Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Servers poo poo themselves for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Zephyrine posted:

Who did I just run into?

In the future, press and hold F to view character names.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Who did I just run into?

That would be me, i was burning time and farming lvl 20 gear to grind down to semiconductors.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
BWA is fantastic for that in my experience. Doing a basic money run nets me at least 10-30 depending on how many Chosen I stop to shoot.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Nalin posted:

In the future, press and hold F to view character names.

I wasn't looking for the characters name. I already knew that.

Micr0chiP posted:

That would be me, i was burning time and farming lvl 20 gear to grind down to semiconductors.

Hows thumping then? I haven't done it in a while now because stopping to held people with thumpers usually net me very little ore and no XP.

Inimicul posted:

BWA is fantastic for that in my experience. Doing a basic money run nets me at least 10-30 depending on how many Chosen I stop to shoot.

Never not shot Chosen.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Zephyrine posted:

Hows thumping then? I haven't done it in a while now because stopping to held people with thumpers usually net me very little ore and no XP.

Never not shot Chosen.

Thumping is still boring as poo poo but if you get a good spot for drops and can solo S3 you're gonna get a lot of drops at any level but due to the recent nerfs any vein you find will run dry in four or five thumpers at best, it's usually less. Also the second you start thumping idiots will start showing up trying to get your kills so there's that too.

Shooting Chosen only slows you down when doing a money run, you just want those boxes and restart because that way you'll get way more salvage in less time unless you're doing it on hardcore for the level 40 salvage but then again why would you, there's better more painless sources at the moment, not so much because of the event stuff, that rarely spawns in high level areas though.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I thought thumping was about Ore and the enemies were just an annoyance.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Zephyrine posted:

I thought thumping was about Ore and the enemies were just an annoyance.

gently caress no, not since launch, you thump to get monsters to spawn so you can farm drops, that's how I got most of my epics and a decent amount of credits.

Dingo Unchained
May 28, 2013

Morglon posted:

Thumping is still boring as poo poo but if you get a good spot for drops and can solo S3 you're gonna get a lot of drops at any level but due to the recent nerfs any vein you find will run dry in four or five thumpers at best, it's usually less. Also the second you start thumping idiots will start showing up trying to get your kills so there's that too.

Shooting Chosen only slows you down when doing a money run, you just want those boxes and restart because that way you'll get way more salvage in less time unless you're doing it on hardcore for the level 40 salvage but then again why would you, there's better more painless sources at the moment, not so much because of the event stuff, that rarely spawns in high level areas though.

Any tips on soloing S3's? Playing a bastion atm, but I just get my rear end handed to me. Can't seem to find any youtube guides or anything along those lines either.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Gotta find the right spot and practice. Also get a feel for the local wildlife, Sertao in general is fairly lovely becaues it has lots of ranged mobs that hit fairly hard but if you find a spot where all the enemies spawn in one place, don't have direct line of sight to the thumper and/ or have to funnel through a tight spot you can easily oversee with your turrets you're golden. The more of these criteria your thumping spot meets the better but you can certainly make it work with only one or two of them, depending on how good you are with your sticky grenades and how many turrets you have. More turrets doesn't always equal better though and you don't want to max them out because then all you do is run around trying to keep them up and not explode the place.

Dingo Unchained
May 28, 2013

Morglon posted:

Gotta find the right spot and practice. Also get a feel for the local wildlife, Sertao in general is fairly lovely becaues it has lots of ranged mobs that hit fairly hard but if you find a spot where all the enemies spawn in one place, don't have direct line of sight to the thumper and/ or have to funnel through a tight spot you can easily oversee with your turrets you're golden. The more of these criteria your thumping spot meets the better but you can certainly make it work with only one or two of them, depending on how good you are with your sticky grenades and how many turrets you have. More turrets doesn't always equal better though and you don't want to max them out because then all you do is run around trying to keep them up and not explode the place.

Thanks, that's probably why. Rockdogs are the bane of my life

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The new Devil's Tusk raid is online. It takes about 1.5 hours to complete and it has you assaulting a bunch of the major POIs in Devil's Tusk, each one with a different capture mechanic. Level 40 minimum, no lockout period. You can get a bunch of level 40 modules during it, with a decent chance at some blue and purple modules for rewards.

Be warned, though, that the first stage has you spawn in the air with a glider aimed straight for the melding. One of our poor goon brethren went AFK and came back to a 4000+ crystite repair bill after spending the first 7 minutes of the instance becoming acquainted with the melding.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Nalin posted:

The new Devil's Tusk raid is online. It takes about 1.5 hours to complete and it has you assaulting a bunch of the major POIs in Devil's Tusk, each one with a different capture mechanic. Level 40 minimum, no lockout period. You can get a bunch of level 40 modules during it, with a decent chance at some blue and purple modules for rewards.

