Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

porkchop_express posted:

toys r us is literally rape so pls trigger warn next time thx

jeffery the giraffe rape threat. moving to undisclosed location. if i dont reply in 1 hr call 911 thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

gender roles are an issue, tits in games are not.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess I just don't understand how video games are, simultaneously, miserable toys for dumb children that don't matter at all, and also a horribly bigoted threat to society that needs to be painstakingly analyzed and changed ASAP

same way you prolly don't want lego to start replacing all their girl lines/figures with strippers and night club/alleyway sets

they're dumb toys, but they're dumb toys for impressionable children and preteens (aka heavier children)

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Neurolimal posted:

same way you prolly don't want lego to start replacing all their girl lines/figures with strippers and night club/alleyway sets

they're dumb toys, but they're dumb toys for impressionable children and preteens (aka heavier children)

hahaha, if your kids are sooooo impressionable that some toys can change alter their personalities and perceptions, then it's the parents fault for raising such wimpy kids.

Bondage fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 3, 2014

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
lego cucking set pls

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Neurolimal posted:

You know games have a rating system already right.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So has the gaming journalism industry imploded on itself over a girl having sex yet or should I wait a few more days to check this thread again

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the esrb doesn't cover "warning: all of the female characters in this game suck hard"

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Tei posted:

The point of making games is releasing them, not how you manage. If you could make a game by using macros in excel, thats fine. Programming is usually required to make games, but with interactive fiction is possible that some people will be able to make games just using the tools at they disposal, maybe getting help in packaging by having somebody make the installer.

wtf, no. Just loving no.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Wounded Unicorn posted:

So has the gaming journalism industry imploded on itself over a girl having sex yet or should I wait a few more days to check this thread again

dude it's not about sex, i don't even like sex with girls

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

the esrb doesn't cover "warning: all of the female characters in this game suck hard"

That sounds like Earthbound level marketing for a sex game.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 3, 2014

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Neurolimal posted:

b..b..but i thought women being sex workers and strippers were owning their sexuality like feminists wanted? so what's so wrong with it?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
thats a p lightweight trolling attempt duder, C-

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bondage posted:

b..b..but i thought women being sex workers and strippers were owning their sexuality like feminists wanted? so what's so wrong with it?

that's the argument that dude from Volition made where he said the problem wasn't that many of the women were big titted hookers, but that he called them "ho's" which was disrespectful to their profession

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
its me. im the gamergate.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Bondage posted:

In the beginning of secret of mana, you pull a dick out of a vagina, kind of makes you think. Also, trees are women.

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Neurolimal posted:

thats a p lightweight trolling attempt duder, C-

thats a p lightweight nonchalant dismissive comment because you cant handle it, C-

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Hows it going on in the Armenian Gamercide?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
It's still hard out here on the frontlines of the gamer wars. I've quit my job at the Quick Trip to dedicate all my time to the war and I never thought it would go on this long. It's been 24 hours since I've seen an episode of MLP, my supply of snacks is running low and the electric bill is due in a week. The only thing that keeps me going are encouraging letters from my waifu.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
never expect professionalism in any business i mean come on lol

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

coleman francis posted:

never expect professionalism in any business i mean come on lol

sad but true.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Paladinus posted:

There aren't nearly enough Jews in video games. And when there are you mostly play as Soviets or allies during WWII saving Jews who are stripped of all agency. I'm not saying this needs to be changed, but antisemitism is a very pervasive trend in video games industry and the way Jewish symbolism is used in games such as Final Fantasy VII or Devil May Cry perpetuates many hurtful stereotypes.

Get yourself some of The Shivah.

*cue 70's slap-bass*

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

It's still hard out here on the frontlines of the gamer wars. I've quit my job at the Quick Trip to dedicate all my time to the war and I never thought it would go on this long. It's been 24 hours since I've seen an episode of MLP, my supply of snacks is running low and the electric bill is due in a week. The only thing that keeps me going are encouraging letters from my waifu.

It's really for the best, a pack of angry gamers burned down the quiktrip last night during a bout of protesting. It's easy to identify with their frustration.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess I just don't understand how video games are, simultaneously, miserable toys for dumb children that don't matter at all, and also a horribly bigoted threat to society that needs to be painstakingly analyzed and changed ASAP

Some games are dumb toys to waste your time and some aspire to be something more than that mechanically and/or story-wise.

I don't know if we really need to change dumb ones to be more inclusive, because, frankly, I suck at most games and the ones I play regularly tend to be chess clones and other games that rarely feature strong character development or whatever. So I don't care that much how many points you get for dead prostitutes in some FPS. And hey, if one day they decide to change all female skins in League of Legends to be more modest, I wouldn't care either. But even as it is, if it's fun to play, play it. It's not like games can make you gay or a rapist. Neither can books, films and even comics, unless you're a disturbed individual to begin with.

Do we need more artsy games, or games delving into complex subjects? Why not. I rather like some of them, too.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

goddamn

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Do we need more artsy games, or games delving into complex subjects? Why not. I rather like some of them, too.

Yeah, that'd be great, which is why we don't need a clique of a dozen San Francisco hipsters controlling all the media coverage in favor of churned-out low effort poo poo they made themselves. If games are good, then people will probably buy them.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

drat

I still wanna send Patrick klepek and Zoe Quinn over to the Islamic state tho

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Spiky Ooze posted:

You know games have a rating system already right.

look my child is wise beyond his years just because he's 7 doesn't mean he shouldn't be playing the newest gta or fallout game.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shadoer posted:

So what should we call them other than Social Justice Warriors?

Apostles of the Godhand? (AotG)
White Knights of Thanos? (WKoT)
The Purifiers?

Faggots that care about pointless bullshit.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Bondage posted:

hahaha, if your kids are sooooo impressionable that some toys can change alter their personalities and perceptions, then it's the parents fault for raising such wimpy kids.

I wandered into the girls toy aisle when I was a child. I don't remember doing it but I must have because I'm gay as hell.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Ooohhhh burn

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This fact is why SJWs are laughable faggots that should be actively ridiculed.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Powercrazy posted:

This fact is why SJWs are laughable faggots that should be actively ridiculed.

I could have sworn there were also dozens, possibly hundreds, of other reasons, but alright.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Get yourself some of The Shivah.

*cue 70's slap-bass*

I actually wanted to mention this game as a very rare positive example of a game with Jewish characters. But this is just one game out of literally hundreds of thousands.

What I would also like to mention is that in existing antisemitic society we all live in, many Jews develop internalised antisemitism. So even when you say that there are plenty of Jewish game developers, like Dave Gilbert, it doesn't mean that their depiction of Jews is always good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.angryjew.game
Yes, this game is literally called Angry Jew, and although it's made by Jews, you play as a caricature of a Jew killing Slavic people to restore Jewish holy books (cf. blood libel, i.e. Jews were believed to use blood of Christians in their rituals).

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
there should be a bulge slider for male characters

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Bludge slider? gently caress that, I want a penis girth slide bar, length scale, tip radius customizer increaser and a movable chart on ball sag.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
also the game should let me put freckles/moles/those white bump ingrown hairs on a custom 3-d map model of a scrotum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Blizzard, take notes. Only by doing this for the new warlords of dranor or whatever can you make up for all the hot rear end titty armor and sexism.

• Locked thread