Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Gamer "culture" is pretty goddamn toxic but goddamn, the white guilt ridden sjws are catching up nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Red Suit posted:

What the gently caress is WizardChan and why am I seeing references to it?

It's a chan for virgins who are depressed about not having sex.

They didn't like depression quest because...

1. It sucked.

2. They literally think it's impossible to be a sexually active female and be depressed.

3. They felt depression quest didn't touch what depression is really like. In example, there is no segment in the game where you play pre-teen sex-anime flash games at home naked at wish for the sweet release of death while jacking it and crying at the same time.

4. Zoe is a fat annoying blob who can't be depressed because her con like ways sound fun and not depressing at all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't ever want this to end. Somehow, someway, this has damaged both sides pretty hilariously. Meanwhile, I played Pokemon today. Was a lot of fun. I'll just keep soldierin' on, I guess.:tipshat:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Then Zoe said she was harassed by them and one jerked off on the phone to her.

Dunno what she is whining about, that sounds pretty awesome IMO

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BombiTheZombie posted:

Gamer "culture" is pretty goddamn toxic but goddamn, the white guilt ridden sjws are catching up nicely.

Yup.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Cycloneman posted:

It's a website for depressed male virgins, like 4chan, but with a more restricted userbase.

read: No girls allowed, but that is actually a forums rule imposed.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Did they actually call it WizardChan? Holy poo poo that is sad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

slowbeef posted:

Lol. As if it needs to be enforced.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

slowbeef posted:

Seriously? Is having a girl on a forum that much of a trigger? I guess if all they did was criticize her game and not Zoe herself, then they didn't actually harass her though.

I'm also really glad /pol/ is trying to connect this to DARPA. :allears:

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

I wonder, what are the chances of some proper journalist form some proper publication doing a piece on this whole retarded rigmarole. Theoretically it could make a pretty decent article.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Wizard is a slang term for a male 40 yrs of age or more who has not yet had sex lol

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Why is it called wizardchan? idgi

Im torn between wanting to visit the boards to laugh at them and wanting to forget they exist.

edit: that answers my question, also im pretty sure wizards get tons of pussy so it doesnt make sense.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

blainestereo posted:

I wonder, what are the chances of some proper journalist form some proper publication doing a piece on this whole retarded rigmarole. Theoretically it could make a pretty decent article.

You're going to have to wait awhile for that.

At the moment the fires are still pretty hot that it's knee-jerk reactionary pieces all around. There's no time for research or thought! Just post what ever seems most popular or politically correct. Time is click-money!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Jes Baker is amusing. http://www.worldlifestyle.com/beauty-style/14-things-every-fat-girl-absolutely-needs-to-hear

quote:

1. Everyone has rolls when they bend over. Everyone. Lets just get this out of the way right off the bat. In the last few months, I've had over 30 women ranging from rail thin to extra large naked in my bed and I would routinely ask them to hug their knees. You wont believe this... ALL OF THEM HAD TUMMY ROLLS. Not one was exempt. Even my super fabulous professional model 6 foot tall and some amazing Katie had rolls. The stomach pictures turned into some of my favorite images from the project... so quit thinking they're bad, and try accepting (dare I say embracing?) yours!

2. When people say "you're gorgeous", believe them. I tend not to, and it's a cryin' shame. When people genuinely compliment you, it's because they really see it. Try to not dismiss their perspective as wrong and assume that you know better. They see all of you. We see our flaws. Believe them.

3. "Arm flab is embarrassing." No its not, go gently caress yourself. No, not you. The people who tell us that, silly.

4. You're not stunning despite your body. You're stunning because of your body. There is a distinct difference. I grew up in a culture that would deem "unattractive" women as "special spirits". A degrading categorization that implied that the only thing worthwhile was whatever was inside. Well, yeah. We are all much much more than our bodies, but our bodies are a beautiful part of us too. Beauty comes from the inside AND the outside. I am of the firm belief that every person is beautiful, and so this leaves the inside to be the part that is the most telling when it comes to true "beauty".