Be warned, though, that the first stage has you spawn in the air with a glider aimed straight for the melding. One of our poor goon brethren went AFK and came back to a 4000+ crystite repair bill after spending the first 7 minutes of the instance becoming acquainted with the melding.

Well at leas his glider opened, half our raid kept plummeting straight into the ground. Pretty fun otherwise even though I got shafted on loot, only greens and one lovely blue for the end reward. Have to check what kind of stuff I can get for the tokens though and it's very much worth it, we should just get a bunch of people and chain run it. This also literally makes everything else that you can do at 40 obsolete.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 1, 2014

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Morglon posted:

Well at leas his glider opened, half our raid kept plummeting straight into the ground. Pretty fun otherwise even though I got shafted on loot, only greens and one lovely blue for the end reward. Have to check what kind of stuff I can get for the tokens though and it's very much worth it, we should just get a bunch of people and chain run it. This also literally makes everything else that you can do at 40 obsolete.

The raid itself is pretty straightforward: kill everything. You get to shoot Darkslips, cannons, sintowers and more chosen than you ever thought existed. No minibosses or bosses, and since it is basically just like running around in the open world, there isn't a preferred class etc. I got two purple mods from it last night, and a bunch of blue and greens. I don't have the best rig, so my fps dropped down really low at times, but I imagine more normal people will get a ton of straight loot drops from the mobs if you are fast enough.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Time to whip up another AHK script that just sends E every 50ms. Should make that encounter more profitable. Join as a bastion and poo poo turrets everywhere and just run around the rest of the time scooping poo poo.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I levelled one of each type to level 10 to try them on and somehow Rhino ended up as my "main" frame despite my best efforts to not end up as a Dread.

Turret Mode and enough iron for a near unlimited supply of ammo packs sealed the fate of the other frames.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Ran the new raid a bunch today, some with pubbies and some just with goons. It's great for crystite and the drops are solid too. There's one bug where it can get stuck and waste 20 minutes if a friendly AI stands in the wrong place, which was frustrating, and the mandatory 3 minute waits between stages are annoying until you need to grab a glass of water, but that aside it's a great way to farm level 40 drops, and pretty fun besides. A real target-rich environment. Being a level 40 only raid I'm confused as to why it gives (a lot of) XP.

As a result, I just kitted my firecat out with a level 40 havoc thermal cannon with purple devil's havoc, fusilade, and high yield modules. It has a 7.36 meter radius AoE (14.72 meters in diameter). I fire and my entire screen floods with flame; it's amazing. A 12 round magazine and more AoE on the secondary fire than some assault primaries are just icing on the cake. It's like carrying a mini-nuke launcher. Much more DPS than my level 39 tigerclaw, too, even ignoring the fact that I'm generally hitting 10-15 targets at once.

We also tried Baneclaw with a pure-goon group several times. Never quite managed to kill it before the timeout, though we got close once or twice. That thing's really difficult.

Zephyrine posted:

Turret Mode and enough iron for a near unlimited supply of ammo packs sealed the fate of the other frames.
Turret mode is pretty amazing, and if you don't have hundreds of ammo packs in your inventory you're doing something wrong regardless of the class. Lots of people like Mammoth better in particular though. The touch of AOE is really satisfying when enemies cluster up helpfully, and teleport shot makes up for some of the mobility issues.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yeah, Baneclaw is by far the most difficult boss in the game. Kanaloa is pretty easy in comparison: don't shoot the bugs, leave the area of the charge attacks. With Baneclaw you have to do enough damage while avoiding a CONSTANT onslaught of zone attacks and rolling rageclaws. Plus he often becomes invulnerable while doing one of his attacks, while Kanaloa can be hurt at all times. To make it all the more hilarious, Kanaloa gives better rewards.

We got close, though, with our best run ending when Baneclaw had 11% HP left. We had one person who died in the first 30 seconds, and another who claimed they barely did damage. We could do it with a little more planning and luck. Getting 850-900 PR, coordinating power fields and heals better, and using adrenaline injectors would be all it takes. Seriously, get adrenaline injectors. They cost 250 crystite from any voucher vendor, so if you see them below 10 credits on the market, pick some up. With power field and adrenaline, your DPS practically triples.

Aupuch
Jul 25, 2000
Forum Veteran
Some pictures from the Warfront Goon Raid.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I think it's the Arsenal only perk, or maybe it's the level 10 one, but there is one for dreads where every time you activate an ability, you get 10% of your max ammo back. And going into AND out of turret mode counts as an activation. And turret mode has a 15-20s cool down or something silly low, so once I found that out I never needed another ammo pack on my arsenal again.

