Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

android was pretty close to working at one point i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theadder posted:

postin to check in to see if google unleashed a useable thing yet
http://google.com/webhp?complete=0 :c00l:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

u could just have said no :smugmrgw:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sheesh even those x10 jerks sold cameras

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

flakeloaf posted:

sheesh even those x10 jerks sold cameras

oh man hotmail. it was a perfect pairing - nerdy dads using hotmail cuz webmails the future, and they close their browser and whaWHAT!! neat little wireless dildos? im just gonna check it out definitely not buy anything...

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Thanks Ants posted:

android was pretty close to working at one point i think

lol at people like u who are still butthurt about the vast majority of smartphone owners using the best os

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

2/5 lacks emotion

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

I still cant get past how horrified these cars look. It's like they witnessed some act of inhuman madness.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

I still cant get past how horrified these cars look. It's like they witnessed some act of inhuman madness.

it's the look of a man who isn't allowed to tell anyone about the old lady he mowed down the other day

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

rotor posted:

the car got invited to schmidt's penthouse

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Miley Virus posted:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Miley Virus posted:

cancelled due to rain

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nintendo Kid posted:

lol at people like u who are still butthurt about the vast majority of smartphone owners using the best os

webos isn't that popular though?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Thanks Ants posted:

webos isn't that popular though?

this new guys all right

ufarn
May 30, 2009
doubleclick wasn't seen as a startup as much as an spyware* provider

I still remember cleaning up its tracking poo poo in spybot and whatever all the other tools were called

*this was back when tracking and monitoring people was still seen as unambiguously evil, in the halcyon days of "malware" and "spyware"

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

The chairman of Google’s most important partner for Google Glass says it would “embarrass” him to wear the Web-connected eyewear, which now appears unlikely to be in consumers’ hands before next year.

Leonardo Del Vecchio, founder and controlling shareholder of Luxottica, the largest eyewear maker in the world, criticized Google Glass in comments to the Financial Times Tuesday. Luxottica is a key partner for Glass, since it plans to release versions of the smart eyewear attached to its iconic brands like Ray-ban and Oakley.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

“I have not used Google Glass,” Mr. Del Vecchio told the FT in an interview. “It would embarrass me going around with that on my face. It would be OK in the disco, but I no longer go to the disco.”

Mr. Del Vecchio, the 79-year-old executive chairman at the world’s largest eyewear manufacturer by sales, said the success of the partnership depended on the “bravura” of the US group in improving the technology so that it gains mass market appeal.

“We at Luxottica know how to make the frames, we know how to make them beautiful, we can call them Ray-Ban, or Oakley, we can put the names of our brands, we can make them light and of quality, but in order to do that Google needs to make a step forward [to broaden the technology’s appeal],” he said.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

cremnob posted:

“I have not used Google Glass,” Mr. Del Vecchio told the FT in an interview. “It would embarrass me going around with that on my face. It would be OK in the disco, but I no longer go to the disco.”

Mr. Del Vecchio, the 79-year-old executive chairman at the world’s largest eyewear manufacturer by sales, said the success of the partnership depended on the “bravura” of the US group in improving the technology so that it gains mass market appeal.

“We at Luxottica know how to make the frames, we know how to make them beautiful, we can call them Ray-Ban, or Oakley, we can put the names of our brands, we can make them light and of quality, but in order to do that Google needs to make a step forward [to broaden the technology’s appeal],” he said.

quote:

A Luxottica spokesman said, “Mr. Del Vecchio was making a joke about his age. Luxottica is completely committed to its partnership with Google and we have a team working flat out to be ready to launch the device in 2015.”

that's not even good spin

like, the pr person got handed this to do damage control on and was "seriously, i'm not a loving magician"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
lol @ wearing glass to "the disco"

unless there's some sort of technorati dance parties i'm not invited to (unlikely), then everyone involved is hopelessly out of touch

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

luxxotica thought the oakley mp3 glasses were ok but glass is too shameful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

these are fuckin savage

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

qirex posted:

this is great

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
with this and an e-cig my halloween costume of 'futuristic bounty hunter' will be complete

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
no seriously i want those

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
they look like something from the future of the past

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cremnob posted:

Leonardo Del Vecchio, founder and controlling shareholder of Luxottica

burn this man alive

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

with this and an e-cig my halloween costume of 'futuristic bounty hunter' will be complete

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

wait, a seventy year old man doesn't like technology?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

no seriously i want those

you can get a used pair for under a hundred although like always on ebay there's someone trying to sell "collectible" ones for 10 times the going price
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC2.A0.H0.Xoakley+thump&_nkw=oakley+thump&_sacat=0

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

flakeloaf posted:

wait, a seventy year old man doesn't like technology?
almost eighty actually

which would mean that he couldn't have been younger than forty when he did go to the disco

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

they look like something from the future of the past

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

wait, a seventy year old man doesn't like technology? looking like a chucklefuck

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

lmao

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
whoa there's nerds at a technology company????

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

Google Anime Club is sponsored by Crunchyroll

quote:

Crunchyroll started in 2006 as a for-profit video upload and streaming site that specialized in hosting East Asian video content. Some of the content hosted on Crunchyroll, such as fan-subbed versions of East Asian shows or bootlegs of official US releases of anime titles, was illegally hosted without permission from any rightsholders or the fansub team responsible. However, Crunchyroll eventually removed copyrighted content when requested by the rightsholder.

In 2008, Crunchyroll secured a capital investment of $4.05 million from the venture capital firm Venrock. The investment drew criticism from anime distributors and licensors Bandai Entertainment and Funimation as the site continued to allow users to upload illegal copies of licensed titles.

literally the youtube business model but with animes and user-pay

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

that's cool, i guess

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Google make that into an official doodle tia

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sham bam bamina! posted:

almost eighty actually

which would mean that he couldn't have been younger than forty when he did go to the disco

he means a discotheque, not american disco music

he would have been a teenager when the term was coined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

he means a discotheque, not american disco music

he would have been a teenager when the term was coined
idk google glass looks way more '70s than '50s

• Locked thread