Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david mammoth
Oct 15, 2012
Synth reviewer/80s television collage auteur Jexus is apparently going to be doing a Q&A thing on the r/synthesizers reddit on Friday if anyone's interested.

net work error posted:

Korg wants all the money, this Volca sampler looks really cool as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTxg43_wBM

That looks amazing, especially if it retails close to the other Volcas, though apparently you can only upload samples via an iPhone app which is a bit weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

david mammoth posted:

Synth reviewer/80s television collage auteur Jexus is apparently going to be doing a Q&A thing on the r/synthesizers reddit on Friday if anyone's interested.

That looks amazing, especially if it retails close to the other Volcas, though apparently you can only upload samples via an iPhone app which is a bit weird.

Aaaag gently caress. When and how much?

Sizone posted:

She is a program, she is a singer, she is a little girl, but she is not an anime.

She is also an animated Japanese schoolgirl-looking character with big freak eyes. If there's some subtle distinction that makes her not an anime, I'm actually pretty okay with not knowing what that distinction is.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 4, 2014

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Sizone posted:

She is a program, she is a singer, she is a little girl, but she is not an anime.

She's got big eyes and a thread of autists talking about her, she's anime.

also

Trig Discipline posted:

She is also an animated Japanese schoolgirl-looking character with big freak eyes. If there's some subtle distinction that makes her not an anime, I'm actually pretty okay with not knowing what that distinction is.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

She's got big eyes and a thread of autists talking about her, she's anime.

also

For all you front page readers

"Hello Kitty is not a cat. She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She's never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature."

:thejoke:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hmm looks like A CERTAIN SYNTH COMPANY is after my loving money again <:mad:>

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Just picked up an On-Stage 2 tier keyboard stand. Not exactly instantly collapsable, but legit as gently caress for not making music with. Wonder if I could add a third tier to it, or convert the second tier to a split sequencer/mini keyboard holder.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

For all you front page readers

"Hello Kitty is not a cat. She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She's never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature."

:thejoke:

Ah. Was not making the connection.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK

net work error posted:

How do you make a sampler with no audio in. SMDH

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Number Two Stunna posted:

How do you make a sampler with no audio in. SMDH

In 3 years it will be a brick due to no compatible remaining IOS hardware --> zero vintage market, forcing new gear purchase.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.
Just preordered a Streichfett. And since I've had a few 8.7 ABV beers this evening I decided to add a Boss Tera Echo to my cart with full knowledge that this is going over my music budget for the month. Also, I payed with the wrong PayPal account.

I'm sure I will be pretty annoyed with myself tomorrow. But for this fleeting moment I am stoked.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

I can finally live my dream of stomping on an anime character. A dickgirl with a metal choad, no less.

*~* b-baka-senpai.. p-please no more Smoke on the Waterr -_-; *~*

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
It's funny how we make fun of vocaloids when dance music has been sampling the poo poo out of the Apple termina's "say" command for a couple of years now.

Any OP-1 owners have any thoughts on how they've enjoyed it?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Music Easel.

I told you guys he was going to buy a Buchla, see? See?

I'm highly tempted to do a half dozen entries for this, but I'd feel like I was cheating since for many years the only real synth I had was my JX-305 'groovesynth' (with no DAW beyond a copy of Cool Edit Pro to do my multitrack recording in) and I've got years worth of completed tracks and half finished sketches stored on both it's internal memory and the overpriced 4MB smartmedia card I bought for it.

In fact, all the stuff I still have sequenced in it is the biggest reason I don't want to sell it and replace it with an XV series rompler for my rompler needs- I still need to export all the tracks out of it and into a DAW, which will involve days worth of slowly playing back each pattern one at a time while recording all the MIDI into separate tracks and cleaning it all up.

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 4, 2014

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

I told you guys he was going to buy a Buchla, see? See?

I was suggesting a first synth.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I was suggesting a first synth.

Cut out the middlemen and go for the jugular.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

AnnoyBot posted:

In 3 years it will be a brick due to no compatible remaining IOS hardware --> zero vintage market, forcing new gear purchase.

"After years of development and research Korg is proud to announce the virtual recreation of the legendary Volca Sampler, now featuring sampling (IAP)"

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

LESS TALK MORE ROCK

Here's my submission. Cheating because most of it was done in January or February and I forgot that it existed. All RS-7000.

https://soundcloud.com/rid_labs/beatbeatdowndown

Sizone fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 4, 2014

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
I'd love to make a groovebox jam but I feel like slamming my fist into my RM1x to push the buttons will piss off my wife. I guess I'll do something with that app, I had it on my phone and was jamming a bit on the bus the other day.