The invasion raid was pretty great, and a great way to get some unique 40 mods that will sell to pubbies for stupid amounts, or to put in your own stuff. We blazed through the whole thing in about an hour or so, with just 11 goons. And I was not geared for that poo poo at all. I think I wasn't even past 600pr. Good fun though, and great for drops and Cy.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

Yeah, Baneclaw is by far the most difficult boss in the game. Kanaloa is pretty easy in comparison: don't shoot the bugs, leave the area of the charge attacks. With Baneclaw you have to do enough damage while avoiding a CONSTANT onslaught of zone attacks and rolling rageclaws. Plus he often becomes invulnerable while doing one of his attacks, while Kanaloa can be hurt at all times. To make it all the more hilarious, Kanaloa gives better rewards.

We got close, though, with our best run ending when Baneclaw had 11% HP left. We had one person who died in the first 30 seconds, and another who claimed they barely did damage. We could do it with a little more planning and luck. Getting 850-900 PR, coordinating power fields and heals better, and using adrenaline injectors would be all it takes. Seriously, get adrenaline injectors. They cost 250 crystite from any voucher vendor, so if you see them below 10 credits on the market, pick some up. With power field and adrenaline, your DPS practically triples.

Hellclaws make or break that raid, if left unchecked there end up being so many of them it is nearly impossible to stay alive. When BC goes invuln you got to focus fire and take as many of them out as you can. It seems pointless if you are trying to solo one, because they have so much hp, but they are the key because they are the ones that do all the killing.

BC is also the one boss that certain classes wont fare as well in, turret bastions, and sniper raptor\nh come to mind, and having low powered frames will hurt. Dragonflies are worth their weight in gold. In addition, make some xl or xxl stimpack\health packs (I prefer stim). You shouldn't need more than 2 per run, but when the healing pillar drops on the other side of the map, or the df is busy triaging people, you will want that quick health boost.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

xxEightxx posted:

Hellclaws make or break that raid, if left unchecked there end up being so many of them it is nearly impossible to stay alive. When BC goes invuln you got to focus fire and take as many of them out as you can. It seems pointless if you are trying to solo one, because they have so much hp, but they are the key because they are the ones that do all the killing.

BC is also the one boss that certain classes wont fare as well in, turret bastions, and sniper raptor\nh come to mind, and having low powered frames will hurt. Dragonflies are worth their weight in gold. In addition, make some xl or xxl stimpack\health packs (I prefer stim). You shouldn't need more than 2 per run, but when the healing pillar drops on the other side of the map, or the df is busy triaging people, you will want that quick health boost.

gently caress no, Bastions are great, you just have to set your poo poo up right and they'll push constant damage without getting killed by anything anything in there does. When he goes invulnerable they'll clean out the small poo poo really well. Then you can just jump around and shoot whatever with your secondary while eating stims if you ever get hurt. Relying on Dragonflies for your healing isn't really a good thing either, standing together will absolutely get people killed since he throws around those purple pillar things that will down you if you're in them and more people close together means more pillars close together which makes them a bitch and a half to dodge.

Aupuch
Jul 25, 2000
Forum Veteran

Morglon posted:

gently caress no, Bastions are great, you just have to set your poo poo up right and they'll push constant damage without getting killed by anything anything in there does. When he goes invulnerable they'll clean out the small poo poo really well. Then you can just jump around and shoot whatever with your secondary while eating stims if you ever get hurt. Relying on Dragonflies for your healing isn't really a good thing either, standing together will absolutely get people killed since he throws around those purple pillar things that will down you if you're in them and more people close together means more pillars close together which makes them a bitch and a half to dodge.

With the healing pillar, its important to throw it out on a purple spot, that way when the healing pillar activates, the purple poo poo has already ticked its damage. People obviously need to pay attention and not get in the pillar before that purple poo poo ticks. YMMV.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Morglon posted:

I've never seen a turret in the mid or late stage of the raid. Where are you placing them that they can survive?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

xxEightxx posted:

I've never seen a turret in the mid or late stage of the raid. Where are you placing them that they can survive?

Those shards or rock things, heavies go on top, the rest you stick to the thing from below, heavies have too much health to get taken out all at once and the rest will never get hit because the small claws have no ranged attacks and nothing spawns underneath overhanging poo poo. Also turrets are not affected by his tantrum attack at all so the only way for them to die is to expire so yes, you do have to replace them eventually but my turrets are always still there for their maximum duration even if I die.

