Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Shath Hole posted:

Also, if he is healthy, he will get you barely over 1K yard rushing and not a lot receiving since Woodhead hawks all the receptions, so his ceiling is pretty low for a RB1. There are worse options, but there are also much better.

Does this mean I should sit Mathews in favor of Gerhart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Q_res posted:

Usually I would outright say No, but perhaps in the case of the Eagles defense you should consider it. I'd say it's a coinflip but still leaning toward Mathews since Jacksonville will be behind early most likely and will abandon the run.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Tiptoes posted:

Jesus Christ don't roster Tim Wright as your THIRD TE. His usage and numbers will be completely unpredictable and he's not a red zone factor for the team. White is at least playing on something like 20% of snaps and will catch passes. I'd rather have Dobson on the Pats or someone else not on the Pats.

I didn't catch that either, lol, yeah you don't need to roster 3 TE's :)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Q_res posted:

I'd roll with Mathews over Gerhart, at least until we see what Gerhart can do in that offense.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

In a ppr league, would I be right in ranking JHill>Benjamin>Watkins>Evans? It's an 8 man league and someone just dropped Hill and I have two bench spots and first waiver.

There's also Romo, but I have Peyton and would rather build more WR and RB depth.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Shath Hole posted:

I'd roll with Mathews over Gerhart, at least until we see what Gerhart can do in that offense.

Alright sit tight until next week then, not too stressed since it's my Flex spot.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Our 12th member is in Europe right now and thus far has been unable to sign up before tonight's draft. On Yahoo, is there a way to add the 12th team before the draft and then have the 12th member take over this team when he's finally able to sign up?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Splinter posted:

Our 12th member is in Europe right now and thus far has been unable to sign up before tonight's draft. On Yahoo, is there a way to add the 12th team before the draft and then have the 12th member take over this team when he's finally able to sign up?

We made an email for someone, invited them on that email (so we could log in and accept the invite), and gave them the usename/pass to use for the season.

Make sure to name the email address something funny like Tebow-Tastic123@yahoo etc. Or if they have a fav team, XteamIsPoop@yahoo etc

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
Latimer is still on waivers in my league. I should be dropping Dunbar to grab him right?

QB: Stafford
RB: Lacy, Ellington
WR: J Jones, Garcon
Flex: J Bell
TE: J Reed

BN: Edelman
BN: Moreno
BN: K Davis
BN: H Miller
BN: Dunbar

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Maybe Davis. Dunbar doesn't (seemingly) need an injury to be a relevant FLEX/starter.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Ugh, some nincompoop straight up dropped FJax. Didn't even pick up someone else to fill in the empty roster spot.

I have 1st waiver priority and my worst RB is Devonta Freeman, out of a stacked RB stable. Is FJax worth burning the first waiver priority over? I'm not thinking he is, but let's say he makes it through waivers unclaimed, at that point I think he is worth more than Freeman.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Suave Fedora posted:

Ugh, some nincompoop straight up dropped FJax. Didn't even pick up someone else to fill in the empty roster spot.

I have 1st waiver priority and my worst RB is Devonta Freeman, out of a stacked RB stable. Is FJax worth burning the first waiver priority over? I'm not thinking he is, but let's say he makes it through waivers unclaimed, at that point I think he is worth more than Freeman.

gently caress yeah he's worth a waiver pickup. He's the undisputed starter in Buffalo and will remain so until Marrone decides he doesn't hate Spiller anymore, which a) will never happen and b) even if it did FJax would continue to be the Jeremy Hill/Steven Ridley to Spiller's Gio Bernard/Shane Vereen.

That is a pro depth pickup. Heck, you could package another of your RBs with a WR/QB for a big upgrade, and lean on FJax as your flex/backup.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

gently caress yeah he's worth a waiver pickup. He's the undisputed starter in Buffalo and will remain so until Marrone decides he doesn't hate Spiller anymore, which a) will never happen and b) even if it did FJax would continue to be the Jeremy Hill/Steven Ridley to Spiller's Gio Bernard/Shane Vereen.

That is a pro depth pickup. Heck, you could package another of your RBs with a WR/QB for a big upgrade, and lean on FJax as your flex/backup.

Alright, I'll bite. The waiver resets weekly to reverse standings anyway so might as well use it. Current stable (.5ppr): Gio, Ellington, Rashad Jennings, MJD, JHill, Freeman.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Fred Jackson has won me so many weeks, and I'd argue even some leagues, simply on the back of a few 28-yard, 2-td games every now and then.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Espn standard league, 12 teams.

My RBs are: Murray, Forte, MJD, Hill, and D. Brown.

Someone just dropped Devonta Freeman. Would Freeman be an upgrade / flyer over Brown?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Yes. I have Freeman as the #31 RB and D.Brown as #60.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Yes. I have Freeman as the #31 RB and D.Brown as #60.

