Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Female gamers are a huge problem for gamer culture. Previously there was no pussy at all and everyone as a group accepted no one was getting laid. You made your decision the video games are here and the girls are not. No one expected these men to get laid and everyone agreed it was entirely their fault for remaining in an area with no girls.

Then something happened with Obama crashing the economy which reduced supply of normal men. Some women turned to gamers hoping for quantity over quality. Suddenly there is pussy in the place where the video games are but there is not enough for everyone. This created a prisoners dilemma over the pussy supply. The same phenomenon is responsible for wars and most other acts of violence and that is when the pussy supply is mostly 1 to 1.

Being gamer nerds they courted the ladies in the fashion they know best. They validated them in every way they could and catered to their every whim. Eventually this created a situation in which every female gamer had their every wish fulfilled and their every thought and action amplified.

Normal women would be instantly turned off by such desperate attempts for their pussy. Many resorted to hiding themselves through anonymity to avoid the constant sexual assault. However the crazy and ugly girls are not used to being sought after and validated. This is a new experience for them but in the worst possible way. It becomes addicting like a drug and due to the disproportionate cock to pussy ratio it is like a 24/7 fire hose.

No one person deserves that much power. It would corrupt anyone. I don't blame Zoe. I blame the thirsty rear end betas.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

EA Sports posted:

if you wanna get into the indie devs circle you got to go to a gang rape larp lol

http://www.digra.org/wp-content/uploads/digital-library/10343.56524.pdf

Huh. Never saw that recruit in TG.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Sjw in video games started with A Rape in Cyberspace

Read up, shitlords

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

martin luther king's quest jr

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
http://www.juliandibbell.com/articles/a-rape-in-cyberspace/

Fact

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

FAROOQ posted:

what a disgusting group of people.

As SJW queen, I decided not to have my knights murder my ex boyfriend. I could though. Or anyone else for that matter. *plugs usb cord into nose and stuffs face with pizza*

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Automatic Slim posted:

Then all suitors must murder each other for the... honor...

Oh holy poo poo, this is a real-life Scott Pilgrim.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 3, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Captain Weeaboo raises a really good point here

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

im glad the girls on twitter are responsibly handling their control over peoples life and death

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
A+ if he's in on the joke.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

did zoe ever file a police report about getting mugged?

she made it up

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

EA Sports posted:

if you wanna get into the indie devs circle you got to go to a gang rape larp lol

http://www.digra.org/wp-content/uploads/digital-library/10343.56524.pdf
wtf

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Tokamak posted:

You have to be incredibly naive or mentally handicapped to be oblivious to the way coverage is managed by PR; I just don't believe this person's reasoning. On the other hand they wilfully chose to work as a blogger, so maybe they are naive. There's a good reason why some writers like to refer to themselves as 'enthusiast press' and not journalists.

Btw. The Jeff Gerstmann firing saga was confirmed by Jeff himself when their company got brought out by CBSi years ago. Doritos gate was speculation... :stare:
The amount of revisionism required to sell the Zoe Quinn drama as journalist corruption is just startling.

The times when journalists were given consoles, TV's, and straight up cheques for money were just innocent misunderstandings.....

You forgot the best part

"This hurts upcoming women developers as well, since it is expected from indie developers to sleep with bloggers to get any sort of exposure"

lol

COBRARocky posted:

when did weird twitter stop being about jokes and become a place for people to talk about israel and gay marriage
Do you think that israel and gay marriage might be good ways to troll people?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I hope the usa gay marries israel

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I hope the usa gay marries israel

i hope possessing a copy of duke nukem 3d becomes punishable by death

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
If only we could harness the power of nerd rage, focus it and use it for good. :smith:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

If only we could harness the power of nerd rage, focus it and use it for good. :smith:

its all impotent
none of this rage could ever be used productively, it's just assholes typing from the safety of their homes

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Paladinus posted:

To be fair, many niche games are very pricey. Those are mostly war games and such that only a thousand of autists on the whole planet would want to play, so unless they cost at least $30 there's no way for developers to make any money. Those war games provide autists with hundreds of hours of gameplay, though.

I don't know, the real problem is that house in Gone Home has a pretty complex geometry to be just used for an interactive slideshow where "surprise, your sister fled with her lover and your parents are heartbroken". It's like an elaborate joke without punchline.

Oh no, I have a better image. Gone Home it's like those loving expensive novelle cuisine restaurants where they give you elaborate pieces of food that are 1/10th of the dish. You pay them for the privilege of being fed by that chef, to show a status, then you go back home and since you still are hungry you serve yourself a dish of pasta, but you demonstrated the world that you are above your peers. "Game of the year" my rear end, gone home is burgeoise poo poo, gaming belongs to the proletariat! :ussr:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://archive.today/yomy2#selection-1183.16-1183.23

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

God these people are slimy. Nobody gives a poo poo about gameranx, but will we have 14 other articles about this today?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think ive ever seen more people get mad about a youth novel on tape played in the background of a "pick things up from the 90s" simulator.

i do love how the things journalists hold up as the exemplars of their medium as art have little to no gameplay though.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I wonder if I could become e-famous by making GBS threads out a 2000 word blog post. Which side would be more likely to pay for my word diarrhea through donations?