Now that I'm thinking about it the only way to take out anything is to literally drag the small claws over it, my second heavy is never covered by my sentinel pod.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Morglon posted:

the small claws have no ranged attacks

I disagree. I get shot out of the sky quite often by those fucks. When we were on the PTS you could see them shoot out the little electricity tendrils like you see with the Tigerclaw's Disruption ability but I haven't seen the graphic since 1.0 got pushed to the live server.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Inimicul posted:

I disagree. I get shot out of the sky quite often by those fucks. When we were on the PTS you could see them shoot out the little electricity tendrils like you see with the Tigerclaw's Disruption ability but I haven't seen the graphic since 1.0 got pushed to the live server.

Could have that bug where the melee attack ignores Y values, similar to when Bronotdons flips you up into the air when you're already 30 meters above them.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

I don't know what the hellclaw's secret is, and I suspect that is why so many people die. I suspect it has some pbaoe or short range attack.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Ralith posted:

Turret mode is pretty amazing, and if you don't have hundreds of ammo packs in your inventory you're doing something wrong regardless of the class. Lots of people like Mammoth better in particular though. The touch of AOE is really satisfying when enemies cluster up helpfully, and teleport shot makes up for some of the mobility issues.

Turret mode might be too good. I get this feeling when using it as if the developers are about to take it away. My guess is that they reduce the strength of the shield so I'll end up having to leave turret mode to move to safer spots whenever poisons lands on me.

An engineer even placed one of those health/ammo pads on me when I was in turret mode and that has never happened before or since.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Zephyrine posted:

Turret mode might be too good. I get this feeling when using it as if the developers are about to take it away. My guess is that they reduce the strength of the shield so I'll end up having to leave turret mode to move to safer spots whenever poisons lands on me.

An engineer even placed one of those health/ammo pads on me when I was in turret mode and that has never happened before or since.

The shield isn't terribly strong on its own, you have to supplement it with perks or other shield abilities and it's more of a damage increase skill. I found that using it while alone the not being able to move part got me killed a bunch. I don't think it'll get nerfed because it's fairly situational but I'd like to have a special variant that gives you some gimmick or just a wider firing arc.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I got a bunch of 40 Red Bean codes while at PAX. Turns out you can't redeem more than one per account.

So, up for grabs! Quote as you redeem so I can get them crossed off.

Edit--All gone! I didn't realize the forum was public, but at least most of them did fall into Goon hands.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 4, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Took V6TY5-S4PY5-PCC73-7JDMR-AFMJU

Thanks!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Epic High Five posted:

Took V6TY5-S4PY5-PCC73-7JDMR-AFMJU

Thanks!

YU5AD-UEJJ2-63U53-F3KXG-A5SHP

Used and THANK YOU!

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

quote:

T8DDQ-VU55D-MYD38-B3T84-EL5RH

I used this one. Thanks a bunch! :v:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Pyroclastic posted:

SRSRG-A438G-BCYU6-YT3A5-JUN9A

Used this one. Thanks!

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Pyroclastic posted:

W3P9D-94T56-PJUD3-CVRRA-Y3R5V
XZNE8-3RQWB-L9S5V-B9RHY-ARTN3
YU5AD-UEJJ2-63U53-F3KXG-A5SHP
V6TY5-S4PY5-PCC73-7JDMR-AFMJU
4TECR-EHDDH-XTD5T-Z9BGZ-KBHGN
DVKXA-N2TPL-U85GE-R558W-X5E3X
VWVZ6-QYJH6-9336D-382NS-Y3Z63
BT8A5-TEAK8-5347Z-DD2R5-PVEXJ <--- Takeded
BH7DQ-34XY7-D89FD-G8BZT-L2SCQ
UPDMH-YKQ7Y-NMLPQ-QMA5S-AXDE7
T8DDQ-VU55D-MYD38-B3T84-EL5RH
CDXD3-EUT94-NURPN-MRYP3-2BDKU
EJ836-48UTY-CARTS-8SCF8-CVF95
DPYMC-82ZZR-KGL53-Z7L5X-Z6EGF
SRSRG-A438G-BCYU6-YT3A5-JUN9A
BU3UZ-B5U95-NQUVR-MW5LH-6WCZC

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 3, 2014

Seanightjar
Apr 1, 2011

VWVZ6-QYJH6-9336D-382NS-Y3Z63

redeemed

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

I got this one, DVKXA-N2TPL-U85GE-R558W-X5E3X, thanks dude.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Pyroclastic posted:

I got a bunch of 40 Red Bean codes while at PAX. Turns out you can't redeem more than one per account.

BU3UZ-B5U95-NQUVR-MW5LH-6WCZC
Thanking you, good sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
CDXD3-EUT94-NURPN-MRYP3-2BDKU

thanks!

• Locked thread