5. A guy can pick you up off your feet, and it won't break his back. "Wait, whaaaaaa Jes? You're full of poo poo." Nope. This just happened to me for the first time in... six years? I'm considerably heavier than I was 6 years ago (like... 70 pounds heavier) and so when I ran up to my friend Eric for a hug and he picked me up with my heels in the air... it left me breathless. I had forgotten that it was possible; I had accepted a life void of being lifted. So exhilarating. Eric didn't suffer any injuries and walked away unscathed.

Eric is, of course, an Icelandic strongman.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Red Suit posted:

Seriously? Is having a girl on a forum that much of a trigger? I guess if all they did was criticize her game and not Zoe herself, then they didn't actually harass her though.

I'm also really glad /pol/ is trying to connect this to DARPA. :allears:

I remember a screenshot of a post that says women and Zoe in particular can't have depression because they can just spread their legs and get all the love and attention they need. Don't know anything apart from this, though. It might have been fake, sarcasm or an unpopular opinion.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

blainestereo posted:

I wonder, what are the chances of some proper journalist form some proper publication doing a piece on this

About as likely as someone not backing down from exposing the blowjobs for jobs stuff in Hollywood.

The gaming establishment picked their side, and it's be known for doing all that stuff and then enforce silence about it.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Paladinus posted:

I remember a screenshot of a post that says women and Zoe in particular can't have depression because they can just spread their legs and get all the love and attention they need. Don't know anything apart from this, though. It might have been fake, sarcasm or an unpopular opinion.

That's a dumb statement by an idiot. I don't doubt Zoe has depression, I just think that she treats her depression by being absolutely evil to pretty much everyone, and then cries victim when called out on it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Paladinus posted:

Its tru but not the reason, its because depression is fake

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Forums Barber posted:

meanwhile, the front page has a 'wacky' article about how this is totally a bunch of neckbeards angry about nothing, lol.

Whoa whoa whoa, this caught my attention- are you saying a lovely, unfunny article got published on SA's front page? Wow! I can't believe it!

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Maybe they're sick of white people adamantly declaring how racist things are. In my experience, 90% of SJWs are white, so I could actually see a bit of frustration--look at the black guy who got accused of being white for daring to disagree with the hivemind.

A lot of the SJW's are also the type of sheltered nerds that will endlessly talk about how terrible ferguson is on twitter and how they hope more minorities will be included in video games on forums but are the first ones to cross the street when they come across anyone vaguely non-white.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
A few things keep me interested. One being that so many people are going to the mat for a downright terrible person. I mean she hosed over a charity and then laughed about it with her friends. A lot of this poo poo could have been avoided if SJWs just quietly expelled her.

The other reason I'm still interested is just because I've enjoyed seeing a few people switch sides, the censorship, the completely unresearched articles, the admissions from bloggers, the forced apologies and hopefully potential financial damage or layoffs.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Zoe Quinn started a #conspiracy hashtag to counter #notyourshield and it's even loving dumber because it's angry SJWs and game reviewers trying to make fun of people for the amazing ability to have a memory of Doritos pope.

also she claiming 4chan is harrassing her because a troll said something pretty lovely, only to get banned and laughed at immediately.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I wonder what DMX's views on gender are.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
In Defense of Bingo Wings

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Ponce de Le0n posted:

A lot of the SJW's are also the type of sheltered nerds that will endlessly talk about how terrible ferguson is on twitter and how they hope more minorities will be included in video games on forums but are the first ones to cross the street when they come across anyone vaguely non-white.

loving THIS.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I wonder what DMX's views on gender are.

He shows no love for homo thugs but if u aint thuggin u aiight

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

NutritiousSnack posted:

Zoe Quinn started a #conspiracy hashtag to counter #notyourshield and it's even loving dumber because it's angry SJWs and game reviewers trying to make fun of people for the amazing ability to have a memory of Doritos pope.

also she claiming 4chan is harrassing her because a troll said something pretty lovely, only to get banned and laughed at immediately.

she keeps doing the exact thing people have called her out for doing repeatedly and people still march to defend her.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Spiky Ooze posted:

About as likely as someone not backing down from exposing the blowjobs for jobs stuff in Hollywood.