Gotta get it while the getting is hot.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Zoe Quinn's seemingly being a woman does not excuse her from scrutiny

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Wow. Stephen Daly is pretty big rear end in a top hat, haha .

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Fooling around in Google, I have found this article from Leigh Alexander, the boss editor of Gamasutra and one of the authors that want to kill gamers.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/issues/issue_111/1359-Growing-Up-Gamer.2

This article helps visualize with she hate modern gaming. When she was young, she used to play a lot of videogames with his dad, but her dad grown tired of videogames becuase their evolution from whimsy to phony did not appeal to his tastes.

Again, his siters where at first his Player 2, but she grown to ignore games again.

So Leigh Alexander hate modern games because she fell games have separate her from his sister and dad. She had a awesome thing with his dad and sister, but games stoped being fun. The last games she liked, where probably in the 80's.

This is a person with a lot of contacts, one of these that can have your host remove your website with a single phone call. And she hate modern gaming.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Tei posted:

Fooling around in Google, I have found this article from Leigh Alexander, the boss editor of Gamasutra and one of the authors that want to kill gamers.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/issues/issue_111/1359-Growing-Up-Gamer.2

This article helps visualize with she hate modern gaming. When she was young, she used to play a lot of videogames with his dad, but her dad grown tired of videogames becuase their evolution from whimsy to phony did not appeal to his tastes.

Again, his siters where at first his Player 2, but she grown to ignore games again.

So Leigh Alexander hate modern games because she fell games have separate her from his sister and dad. She had a awesome thing with his dad and sister, but games stoped being fun. The last games she liked, where probably in the 80's.

This is a person with a lot of contacts, one of these that can have your host remove your website with a single phone call. And she hate modern gaming.

i dunno about her but me and my brother hella bonded playing gears of war over split screen coop

maybe she just had to play better games

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Clitch posted:

God these people are slimy. Nobody gives a poo poo about gameranx, but will we have 14 other articles about this today?

I like how he doesn't even mention TFYC until he loads his article with a few paragraphs on the celebrity hacking scandal, anita being forced to leave her home, misogyny and gamergate.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Tei posted:

Yeah but don't overestimate the power of some tryhard bloggers. All they can do is write bad articles and censor their own comment sections. Their page views are just going to plummet.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

most videogame journalists strike me as people that are now middle-aged and realized they're tired of videogames. go figure all they want to talk about is indie games that take an hour to finish tops because then they can write something that isn't just a copy-paste of a press release and feel like real critics. sadly they've spent the last 20 years doing nothing of import so anything they might have learned in university has faded away and you end up with a bunch of really poorly written opinion pieces about some nonsense.

basically what im saying is we should murder and eat all video game people

only dan ryckert will remain

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201409032102-0024126

So Al Jazeera just picked up the story. I guess this is Actually Newsworthy and Important Real World Stuff now?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
countdown to most of twitter admonishing al jazeera

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Based on his twitter vomit, I believe this to be the most accurate representation of Moviebob.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Mega Man never got equipped with intolerance!

Haha his heroes are one-dimensional video game characters. Also he's the last person I'd expect to see receive a gym badge.

Germstore posted:

Sit back children and let me tell you of the Great Jack Thompson Wars. It was an age already obscured through the fog of time that few alive still remember, the early 2000s...

We sent ol' Thompson rape and death threats, but it was justified back then because by God he could take it!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

this whole thing is still stupid

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Is there still zero substantiation of Anita's death threat claims, beyond her word?

It's front and center in every article, and stated as fact, with no due diligence to confirm it.

The way it's being used to smear everyone who opposes them sort of demands it be backed up with some evidence.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Clitch posted:

Is there still zero substantiation of Anita's death threat claims, beyond her word?

It's front and center in every article, and stated as fact, with no due diligence to confirm it.

The way it's being used to smear everyone who opposes them sort of demands it be backed up with some evidence.

AaaaahhhhHHHHH QUIT VICTIM BLAMING

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Radical posted:

most videogame journalists strike me as people that are now middle-aged and realized they're tired of videogames. go figure all they want to talk about is indie games that take an hour to finish tops because then they can write something that isn't just a copy-paste of a press release and feel like real critics. sadly they've spent the last 20 years doing nothing of import so anything they might have learned in university has faded away and you end up with a bunch of really poorly written opinion pieces about some nonsense.

basically what im saying is we should murder and eat all video game people

only dan ryckert will remain

I agree we should all be playing anime visual novels

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Clitch posted:

She probably did receive threats. So did Jack Thompson, Roger Ebert, Brad Wardell, various developers including the lead dev on CoD, etc. If we look outside of gaming, Anna Gunn, Yvonne Strahovski, Forest Whitaker also received threats and harassment.

The problem is that media is trying to frame this as a misogynistic issue that's exclusive to video games, when in fact it is neither. I don't think it's mainly caused by anonymity on the Internet either, since people say plenty of stupid stuff under their real name. I would say it's caused by social media because of how easy it makes it to insult or harass someone that is thousands of kilometers away, and because since anyone is connected to everyone, anyone is connected to lunatics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Uwe Boll seems to have the correct attitude about videogames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ2t86mdODw

"The other thing, why did I make so many video game movies? Frankly, because you could make money with them. I never gave a piss about video games and I have never even played one. I have made money with them. And with that money I was able to fund more movies."

• Locked thread