Well that settles it I suppose. Gracias!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I'm drafting in a 10 man tonight where the only reason difference in the scoring are higher passing/receiving and rushing bonuses... that's not really enough to change using the standard beersheet is it?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Those bonuses are pretty hard to predict, so I would just draft more or less normally with the BeerSheet that aligns with your scoring.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
With Derek Carr getting his first regular season start this Sunday, is it worth dropping the Broncos TD and picking up the Jets?

Also, I'm wondering about all the hype around Kelce. I have Greg Olsen Bennett as my TEs. Should I drop one of them for Kelce, or wait and monitor before acting?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Koth posted:

With Derek Carr getting his first regular season start this Sunday, is it worth dropping the Broncos TD and picking up the Jets?

Also, I'm wondering about all the hype around Kelce. I have Greg Olsen Bennett as my TEs. Should I drop one of them for Kelce, or wait and monitor before acting?

Denver is a better week to week D/ST than the Jets.

I wouldn't drop either of those guys for Kelce unless you can FLEX a tight end.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

Koth posted:

No

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
I'm looking to Upgrade QBs in my 6PaTD work league.

Is it worth trading away J.Bell or G.Tate for Brady? That's my baseline but since his team's so weak I'm guessing he wants more.

I'm pretty confident in my team but I'm getting antsy. I think my team would be stellar with a solid QB, but my gut tells me to wait until some QB gets injured and snipe his back up.

My Team/His Team

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Gyshall posted:

Cool, thanks.

I wish I wasn't in an 8-man league. There are very little waiver movements that can be made to benefit my team so all this knowledge I'm gaining is going to waste this season.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm going to drop Lamar Miller, because I keep hearing more and more about how, at best, that's now a committee, and one he'll start to lose quickly. Also, those reports say that he sucks.

In 1 PPR Yahoo rules, which of these are worth replacing him with?

Fred Jackson
Steven Jackson
Knowshon Moreno
Darren Sproles

Or I could pick up Knile Davis since I have Jamaal Charles.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

OfChristandMen posted:

I'm looking to Upgrade QBs in my 6PaTD work league.

Is it worth trading away J.Bell or G.Tate for Brady? That's my baseline but since his team's so weak I'm guessing he wants more.

I'm pretty confident in my team but I'm getting antsy. I think my team would be stellar with a solid QB, but my gut tells me to wait until some QB gets injured and snipe his back up.

My Team/His Team

Rivers gets no respect

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

I'm going to drop Lamar Miller, because I keep hearing more and more about how, at best, that's now a committee, and one he'll start to lose quickly. Also, those reports say that he sucks.

In 1 PPR Yahoo rules, which of these are worth replacing him with?

Fred Jackson
Steven Jackson
Knowshon Moreno
Darren Sproles

Or I could pick up Knile Davis since I have Jamaal Charles.

Fred Jackson rules, and unless its' like an 8 team league, he should not be a free agent.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Gyshall posted:

I actually think Bennett is borderline droppable for Kelce if you also have Olsen. Bennett is a really low end TE1, so you're never starting him over Olsen, whereas if Kelce does the Orange Julius/Jordan Cameron thing then you've got an actual useful asset on your hands.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What D is everybody rolling with on week 1? I'm rolling with Philly (vs. Jags) and Bears (vs. Buffalo).

Lions (vs. Giants) wouldn't be bad either, just I'm playing Rashad and don't like playing against myself.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Shath Hole posted:

Fred Jackson rules, and unless its' like an 8 team league, he should not be a free agent.

Done, thanks.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

What D is everybody rolling with on week 1?

I'm starting the Rams, but don't really feel great about it for whatever reason...

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

89 posted:

What D is everybody rolling with on week 1? I'm rolling with Philly (vs. Jags) and Bears (vs. Buffalo).

Lions (vs. Giants) wouldn't be bad either, just I'm playing Rashad and don't like playing against myself.

Lions are by far the best bet, the Giants on the road is going to be a dookie show.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

89 posted:

I have Pats @ Miami.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I grabbed the Pats over the Lions because they have a pretty decent schedule going forward. Still ok with streaming defenses though if they have a bad matchup or don't look as good as they should.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Once Week 1 is over I will probably drop Detroit for New Orleans, I just didn't like them on the road in Atlanta's shootout dome. But I do like them season long, I think they are one of the NFL's most improved defenses.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
New England, NYJ, Denver, Tampa, Cleveland - all defenses I've been able to get late as gently caress or on the waiver wire

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I'm taking Pittsburgh against Cleveland this week. Poor choice?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

keldegar posted:

I have Pats @ Miami.

Same.

E: and I plan on rolling with them for most of the season.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Historically that is good, but I think Pittsburgh's D is not nearly as good as it used to be. Against Philly in the preseason they allowed something retarded like 7.5 YPC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gyshall posted:

Historically that is good, but I think Pittsburgh's D is not nearly as good as it used to be. Against Philly in the preseason they allowed something retarded like 7.5 YPC.

I watched that whole game and they looked loving dreadful on D.

Big Ben is gonna have to throw the poo poo out of the ball because they'll be behind a lot.

• Locked thread