CPU games. If I haven't mentioned you then you have a bye.

We're not going to advance before next Friday unless all games are finished before then.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 30, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Wreckus is MIA but hopefully he sees that we need to play. I'm available after 630 pm est every night

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'll knock out mine tonight or tomorrow

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Diodeous posted:

Wreckus is MIA but hopefully he sees that we need to play. I'm available after 630 pm est every night

I'm on now for the rest of the night. I'll be on tonight and tomorrow.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Want to tomorrow night?

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 3, 2014

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Works for me

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Cool, how about 830 est tomorrow

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Thatll do

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, what's your schedule like on Friday?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

ZSB, what's your schedule like on Friday?

Atrocious, but I'll have time Saturday afternoon. I have a Varsity game to officiate...3 hours away from Austin 1 way. So uhh yeah I won't be around on Friday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's aim for Saturday afternoon, or early Sunday before the games (unless you go to church?).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Oh what the gently caress I paused my CPU game overnight to finish it this morning, then I see they released some XBL update that I was required to install before I could sign back in. So my game results got lost. I'll have to replay tonight. I had a really good game too. :(

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Let's aim for Saturday afternoon, or early Sunday before the games (unless you go to church?).

What's church? Either time works for me. After 2 pm on Saturday.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Got mine in, badgers over iowa 31-28. Really need to get better at FGs here, i missed a 20 yarder by a hair and had to restart before the end of a loving 62-62 tie because i hate the cpu in NCAA

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

What's church? Either time works for me. After 2 pm on Saturday.

Texas poo poo.

Let's shoot for 2:30-3.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Texas poo poo.

Let's shoot for 2:30-3.

I'm back now if you want to knock it out before the 3:30 ET slate of games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's go

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Once again my biggest concern with this team shows its true colors. After playing very potent in our first two attempts to play this game, my defense fails to collect a single sack or turnover in the third and final bout. The Cornhuskers had no answer for OSU's...passing attack?

OSU over Nebraska 49-28. Btw, my star QB is now out for 3 weeks.

With that aside we've advanced!

User Matchups:
#16 Mich St (Dio) @ Wisconsin (dubious)
#9 Nebraska (myself) @ #2 Michigan (Cletus)
Penn State (Wreckus) @ #10 UCLA (AF)
#12 USC (Sly) @ #1 tOSU (ZSB)

CPU Games:
NWU (Piper)

Looks like we're all going through a gauntlet of sorts. Cletus, we can play now if you want.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious, when is good for you? I'm free tomorrow evening and most evenings

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska over Big Blue, 42-28.

Should've kept the pedal to the floor in the second half.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah passing game did come through in that game, felt like you wanted to stack the box and I really needed to pass on early downs. Once I hit a couple deep passes, just wanted to keep pressing that instead of getting 2 yards on the ground. Then the defense did just enough, was surprised you didn't just get rid of the ball a bit more often on roll outs.

Sly - Got time tomorrow?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah passing game did come through in that game, felt like you wanted to stack the box and I really needed to pass on early downs. Once I hit a couple deep passes, just wanted to keep pressing that instead of getting 2 yards on the ground. Then the defense did just enough, was surprised you didn't just get rid of the ball a bit more often on roll outs.

Sly - Got time tomorrow?

I tried to throw the ball away on that last awful sack but it didn't take.

Btw, we have an SEC matchup as well. If you're free we can play it now. I'm trying to free up my time during the week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I tried to throw the ball away on that last awful sack but it didn't take.

Btw, we have an SEC matchup as well. If you're free we can play it now. I'm trying to free up my time during the week.

I'll be able to play after the Hokie game tonight, but at this point too close to kick. Just want to see those glorious Buckeye tears.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

Dubious, when is good for you? I'm free tomorrow evening and most evenings

We can try sneak it in tomorrow night?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah just gimme a time

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

Yeah just gimme a time

how does 8 pst work? Not sure what time zone you're in. If not then, anytime after work monday on works, i get home around 5PST unless I-5 clogs.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Let's aim for Monday. I'm est so 8pst is too late for me tonight. I have to wake up early all week

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Nebraska over Big Blue, 42-28.

Should've kept the pedal to the floor in the second half.
That was a really rough first half for me, after what was feeling like a hot start for my QB.

I remember you telling me in another dynasty that you'd force me to throw picks by shutting down my running game, feels like it's been a long time since I'd played against you though so I forgot what I was in for. I wasn't prepared to not be able to rely on my HB for much. Great defensive game on your part.

At least I still have this insane recruiting class that keeps getting better.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You are a recruiting hack.

After last season's ACC free fall my DB skills have been doing the same. I once was able to scan the whole field and see everything, but that's been very hard to do lately. Just before we played I got smashed on by ZSB because I couldn't make a play on the ball.

On top of that, I consistently blitz 5 guys but get pretty much no pressure. So I was amazed to see you running for your life back there.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Just got whooped up on. Brutal, 38-14 USC.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I wish solid wins counted double (not actually as usually I am the whoopee), someone still needs to do me a solid and give Z another loss...and then not turn around and beat me *cough AF *cough

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
How the hell did I ever beat USC?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious, I should be around tonight for our game, but I've got a new roommate moving in, so I think we might just want to try for tomorrow or Weds

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

AF, I can play tonight or tomorrow whenever works for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I can play tonight. I should be available after 10:15 PM Central.

• Locked thread