Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Ahhh, gently caress it. I'm downloading the installer again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Invite for the goon group?

Name is still Kiyoshi Mizumura

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm still John Glenn

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I'm still John Glenn

Invites are out.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

Ha. It's taking forever to patch. See you guys tomorrow

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

So I have my trial 10 mil now, is a Nova-S the best option even though it's not the greatest clan mech?
Also at some point I'd love it if someone would shoot me an invite on Sarmham

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

sarmhan posted:

So I have my trial 10 mil now, is a Nova-S the best option even though it's not the greatest clan mech?
Also at some point I'd love it if someone would shoot me an invite on Sarmham

invite sent

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm back, sitting on 12.5mil cbills I dunno what to do with. I have a D-DC atlas, Stalker 5M and my Founder Atlas all fit. See a trend in my robitting? I'm terrible in lights. Any recommendations?

Also requesting an invite to the community thing. Thronde should be correct (Posting from phone)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thronde posted:

I'm back, sitting on 12.5mil cbills I dunno what to do with. I have a D-DC atlas, Stalker 5M and my Founder Atlas all fit. See a trend in my robitting? I'm terrible in lights. Any recommendations?

Also requesting an invite to the community thing. Thronde should be correct (Posting from phone)

Jaegers (S or DD) are fun and versatile.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
If you wait until friday alot of the mechs will be 35% off for cbills.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

Kazvall posted:

You'll want 4 tons of ammo on that uac20, for sure. I would drop two heatsinks for 4 tons of ammo and another ton of armor on your legs because you're asking to loving die with 26 armor on the legs. You WILL get legged as the stormcrow has large legs and clanners always aim for them because most pilots underarmor their legs. 49 leg armor at all times, fooooool!

I am fairly certain I had full armour on the legs when I did it originally. I think Smurfy still has some bugs showing Clan mechs properly, hell when I clicked the link just now it was showing I had zero armour in all sections.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TeeMerk posted:

If you wait until friday alot of the mechs will be 35% off for cbills.

If I have 12 mill or so and want a clan mech for pretend money but don't care how long I wait, what's the one to wait for? I mainly drive heavies and lights rather than assaults.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I think I got about 15 Mil laying around. Any newer Mechs in that C-Bills price range that could be practical with a Standard (or Clan XL) engine at Medium/Heavy size, or an Assault that wouldn't be too slow for getting back into the swing of things? Mostly I just want something a bit forgiving to getting a side torso blown out that can still contribute a bit of punch without being left behind in the dust.

I got the old Cents, most old Hunchbacks, Every old Cataphract except the one with jumpjets. Along with Elite old Atlases except K. I have a stalker (or two? Forget what I even own on that case) but their torso twist made me miss the comparatively nimble Atlas. Jaeger looks fun for if I stick with this clear time and attention permitting, if I get back to a point where an XL on anything but a hang back sniper isn't complete suicide in my hands. The Novacat and laser Energy heavy Awesomes as a concept I adore but ghost heat makes me afraid to take the plunge.

The heads up about Friday sale is also appreciated.

EDIT: Hmm, the "official" Wiki seems lacking anything on Clan mechs. Anything aside from guesswork with UI 2.0, or the in progress Smurfy builder bits to give a rundown on the Clan mechs and their bizarre mechanics? Oh right, check the OP :doh: and hope this Mechspecs thing has some insight.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 4, 2014

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
two of the jagers will be on sale as well as some of the shads

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Is it supposed to take forever to find a match? Is there just no one playing at midnight PST? A friend and I are trying to drop and it just won't put us in a match.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Sebmojo tells the best stories :allears:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
:gas:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

If I have 12 mill or so and want a clan mech for pretend money but don't care how long I wait, what's the one to wait for? I mainly drive heavies and lights rather than assaults.

Wait for the Summoner then, it should be out in a week or so. It will be the first clan heavy to be released for c-bills. The Timberwolf is better, but it's coming out in like 5 months.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The Summoner is a clan mech? :stare:
You're right... it dies so easily i just assumed it was another worthless IS heavy/assault. I'd skip that, but maybe Summoner Gundam Meisters are just that bad :shrug:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I loving hate all of you. I really do. I'll probably install this tonight when I go to bed (my internet is poo poo).

gently caress you guys.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

I loving hate all of you. I really do. I'll probably install this tonight when I go to bed (my internet is poo poo).

gently caress you guys.