Sizone respond to my e-mail so I can buy you poo poo.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I'd love to make a groovebox jam but I feel like slamming my fist into my RM1x to push the buttons will piss off my wife. I guess I'll do something with that app, I had it on my phone and was jamming a bit on the bus the other day.

Sizone respond to my e-mail so I can buy you poo poo.

Check your spam box Moby

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Oh holy poo poo the new Electribes are battery powered :catstare:

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Sizone posted:

You have until, gently caress, let's say Columbus Day.

Am i right in thinking (as an unamerican) that this is October 12th?

Mrwimmer
Feb 18, 2014
Can I get an exception for the groovebox thing and use just the triangle and noise channels of Famitracker for a track? I own no groovebox, and no Idevice.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

net work error posted:

Only way to get samples onto it is using a iPhone/Pad? I hope I'm reading this wrong because holy gently caress. The sampler looks super fun and I definitely would want one.. but I don't own a single piece of Apple hardware and plan to keep it that way.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Even as an iPhone & iPad owner, I'm cringing to gently caress at the need to use an App to get samples on that device.

Got a great sound on my field recorder? Nice. Time to USB it onto my laptop, iTunes it onto an iDevice, then App it over to the Volca Sampler. gently caress that poo poo right up in the missing audio input.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
I bet it's some kind of FSK jive into the sync port that'll get sussed out quickly. Or SDS dump will be added shortly after launch in a firmware update. Korg's been pretty hip lately.

Or it's just market separation. Want to sample onboard? Buy the tribe sampler.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

I literally only need that piece of poo poo for moving stuff to/from ipad, I don't know how they managed to make such a simple thing so frustrating to use.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I'd rather use a MicroKorg than iTunes.

Edit: And, yeah, this decision is driven by market separation and that Korg now only have in-house iOS developers.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

ynohtna posted:

Even as an iPhone & iPad owner, I'm cringing to gently caress at the need to use an App to get samples on that device.

Roland did it correctly. The TR8 shows up as a bog-standard USB drive. Drag a .bin file in there, blam - ready for an OS update.

Likewise, this could've been a lot cheaper/easier if they added an USB port and made it show up in the OS as a class-compliant flash drive.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

SineRider posted:

Really cool! I stole your idea haha, here is my attempt at making something with only the Casio CT-607 I have. Sorta cheated because it's multi-tracked in Live though

https://soundcloud.com/sinerider/ct-607-pentatonic-jam

Add some space-echo effects to that tape version, bring down the drones and you could convince me this is Boards of Canada.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Sizone posted:

Dunno, what are the sequencing options like? If you mean a one note ambient drone, no. If you mean, like, a patch being driven by a celluar automata sequencer then I would hesitantly say yes. If it's a normal linear sequencer, but you can only play one voice at a time then, sure, why the gently caress not. I could hardly call, like, a Chopin piano piece not a song.

Oh, there are plenty, two types of stepped control sequencers and an event sequencer, I was more worried it would be too expansive of an environment to count as a challenge hah

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Christ you guys don't use Dropbox to move poo poo onto your iOS devices? I have an iPad and an iPhone for the last 3 years and never used iTunes once.

Dropbox and VLC streamer are all you need.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

successfully rewired the studio after waiting weeks for the proper cables. further update imminent.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Who wants a cool mini-docu series on Chip/Synth/etc Music in Gaming? It looks like the first episode came out this morning:

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.jp/jp/magazine/digging-in-the-carts

Fair bit of gear featured, composer behind Pac-Man showcasing the greatest treasure of all while just being an awesome individual in general---just drat good and overflowing with nostalgia.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
I'm getting some pretty good results with my modular system so far. Some real nice ambient drones and stuff, a bit quiet but I'm still digging it.

Dotcom Jillionaire fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 4, 2014

djkp
Feb 14, 2004

Dance to the beat

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

I'm getting some pretty good results with my modular system so far. Some real nice ambient drones and stuff, a bit quite but I'm still digging it.

Really "airy" top end on thhe filter, eh?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
That's already 200 right there, right?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
$100 for both. Then the guy on Muffs started selling TTA racks he painted black for $40 a pop :homebrew:

Mind you, they don't come with the uZeus power supply. I built the Synthrotek PWR instead.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I thought it we didn't talk about pricing to keep us from depressing ourselves.

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

$100 for both. Then the guy on Muffs started selling TTA racks he painted black for $40 a pop :homebrew:

That's some awful timing there. :(

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
We should open a Eurorack thread in TCC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

We should open a Eurorack thread in TCC.