The gaming establishment picked their side, and it's be known for doing all that stuff and then enforce silence about it.

I could see the New Yorker doing a story on it just because of how bizarre this all seems from the outside. I don't think any actual publications give a gently caress about the "gaming establishment."

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

A few things keep me interested. One being that so many people are going to the mat for a downright terrible person. I mean she hosed over a charity and then laughed about it with her friends. A lot of this poo poo could have been avoided if SJWs just quietly expelled her.

If her ex has taught people anything, it's that no one can afford to expel anyone else. They're so tightly knit that if one goes down, they're capable of bringing the whole ship down with them.

So they circle the wagons, create dozens of articles about how gamers are oppressing women, conveniently ignore the overwhelmingly nasty attacks being launched by their fans and hope to win the PR war in time because people are only ever seeing that it's gamers being dicks and nothing else if they only follow the news.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Sony will point out the stupidity of foreigners at TGS in order to sell more systems

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Atrocious Joe posted:

I could see the New Yorker doing a story on it just because of how bizarre this all seems from the outside. I don't think any actual publications give a gently caress about the "gaming establishment."

http://m.bbc.com/news/technology-29028236

Think again.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Mega Man never got equipped with intolerance!

Hahahaha he sucks so drat much

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Atrocious Joe posted:

For what it's worth, the Guardian is definitely a mainstream publication and it ran that article by Jenn Frank that didn't mention that she and Zoe were friends in the first version.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Jesto posted:

If her ex has taught people anything, it's that no one can afford to expel anyone else. They're so tightly knit that if one goes down, they're capable of bringing the whole ship down with them.

So they circle the wagons, create dozens of articles about how gamers are oppressing women, conveniently ignore the overwhelmingly nasty attacks being launched by their fans and hope to win the PR war in time because people are only ever seeing that it's gamers being dicks and nothing else if they only follow the news.

Sad thing is, I predict they will win the PR war, because they have--and continue to--stuck to the point that "Zoe and Anita were harassed/left their homes, this is the toxic atmosphere that exists when women speak out!" and that's the only soundbite that news outlets will care about.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i know this dude who "is" a "professional stand up comedian" that acts exactly like a male version of Zoe. when there's no drama in his own life, he imports it. he somehow turned the tragic drunk driving death of one of my best friends into a sob story about how it hurt him so much to lose "his best friend" (when in reality they barely knew each other). he even organized a fundraiser for the guy's funeral and collected money in cash. guess where that money went? up his nose.

he now hates me because i said "watch out Dane Cook!" when he posted an "edgy" rant about how using the "human being" totally rules and gently caress you.

oh and his favorite musician is GG Allin.

welp that's my story carry on thred.

e: oh yeah he's cheated on every girl he's ever dated at least ten times each

precision fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 3, 2014

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Wtf don't helldump me

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
There is so a triforce of pettiness, i played that game like 40 times and you find it at the end of airman's level, but you need the knights of the round summon

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

precision posted:

i know this dude who "is" a "professional stand up comedian" that acts exactly like a male version of Zoe. when there's no drama in his own life, he imports it. he somehow turned the tragic drunk driving death of one of my best friends into a sob story about how it hurt him so much to lose "his best friend" (when in reality they barely knew each other). he even organized a fundraiser for the guy's funeral and collected money in cash. guess where that money went? up his nose.

he now hates me because i said "watch out Dane Cook!" when he posted an "edgy" rant about how using the "human being" totally rules and gently caress you.

oh and his favorite musician is GG Allin.

welp that's my story carry on thred.

e: oh yeah he's cheated on every girl he's ever dated at least ten times each

GG Allin would rape that guy and it'd be funnier than any of his stand up, true story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hahahaha he sucks so drat much

I think that's a prerequisite for being employed by The Escapist.

• Locked thread