:allears: :getin:

You won't regret it at all :shepface:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I will remain strong! I'm a 3025 grog, the game was disappointing to start with! :bahgawd:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

gently caress you guys.

same. I hope the in the year since I last played the game it has improved slightly.

lol

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Dramicus posted:

Wait for the Summoner then, it should be out in a week or so. It will be the first clan heavy to be released for c-bills. The Timberwolf is better, but it's coming out in like 5 months.

He says he doesn't care about the wait so... stormcrow? Diverse and fast with jets. No idea on the release date though.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Stormcrow is the only clan mech I have interest in right now.

For those of you who still have the NEED FOR SPEED, from what I can tell Jenners are still the dopest poo poo, especially with Radar Deprivation which is basically ECM if you can break line of sight for their team. With speed tweak, you literally outrun LRMs, so no big deal.

Ravens are still sick if you're used to playing ECM, and can do without jumpjets. The 3 ML SRM4 SRM2 build is still nice. I've seen ERLL builds a lot lately too which make great snipers.

Firestarters are fun, you can boat lasers on them and go fast. I don't care for the layout, for some reason I always get stuck on terrain on them, but I think it's because I'm used to running Jenners. They can shoot directly behind them with arms freefloated and torso twist X.

All the old ones are like they are still.

gently caress clans lovely lights.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Here is a handy cheat sheet for when mechs are being released. The nova is out right now and isn't too bad of a robbut. Skip the Summoner as others have said.
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/158453-clan-mech-release-schedule/

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I played earlier. Stuck three lrm 20s and a tag on a Battlemaster and vomited missiles until I ran out of ammo. The other team were bads and died.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Paramemetic posted:

Ravens are still sick if you're used to playing ECM, and can do without jumpjets. The 3 ML SRM4 SRM2 build is still nice. I've seen ERLL builds a lot lately too which make great snipers.

I have a couple of Ravens somewhere. What was the recommended build for the good one (3L, I think)? I want to have an excuse for not doing any damage.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Fat Samurai posted:

I have a couple of Ravens somewhere. What was the recommended build for the good one (3L, I think)? I want to have an excuse for not doing any damage.

If you like getting in super close, 3ML+SRM4 and SRM2 in the arm. If you like being at range, ERLLs just however many you can fit, 2 I think is optimal. There's a way to finnagle weight to get 3MPLs but I don't think that's worth it IMO.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Paramemetic posted:

gently caress clans lovely lights.

Kit Fox Uller is a p. shite robit, when are they releasing the Puma?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wales Grey posted:

Kit Fox Uller is a p. shite robit, when are they releasing the Puma?

The kit fox is a lot better than the puma. The kit fox has ecm and triple ams for hugging the big boys.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Both clan lights are slow as poo poo. The kit fox just happens to have a reason to exist while the adder does not. You have to play the kit fox as a light lrm boat that can ecm/ams shield your fatties or a light scout with ecm like the cicada. If you try to play it like a 150kph+ IS light you will die, a lot.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

Both clan lights are slow as poo poo. The kit fox just happens to have a reason to exist while the adder does not. You have to play the kit fox as a light lrm boat that can ecm/ams shield your fatties or a light scout with ecm like the cicada. If you try to play it like a 150kph+ IS light you will die, a lot.

Yep, your role is a fast ecm support mech, not a scouter or capper. I am considering getting one because I love lights.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Every old fag is going to be driving a Teebowolf or a DireShakeThatBear and I'd like to be different.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Tell me how to outfit my jenner or where to find good builds. I haven't played in a year.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

Tell me how to outfit my jenner or where to find good builds. I haven't played in a year.

x300, 4 medium lasers, 2 SRM4 with 2 tons ammo(1 in each leg), 2 jumpjets, max armor with as much as you can get into the legs, maybe a heatsink.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Not streaks?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

Not streaks?

Streaks now randomly target a body part and do slightly less damage than regular ones. They're not TERRIBLE, per say, but I much prefer regular srms. Streaks would be alright against other lights but simply don't do anything to heavier targets, at least just the 4 missiles from 2 streaks.

E: You get 2x the missiles from srm4s and just have to aim better.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I want a game mode where everyone is forced into the same weight class. Solairs Light Circuit in MW4Mercs was the best poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I want a game mode where everyone is forced into the same weight class. Solairs Light Circuit in MW4Mercs was the best poo poo ever.

This is called a custom match and is loving hilarious dropping as all lights or mediums or whatever snowflake build you came up with and then we all fight in the caldera.

• Locked thread