Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

CodfishCartographer posted:

Sure it's not fully accurate, but you get a general idea of the characters and what's going on

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

darealkooky posted:

seems like diavlo can't read the future and win against GER is because he suffers from the same thing that happened to bruno where only his mind was sped up, so he sees the future and thinks he's getting out of the way but oh no I actually got punched

first thing he does with GER if show off how he can create life more better now, so it makes enough sense

I don't think GER would allow him to look into the future in the first place, his stand power is literally stopping people before they start.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Steve Jorbs posted:

So whatever happened to Jonathan's head?

I guarantee you that DIO ate it in a homoerotic way

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

I was avoiding Pt. 5 at first because of everything I'd heard and now all I have left to get through is it and SBR. Pt. 7 is infinitely more rad than I could've imagined possible, but honestly, all these vague warnings are just making me want to check out Vento more. It's half reverse psychology, and half that apparently there's awesome poo poo like killer rc planes and dudes who breathe poison and get written out of the story and dudes getting towed away by trains and gently caress yeah I wanna see that.
Part 5 was good. Or at least I think it was supposed to be good. The fights were good, but the translation is seriously bad enough to ruin it. The ending was also bad, but I don't think it's the translation's fault on that one. For me, Part 5 was worth a read, but only one. At least until we get another translation, which probably won't happen unless Viz translates the manga, and/or we get an anime adaption.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 5 has some good ideas and is fun to read at times (It's got dudes unzipping themselves and vomiting scissors), but it's kind of a mess in it's current state and I wouldn't read it again until a re translation.

Diavolo has wonderful hair though so Part 5 has it's merits

I really want a physical compilation of Part 4 though, I'd read that every goddamn day.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Mista and Bruno are the only memorable parts of part 5 for me, and even then it's hard to identify with the gang because well...they're a gang. Of psychopaths.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Even with the worst possible translation part V is still worth reading. You get the gist of what's going on in stand battles and possibly the plot, the main thing you miss out on is the characters' personality and the small side details about stuff.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

My only regret about this is that the hardcover isn't out until February :argh:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Relin posted:

Mista and Bruno are the only memorable parts of part 5 for me, and even then it's hard to identify with the gang because well...they're a gang. Of psychopaths.

Narancia's solution to Formaggio is, I'm pretty sure, the most extreme conclusion to a fight in the series. With their complete disregard for their own safety, Narancia and Jolyne could have been the deadliest duo in the series.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 4, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Pomp posted:

With their complete disregard for their own safety, Narancia and Jolyne could have been the
deadliest duo in the series.
Isn't there a one-shot where Jolyne meets Bruno and Abbacchio? Missed opportunity there.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Part 5 is sick. They fight Magneto, Ice Man, even stronger The World, and a special friend from part 3 makes a great appearance. It has the best dance, Notorious B.I.G., and a powerful zipperman who gives it his all

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Butt Ghost posted:

Isn't there a one-shot where Jolyne meets Bruno and Abbacchio? Missed opportunity there.

And Polpo.

It's a dream that takes place before Stone Ocean.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

This and Limp Bizkit is what sold me on the fact that I should probably start reading JoJo.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sports Max's chant is the best.

"Limp Bizkit, the one who emerges from the dark...

The one who indulges in the dark...

Limp Bizkit..."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
God I forgot Limp Bizkit's user was named Sports Maxx.

JoJo is great.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/23.html

Previews.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
OH! MY GOD!

It's getting nearer. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aha, so I was right about Suzie Q.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Smokin'

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Been a while since I read these chapters, but all that Suzie stuff was anime original, right? It's hard to tell because they mesh it all together really well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Suzie Q shows up in the manga very late. Sometime after they arrive in Egypt.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
She shows up right before the Dio fight.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

:v:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
In his native town of georgia

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Well, it's not impossible to be Mayor of a Georgian town and then later on become Mayor of New York.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The real question that raises: Who the gently caress managed to kill Stroheim?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
A Russian cyborg

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Considering how it was the battle of Stalingrad, I imagine he took a few too many Molotov cocktails in the exhaust.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Patware posted:

The real question that raises: Who the gently caress managed to kill Stroheim?
Sgt Yakov Petrov using his stand [Back in the USSR], obviously.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Solid Snake, there I solved it for you.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Solid Snake, there I solved it for you.

Actually, the Cobra Unit took part in the Battle of Stalingrad. :stare:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that is not georgia

e: "I'm never getting in a submarine again" ahaha

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 5, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Actually, the Cobra Unit took part in the Battle of Stalingrad. :stare:

poo poo, Stroheim never stood a chance. :stare:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's probably less that stroheim died from wounds and more that nobody bothered to put him back together for the third time.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Cracked his engine block. It costs more to repair than it does to build a new cyborg.

Almost had 'im paid off, too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

maybe someone just shot him in the face?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How could he be shot in the face? He has a gun in his chest, if someone tried to shoot him he could just shoot the bullet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

German science probably WASN'T sekai ichi. Probably sekai ni or even sekai san.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

maybe someone just shot him in the face?

That face that is also cybernetic as hell and contains eye lasers and poo poo like that? :v:

• Locked thread