Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've only seen his one free show with Bob, but I love the raptor in his back yard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Niwrad posted:

I'm giving Ant's show a shot and it's surprisingly good. The episodes with guests seem much better than when he's alone. But even alone he isn't bad.

Isn't it really hard to get to Ant's place to do the show though? Jimmy was complaining about the traffic. I guess Colin had to take the train in. That might be his biggest issue to getting decent guests. I still think he'd be better off pre-recording some stuff for the show.

He's said he's going set something up at his place in NY that will be for people not really wanting to go to LI. We'll see if that actually happens

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Tr33 posted:

she must be a super smart kid to be graduating college at 17

Yeah. I meant high school. Either way, old.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Apparently the Opster just accidentally tweeted an intended message saying that he's quitting. He's since deleted the tweet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't believe for a second he's quitting.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that he has anything to gain from resigning.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

ozza posted:

Apparently the Opster just accidentally tweeted an intended message saying that he's quitting. He's since deleted the tweet.

I don't believe this UNLESS what Anthony says is true and he is making just as much as he did with Sirius.

I saw a clip with jimmy and it seemed so much fun. He definitely has a better chemistry with Ant then Opie. I was thinking of subscribing after just seeing that 6 minute clip

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Don't humor the needy board op.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

therealjon_ posted:

I don't believe for a second he's quitting.

Yeah. I mean, they have 4 weeks to go on their contract and they still have vacation time left. Fake fake totally fake

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
"accidentally" tweeting that is the most fez thing opie has ever done

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

I don't believe this UNLESS what Anthony says is true and he is making just as much as he did with Sirius.

There's no way Opie can succeed doing a podcast.

The pest dollar is already spoken for. He can't do a solo show like Anthony. He wants a NYC studio which is way more overhead than having a home studio. He wants a staff. He wants celebrity interviews. He wants to do traditional radio without the ease of a built in local audience and a corporation bankrolling the whole operation.

The only chance Opie has outside of Sirius XM is to go back to FM and be king of some lovely town doing the morning zoo hack radio that he was born to do.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 4, 2014

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
The Opie With Jim Chandler Show

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Opie won't be happy until he gets in a time machine, goes back to K-Rock after David Lee Roth was fired, takes the O&A&J show to number one in New York and every city that they were syndicated to in the WNEW days, and finally "beats" Howard Stern. That's all he ever wanted and it didn't happen. He's been a grumpy, insufferable, oval office ever since CBS radio let them go and they went back to satellite exclusively. He does bad radio to spite all the listeners that let him down.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Frost Uncle posted:

"accidentally" tweeting that is the most fez thing opie has ever done

Joe Rogan accidentally tweeted his phone number instead of DMing it a year or two ago. I don't understand your Fez reference, but it's easy to gently caress things up in the heat of the moment on social media.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

bunky posted:

Joe Rogan accidentally tweeted his phone number instead of DMing it a year or two ago. I don't understand your Fez reference, but it's easy to gently caress things up in the heat of the moment on social media.

Opie is known to struggle at getting attention, going as far as high school tactics, towards guests and fans alike. Accidentally tweeting a text or DM is some high school girl-level poo poo when you're being passive aggressive towards someone.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Opster is just trying to generate some buzz because he was pulling the "4 weeks left with no contract signed yet" bit again yesterday.

He has probably already signed up until at least 2016.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

bunky posted:

Opie wouldn't need to write a resignation letter if his contract is ending.

He's a hack. "Tune in tomorrow to hear Sam eat eggs."

\/

Hobo Clown posted:

Has Ant ever mentioned having guests call or Skype in? Most podcasts I've listened to are able to have guests on that aren't physically in the studio, but I guess his visual element complicates that.
Ray Liotta called in yesterday.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 4, 2014

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Has Ant ever mentioned having guests call or Skype in? Most podcasts I've listened to are able to have guests on that aren't physically in the studio, but I guess his visual element complicates that.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Hobo Clown posted:

Yes he is working on getting Skype and (ugh)Paltalk involved with the show.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

ozza posted:

maybe that reddit post has some truth to it.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Ron and Fez are on Raw Dog right now doing a Joan Rivers tribute.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

UncleMonkey posted:

Oh drat, she kicked the bucket? R.I.P. :(

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

Oh drat, she kicked the bucket? R.I.P. :(

YER KIDDIN?!

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
gently caress, that's terrible news, she was hilarious.

Comics need to improve their staying alive skills.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Anthony playing Call of Duty is hilarious. Dude needs a Twitch account.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is he still really bad at it?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Droopy Goines posted:

She was 80.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Droopy Goines posted:

She was 80, still sharp and still working.

It's a shame though. She knew how to drop a oval office bomb with the best of them. She was awesome

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

UncleMonkey posted:

I love when they do these unscheduled impromptu death-shows because they make it so the main show isn't an unlistenable grief circle-jerk.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

ChristianDB posted:

She was 80, still sharp and still working.
Yeah, Ron said something like "She was 81, but you still feel like she was taken too soon." And I agree with that. She was still sharp as hell and still really funny.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Holy poo poo, Bobby Lee absolutely killed it today on O&J. Another epic appearance.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Stokes posted:

Anthony playing Call of Duty is hilarious. Dude needs a Twitch account.

Naw, Twitch would ban Ant pretty fast. You have a ton of leeway on Twitch but racist and any threatening stuff, even joking, would get you banned.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Gonzo McFee posted:

She was 80.

....never stopped making love.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

I love when they do these unscheduled impromptu death-shows because they make it so the main show isn't an unlistenable grief circle-jerk.
Every show is a tribute show to Fez's character and talent both dropping dead at the same time.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Holy gently caress, I just logged in to listen to today's TACS, and I see a picture of Jenny Hutt when she was overweight with the text "NEEDY TWAT on the phone". loving brutal. That lady has a very good sense of humor.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Paul Kersey posted:

Holy poo poo, Bobby Lee absolutely killed it today on O&J. Another epic appearance.

I died when Opie said 'Wait, you're brother's a pilot?" after Bobby Lee said that David Choe gave his brother a job where he flies around around the world loving hookers.

It was said with such sincerity and Bobby Lee's confused response was like the cherry on top.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Yeah, Bobby Lee rules. I had a girlfriend that suffered from an extreme anxiety disorder, so I know how rough that poo poo is. But from a selfish standpoint, Bobby's anxiety just makes him even funnier than he already is. Every time he comes on the show it's magic. He was always my favorite on MADD TV and every time he's been on the show it's always been legendary. I hope he comes back soon.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Bobby owns youknowwhatimean

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
I just listened to the TACS episode Guest Starring Lil' Yimmy. It's like a month long void in my life was filled, if only for two hours. I miss hearing Ant and Jim together every time I get in my car.
Opie can drop hammers in the Hudson River for all I care.

Niwrad posted:

Isn't it really hard to get to Ant's place to do the show though? Jimmy was complaining about the traffic. I guess Colin had to take the train in. That might be his biggest issue to getting decent guests. I still think he'd be better off pre-recording some stuff for the show.

The LIE is a nightmare when it comes to traffic, especially since Ant's show starts at 4PM, which is smack dab in the middle of afternoon rush hour.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I died when Opie said 'Wait, you're brother's a pilot?" after Bobby Lee said that David Choe gave his brother a job where he flies around around the world loving hookers.

It was said with such sincerity and Bobby Lee's confused response was like the cherry on top.

That and Jim casually adding "you 69'd?" and the reaction were the 2 biggest laughs from yesterday, for entirely different reasons

• Locked thread